Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Choking "bitches" ain't cool bro.[/quote]

neither is batting .143 with 4 k's in the playoffs :whistle2:#

If you buy $150 worth of used crap, you get one for free.

Just saying.

Seriously, I'm done working at Gamestop and now I'm free to say it for the world to hear.

THEY ARE AN EVIL, BLOODTHIRSTY CORPERATION THAT HATES YOU ALL AND WANTS YOUR CHILDREN TO DIE CHOKING ON GAMESTOP'S CHEAPLY MADE GENERIC CONTROLS AND DOHICKEYS! THEY'RE IN LEAGUE WITH SATAN! EVERYONE RUN!

Seriously, they're assholes. I could only take so many "Get more subscriptions (Edge Cards) or you're fired... get more reservations or you're fired" threats before I said fuck it. If I wasn't good friends with the manager (and those orders come from district) I would cancel all my reservations, 13 in total, just to destroy my store's numbers out of spite for my DM.

Personally, this isn't worth it to me. If I'm going to pay 54.99 for used "new" games, I'll just buy a brand new one

Most of the games I want, I find cheaper on Ebay anyway

[quote name='monkeydeew']were you guys being cereal i dropped my postcard in the mail today with a 2$ check[/QUOTE]I was messing w/ Dibol13. Why would I take the time and fake a photograph? I really, really got an Edge card for $2.

I remember years ago when you could get an edge card for $5, this was before the eb/gs merge.

Looks like you can get it for $2, might hop on this but then again, I get better deals from gamefly.

i am right it doesnt work

it was ten months about 6 years ago its been a year for about 5 years now!!!

Mailed mine today I wonder what they are going to think when they open a pile of mail and it's all $2 checks for Edge cards since alot of us are all sending them about the same time. LOL :D

ya they will most likly send it back (lol)

or just keep it

2 dollors adds up after a while

2 x 3000= 6000!!!

If you go to http://www.gameinformer.com/subscribe.htm you can get this same $2 deal as a printable PDF, however, that deal calls it a "GameStop value card", whatever that is. I'm not sure if I should mail in that form, or the one posted here since it says "Edge Card". Here's a direct link to the printable PDF:

http://www.gameinformer.com/images/Corp/PDFs/subcard.pdf

EDIT: One thing I note on that coupon is that it says only that it is good for 10% off used merchandise. It doesn't say anything about 10% more trade-in value. Myself, I don't really care that much about trade-in value as I'd rather sell my old stuff on ebay and get more money for it anyway.

I just called the order phone number on the postcard to see if I could do it using a credit card and the guy told me that the $2 thing is simply an additional thing onto the 1 or 2 year subscription and not something separate. I'm still probably going to print the thing out and send it in because the checkboxes on the card could read as distinct offers to me.

[quote name='monkeydeew']is dibol credible at all or are you guys receiving your edge cards and he is just talking crap?[/QUOTE]He's talking crap. This deal is YMMV, obviously, but I got a valid card for $2, and cranguy probably will this week, too. c'mon, its $2, worth a shot!

(If it isn't obvious, dibol is making an ass out of himself.)

CONFIRMATION #2:

Also, here is a tip for the true CheapAss:

You can save 41 cents on postage if you print out the front part of the form (with free business postage) and tape it to the front of your envelope. In my case, I used a second insert card out of an old issue of Game Informer:

Also, if you prefer, here is a PDF of the subscription card from GI's website:
http://www.gameinformer.com/images/Corp/PDFs/subcard.pdf
(edit: also found by KrAzY3)

Good luck to all those who try to get in on this. I specifically wanted to get in early just in case they stop honoring this. Report your results if you try!

I sent mine in, opting to send in the version posted here intead of from the web site since the one here says "Edge Card". Yes, I pasted the Business Reply Mail label on the outside of my envelope (how could any true CAG do otherwise?) However, I note that cranguy, at least, seems to have had, at least at one time and perhaps currently, a subscription to Game Informer? Is that true? If so then that might still be a requirement. We'll find out as I don't have, nor have I ever had, a subscription to Game Informer. I'll post if I ever see anything.

so what if u only get the card for 2 dollors

ud get a mag. for $1 a month which is a good deal

GI sells for 2.99 by itself so y not just go to the store and get the whole deal for 14.99??

im sorry for the other posts i had a gad source and i was wrong

but the post before this is a good arguement!

[quote name='Dibol13']so what if u only get the card for 2 dollors

ud get a mag. for $1 a month which is a good deal

GI sells for 2.99 by itself so y not just go to the store and get the whole deal for 14.99??[/QUOTE]

B/c some of us would rather save the extra $13 and put it towards a game (or lunch) rather than wasting it on a lame publication featuring outdated information (at least the vast majority of the tme).

[quote name='spinksjinx']Whats an EDGE card?[/QUOTE]

10% of used games/accessories (not systems), extra 10% on your trade-ins, both for the period of one year.

gi sucks super monkey balls. its gs owned and basically is used to tell you what to preorder and then to trade that game in by saying the game sucks. they used to have coupons but in this year they have only had a 'bonus 10%' which was totally lame. gi sucks, edge card for 2 bones is awesome

I remeber the days where the subscription was 10 magazines for $10 and you got this free with it. There was better days, anyways this is nothing new and you can get better deals with Aff25 and such.

Can someone please upload the pdf to another website?
(I'm at work, and they blocked GameInformer so I can't see the pdf)
Thank you much!

[quote name='crunchewy']However, I note that cranguy, at least, seems to have had, at least at one time and perhaps currently, a subscription to Game Informer? Is that true? If so then that might still be a requirement. [/quote]Yes, I am at the end of my subscription. I just got my last issue today.

The new card has a different account number from my old one. I don't know if they even made the connection that I was a current subscriber.

I mailed my $2 in last week and look at my bank account and they did deposit the $2....... I'll keep you all posted on when/if I get the card

[quote name='HuBu']has one tried calling in and getting it with the $2?[/QUOTE]Please don't do that and ruin everyone else's chance of getting one.

Just cashed my check yesterday, hopefully the edge card will be here by November 13 so I can trade in a ton of crap I have and pay for Galaxy with little out of pocket.

[quote name='chakan']Please don't do that and ruin everyone else's chance of getting one.[/quote]Are you serious? Calling isn't going to change anyone's chances of anything. They'll either process it all or they won't.

If I already have a card but its going to expire in a few weeks can I still order a card now? or will it not work since mine is still valid in there system?

Also,did anyone notice that at the bottom of the form it says card can be used for 10months ? I thought it was 12? If it really is only 10 than mine should have stopped workking around sept. yet it still works.

IT WORKED!!!! I just got my EDGE card in today.......... man, this is awesome!!!! and it only took about 2 weeks.

Gamespot, here I come!!!!

[quote name='bostonfrontier']IT WORKED!!!! I just got my EDGE card in today.......... man, this is awesome!!!! and it only took about 2 weeks.

Gamespot, here I come!!!![/quote]

dtoid 4 life!

bread's done
Back