Come celebrate my 1st Lowball with me is OVER. Totals are up!

To be honest, seeing the negativity that's coming for a guy doing his first lowball is sad. It's actually made me decide not to do a lowball.

My main fear was screwing up the shipping rates/charges. I can see myself making the same mistakes the OP has done.

PS - Money sent, PM'd address

Rexall, I doubt I will do another one. Most people have lowballs to offer fellow CAG's great deals on games. That was clearly all I was doing. I really enjoy being a part of CAG, but I do not enjoy getting threatened with this and that. I made some mistakes, corrected them and I am still being slammed over it. I'm sorry if my attitude is a little piss poor right now, but hopefully some of you can understand why.

With that being said, thanks to those of you that have paid. I will be getting everything packed and ready to ship over the next couple days.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']okay,

DudeImGodly
Duke Nukem forever $4
Xbox BULK PACKAGE $4
GT= $8+6+1+.30+.45= $15.75

That doesn't seem right.

Not trying to be a dick, but I know the shipping cost is gonna be $8 by Media Mail.
If the items together weighed 3 pounds, (Which they don't) it would only be $3.50
I have no problem paying in a way that makes sure you incur no fees.
But overpaying on shipping is something I hate doing.[/QUOTE]

You can't use media mail for video games anymore... :whistle2:#

[quote name='sdragon']You can't use media mail for video games anymore... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and if I recall correctly, USPS is willing and able to open any and all media mail packages, and if they find anything that isn't books or DVDs in said package, they charge the recipient for the additional shipping fees. I'm sure none of the people receiving packages want that to happen, especially with how badly the USPS is hurting, they might be more diligent on checking those packages.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Yeah, and if I recall correctly, USPS is willing and able to open any and all media mail packages, and if they find anything that isn't books or DVDs in said package, they charge the recipient for the additional shipping fees. I'm sure none of the people receiving packages want that to happen, especially with how badly the USPS is hurting, they might be more diligent on checking those packages.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Plus, it's MUCH slower, especially around the holidays. I thought it was stupid they made the rule in the first place though (video games are media - they are on discs...), but oh well.

Also, I don't think Krash was trying to get over on anyone, or abuse the system. Simple error. People, please try to be more forgiving. First lowball and all.

Hey krash I just checked the forum here, and whenever you get the total up for my stuff just leave the paypal cost out as I will send you an amazon payment. Just let me know when you get an approximate shipping total and I will let you know what my zip is so you can finalize the total.

[quote name='Rexall']To be honest, seeing the negativity that's coming for a guy doing his first lowball is sad. It's actually made me decide not to do a lowball.

My main fear was screwing up the shipping rates/charges. I can see myself making the same mistakes the OP has done.

PS - Money sent, PM'd address[/QUOTE]

[quote name='krashhole']Rexall, I doubt I will do another one. Most people have lowballs to offer fellow CAG's great deals on games. That was clearly all I was doing. I really enjoy being a part of CAG, but I do not enjoy getting threatened with this and that. I made some mistakes, corrected them and I am still being slammed over it. I'm sorry if my attitude is a little piss poor right now, but hopefully some of you can understand why.

With that being said, thanks to those of you that have paid. I will be getting everything packed and ready to ship over the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

Finally did my first lowball after what? A year of a preview message?

It was a tonne of fun, but a tonne of work. Hopefully everyone ends up satisfied, that's all I care about. eBay being streamlined would've been nice. But I know they're going to collectors or good gamers on here, so I'm fine with the smidge of legwork that goes into the non-streamlined-edness of it. Plus they're getting a deal and I'm not dealling with the litany of fees eBay or anything else would charge. Or getting shanked craigslist style.

Afterall, what's a few bucks among friends. I know I overcharged the crap out of DudeImGodly on shipping, but won't know how much until I make it to the post. :lol: We'll all make it right eventually.

And that's my optimistic hogwash for the day :bouncy:

[quote name='Vulgarism']Yeah, and if I recall correctly, USPS is willing and able to open any and all media mail packages, and if they find anything that isn't books or DVDs in said package, they charge the recipient for the additional shipping fees. I'm sure none of the people receiving packages want that to happen, especially with how badly the USPS is hurting, they might be more diligent on checking those packages.[/QUOTE]

Know what you and sdragon mean by this. Had that happen. Pretty obnoxious. USPS does a very very good job and are a very effective post compared to others, but they are hemorrhaging money.

gob-pennies_sm.jpg

[quote name='Tom Jane']Know what you and sdragon mean by this. Had that happen. Pretty obnoxious. USPS does a very very good job and are a very effective post compared to others, but they are hemorrhaging money.

gob-pennies_sm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is getting political, but it that has to do with congress.

So SPOILER FUN TIME

The first problem is that the Postal Service has overpaid into its pension fund
between $55 and $75 billion, yet is forced to continue to pay billions of dollars per
year into the pension fund, even though the fund is fully (actually over) funded.
These are not dollars that come from United States taxpayers, but dollars that come
from postal ratepayers, and which were given to the Postal Service as payment for
postal services.

The second problem is that the 2006 postal reform law forced the Postal Service
to prefund its retiree health benefits in a 10 year time frame instead of a 40 year
time frame, thus unnecessarily adding billion of dollars per year to its annual
operating cost.

http://www.postmasters.org/legislation/papers/Talking Points Pension retiree benefits0311Final.pdf

http://my.firedoglake.com/mmonk/201...nging-down-the-american-postal-workers-union/

Hey just a reminder that you still haven't sent me an invoice. I did send a PM with the address a couple days ago. I know you are probably busy, but I figured I should just try and see what the deal is.

There are a few of you left that need to pay for your items. Please do this by tomorrow evening so I can get this stuff out by Saturday.

bread's done
Back