CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='gordojones88']I've been playing with Last Stand Pro perk the last couple of weeks. When I go down, if I can't shoot the guy right away, I pull out my grenade and hold on to it till it explodes, they do not get the kill, it counts as a suicide only. Some of the time they run up to me only to explode when my grenade goes off, I get the kill but they get nothing.[/QUOTE]

its pretty good for screwing over people. they dont get a kill toward their killstreak. I saw a couple people do this which frustates the hell out of me.
I personally use ninja pro instead of last stand. I do better when i can sprint around the map making little noise vs last stand.

1200 points is a bit high IMO. $15 bucks for two old maps and three new ones that will be guaranteed littered and filled with elevators, terrain glitches (inside stuff) and other glitches. I mean, come on, unless they end up adding something interesting other the maps (a new mode like Global Thermonuclear War would be very nice) I don't think I can see myself buying it right away.

By no means is that map pack a must buy for $15. $10 (800 points) is much more reasonable for just the maps.

Im wondering if i buy the new maps, will there be rooms specifically for the people who bought the maps, or do i have to be lucky enough to find 11 other people who actually bought the maps to actually get to play on them?

lol i just had some f'ed up matches. one where a guy commando knife me at a 90 degree angle |_

a lag match

and another match were i repeated shot a guy infront of me point blank for multiple occasions for a minute only for him to rocket me (the guy had 30K/4D) it took me 3 bullets to kill his teammates compared to him. is there a health perk i don't know about? I'm not saying this guy was cheating. but when your right in front of me and I'm shooting you with connecting bullets.. and in the kill-cam you take no damage.. i will get a little suspicious

wow 1200 points!!!! that's a horrible Stimulus Package

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timesplitt']lol i just had some f'ed up matches. one where a guy commando knife me at a 90 degree angle |_

a lag match

and another match were i repeated shot a guy infront of me point blank for multiple occasions for a minute only for him to rocket me (the guy had 30K/4D) it took me 3 bullets to kill his teammates compared to him. is there a health perk i don't know about? I'm not saying this guy was cheating. but when your right in front of me and I'm shooting you with connecting bullets.. and in the kill-cam you take no damage.. i will get a little suspicious

wow 1200 points!!!! that's a horrible Stimulus Package[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not going to say anything specific but there is a way where you can extend your health forever during the lifecycle. I don't know how, but I know it exists. Perhaps that, or just more lag where it didn't even look like you where shooting him.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im wondering if i buy the new maps, will there be rooms specifically for the people who bought the maps, or do i have to be lucky enough to find 11 other people who actually bought the maps to actually get to play on them?[/QUOTE]

If its anything like the other CoD games, you will just get kicked out of a lobby if a new map comes up.

AKA, everyone in the lobby finishes playing Highrise, but then Overgrown comes up. Everyone without the map pack will be booted out of the lobby.

[quote name='timesplitt']lol i just had some f'ed up matches. one where a guy commando knife me at a 90 degree angle |_

a lag match

wow 1200 points!!!! that's a horrible Stimulus Package[/QUOTE]

You kind of answered the question yourself. That's what happens during lag correction.

Hardcore Mosh-pit was confirmed on the podcast. He said it will be released for free.

He also said to expect more game modes (GTNW?).

He also said that they will be posting videos/pictures on their official site.

AFAIK, the rock glitch in Overgrown never got fixed. It's possible to do the same exact thing on Derail, so I wonder if it will work in Overgrown V2.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Well, I'm not going to say anything specific but there is a way where you can extend your health forever during the lifecycle. I don't know how, but I know it exists. Perhaps that, or just more lag where it didn't even look like you where shooting him.[/QUOTE]
oh

[quote name='PhrostByte']You kind of answered the question yourself. That's what happens during lag correction.[/QUOTE]

but how can the lag let me kill the other guys instantly when they were in front of me! but NOT him

[quote name='LordKefka06']Hardcore Mosh-pit was confirmed on the podcast. He said it will be released for free.

He also said to expect more game modes (GTNW?).

He also said that they will be posting videos/pictures on their official site.[/QUOTE]

Mosh Pit? I forget what kind of mode that is? Isn't that a medley of modes combined into one?

More game modes are a given though. Worst kept MW2 secret really. I expect GTNW, but the others like Arena and stuff may not happen.

P.S. How stupid will a GTNW video be? Everyone knows what it looks like unless the official GTNW is going to be different.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']If its anything like the other CoD games, you will just get kicked out of a lobby if a new map comes up.

AKA, everyone in the lobby finishes playing Highrise, but then Overgrown comes up. Everyone without the map pack will be booted out of the lobby.[/QUOTE]

That isn't how it worked in COD4, the DLC maps would simply be taken out of the map rotation if someone if the room didn't have them. In W@W they decided it was a good idea to give people the boot for not having it, it will be interesting to see which they decide on this time. Try to "force" people to buy it so they don't get the boot since it cost so much or go the route of COD4...

[quote name='reddjoey']Maybe this is a stimulus for Activision.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. They're prepping for if IW wins a lawsuit against them. Such an ironic name for this map pack. And i'm completely done with this game if they choose the booting method. Good games are already hard enough to find without being kicked out for not buying their overpriced DLC.

That's not how it worked in CoD4. There was a DLC playlist separate from the games existing playlist. This kept them separate. I believe it took a while for them to finally remove the DLC playlist and go the "boot if you don't have it" method. Either way you'll have a choice.

3 new maps with 2 maps recycled from the first series for $15.
We all know that with that amount of money we can buy Perfect Dark and have free 400 MS.
This is extremely over-priced and I can't believe they would charge such cost. Quite disappointed now.

I'll sell MW2 the moment they decide to use "bye bye if you don't have this new over-priced map" method.

[quote name='gage006']Exactly. They're prepping for if IW wins a lawsuit against them. Such an ironic name for this map pack. And i'm completely done with this game if they choose the booting method. Good games are already hard enough to find without being kicked out for not buying their overpriced DLC.[/QUOTE]
i actually prefer the booting system over halo 3's you cant play this playlist at all system

They're doing it because they know they can get away with it..

Even if it was five new maps plus the two old ones it'll still be too much.

It's time to put this game on the shelf. $15 dollars for 3 new maps? This is the thanks we are shown for putting up with the glitch fest known as MW2. I have over 200 online hours into this game. It has been fun playing it, even with with the glitches, server drops, and spawning into someones claymore. I wasn't planning on stopping playing this game but I suppose I should start to tackle my backlog.

[quote name='timesplitt']i actually prefer the booting system over halo 3's you cant play this playlist at all system[/QUOTE]

So you prefer virtually no playability over limited playability? Strange.

Glad to see the backlash is there over the pricing of this map pack. $15 is just too excessive for five maps when two of them are just rehashes of old CoD4 maps. Remember Gears of War 2, they just gave away the old GoW1 map packs to any new retail purchasers of GoW2. It should have been the same for MW2's MW1 maps.

While this is really just a sign of the times, it's frustrating. These publishers are just nickel and diming us now. It's like if you bought a ticket to a baseball game, then were told you had to fork over an extra $15 just to stay and watch the 9th inning. Ridiculous. Now, most of my outrage will be saved for seeing how they implement the new maps. If they're only in new playlists initially, no problem. However, if they go with the booting method, then Bobby Kotick can burn in hell.

For fifteen dollars I would expect some new weapons, co-op missions, or even more options... but fifteen for five maps? Count me out... if I had all the achievements in this game I'd probably just trade it in.

Activision is just making a case for people to pay a monthly fee in the future. You're buying into the problem if you are buying these.

[quote name='uglyteradon']
Activision is just making a case for people to pay a monthly fee in the future. You're buying into the problem if you are buying these.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Activision has made several statements about making Call of Duty a monthly fee system. I don't think it'll ever work though. With the Battlefield series picking up some steam, and now the rebirth of the Medal of Honor series, there's just too much legitimate competition for Call of Duty. If they try to overcharge by forcing a monthly fee on us, many of us will just jump ship.

Shit, I was really looking forward to this. $15 for 3 maps is bullshit. Yeah 3 maps, when the other 2 have been done already for years. I love getting quality DLC but shit like this and with dipshits buying avatar clothes what do you expect?

It is a shame that Activision is such a bunch of fucktards because I really feel like MW2 is quite a good game. For $15 I could buy multiple quality XBLA games or some slightly older stuff on Steam. There is nothing about 5 maps that is worth $15.

Add me to the "They are batshit insane Robin!" bandwagon. No way I am going to pay $15 for maps when I can get a HD remake and fully Live enabled Perfect Dark for $10. If they end up making 90% of the playlists unavailable to people who don't have the new maps then my plan is to prestige one more time then be done with this game till they either discount the maps by a lot or put up another double XP weekend that doesn't require the new maps.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yeah, Activision has made several statements about making Call of Duty a monthly fee system. I don't think it'll ever work though. With the Battlefield series picking up some steam, and now the rebirth of the Medal of Honor series, there's just too much legitimate competition for Call of Duty. If they try to overcharge by forcing a monthly fee on us, many of us will just jump ship.[/QUOTE]

Price gouging is just another bullet point to the "I want to take the fun out of making games" statement that Bobby Kotick had made. I honestly don't feel that either heads of Infinity Ward had wanted to let Activision run their baby into the ground... but the man cannot distinguish the difference in quality that comes from either crafting a game and manufacturing one.

I truly understand that you are saying that this sort of thing, monthly fees, shouldn't work but the problem is they don't care. Get enough people to love something and they will rationalize a price however they want. If the next Battlenet has a monthly fee attached to it I guarantee people will complain about it and still pay for it (while many other people will walk away). It's not really about what "will work" at first but how quickly you can strong-arm the game industry into changing the pricing structures associated with gaming.

I don't want fifteen dollars to be the next step for map packs and I'm not supporting this by not buying it. Activision has good thing going for them if they can make us pay extra for something that has been a standard. Why not make it monthly?

15 is just too much, 10 i would have done, im going to wait on a sale for this one :(

i was looking to get a 1600 point card for this and perfect dark, but i guess its just perfect dark now..

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Will you still be able to play in Team Deathmatches or will you be required to have these maps to really play anything in MP?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll let you play in a few match type modes, but they will be limited. Kind of reminds me of the Halo 3 fiasco when ODST came out - if you didn't have the ODST maps you were restricted to two gameplay types for a good several months.

The sad thing about the price of the pack is that they'll still make a shitton of money, a majority of players will buy it regardless. The handful of the 8 million people or however many not buying it will not matter much to them.

[quote name='tcrash247']The sad thing about the price of the pack is that they'll still make a shitton of money, a majority of players will buy it regardless. The handful of the 8 million people or however many not buying it will not matter much to them.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to wait and see. They'll still sell a ton, I'm sure, but I'd bet there are more than a "handful" of people who will not buy it, and they'll be quite vocal about the pricing.

It really wouldn't shock me if there is such an outcry regarding the price that Activision drops it to 800pts/$10 before release. It's not likely, but it could happen.

I don't post much on these boards. But I gotta agree.....$15 is way to much for 3 new maps and 2 maps most of us already paid for. It might not make any difference, but I've been trying to get some gaming sites to spread the word about the anger over the "Stimulus Package". There seems to be a huge backlash on Twitter (towards @FourZeroTwo and @InfinityWard).

$10 would probably be fair if they also threw in a few other bonuses.

Not that bothered, I've had my fun with MW2 and haven't played it much in a while.

Hope this backfires though. No map pack should cost more than 800 points.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm sure they'll let you play in a few match type modes, but they will be limited. Kind of reminds me of the Halo 3 fiasco when ODST came out - if you didn't have the ODST maps you were restricted to two gameplay types for a good several months.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured. I finally got all the Halo 3 maps, so I'll probably going back to playing that for awhile.

[quote name='AshesofWake']
i was looking to get a 1600 point card for this and perfect dark, but i guess its just perfect dark now..[/QUOTE]

Same here, let's hope it doesn't sell too well, even though it probably will.

Honestly how much is this worth to you? This is less than an hour's worth of work for me so it's stomachable. I was peeved last night when it was officially confirmed but $3 per map for endless hours of playtime doesn't really affect my decision to not buy these. Granted I'm still going to try and find some Monster cans first to see if I can get it for free but if not I'm not going to complain. It just gives me a reason to use my leftover Axe MS points.

Maybe this pricing is an indication that Activision is planning on settling with the former Infinity Ward heads - or maybe they just want to pad their fiscal earnings this quarter.

OR maybe they just want to screw us over.

Probably a combination of at least two of the three.

This reminds me of a company just seeing how high the ceiling can go.

It just seems crazy to me that a company doesn't understand that they can sell much more by charging less.

1,000,000 buys at $15.00 < 2,500,000 buys at $10.00

Remember when every new PS2 release was $50 dollars, then Sony started charging $40 for their new releases and all the different companies started charging different amounts that were less than $50 to encourage more sales? Remember NFL 2K5 and NBA 2K5 being $20 at launch, and selling quite well? That shit doesn't happen anymore :(

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Remember NFL 2K5 and NBA 2K5 being $20 at launch, and selling quite well? That shit doesn't happen anymore :([/QUOTE]

I remember that EA's reaction was to sign an exclusivity deal with the NFL, thereby cutting off any competition. That was BS.

By the way, on virtually every gaming site I browse (Gamespot, 1UP, G4, Kotaku), Activision is getting murdered by the gaming public over the pricing on this map pack. They'd better get things in control quick, especially after the negative PR they got with the Infinity Ward firings.

bread's done
Back