COD:MW2 Prestige Edition w/$10 credit back @ Amazon - get your ECA code and go

[quote name='persianhero']gone...btw is this edition eligible for the 10$ gift card? cause every other edition has it and it kinda doesnt seem fair to people who get this ridiculusly expensive edition![/QUOTE]

What's gone?

I was just able to order another PE after canceling my previous preorder. Instead of the 0.00 promo I somehow got an extra $10 for the total price. Very odd. Makes the price slightly easier to bare.

Item(s) Subtotal: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
$ -----
Total Before Tax: $109.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
$ -----
Grand Total: $109.99

[quote name='strikeratt']I wish I could find out what my old eca code that I used on my original order then so it'd be worth me canceling[/QUOTE]

If you cancel the code goes back into your amazon account as promotional credit, so you don't need to remember it.

[quote name='Vader582']If the system lets you order 2, you should get 2 $10 credits. I think people who bought more than one ODSTs received multiple future VG credits.[/QUOTE]

2 on the same order or 2 individual orders? I noticed that for COD: MW2, it doesn't say limit 1 per household for the $10 credit like it does for all the other preorder titles.

If you add a goldbox item to your cart, and then want to edit your item down the road and add ECA codes to it (say in a few weeks) can you do it ?

[quote name='dcm1602']If you add a goldbox item to your cart, and then want to edit your item down the road and add ECA codes to it (say in a few weeks) can you do it ?[/QUOTE]

You can't go into the order status and add promotional codes. Customer service might do it, YMMV.

You guys weren't kidding!!

I canceled my existing Prestige order, and re ordered with a NEWLY generated ECA code.

It stacked up with my old one (which was used with my canceled order) and stacked with the new one from today to double my savings to $30!:bouncy:

[quote name='Morphine']Damn, PS3 version is out of stock, will have to try ECA trick when available[/QUOTE]
really ?!

is it back up for preordering?

Let me get this right. If I save my 10 percent of code from ECA and then cancel my order. I can place another order with a new ECA and the old? ECA code ???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Morphine']Damn, PS3 version is out of stock, will have to try ECA trick when available[/QUOTE]
Still available

[quote name='Juiceboxharry']does anybody knwo if amazon can get me the game ON the release date? and if so, what time does the shipment normally arrive?[/QUOTE]
well duh! amazon has that overnight thing but i dono how much it is...

Holy crap, just got a double ECA credit after canceling my current order! That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up guys, getting MW2 for $20 with release date delivery. =)

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.98
Promotion Applied: -$8.00
Promotion Applied: -$8.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $50.00
Grand Total: $19.97

how are you guys achieving this?

anybody want to exchange codes to see if it works?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadylane']how are you guys achieving this?

anybody want to exchange codes to see if it works?[/QUOTE]
Are you serious? All I did was skim the thread, barely at that, and I was able to read what everyone else said to do and it worked. Those are my directions, follow them.

Dang....I lost my old ECA coupon. Oh well...not sure how that happened. I think I refreshed it, but never added in my Amazon account.

Canceled my Force Unleashed preorder which had an old code on it. Used a new code on the PE and got $30 off. Counting the ODST and gift cards, this guy is only costing me $80. I got the 360 version so I also got a $10 credit!

To the guy asking about the NBA 2K10 $10 bonus, you get it when 2K10 ships, so you will not get the credit until the 7th at the earliest.

[quote name='WilliamG']Can anyone confirm them 50% off a game coupon is still working if we cancel a preorder to order something different?[/QUOTE]

Do what I did a few weeks ago and email them that you have a code you want to add to the purchase. They will send you an email back letting you know to send another email once your item has been purchased and they will credit you the discount. I did it with Halo odst promo code for an extra 5 bucks.

[quote name='MarkHawk']Do what I did a few weeks ago and email them that you have a code you want to add to the purchase. They will send you an email back letting you know to send another email once your item has been purchased and they will credit you the discount. I did it with Halo odst promo code for an extra 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That might be a good idea. Thank you for that... :) Still would be easier to cancel and reorder, but not till I hear from someone it still works. Terrified to lose my $75 off the PE of MW2!

The codes we got from ODST will still count for this right? I remember the email I received mentioning bought and shipped from Amazon by Oct. 31st

[quote name='newlu']Still available[/QUOTE]

it does appear to be out of stock...since the $10 video game coupon is no longer available for that version. it actually says its out of stock on the page.

oh well, hopefully they can get more so i can get my ps3 goggles ;)

How does it work if you place an order and then want to add ECA to it? I had Amazon apply an ECA code to an existing order of mine that was fully paid off with a gift certificate, and now it shows my MW:pE as costing this:

Grand Total: $-16.41

That's a strange negative number! Will I get that $16.41 back when the order ships... or what? It's not reflecting in my gift certificate balance yet. :(

[quote name='WilliamG']How does it work if you place an order and then want to add ECA to it? I had Amazon apply an ECA code to an existing order of mine that was fully paid off with a gift certificate, and now it shows my MW:pE as costing this:

Grand Total: $-16.41

That's a strange negative number! Will I get that $16.41 back when the order ships... or what? It's not reflecting in my gift certificate balance yet. :([/QUOTE]
yeah, once it ships you'll get that $16.41 back as a gift card. Thats what happend with my ODST, it was -$6.xx, and it showed up in my acct right when it shpped. Kinda sucks you have to wait for it.

this isn't quite the right thread, but it's a similar concept.

I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 via amazon and got their $5 coupon instantly. I used it on Demon's Souls, got the $5 off, and it's since shipped.

Now, I want to get Uncharted 2 through TRU during their sale, so I want to cancel the U2 pre-order.

What happens to that $5 off I already used? Does Amazon charge me? Or were they just wrong letting me use it right away?

[quote name='affa']this isn't quite the right thread, but it's a similar concept.

I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 via amazon and got their $5 coupon instantly. I used it on Demon's Souls, got the $5 off, and it's since shipped.

Now, I want to get Uncharted 2 through TRU during their sale, so I want to cancel the U2 pre-order.

What happens to that $5 off I already used? Does Amazon charge me? Or were they just wrong letting me use it right away?[/QUOTE]
wow how on earth did u get $5 off coupon before the game releases?!!

[quote name='affa']this isn't quite the right thread, but it's a similar concept.

What happens to that $5 off I already used? Does Amazon charge me? Or were they just wrong letting me use it right away?[/QUOTE]

The latter. So don't worry.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']did this ever show up in anyones quick picks/gold box?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to have ANY version of it show up in my Quick Picks. Although, they have been hit or miss lately. One day I will have games, then the next day it is random stuff. I went through all my recomendations also...so not sure where the random stuff is coming from. My two biggest game in my BOX. Heavy Rain and Halo Reach...both have been in there 3 times I think.

[quote name='Porksta']They only made one Prestige Edition for every 7 PS3s sold. So only something like 10 Prestige Editions were made.[/QUOTE]
I now you are just being a XBOT but I can't resist responding.

Your estimates are a bit on the small side....

If there was 1 WM2 PE made for every 7 PS3's, there should have been 57,143 MW2 PE's made just for the PS3 sales in September alone.

Hello guys,

I new to the forum. I was reading this thread and I am glad I did. I am getting ready to buy MW2 and I was wondering if any one would like to PM me old codes I can use to get the discounts. thank for your help.

bread's done
Back