Connecticut Deal Discussion

[quote name='SilentSinr']Anyone know of any good deals at Connecticut Circuit Citys?
I am from Bethany, its near Woodbridge and Orange[/quote]

I've been staying far away from the Circuit City liquidation "sale" since I haven't heard anything good about it. If I hear something I'll post it on here.....I forgot about this thread lol.

[quote name='bigl523']I've been to the North Haven and Meriden CC's and there wasn't anything worth picking up.[/quote]

kk good to know, because i drove by North Haven CC the other day and was tempted to stop but didn't because of the crowd in the parking lot

The Norwalk one doesn't have anything worth picking up yet. Pretty much all of the TVs are gone, that's about all there is worth knowing.

Reporting over here in Winsted.

Yes. Winsted. *sigh*

Anywho, anyone check out the Torrington Circuit City? Since there's not much in the way of hardcore fans out here, they still have a sizeable collection of 360 and DS titles. Managed to get Crono Trigger for 40% off...just couldn't hold out for 50%. They might still have about four copies of Dragon Quest IV, FWIW.

Is there anything left in the Newington CC or is it pretty much gutted....cameras or LCD/Plasma flatscreens...???

If anyone was wondering, the Trumbull CC is really bad. Don't bother. All they have left is a few guitar hero 3 bundles.

[quote name='hockeystealth13']If anyone was wondering, the Trumbull CC is really bad. Don't bother. All they have left is a few guitar hero 3 bundles.[/quote]

yea same with the one in Milford
i was there last week, and the store was really bare

[quote name='HeadRusch']Is there anything left in the Newington CC or is it pretty much gutted....cameras or LCD/Plasma flatscreens...???[/quote]

nah, I called there about 2 weeks ago. They said you count the videogames they had left on two hands.

[quote name='Mafia']Meriden, aka the shithole of the state.[/QUOTE]

My ol' stompin' grounds. Definitely has gone downhill.

Reppin' Middletown & Durham!

I work in Hamden.

My PSN ID is: def_PD
360 Gamertag is: def PD
Can't remember my Wii friend code. lol

Phew! After reading this thread I a) miss CC and their crazy bargain bin deals and b) noticed a lot of bport & dirtay water heads here, must mean there's a lot of MvC2 & SF tourney heads.

Anyone know the Ongs (from MA), Ty (Vernon/Manchester, Jin, Rich, Ron (Meriden), or Jose (Waterbury)?

[quote name='def PD']Phew! After reading this thread I a) miss CC and their crazy bargain bin deals and b) noticed a lot of bport & dirtay water heads here, must mean there's a lot of MvC2 & SF tourney heads.

Anyone know the Ongs (from MA), Ty (Vernon/Manchester, Jin, Rich, Ron (Meriden), or Jose (Waterbury)?[/QUOTE]

I know Jin. He's a great guy.

The less CAGers there are in CT, the more deals there are for the rest of us!

At least it's relativity quick to get to anywhere in state; makes deal hunting much easier.

Connecticut is a shithole of a state in general. Man, I can't wait til I move out of this dump. The recent McDonald's commercial on the radio where they refer to CT as "New Yorkachusetts" is pretty much spot on.

[quote name='lolwut?']The less CAGers there are in CT, the more deals there are for the rest of us!

At least it's relativity quick to get to anywhere in state; makes deal hunting much easier.[/QUOTE]

True that.

Anyone find out if any of the Game Crazy's in CT are closing?? I'm itching for a deal.

[quote name='def PD']True that.

Anyone find out if any of the Game Crazy's in CT are closing?? I'm itching for a deal.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the one in Southington is staying open.

[quote name='def PD']True that.

Anyone find out if any of the Game Crazy's in CT are closing?? I'm itching for a deal.[/QUOTE]
Not in CT but around there
Massachusetts

625 BOSTON RD, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01119
1365 LIBERTY ST, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104

Well I figured I'd ask in here because it would be something good to do locally.

I'm sure there are some people that need a certain instrument (or maybe even a copy of the game) for Rock Band. With prices of the full band set for RB2 falling, I've been trying to find people that need something besides the guitar, in hopes that we could all pitch in to buy a bundle and get what we want out of it for a relatively cheap price.

If there's anyone in the greater Hartford area that is in need of a set of drums, the game Rock Band 2, or even the mic, shoot me a PM and maybe we can do a group buy sort of thing.

Newbury Comics at the Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester has a bunch of used 360 and ps3 games that recently came out for way cheaper prices than Gamestop used prices. ex. Forza 3 for 29.99 used. Prices ranges from 19.99 to 34.99 for the games that came out not even 3 month old.

Any fellow CT heads going to PAX in Boston and want to try and either caravan or carpool up there? I'm going with at least 4 other people and we may try and rent a van.

Also, anyone interested in buying a new copy (sealed) of Bayonetta for the PS3 off me for $55? I got the climax edition w/the SF gun imported so I don't need another copy.

South wind sore
5.gif

[quote name='Shadows916']meriden here :)[/QUOTE]

Meriden's my old stompin' ground. I live up in Middletown now.
You on the east or west side?

[quote name='goodbyetonight']This thread seems dead but...Waterbury area here.[/QUOTE]

same. no real deals 'round these parts...

K-Mart in Vernon has the Wii and 360 Rock Band 3 game w/Keyboard bundles on clearance for $60.

Also has inFamous 2 Hero Editions on clearance for $60.

Moved from New Britain to Manchester sometime last year.
Let me say that the deals here in CT sucks, except the Target clearance.

I've been to every TRU during those blowout sales, like Saints Row 3 $10 for PS3 and I never once saw a good deal.

Target Clearance I've found good deals, namingly SFXTekken SE for $26, years ago bout PGR4 for $1.xx and a few other gems. Seems like people don't check Target clearance much around here.

Sears I even got PaRappa in Meriden for 97 cents years ago. That's another good place to check.

Just posting in this dead thread...

Necroposting......very nice. Moved out from Hard Hittin New Britain eh? CT is dead for deals because most of the B&M stores are history. And you're right, nobody checks Target clearance because its very random, TRU makes a huge announcement of their sales and before you even get to the store the stockboys have piled up the best stuff or gotten their friends involved and are throwing that stuff up on ebay.....you're always up against that wall. The thing is having to go to the Sears and the Targets and even other "really?" stores like, say, Ocean State Job Lot or whatever...who knows what you'll find.....discounted games....cheap dangerous tools......toothpaste from India....etc.....

bread's done
Back