CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone else experiencing crippling lag in about 25% of the matches they play? I am seriously considering trading this in tomorrow and picking up BF:MC2. I might pick up MLB 2K10 too.[/QUOTE]

I had a little lol moment at that. Battlefield: Modern Company 2.. Modern warfare is getting to you.. hahaha :lol:

I wouldn't get MLB 2K10, especially right now. People can't connect online. A patch is supposed to be coming.

In regards of MW2, make sure nothing else is trying to connect to the internet (torrents, internet browsing, dowloading, etc.) That always messes stuff up, especially if you don't have a cable/FIOS connection.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I wouldn't get MLB 2K10, especially right now. People can't connect online. A patch is supposed to be coming.

In regards of MW2, make sure nothing else is trying to connect to the internet (torrents, internet browsing, dowloading, etc.) That always messes stuff up, especially if you don't have a cable/FIOS connection.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for the heads up for 2K10.

I'm not downloading anything, my NAT is open, I'm on Cable etc... aka it's not on my end. Just experiencing a lot of lag since the latest patch came out.

and lol I meant BF:BC2.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone else experiencing crippling lag in about 25% of the matches they play? I am seriously considering trading this in tomorrow and picking up BF:MC2. I might pick up MLB 2K10 too.[/QUOTE]

I have had some slight lag, but I figured it was just my internet connection on my end.

Definitely wait on MLB 2K10 or any other 2K sports games from now on. I am as diehard a fan of the NBA 2K series as anyone and the bugs over the last few years are just ridiculous to see in a "finished" game.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I wonder if any of this drama going on has delayed the map packs? I mean they have the biggest game with a huge audience. I don't understand waiting this long already for some DLC. It's not like there gonna give it away for free, why not capitalize at it's peak? This seems very un-Activision. You'd think they'd have it planned out for max cash.[/QUOTE]

Activision has said that they will release the next two map packs, but any more then that is still a question. IW was hoping to release more then two if things went well, but that may not happen if Activision puts their foot down.

Also, does anyone know why the IW heads were chopped off? I DO! Because they weren't listening to what they were being told. I'm not sure what they were being told that they weren't listening to (or if thats just a cover as to why they were really fired) but that's why they were fired.

Some people are saying the video is fake and just from the first game, but there is obvious proof that the pics/footage is real because of the weapons seen throughout.

MW1 didn't have a Tactical Knife, nor the MP5K, which is also shown.

Not only that, but the maps look a bit different then they did in MW1. The textures are a little more detailed and some of the maps just looks like they were altered in a very slight way.

I'm waiting for that next video with more footage.

Some people are saying the video is fake and just from the first game, but there is obvious proof that the pics/footage is real because of the weapons seen throughout.

MW1 didn't have a Tactical Knife, nor the MP5K, which is also shown.

Not only that, but the maps look a bit different then they did in MW1. The textures are a little more detailed and some of the maps just looks like they were altered in a very slight way.

I'm waiting for that next video with more footage.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']
Also, does anyone know why the IW heads were chopped off? I DO! Because they weren't listening to what they were being told. I'm not sure what they were being told that they weren't listening to (or if thats just a cover as to why they were really fired) but that's why they were fired.[/QUOTE]

A few different sources have said that West and the other person (forgot his name) wanted to take the next game in the series down a "futuristic" path and Activision wanted to do it another way.

[quote name='zewone']Never heard of Photoshop?[/QUOTE]

Pretty hard and time-consuming to photoshop actual video like shown at the end where their is a person running around Crash with an MP5K and you can see Semtex as his grenade.

[quote name='RobMinhas']I have BF:BC2, and i am so glad i did not sell MW2 to get it. Mw2 is much better IMO.[/QUOTE]

Apples and oranges for me. I can play both and not feel like it's redundant. I've got issues with both of them, but both are entertaining.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Apples and oranges for me. I can play both and not feel like it's redundant. I've got issues with both of them, but both are entertaining.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I felt about COD4 and the first Bad Company. I didn't really like the BC2 demo a lot but I will still be getting it. It cracks me up to see all the MW2 vs BC2 hatred on these message boards.

IW must not like me today.

IMG_0180.jpg

[quote name='LordKefka06']IW must not like me today.

IMG_0180.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL, i havent played this game in about a month. Yesterday and today i started to play it again and i swear all i get in care packages is ammo or UAVs. But im already bored. I might try to sell this soon. Its just too bad the price is around 40 new now. Where COD4 was 60 for a long long time.

[quote name='mvp828']A few different sources have said that West and the other person (forgot his name) wanted to take the next game in the series down a "futuristic" path and Activision wanted to do it another way.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, and could very well be possible. Like I said the whole thing about the heads not obeying could just be cover for something much more stupid. There would have been massive outcry if Activision said they fired the two heads for wanting to take the game in a different direction then they wanted to.

Plus, I still have a feeling there was something else to the firings. Activision controls the company, they have since they bought it from the head(s) of the company some while back. The heads have little say really, and anything they say is basically just a suggestion. Activision could do whatever they wanted without listening to the heads at all.

IMG_0180.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, I didn't even know you could get any more then two of the same thing in a single EAD? I thought I read somewhere that IW (or maybe just a liar) said that you could not get any more then two of the same thing in a single EAD. But maybe that only applies to Killstreak drops, not ammo? Either way, you need to be eating some more Lucky Charms or something.

Guess who I played with the other day (I forgot to mention it the day I actually played wit him)....AkimboSlice.

That's right, the Sandy Ravage of Youtube fame. I was playing with him in Ground War on the PS3 a few days back, and he was having some really bad games.

I was tubing, sniping and knifing him, and obviously I felt good but everyone else was owning him as well. He ended up having quite a few 8-17 type games and ended up leaving.

[quote name='The 7th Number']LOL, i havent played this game in about a month. Yesterday and today i started to play it again and i swear all i get in care packages is ammo or UAVs. But im already bored. I might try to sell this soon. Its just too bad the price is around 40 new now. Where COD4 was 60 for a long long time.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 4 was available for $40 or so within 2 months of release, itself. I got it for $38 new at Target 2 months after it came out.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Guess who I played with the other day (I forgot to mention it the day I actually played wit him)....AkimboSlice.

That's right, the Sandy Ravage of Youtube fame. I was playing with him in Ground War on the PS3 a few days back, and he was having some really bad games.

I was tubing, sniping and knifing him, and obviously I felt good but everyone else was owning him as well. He ended up having quite a few 8-17 type games and ended up leaving.[/QUOTE]I only play on the Xbox 360. Any variations of Sandy Ravage or Akimbo Slice on the PS3 or PC are not me. And I don't play SnD.
Thats from his youtube channel.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']That's the way I felt about COD4 and the first Bad Company. I didn't really like the BC2 demo a lot but I will still be getting it. It cracks me up to see all the MW2 vs BC2 hatred on these message boards.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe people just played over hyped trash. Epically on a message that usually does not fall for hype.

IMG_0180.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You and me both, brotha. No joke, every care package I called in last night was an ammo resupply.

Well IW made up for that ammo EAD, by making all 3 of my NORMAL care packages an AC130, in 1 game... It was raining shells the whole round.

The only time I don't mind an ammo crate is when I have a grenade launcher equipped. Any other time is a disappointment, unless you use it to lure the enemy.

[quote name='snakelda']I only play on the Xbox 360. Any variations of Sandy Ravage or Akimbo Slice on the PS3 or PC are not me. And I don't play SnD.
Thats from his youtube channel.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that before on his Youtube page, but didn't even think about it. No wonder the AkimboSlice I played with on the PS3 sucked so bad.:cry:

:lol: That's something else isn't it?

P.S. In other news, DLC news coming this week according to 402.:applause:

[quote name='LordKefka06']Well IW made up for that ammo EAD, by making all 3 of my NORMAL care packages an AC130, in 1 game... It was raining shells the whole round.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like 10% of my opponents :lol: I always think something weird is going on when they so few kills but 30 Chopper Gunners/AC-130s.

Acknowledging that as many as 20 million (of its 25 million players) "no longer [derive] pleasure from blowing up people hiding in the cockpit or on top of the crane," Modern Warfare 2's creators say new map help is OTW.

"Mapathy" is the name of this affliction, for which Modern Warfare 2 community manager Robert Bowling tweeted about 30 minutes ago that Infinity Ward researchers have found a cure. It's coming - to Xbox Live - March 30. That's all we know now. So, no pricing, nor PC or PS3 availability info yet.
http://kotaku.com/5489613/modern-warfare-2-promises-breakthrough-cure-for-mapathy

content.gif

So Maps are out 3.30.10

Seems that the PS3 pack will be out on April 29th, as that is the last Thursday of April I hear....

Do I hear 1200 MS Points? Do I hear 1600 MS Points?

I lean towards 1600 being the price....1600 or at best 1200.

^

either way i need to find a deal on points & xbox live. mine goes out of service on april 1st....amazing timing i know. :/

Personally if anything I lean towards the maps being 1200 points actually now, as 1600 is $20 and that is too much. 800 is possible though, because that would be $10, which is acceptable for most people.

I still think paying anything more then $5 for MW1 maps is a bit of a ripoff. It should be an update or some kind of special thing, not just another scam to milk more money out of us because everyone liked the first game's maps.

Stop feeding IW. Every single developer of mw2 multiplayer should be killed IRL. It's obvious they don't care about the game and only care about the money. I'm glad IW heads got fired, they deserve it for releasing this trash. I hope the rest of the staff gets fired. Stop supporting shit companys.

[quote name='tsg2005']Stop feeding IW. Every single developer of mw2 multiplayer should be killed IRL. It's obvious they don't care about the game and only care about the money. I'm glad IW heads got fired, they deserve it for releasing this trash. I hope the rest of the staff gets fired. Stop supporting shit companys.[/QUOTE]

teachers-head-explodes.jpg

[quote name='tsg2005']Stop feeding IW. Every single developer of mw2 multiplayer should be killed IRL. It's obvious they don't care about the game and only care about the money. I'm glad IW heads got fired, they deserve it for releasing this trash. I hope the rest of the staff gets fired. Stop supporting shit companys.[/QUOTE]

This can't be real.

All previous map packs for MW1 and WaW were 800 points, so I'm hoping they stick with that price. But this is Activision were talking about so nothing would surprise me.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Maps are going to be $15 which I believe is 1200 points.[/QUOTE]
That better be a joke or there better be 6 amazing maps to warrant 1200 MS Points.

Never played any online shooter before, so I got rolled pretty good when I put this in earlier. Ended on a good note at least (15 kills, 7 deaths, couple UAV's - no killstreak higher than 3 though)

Any tips for dealing with people running around with the speed and knife perks? Have been getting dominated pretty good by them. Guess it is just a matter of seeing them far enough away to shoot them down before they get to you, but figured it can't hurt to ask.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']That better be a joke or there better be 6 amazing maps to warrant 1200 MS Points.[/QUOTE]

There are more than maps coming with it. There are more spec ops missions, more titles and emblems, and a few new guns.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']There are more than maps coming with it. There are more spec ops missions, more titles and emblems, and a few new guns.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that? I don't think that was ever said. But if it's true... holy shit.

bread's done
Back