Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

My check was cashed! Yeah! I sent in the scanned version of the form, not the official one from the web page, and I don't have a Game Informer subscription, nor have I ever. Can't wait for the card to arrive. Hopefully before the 11th so I can trade in pairs of 360 games with the extra $10 deal plus now with an extra 10%, and take advantage of the 25% (35% with edge) off 3 used titles coupon.

EDIT: also didn't pay for a stamp - pasted the business reply mail thing to the front of the envelope. :)

So what's the turn-around time after they cash the check? Mine was cashed a few days ago and I'm just wondering whether it'll come before the 25% off used coupon expires on the 8th.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So what's the turn-around time after they cash the check? Mine was cashed a few days ago and I'm just wondering whether it'll come before the 25% off used coupon expires on the 8th.[/quote]

Looks like it only took a few days for bostonfrontier (who's presumably in Boston), unless his check was actually cashed before the 31st. I'm hopeful, but keeping my fingers crossed.

[quote name='crunchewy']Looks like it only took a few days for bostonfrontier (who's presumably in Boston), unless his check was actually cashed before the 31st. I'm hopeful, but keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

My check was cashed on the 30th of october and I got my card on Nov 1st

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, insane turn around time! My card just came today after being cashed on the 31st. Thanks OP, this was a great find :)[/quote]

glad to help everyone

Thanks OP, you rock!!!

It took GS about a week to cash my $2 check, but once it was cashed, the Edge card arrived the next day.

[quote name='monkeydeew']glad to help everyone[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised this thread hasn't received more attention--grabbing an Edge card for $2 is almost a no-brainer for any frequent game buyer/trader. It reminds me of my "$5 off no minimum" BB thread... no real attention until people realized you could use it to get free stuff, and then the thread was active here for almost a year.

Wow, I already got my Edge card today (Nov 2nd), it was sent on Oct 30th, and I sent in the form on the 25th, so it only took a week to get it! Thanks OP!

I can add another confirmation. My check was cashed yesterday and the card arrived today. Fantastic! Thanks OP!

It's also worth noting that in spite of the web site form saying that the card lasts only 10 months, my card has expiration of Nov 2008, a full year.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm really surprised this thread hasn't received more attention--grabbing an Edge card for $2 is almost a no-brainer for any frequent game buyer/trader. It reminds me of my "$5 off no minimum" BB thread... no real attention until people realized you could use it to get free stuff, and then the thread was active here for almost a year.[/QUOTE]

I just received mine in the mail today after a two week turnaround process. My guess is that most people either a) still have an active card or b) don't think that this will work. Although I have to think that its b) because $2 w/ no tax is a steal and at the very least would be a nice gift to a parent that has to buy games during the next month and a half.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']If this works, than I don't understand why they just don't do this in store as well.[/quote]

Outside of people like us on CAG, I don't think many people know about this. Gamestop wants to make their 15 bucks or whatever rather than only 2 bucks.

Got my card in the mail today after sending it in on 10/22 (about 2 weeks). Thanks OP!
[quote name='crunchewy']It's also worth noting that in spite of the web site form saying that the card lasts only 10 months, my card has expiration of Nov 2008, a full year.[/QUOTE]
Mine showed this as well, to my pleasant surprise.

I've never had an edge card, but are these ones coming with your name on it? Or do you just write your name on the back of it or something? Anyway, thanks OP, gonna try and see if it works for me.

Got mine yesterday now I can give my friend his card back. :D

They don't have your name on them just an account # and an expiration date and etc on a lil sticker on the back. Will look up the date my check was cashed and post that shortly for the other person who asked.

Edit:Mailed my check on the 22nd. I already threw out the trash so I don't know when it was postmarked but looks lik they made it on the 30th. Check posted to my account on the 31st.
My sticker says:
10/30/2007 Game Informer HQ
Game Informer Subscription
Barcode
account #
Valid Thru:1108

My friends barcode says:
Buncha numbers
Edge Discount T1
Account #
Valid thru date

got my 2 dollar edge card thanks op, it will already pay for itself when i use it with the 25% coupon ill have kotor crimson skies and doa ultimate for 15 bucks

i'm glad to see you guys all getting your cards thats good news. i'm assuming you guys have all used it by now and confirmed its not a 2$ gift card right ???

Yeah I used it the other day when I traded in a few games, the worker thought it looked funny and asked me if GI sent to to me. Still worked no problem and it already paid for itself. Thanks op.

so i only pay $2 for the edge card? isnt there a month renewal or something?

also did u guys use a check or ur CC #? what do u think is safer?

how does the edge card work? sorry never go to gamestop..

and how do u mail it with a check... lol do i just put it in a regular envelope?

someone please PM me with help..!

I haven't used mine yet, but will do so this weekend, or maybe tonight - last chance for 25% off (35% off with edge) 3 used games coupon.

[quote name='Furashu']so i only pay $2 for the edge card? isnt there a month renewal or something?

also did u guys use a check or ur CC #? what do u think is safer?

how does the edge card work? sorry never go to gamestop..

and how do u mail it with a check... lol do i just put it in a regular envelope?

someone please PM me with help..![/quote]

I put the magazine instert into an envelope with a check for $2, I got it back in about a week, and it is a year of 10% off. The only problem is it looks a little differnent from the one Gamestop gives out (The sticker is a tiny bit different) but the code should still work.

[quote name='ep2011']it is a year of 10% off.[/quote]

Of used games, that is. Also, you get 10% bonus trade-in credit. Basically, if you buy used or trade in a combination of $20, this pays for itself and anything beyond that is just extra, compared to the $150 you'd have to buy used/trade in if you buy the card for $15. As has already been said, it's a no brainer if you shop at Gamestop even a little bit.

[quote name='Rocko']Of used games, that is. Also, you get 10% bonus trade-in credit. Basically, if you buy used or trade in a combination of $20, this pays for itself and anything beyond that is just extra, compared to the $150 you'd have to buy used/trade in if you buy the card for $15. As has already been said, it's a no brainer if you shop at Gamestop even a little bit.[/quote]

the best perk might be you dont have to listen to their annoying sales pitch everytime trying to get you to sign up

I just found the actual insert in an old issue of GI... my card expires in March but I think I'll still throw it in the mail with a $2 check and hope for the best.

I've been a subscriber to GI for 5 years now. I think it's the best VG magazine on the market. At least it has it's own personality instead of just a puff piece for certain systems and companies.

This is ultra lame. Everyone is getting theirs within a week, and I sent it in 3 weeks ago. How depressing.

[quote name='io']Mine isn't up till April. I suppose I could just get another one now anyway...[/quote]

Don't do it IO, I renewed mine in October of 06 instead of waiting till December of 06 and the douchebags shorted me two months. I didn't notice it till they reprinted my sticker at another GS due to the magically disappearing ink they always use on the original getting to the point that the scanners couldn't read it.

I tried mentioning it a couple times after I noticed it(2 weeks after I renewed last year), but they just looked at me, shrugged their shoulders and were like 'oh well'.

So, for me to get this pos card for $2 instead of the $15 it usually costs would be a godsend for whenever I may find myself in a GS store in the next year.

About the only thing I'm waiting and hoping for a further drop is the Adventures Of Darwin game for PS2. It's already dropped $5 to $14.99, so maybe if I wait another 3-6 months ,it'll drop to $10. But, those are the new prices, not used, so I wouldn't get squat off with the card. Otherwise, I may just splurge on some cheapass used games from their $10 and under bins to use the card a bit.

Thanks monkeydeew. Got my card a few days ago and used it today with the b2g1 deal. More people need to get in on this.

Why isn't this topic stickied? I wasted $15 about two weeks ago. This is a great deal and anyone who doesn't use it, yet has a GS/EB available, is pretty dumb. And this topic should be stickied so others don't miss out on it like me. No CAG should skip this deal.

So all I have to do is print out the form and check that I want only the discount card (then mail it of course)...and that's it? If so I'm all over this. Thanks OP.

[quote name='NovaKane']So all I have to do is print out the form and check that I want only the discount card (then mail it of course)...and that's it? If so I'm all over this. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Yep.

bread's done
Back