Connecticut Deal Discussion

There are no deals in the Nutmeg State -- we all shop online! LOL!

Seriously, I have not found anything in CT that is not nationally advertised as well.

Walmart usually has its bargin bins and I was able to go to Target in Trumbull and get a $99 DS after printing out the foobar on thier web site.

Although, I know people who were able to walk into various Strawberries record shops around the state and pick up a Xbox 360 with no fuss no lines and no troubles.

The only other good thing game wise that has happened to me in CT is that I had trouble with my cable box and some repair dude from Charter Cable came by and replaced the box and saw that I had an Xbox. After we talked and found out we were both gamers, he tweaked my cable connection and I can FINALLY get the speed I have been paying for all this time. Not that I ever had problems with Charter, but this was way cool!

I should check in to this topic even though i don't post messages unless it is a deal that i find. When the fye made a new game store in Waterbury, i posted that the record store had most games for 40% off. If i see any more CT deals, I will post here. And Naugatuck does suck. I have been here most of my life and i am suprised that i have only two arms.

vernon/rockville and then new britain when im at school..

the main places around here are all in manchester, and they are usually vacant of anything gamecube. tons of 10 dollar ps2 and xbox games at the gamestop and eb games at the buckland hills mall though.

http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/SBCcoupon_0331.htm

FREE 12 Oz. Seattle's Best Beverage (Milford, CT; CT post mall Borders store grand opening - they are located near target, dicks sporting goods, and the theater in the new section of the mall)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One coupon per customer. May not be combined with other coupons or discounts. Original coupon must be redeemed at time of purchase. Void where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value .01¢. Not redeemable for cash. Valid only in our Milford, CT, Borders store 3/31–4/14/06.

Hey y'all, Shelton here. I was wondering if anybody checked out the KMart in Milford. I was looking through the clearance list on the main board, and a couple of games stuck out:

:gc: Baten Kaitos
:gc: Custom Robo
:gc: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
:gba: Boktai
:gba: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
:gba: Mario Golf Advance Tour
:gba: Metroid Zero Mission
:gba: Sword of Mana

Anybody been in there recently that could tell me if they had any of those games, or even just a good selection of games, for the clearance prices? Trying to figure out if it's worth it to drive up there. Thanks a lot for any responses.

This is probably nation wide, YMMV, but I was at CVS in New Britain and they had Dark Cloud 2 for $8.xx and a few other junk titles in a small bin near the register. I'm sure other CVS' have these titles as well.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too many gamers here in CT in the loop. Anyone here planning on getting a PS3? I've got a pre-order at Gamestop in Waterbury, so I'm all set.

[quote name='spmahn']Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too many gamers here in CT in the loop. Anyone here planning on getting a PS3? I've got a pre-order at Gamestop in Waterbury, so I'm all set.[/quote]

Nope, not me. I was never an early adapter to the Playstation line, I always wait for a couple price drops before I get one. The only thing that I'm think I'm going to get is the Wii. I'm taking the trivial approach and just picking one up when I can just walk into a store and they are sitting there. With the demand so high (or thats what we're supposed to think) and a questionable supply, who knows when that will happen.

I'm from Bristol. The best I've been able to get deal-wise is from the Sears clearance items. CT doesn't usually have the best deals as I've found.

I do plan on getting the PS3 though, first on the list for the 60GB model and eighth on the list for the Wii at my local GameStop.

I'm from Danielson... it's in the Northeast in the middle of fairly nowhere, near Rhode Island and Mass... decent drive to some deals there, only about 1/2 an hour to Circuit City in Rhode Island...

On that note, best deals for me were Sears items as well, or just online deals... B&M is pretty scarce around here.

And about PS3's... a friend of mine ordered (according to him... I'll believe it when I see it, but he's pretty crazy... and money grubbing) 10 PS3's... he plans on selling enough to make a decent profit, either to people he knows or on eBay... and keeping one or two. Just thought I'd mention that if stock is scarce and he happens to feel generous enough to want to sell to a fine Cheapassgamer (again, this is if he actually ends up getting them... I'm weary to believe anything, but I just feel like mentioning it)... Anyway, yeah... I should tell him to join this site... He's the cheapest guy I know.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I'm from Danielson... it's in the Northeast in the middle of fairly nowhere, near Rhode Island and Mass... decent drive to some deals there, only about 1/2 an hour to Circuit City in Rhode Island...

On that note, best deals for me were Sears items as well, or just online deals... B&M is pretty scarce around here.

And about PS3's... a friend of mine ordered (according to him... I'll believe it when I see it, but he's pretty crazy... and money grubbing) 10 PS3's... he plans on selling enough to make a decent profit, either to people he knows or on eBay... and keeping one or two. Just thought I'd mention that if stock is scarce and he happens to feel generous enough to want to sell to a fine Cheapassgamer (again, this is if he actually ends up getting them... I'm weary to believe anything, but I just feel like mentioning it)... Anyway, yeah... I should tell him to join this site... He's the cheapest guy I know.[/quote]

Please don't... we don't want someone who is going to whorde on deals :(

Trumbull, Ct checking in.

CT is a small state -- probably the right amount of people here for the size of the state.

I'd like to try and find a Wii but I have pretty much given up until Spring/Summer

Found out that they are opening a new Texas Roadhouse steakhouse nearby, in addition to all of the improvements near the milford mall. Moe's is pretty interesting; just opened this past week and I had never been to one before. Kind of like an upscale taco bell crossed with a subway. Unfortuantely, no $3 margaritas at this one (posted on a review of another branch of the franchise).

The company where I work is closing their site and kicking us out by the end of january, and I will need to leave the state to get another job.

I have not seen any wii's or ps3's anywhere when I was in target or best buy looking for memory sticks, but the games seem to be more readily available. A coworker said that he got a wii for his son at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago without a preorder, but it is going to be a crapshoot for awhile.

Oh man, I didn't know about Moe's til I went to MA for college. I might have to check that next week when I come home...

[quote name='daria19']Found out that they are opening a new Texas Roadhouse steakhouse nearby, in addition to all of the improvements near the milford mall. Moe's is pretty interesting; just opened this past week and I had never been to one before. Kind of like an upscale taco bell crossed with a subway. Unfortuantely, no $3 margaritas at this one (posted on a review of another branch of the franchise).

The company where I work is closing their site and kicking us out by the end of january, and I will need to leave the state to get another job.

I have not seen any wii's or ps3's anywhere when I was in target or best buy looking for memory sticks, but the games seem to be more readily available. A coworker said that he got a wii for his son at Toys R Us a couple of weeks ago without a preorder, but it is going to be a crapshoot for awhile.[/QUOTE]

is that in west haven? i live two seconds from there

Danbury Ct. here, I waited at target for my Wii and even though that wasn't a deal it was however a hell of an experience.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I'm from Danielson... it's in the Northeast in the middle of fairly nowhere, near Rhode Island and Mass... decent drive to some deals there, only about 1/2 an hour to Circuit City in Rhode Island...

And about PS3's... a friend of mine ordered (according to him... I'll believe it when I see it, but he's pretty crazy... and money grubbing) 10 PS3's... he plans on selling enough to make a decent profit, either to people he knows or on eBay... and keeping one or two. Just thought I'd mention that if stock is scarce and he happens to feel generous enough to want to sell to a fine Cheapassgamer (again, this is if he actually ends up getting them... I'm weary to believe anything, but I just feel like mentioning it)... Anyway, yeah... I should tell him to join this site... He's the cheapest guy I know.[/quote]

Killingly CT here ... Danielson basically bums off our stuff though :) Finally found out ur CAG name man, now I can send constant PM's to you!

Cya this weekend more than likely.

Someone in one of my classes said that he got his wii at best buy in newington, and that they only had a line of like 14 people when the store opened, and they got 40 units :eek:

Quite believable since i got my ps3 preorder in new britain and was 6th in line 1 hour before open

Yeah, two years later and CT still sucks for video game deals. I have a hard enough time getting CC to honor their own deals. Best Buy in West Hartford is usually pretty good on their price match policy though.

[quote name='varsitygamer']the best CT deal right now is driving over the border to capitalize on Mass's tax free weekend.[/quote]

huh?

I'm from guilford (near New Haven) and have gotten some pretty great deals. Buy one get one one on points cards at CC comes to mind as does a $10 copy of Prey CE and Tomb Raider Legend (360).

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']huh?

I'm from guilford (near New Haven) and have gotten some pretty great deals. Buy one get one one on points cards at CC comes to mind as does a $10 copy of Prey CE and Tomb Raider Legend (360).[/QUOTE]

Where'd the Prey and Tomb Raider deals happen? Are they still going on?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I'm from guilford (near New Haven) and have gotten some pretty great deals. Buy one get one one on points cards at CC comes to mind as does a $10 copy of Prey CE and Tomb Raider Legend (360).[/QUOTE]

The BOGO 360 points cards was not CT exclusive... that was a national deal. I can't comment on the Prey CE/Tomb Raider Legend deals since I don't follow 360 deals (yet! getting one soon).

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I'm from guilford (near New Haven) [/quote] wtf, I'm from Guilford, too. We should trade, haha.

Damn, all these CAG's from CT. No wonder I can never snag a deal. You guys all eat them up before I get to them. Hamden here. The North Haven CC guys were holding all the MP cards behind the counter so their employees could snag the deal after the store closed. They would not let me buy them saying I had to buy a system if I wanted to get a card deal. Manager was not much help either. Ah well, good thing i did not need the cards, but would have been nice.:bomb:

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Wow @ this old topic.

Two years later, now I'm at CCSU.[/QUOTE]

....2 years later and I'm still at CCSU! haha senior though so lookin to finish it off. We might run into each other on campus sometime.

[quote name='varsitygamer']the best CT deal right now is driving over the border to capitalize on Mass's tax free weekend.[/QUOTE]

Just got home from Mass, worked at the Best Buy Holyoke Sat and Sun for tax free weekend, it was pretty wild.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Yeah, two years later and CT still sucks for video game deals. I have a hard enough time getting CC to honor their own deals. Best Buy in West Hartford is usually pretty good on their price match policy though.[/QUOTE]

I work over at Best Buy in newington, pretty close by :eek:

FYE at the Meriden Mall has 30% off all new games and accessories. 10% off hardware. Wii products were excluded from the sale. I didn't see anything of interest however.

[quote name='jumbo11']anyone know which stores in the state still got PS1/N64 games?

Anything close to Enfield.[/quote]
Not very close to Enfield, but the stores in Old Saybrook has a LOT of PS1 games left. Then one store in Waterford (at Cross Road) has some PS1/N64 stuff, and the EBX in the Crystal Mall, also in Waterford.

[quote name='garfep']Not very close to Enfield, but the stores in Old Saybrook has a LOT of PS1 games left.[/quote]

Nothing but crappy PS1 games in Old Saybrook. Not bad for 75% off but still. I got hot shots golf and the syphon filter games...

Coming to CT for thanksgiving, any deals in the Manchester are? Any Gamestops have any PSOne/N64 games that aren't sprots? Any good pawnshops in the area that dont require me to go to the inner city of Hartford?

Thanks for not cleaning out the mispriced clearance games at the Trumbull Circuit City while I've been living in Georgia, was able to pick up an Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (they still had 2 more), and a couple of Karaoke Revolution (country and American Idol) for 16.96 each. I also saw one Star Ocean left and a Yakuza. All ps2s.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Yeah, two years later and CT still sucks for video game deals. I have a hard enough time getting CC to honor their own deals. Best Buy in West Hartford is usually pretty good on their price match policy though.[/quote]

(sorry for the double post just saw this) well then great for me im going there with 250 bucks from x-mas in about 2-4 hours

The GameStop in Hamden, CT has some N64/PSone games too. I bought Banjo-Tooie there a few months back, and haven't looked through them much since, so it might just be old sports games (Madden 2000, etc.), but it's a heads up.

Branford here (in between New Haven and Guilford). As for N64 and PS1 games, I remember a GameStop in the Danbury mall having some a few months ago. Lousy selection though.

[quote name='Weedy649']....2 years later and I'm still at CCSU! haha senior though so lookin to finish it off. We might run into each other on campus sometime.

Just got home from Mass, worked at the Best Buy Holyoke Sat and Sun for tax free weekend, it was pretty wild.

I work over at Best Buy in newington, pretty close by :eek:[/quote]

Word I'm at CCSU aswell

bread's done
Back