CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='M1C13']Anyone using gaming headsets when playing MW2 specifically? I am look at spending $100 and right now looking at the x31s. I would like the x41s for optical instead of red/white but don't want to spend $175+

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have X31's and I like them alot, my only complaint is when the batteries die it makes a horrible screeching noise that scares the fuck outta me

[quote name='M1C13']Anyone using gaming headsets when playing MW2 specifically? I am look at spending $100 and right now looking at the x31s. I would like the x41s for optical instead of red/white but don't want to spend $175+

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat, but I just sucked it up and bought the X41's anyway. Well worth it... It wasn't long before I didn't feel bad at all about spending that much

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I use the Tritton AX720's. I've heard some good and some bad on the Turtle Beach's. I love my AX's, I haven't had any interference or hissing that you WILL get with the Beach's. Since they're wireless you will get that no matter what.

The AX's are wired but the cord is 12' long and it's compatible with the PS3, 360 and PC. Plus you can listen to just about any other source as well.

The AX720's are only $130 and I feel like it's been the best investment I've made for my gaming rig.

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']I have X31's and I like them alot, my only complaint is when the batteries die it makes a horrible screeching noise that scares the fuck outta me[/QUOTE]
With the x31's can you hear the soft noise that they talk about, like reloads, foot steps, etc? I play 8 feet from my tv right now so it's not like i can hear it now but it would be nice. I know they say you can with AXpros, AX720s and X41s not sure about others.

Sorry for the non MW2 talk everyone, but this is the game I am them for as it's the only game I play right now, until Reach comes out.

[quote name='kevlar51']Very frustrated with the new bugs popping up (I didn't get the Stimulus package). On several occasions last night, my friend and I, who were in the same COD party (in private chat) found ourselves split up into entirely different games. And it takes a bit to figure out if it drops you in mid-game. "You in?" "Yeah, I'm in." "Hmm... you're not in mine."

Typically if the party gets split up, it shoves one guy back to the party menu. This way we both get to take the loss.

Also, twice last night I spawned with my gun pointed to the sky. WTF is it with COD patches that make this happen?!?!!?[/QUOTE]

That splitting into different matches has been a problem since before the DLC/new patch. I had this happening in the first week with the group of people I play with, we would have 4 make it to 1 room and 2 make it to another.

I've spawned looking into the sky before the DLC.

SlimJim, weren't you the one with the insider friend who saw new guns, perks and shit? What happened to that?

[quote name='M1C13']With the x31's can you hear the soft noise that they talk about, like reloads, foot steps, etc? I play 8 feet from my tv right now so it's not like i can hear it now but it would be nice. I know they say you can with AXpros, AX720s and X41s not sure about others.

Sorry for the non MW2 talk everyone, but this is the game I am them for as it's the only game I play right now, until Reach comes out.[/QUOTE]

I don't own the x31's (I own the Ear Force X1's), but I can guarantee you'll be able to hear reloads and foot steps with no problems. I can hear when people activate their killstreaks too (laptops opening, UAV switches, etc.). If it can be done with the cheapest Turtle Beach headset, it should definitely be done with the more expensive ones.

Played for a while today, seems like every match I was in someone was using RPGs. Did they all of a sudden get popular? It was pretty annoying stuff. Also, one match there was a guy on the opposing team who had no name. If you looked at his gamertag, he had a name, but not in CoD. Really weird. I'm also totally sick of Overgrown, I get that goddamn map so much and I suck on it.

[quote name='tcrash247']Played for a while today, seems like every match I was in someone was using RPGs. Did they all of a sudden get popular? It was pretty annoying stuff. Also, one match there was a guy on the opposing team who had no name. If you looked at his gamertag, he had a name, but not in CoD. Really weird. I'm also totally sick of Overgrown, I get that goddamn map so much and I suck on it.[/QUOTE]

I took a break from the game to play FFXIII and now coming back to it, it seems like the community has gone from shit to even worse. Everyone uses either Danger Close grenade launchers or silenced UMPs. It's just getting old. I don't get why 402 would announce a OMA tweak and then nothing actually happens.

@xscorpionx from a couple pages ago: it's looking for the lowest ping games first, then expanding the search. That's why it seems to find less "good" games.

On the headset issue, I have a set of TB Earforce X11s. It's the newer version of the X1s. They made them chatpad compatible and added in the ability to hear your own voice through the headphones. The wire is 16' long, but I only sit 5 feet from my tele anyway. I can hear everything just fine. They kick ass!

[quote name='tcrash247']Played for a while today, seems like every match I was in someone was using RPGs. Did they all of a sudden get popular? It was pretty annoying stuff. Also, one match there was a guy on the opposing team who had no name. If you looked at his gamertag, he had a name, but not in CoD. Really weird. I'm also totally sick of Overgrown, I get that goddamn map so much and I suck on it.[/QUOTE]

was it just while you were playing he didnt have a name? or did he not have a name in the lobby as well?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']was it just while you were playing he didnt have a name? or did he not have a name in the lobby as well?[/QUOTE]

He didn't have a name anywhere, game or lobby. I was playing with a friend at the time and the name wasn't showing up for him either.

[quote name='Trakan']I've spawned looking into the sky before the DLC.

SlimJim, weren't you the one with the insider friend who saw new guns, perks and shit? What happened to that?[/QUOTE]

They were wrong and I will no longer listen to them for information on anything like that. Doesn't hurt my feelings being wrong about something like that, just going based off what they had said.

[quote name='Trakan']I've spawned looking into the sky before the DLC.

SlimJim, weren't you the one with the insider friend who saw new guns, perks and shit? What happened to that?[/QUOTE]

They were wrong and I will no longer listen to them for information on anything like that. Doesn't hurt my feelings being wrong about something like that, just going based off what they had said.

[quote name='Trakan']I took a break from the game to play FFXIII and now coming back to it, it seems like the community has gone from shit to even worse. Everyone uses either Danger Close grenade launchers or silenced UMPs. It's just getting old. I don't get why 402 would announce a OMA tweak and then nothing actually happens.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't played in about 3 months or so, but this is basically all I have seen since getting back into the game after getting the map pack for $8. I too haven't noticed any tweaks with OMA and watched a guy on my team go like 24-7 and he only had like 2 gun kills, the rest were basically grenade launcher kills.

[quote name='M1C13']With the x31's can you hear the soft noise that they talk about, like reloads, foot steps, etc? I play 8 feet from my tv right now so it's not like i can hear it now but it would be nice. I know they say you can with AXpros, AX720s and X41s not sure about others.

Sorry for the non MW2 talk everyone, but this is the game I am them for as it's the only game I play right now, until Reach comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can hear them, and I only have the volume on the reciever about half and on the headset 3/4 so they can go way louder...and also I get NO interference at all, and I have a plasma tv which was said to cause buzzing in the old x3's

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have some X31s and its great, i would recommend getting wireless. However with the X31 i heard the infrared signal can interrupt wireless signal. I run a Linksys 2.4 ghz router and i do admit my wireless most of the time lose signal when i'm downloading. I tested it yesterday and unplugged the infrared signal and it downloaded everything fine. So it's true if you have a 2.4 ghz router it might affect it.

Went with the X31s. By the grace of God Best Buy price matched walmart.com and marked them down to 78.54!!

I will let everyone know how they go when I play later today.

Thanks everyone for your input

[quote name='uEih']I have some X31s and its great, i would recommend getting wireless. However with the X31 i heard the infrared signal can interrupt wireless signal. I run a Linksys 2.4 ghz router and i do admit my wireless most of the time lose signal when i'm downloading. I tested it yesterday and unplugged the infrared signal and it downloaded everything fine. So it's true if you have a 2.4 ghz router it might affect it.[/QUOTE]

The X31's aren't infared, the x3's were. the x31's use an RF signal

Now back to MW2...so are they using the WAW method for people who dont have the maps.

Played last night for the first time since the stimulus package dropped. The game was practically unplayable which doesn't exactly make me want to drop the cash on the new maps.

[quote name='kklems']Anyone having trouble with Ninja Pro not working ie heartbeat monitors finding you, people with headsets hearing your footsteps?[/QUOTE]

are u just assuming its not working because the kill cam is showing u on their heartbeat? Killcam is a reinactment of what actually happened. Ninja pro works just fine in game, just in kill cams it tends to show people when it shouldn't.

footsteps are softened not completely muted with ninja pro. So if you pump the volume up you can still hear people w/ ninja just very slight vs normal footsteps. sitrep pro effectively cancels out ninja so that could be an option.

I ran into nuke boosters on Domination last night. one of the guys I recognized from earlier in the day (getting a nuke and someone else calling him out but didn't really think he boosted). then this time he or the other guy gets a nuke (though I was on the winning side). next game (I rarely stay in same lobby, which is why I don't do as well) they were trying to boost again but it was going well. then one of them gets on the roof (Highrise) and tries to get it the ol camping way (silenced ump, OMA, CB, Ninja). didn't work though he was top in kills. next game fail. next game one was able to get a nuke. I quit before it killed me and tried to rejoin the lobby. both guys were set to offline and I couldn't join the other people either. oh well

boosters' iinfo if ya want
sUpRa x 1 JzGtE...this guy has a nuke count in his profile
chevys10ls...most likely fake 10th prestige
they on each others fl (one is set to private) and they even had same clan tag but changed it later

[quote name='naiku']are u just assuming its not working because the kill cam is showing u on their heartbeat? Killcam is a reinactment of what actually happened. Ninja pro works just fine in game, just in kill cams it tends to show people when it shouldn't.

footsteps are softened not completely muted with ninja pro. So if you pump the volume up you can still hear people w/ ninja just very slight vs normal footsteps. sitrep pro effectively cancels out ninja so that could be an option.[/QUOTE]

No unlike dead silence in WaW and cod4 ninja pro does completely silence your footsteps. Now even though your footsteps are silenced they can still hear you switching weapons, knifing, or using equipment. Also if you are having issues with people finding you I would suggest using cold blooded, silencing your weapon, and taking it slow.

[quote name='tominater12']No unlike dead silence in WaW and cod4 ninja pro does completely silence your footsteps. Now even though your footsteps are silenced they can still hear you switching weapons, knifing, or using equipment. Also if you are having issues with people finding you I would suggest using cold blooded, silencing your weapon, and taking it slow.[/QUOTE]

I'm still able to hear footsteps, even when they have Ninja Pro on. Volume just has to be way up, like naiku said. A headset is definitely needed.

You can try it for yourself in a private match.

[quote name='Bavgate']Looks like the old 4 perks/3 guns hack got an upgrade. The deathstreak can now be replaced with a perk. Insanity.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Huh?[/QUOTE]

There's a hack going around which gives people 4 perks/3 guns, at the cost of replacing your equipment and special grenade. This hack got an upgrade now, and the deathstreak is now replaced with a 5th perk.

So, people can run around with Stopping Power + Hardline + Cold-Blooded, for instance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=HDevI0fm9c0

Skip to 0:36.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Crap. My pc is down and I can't see that video on my phone. So I guess this hack is for only pc?[/QUOTE]

All consoles, I believe. That video is on 360.

Only actual way I can think of to check if they're using the extra perks/guns is to spectate them and if they're spawning without grenades/equipment, that's a dead giveaway. Can't spectate the opposing team though, so it's only useful to check in FFA (or if you want to check on your team). Other than that, it'll be extremely hard to notice.

I actually think this hack was fixed with the newest update (video is from the 19th of March), but I'm sure it's going to pop up again. Hackers/modders always find a way.

As some other people were saying earlier, the only thing I've seen people use in the past couple of days are the grenade launcher or ump all the time. I've stooped down to using the nade launcher and now and am doing really well but I feel like it's cheating with scavenger on. It's way too easy to get kills. I know it has been said a million times before.

So I ran into some people tonight that were doing something really odd. Playing Hardcore HQ Pro I ended up as host (happens a lot, I have a pretty decent connection). I always quick mute people unless I play alone (which rarely happens) and had the entire other team muted. So everyone on my team was telling me during the match that they could hear everyone on the other team and that they were saying that they knew we could and that I should leave so the could get host. Obviously I wasn't just going to quit a match for some random assholes on the other team, so I was staying. All of a sudden they told my guys my city, state, service provider, etc. and then the room crashed.

Now I have seen a lot of weird stuff on this game, but this was by far the weirdest (and it was the first match of the night no less). I filed complaints on all 6 of them (they were all together) and I am sending a message to the person who runs the policy enforcement for LIVE for this. If any of you run into RK KINGKONG, WHAT THA C4, RK PURPLE, RK LONER, inny565, and/or AmNioTa watch out for all of them. They had a site bragging about modding in their motto called Righteous Kings or something like that if you want to keep an eye out for them. All but one was a 10th prestige as well, damn I wish they would fix stuff like this.

At least the night ended on a good note, even though my second to last match we lost, I was about 2 kills away from a nuke and ended at like 48-17 or something like that. The last match of the night I started off 26-0, got my nuke, ended at 41-8 and called it a night since the rest of my guys were getting off. All in all I have been enjoying the game a little more than I used to, but it is still no where near as addictive or fun to me as Call of Duty 4 was.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bavgate']I'm still able to hear footsteps, even when they have Ninja Pro on. Volume just has to be way up, like naiku said. A headset is definitely needed.

You can try it for yourself in a private match.[/QUOTE]
Enjoy your hearing impairment too. ;)

Oh shit! Demolition, is ridiculous! I played a match in Scrapyard, I went 107-13-8, probably would have gotten even more kills but someone else got a nuke, he went 125-7-6. Demolition is pretty freaking ridiculous.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Oh shit! Demolition, is ridiculous! I played a match in Scrapyard, I went 107-13-8, probably would have gotten even more kills but someone else got a nuke, he went 125-7-6. Demolition is pretty freaking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I might try that out soon. I tried Demolition once, but I find that if you are having an off night or something, the respawn delays end up hurting you. You have to keep a looong killstreak to get those kind of scores too. Wow!

I think I will try it though. I like camping kills off of objectives :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I might try that out soon. I tried Demolition once, but I find that if you are having an off night or something, the respawn delays end up hurting you. You have to keep a looong killstreak to get those kind of scores too. Wow!

I think I will try it though. I like camping kills off of objectives :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I dont know the exact count, but i had harrier-Pave low-chopper gunner, i wanna say i got about eight harriers and maybe six or seven pave lows, but i saved all five of the chopper gunners and used them right after each other.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Enjoy your hearing impairment too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Only cranked my volume up to high once and never did it again since it's useless in most games to listen for them. Too much other shit going on. Works great in SnD, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got. Message from Live thanking me for getting the Stimulus Package day one. They are crediting my gold with one free week. They should have given more IMHO but free is free. Too bad I'm paid up until 2012 already.

Playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight...Methinks the care package glitch is NOT fixed. Watched a team tonight get about 7 care packages in a few minutes, without having the number of kills to support it. The guy got 3 AC-130s and 2 Chopper Gunners in the span of 2 matches, along with 5-6 Predators, 4 Harriers...And their entire team was jumping around like it was fucking Halo 3. They even had one guy on their team that seemed like the 'juggernaut'. He took all kinds of damage, and still would live, turn around, and kill anyone with one shot.

I'm shocked at how broken and continually hacked this game is.

[quote name='Ronin317']Playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight...Methinks the care package glitch is NOT fixed. Watched a team tonight get about 7 care packages in a few minutes, without having the number of kills to support it. The guy got 3 AC-130s and 2 Chopper Gunners in the span of 2 matches, along with 5-6 Predators, 4 Harriers...And their entire team was jumping around like it was fucking Halo 3. They even had one guy on their team that seemed like the 'juggernaut'. He took all kinds of damage, and still would live, turn around, and kill anyone with one shot.

I'm shocked at how broken and continually hacked this game is.[/QUOTE]

Likely one of the people using a JTag'd 360. Any time I see someone in a lobby with either a colored and obviously fake GT or the spinning 10th prestige emblem (which is not available to unlock) I leave the room and file a complaint. If you ever see someone with a GT like that, just view their gamercard to get their real GT from it.

[quote name='Ronin317']Playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight...Methinks the care package glitch is NOT fixed. Watched a team tonight get about 7 care packages in a few minutes, without having the number of kills to support it. The guy got 3 AC-130s and 2 Chopper Gunners in the span of 2 matches, along with 5-6 Predators, 4 Harriers...And their entire team was jumping around like it was fucking Halo 3. They even had one guy on their team that seemed like the 'juggernaut'. He took all kinds of damage, and still would live, turn around, and kill anyone with one shot.

I'm shocked at how broken and continually hacked this game is.[/QUOTE]
yup they found a new way to do it right after the new patch came out
glitching pieces of shit got nothing better to do

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Didn't get to play as much as I had hoped during double XP but I did rank up 40 levels or so. Hope they do this again soon.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I didn't get to play as much either, I think I ranked up 8 levels... about 30 mins to 1 hour a day.

[quote name='M1C13']Wow, I didn't get to play as much either, I think I ranked up 8 levels... about 30 mins to 1 hour a day.[/QUOTE]

I was at level 69 when double XP started, so I prestiged as soon as I could, ranking up from 1-40 was nothing. I did 5 levels in one TDM match, from then on they just kept coming up...once I reached 38 it went pretty slow, but partly because I was sucking so bad yesterday I had to quit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was at level 69 when double XP started, so I prestiged as soon as I could, ranking up from 1-40 was nothing. I did 5 levels in one TDM match, from then on they just kept coming up...once I reached 38 it went pretty slow, but partly because I was sucking so bad yesterday I had to quit.[/QUOTE]
gotha, yeah i went from 50-58 on 1st prestige

bread's done
Back