Contest (CAG Foreplay #44): Win an NES with 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be an old school gamer if you seriously thought Ronald Reagan was kidnapped by Ninjas because some Bad Dude told you he was.

You might be an old school gamer if you went to see the Wizard in the theater just to see Super Mario Bros. 3 in action.

...if your 6 year old niece comes over and wants to play games so you instantly pull out the NES carts and ask her which ones she wants to play all the while shes saying she wants to play wii sports.

You might be an old school games if you have teeth full of fillings due to eating too much Ralston cereal..
Fruity! Berry!

If you refer to the Dragon Warrior series and everyone gives you blank looks.(I refuse to call it dragon quest)

You might be an old school gamer if...... you have a game thats unplayable because your mother threw away the paperwork that came with it and no longer have the code/password/map to type in so the game will not let you progress, sigh (use knife......you have no knife)

You might be an old school gamer if you have an elementary school box that's been holding your instruction manuals for almost 20 years.

You might be an old school gamer if you (like me) still have the paper notebook that you used to keep track of all your high scores in the days before battery-backup.

You might be an OLD school gamer if you slept through you first three classes because you were up all night playing Moria on the school's server.

Alternatively: You might be an old school gamer if you were blown away by the graphics in Asteriods on the 2600.

Note: That 2600 is still my only console.

You might be an old school gamer if you ponder for hours on why you're an old school gamer. You may also be in need of medication.

You might be an old school gamer if you troll the aisles at the thrift store looking for NES carts. Or, you might just be old.

You might be an oldschool gamer if you have the title screen to the original Legend of Zelda
burned into your TV

you might be an old school gamer if you have to blow into the system, put the game in, turn it on, blow into it, turn it off, unplug it, take the game out, blow into it, plug it back in, repeatedly hit the power button, turn it on, turn it off, put the game in, turn it on, then yell when you see that all your high scores are gone :bomb:

If every time you're stuck in a game you look for the phone number of a tip line in the back of the game's manual("I should just look where?... what the hell is a 'GameFacts'?")... you might be an old-school gamer.

22.gif
Later

You might be an old school gamer if your first video game experience was Pitfall and E.T on the 2600 at the age of 4. Or you prayed every time you put your cartage in that your screen would not blink blue.

you might be an old school gamer if you still have a tv that works with the zapper to play duck hunt and hogans alley that still has dials on it, yell at the track and field pad for not working and have a pong machine in your basement.

You might be an old school gamer if the only cheat code you use is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start.

You might be an old school gamer if the following phrase brings back nostalgic memories:
"You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here."

[quote name='Rollett']You might be a old school gamer if you STILL OWN A GAME GENI![/quote]

I still have a game genie for my Sega Genesis :lol:

You might be an old school gamer if you most of the systems you hook up use a RF switch.

You might be an old school gamer if you stayed up till 4 in the morning playing lock 'n' chase on the intellivision just to see what the next prize is. Talk about achievements...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back