Contest (CAGcast #102) Win an HDTV, 1 Year of Old Spice, and Mad Catz Xbox 360 Pack!

maybe a suggestion for cag foreplay? instead of 'Fore' just drop the E and just go for 'For'. or just call it 4play. or do the same thing prince did :)

CES 2008: Soul Caliber IV: A New Hope

When I saw that trailer I instantly got a huge smile on my face. I am a bit disappointed they are both console exclusive though. The idea of being able to unlock the other character by a digital download would be cool, but that is unlikely and they would probably charge for it.

Posted by SonOfAtari on 01/14 at 09:11 PM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/no_cod_4_its_not_you_its_me/

Dont get discouraged, man. I felt the exact same way about the game, because in reality it is unbalanced for the first few levels and the matchmaking is one of the weakest parts of the game. But level 6 is where it starts to level out a lot, because you unlock the “side missions” to get the scopes and such. Also, the game relies heavily on knowing the maps, so after playing a few rounds on each or focusing on a few maps you should start to see some improvement. Good luck, maybe ill see you online .

Posted by EN7r0py on 01/14 at 10:10 PM

Objection!

He’s too busy thinking up new inventions to waste his brain power on pants!

Posted by GaffandSlasher on 01/15 at 12:04 AM

From Achievement Uncut

Hows about 20 kills without taking damage for 15 GP…
dying or dieing?

Posted by [email protected] on 01/15 at 12:21 AM

And I really did tell 5 of my friends, and they looked at me wierd...like I was up to no good.

i freaking love bust-a-move.... never played any of the other games your talking about..

Posted by Dustin Rushing on 01/15 at 01:22 AM

Dismembered enough enemies that the blood reaches your knees.
Posted by Jonman on 01/15 at 10:12 AM

Posted by Wombat on 01/11 at 08:30 AM
"I have to admit if I had the room and the ability, I would have built one too. I, of course, have neither"

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/heres_mud_in_your_goldeneye_or_xbox_loses_a_rare_opportunity/P25/

It’s such a shame, but at least now people won’t be struck by the horrid reality that Goldeneye hasn’t aged too well in this past decade.
They’d have to practically rebuild the entire game to make it relevant to an audience that has seen the likes of Half-Life, Halo and Call of Duty.
It’s just too bad that Microsoft is more hurt by this than Nintendo: the Carnival Games crowd doesn’t care if they can’t play of those “violent murder simulator games” from 1997.

Posted by Shockgamer on 01/15 at 01:01 PM

I don’t have a 360 but it’s still too bad ‘cause anyone who didn’t play the original on the 64 should get to experience it. Well, hopefully it will come out for the Wii’s Virtual Console at least.

Posted by Adrael on 01/15 at 12:58 PM[

I'm in Mexico, do I qualify or is the contest just for people in the U.S.?

I wonder how long it will take Nintendo so sue these people…

Posted by Robert Juszczyk on 01/15 at 03:21 PM

Page 1 of 1 pages

I feel you man… Seems like everyone I play with is a level 55. I just hang tight until someone dies, run to their corpse and steal their weapons. The starter weapons just cant hang with the lasersights and Martyrs and stuff…

Posted by Callmesteam on 01/15 at 04:30 PM

Here is my UGO post for the contest:

"Okay, I got one referal right away, at the next cube. I will work on getting more this weekend. Poop stories are okay, as long as they don’t dominate the show. I even related Cheapy’s story about nearly having to take a crap in an alley while going to the G4 appearance.

Posted by AJ on 01/11 at 12:55 PM"

Whew! I had to go away for a few days and the forums were inaccessible to me on Friday. Glad I got in today!!!

HTML:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/achievement_uncut/

This is just like the contest with Fallout, only with GP instead of an in game perk. I like the idea of doing this as long as the decision is a good one.
15 GP - Learning the Ropes = Die 20 times on the first mission.

Posted by drevezan on 01/15 at 07:31 PM

Play Star Wars for the 2600, Just Like the Pros!
Posted by Wombat on 01/15 at 08:02 PM

Ah, childhood. I have a game magazine from ‘83 with pictures of design docs from the game… all the graphics were just graph paper with squares filled in by magic marker. At least they realized their vision.

Posted by mj on 01/15 at 10:55 PM

No, COD 4, It’s Not You It’s Me

Posted by Wombat on 01/14 at 04:50 PM

no, its true you suck wombat. Im sorry to say it. Acog scopes and golden desert eagles add nothing that you can’t counter with pure ability. Just play Rock Band and watch the movie Juno. That seems right up your ally.

Posted by funkpanda on 01/16 at 12:16 AM

Most Anticipated in 2008: Xbox 360

1. GTA IV
2. DMC 4
3. Lost Odyssey
4. Ninja Gaiden 2

Posted by NOXER on 01/16 at 12:24 AM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/no_cod_4_its_not_you_its_me/

"I understand the feeling. I was doing pretty well at the end of November, up to level 41 or so. Then I got sick, spent a week in the hospital after a gall bladder removal, a week at home recovering, then more time cleaning up messes at work after I went back. In short, I didn’t play for almost a month. And when I tried to, I just couldn’t keep up any more. It seems short of playing with friends, there just is no place in games like this for anyone but the total hardcore. Buy a while after the games release date, or miss some time, and you’re screwed..... "

Posted by Totalfailure on 01/16 at 04:51 AM

I hear ya Wombat. If it wasn’t for a large majority of my friends playing, I would have given up a while ago. I only play when someone I know is on. It’s still a little lop-sided, some better matchmaking is needed for sure. A level 10 should not be in the same match as a 50. I don’t see how they could have missed that.

From Destructoid Makes “the Rules” For Online Play

Your post reminded me of how Microsoft touted the new features of 360 XBox live and how things like the star system and zones (pro, recreation) would cleanup the original Xbox live experience and make it more family friendly.

If you ask me the ‘quality’ of players on Xbox live are exactly as bad if not worse on the new Xbox live and as far from family friendly as humanly possible.
Posted by sinewav on 01/16 at 05:24 PM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/destructoid_makes_the_rules_for_online_play/

Some of the best perks are unlocked at level 1. Try stopping power and steady aim/deep impact/extreme conditioning. Even in the higher levels I still stick with some of these basic perks, stopping power in particular.

With the scopes, stick to the red dot and avoid the ACOG, at least until the patch comes out. I find it much more effective.

copied from UGO...

Told everyone at work about your pooptastic cagcast and blog page. They all think I’m crazy video game guy anyway, so probably won’t help too much
Posted by BugEyedMonster on 01/11 at 07:01 PM

Play Star Wars for the 2600, Just Like the Pros!

WoW that looks really bad...I’m a huge starwars fan but I dont think I could play that for more then 5 seconds…

Posted by pelf21 on 01/17 at 12:16 AMPage 1 of 1 pages

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/...ast102_and_enter_to_win_an_hdtv_from_ugo/P25/

I won’t lie, I only told my roommate and he didn’t really stick with the show, mostly because he doesn’t have an iPod and he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to listen to it on his computer. He did enjoy what he did listen to, and with his birthday coming up, I’m planning on getting him an iPod, so hopefully then, he may be a regular listener.

Posted by FireUltima on 01/17 at 01:16 AM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/destructoid_makes_the_rules_for_online_play/
Busta Uppa on Wombat's blog: said:
I’m with Beano Rx on this one - I find myself trying to avoid the general online community more often than not. I leave my headset plugged in, but only to keep the voice chat from blaring over the main speakers (I have voice chat set to “headset only,” but it defaults back to speakers if you unplug your headset - a “feature” that I absolutely loathe). I must admit, however, that I experienced a perverse sense of satisfaction the first time I received a scathing VOICE message accusing me of “cheating” in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I small doses, that sort of thing makes for some great entertainment!
Posted by Busta Uppa on 01/17 at 02:09 AM

I feel like this leveling system is a way to add more to the multilayer portion of the game. This was also on Battlefield 2 on pc and I put in 4x more in that game online than any other pc game, ever. It makes the multilayer more re playable and add incentive if you put in the hours.

Posted by bjwoodruff on 01/17 at 02:45 AM

Wombat, you are the man. I have always been a Wombat fan and always will be even if I dont get picked (but I hope this comment will help me out, i really want the TV if you want the old spice ;-).

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/virtua_fighter_actual_rip_off/

I think it’s sad that they charge for things already on the disk. They would be better off from a PR stantpoint of just making it “downloadable content” or even better, including it on day one.
When it’s already on the disk, it’s part of the release for me. I’m with you 100% on this one Wombat!
Gamertag: KraznRazn 1 (currently playing Halo 3, COD 4, and Rainbow 6 Vegas)

Posted by KraznRazn on 01/17 at 02:51 AM

bread's done
Back