Contest (CAG Foreplay #44): Win an NES with 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be an old school gamer if you put your game cartridges in the freezer for 10 minutes to get them to work.

[quote name='massermind19']You might be an old school gamer if ROB Robot sits in your room and watches you sleep at night. GYROMITE![/quote]

Hey mine does that too! mine is broken though. :cry: oh wait, they never really worked :lol:.

You Might be a old school gamer if you had baseball cards next to your nes because the cartridges needed pushed down a little more

You might be an old school gamer if you still play Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle on your Colecovision, and also wonder why the controller looks like a telephone.

you might be an old school gamer if your father breaks 2 controllers playing Dr. mario and yells "mother fuck ing cheating piece of fuck". True story

You might be an old school gamer if you were in high school when the NES came out. Then again you might just be old...like me.

You might be an old school gamer if you've ever told your nephews nostalgic stories about the game days of yore.

[quote name='MikeydCT']you might be an old school gamer if your father breaks 2 controllers playing Dr. mario and yells "mother fuck ing cheating piece of fuck". True story[/quote]
hahahah that actually made me lol'ed.

You might be an old school gamer if you've played a game straight for 10+ hours because the game lacks saves, gotten to the final boss only to have the game freeze, and the blew on your cartridge and started again (and again, and again, and again...)

You might be an Old School Gamer if... Your Mother gave away your old consoles and games and you had to re-buy them for a premium amount of money.

You might be an old school gamer if you've ever used the term "rad" as an adjective in normal speech.

You might be an old school gamer if a flashing red light only means you need to blow and reposition your cartridge and not that you had to send in your system in for repair.

You might be an old school gamer if you brag about how many levels you beat and not how many hours it took to finish a game.

You might be an old school gamer if you played a game for the game and not for the story.

You might be an old school gamer if you ever had to put something like a folded paper in between the console and the cartridge so the game does not freeze

You might be an old school gamer if you miss the portability of memory cards (or game save on cartridges).

You might be an old school gamer if you stuff pencil erasers in the side of your controllers to still be able to play Tron.

(Anyone else have to do this for the Intellivision?)

You might be a old school gamer when the screw in part for you RC adapter broke on your NES, you just pushed in the coper part and wraped the silver wires around the male adapter on the back of the tv. "You kno you ghetto!"

Or you tried to beat the level 1-1 on Mario laying upside down over your couch.

Or while playing Rad Racer with the 3D glasses of course (yall know they didn't work) you would turn the controller like you were really steering the car.

Or if you memorized these 2 code:
Contra
up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,(select,start for two players)
MT's Punchout
007 373 5963

I know I did 4 but it made me feel young again!

You might be an old school gamer if you actually know why people blew those NES cartridges to make them work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back