Contest (CAGcast #102) Win an HDTV, 1 Year of Old Spice, and Mad Catz Xbox 360 Pack!

Link to original article:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/virtua_fighter_actual_rip_off/

"This is really why I think downloadable content is not the best idea. I hate when companies announce dl content while the game is still being made, release it right when the game comes out, or tell you to your face that the game disc has the data but you have to pay more to get the full game experience.

Posted by zombienutz on 01/17 at 10:37 AM"

"I’ll take your complaints and raise you a logical explanation. I prefer to have it this way. I’ve already got way too much stuff filling up my hard drive, so having it on the disk itself is more convenient to me and better than the alternative of buying a bigger hard drive for $180. Also, for the developer, they don’t have to pay twice to have the game and the content certified separately. It’s up to the developer to decide what content is included in the retail game and what content gets released as DLC. If you don’t like the content they offer then why bother whining when something is released as DLC? If it’s not worth the money to you, then just don’t buy it."

Posted by Radjago on 01/17 at 11:58 AM

Destructoid Makes “the Rules” For Online Play

Recently read this myself, and would have to agree with most of what Sterling says. The comparison to Cobert is actully pretty funny now that I'm re-reading it. Ever since Xbox added online gaming, online gaming has been very slowly going down the pooper.

Got 3 people to check out gamesblog so far...

Comment on the COD4 Post...keep up the good work.

Wombat,
I feel you on this one man. I thought that Xbox was supposed to have some kind of “True Skill” matchmaking system accross all games but I get murdered by people who have obviously been playing far longer than I have. For me it takes the fun out of the game and I don’t understand why more developers don’t follow the “Halo” model. The only thing I can think of is that I have to keep losing for the system to determine how bad I suck and put me with the other shitty players. The problem with that of course is I don’t want to spend a week getting my ass kicked before I can enjoy the game.

Posted by Bleed Blue08 on 01/17 at 02:19 PM
m
_uacct = "UA-2450172-1";urchinTracker();

Nothing enhances my gaming experiences like the sweet smell of Old Spice. Funny, I use Old Spice deodorant and I get compliments about my scent all the time. I like to think I smell like Kenny Rogers.

What I'm looking forward to most is winning the years supply of Old Spice. /sarcasm

No really, it's awesome that you guys are throwing such a good contest for your winners, so I told some other people in the hopes that if one of wins we could all share the wealth.

From- Virtua Fighter- Actual Rip-Off

Charging for items already on the disc is one thing, but openly admitting “hey, we’re just trying this out on you guys, to see how much you’ll buy” seems like a classically bad move.

Of course, this is Sega we’re talking about.

Can’t complain about VF5 though. Awesome all around.
Posted by SonOfABeep on 01/18 at 01:44 AM

So finally a developer annnounces it. Yes, they are indeed with holding data from a game at release for the sole purpose of milking it for more money via digital download - or worse digital unlock. Bollocks. If you’ve got the content, just release it to us the first time we pay for it! Unbelievable…
Grumble grumble.

Posted by iowaholdem on 01/17 at 08:12 AM

"Nice prizes guys. Told a couple people at work, my brother and a couple of my gamer friends. Keep up the weekly podcasts.

Posted by UnderLiness on 01/18 at 04:05 AM"

Not sure what I would do with all that Old Spice >.< mabye send some to my dad and give the rest to my roomate.

Crap, should have listened to the podcast eailer. Hope I'm not too late.

Posted by Fragonard on 01/18 at 1:48 AM.

Most Anticipated in 2008:playStation 3

This list looks pretty impressive, inFamous might sway me to buy a PS3. Loved me some sly cooper.

Posted by Ben M. on 01/18 at 04:43 AM

dang this is hot. i love this mod. makes me want to turn on my pc right now!

Posted by Tokies on 01/18 at 08:18 AM

ps. i was on my mac. when i type that

More Stuff From Sony, Some of it’s Free

I just wish that PSN’s store was as polished as buying something on XBL. It seems that everything takes extra steps to purchase (especially when, for example, you buy a Rock Band track and then have to go back to the main store level when all you want to do is buy another Rock Band track).

Posted by frankthefrowner on 01/18 at 08:38 AM

Why can't I post comments on UGO? It keeps telling me "You did not submit the word exactly as it appears in the image", and yes I did type in the correct word. I have tried in IE and Firefox with the same results. Any idea what is wrong?

Wombat, I have told my friends about UGO and have tried to post some comments but something is blocking me from posting.

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/most_anticipated_in_2008_playstation_3/
I think 2008 really will be PS3’s year for some better penetration (har har). 2007 I bought a Wii in January and a 360 in September. It gave me a taste of HD/surround sound gaming that uses my setup real nice, and I crave more. So I think all these great upcoming games will push me over the edge and get a PS3 this year.

Posted by courgeous on 01/18 at 10:29 AM

:lol: I spelled my user name wrong.

"Good to see your ego hasn’t been spread too thin by being on all these podcasts/blogs."

In response to "Need More Wombat?"

Nintendo and Microsoft Go Straight to Step 3

[quote name='Corvin']

Beaucoup is one word.
Posted by corvin on 01/18 at 11:08 AM
[/quote]

I think the handheld numbers are particularly interesting. The PSP is selling extremely well but the DS continues to dominate it. The software numbers on the PSP have to concern Sony. Piracy is killing PSP game sales.

Posted by cgarb84 on 01/18 at 12:09 PM

Winning that TV would be pretty damn nice. C'mon Cheapy don't let me down!

Told friends about the podcast and blog. I think they will respond, just for the opportunity to enter the contest.

Favorite post since CAGCast is the Star Wars characters in the new Soul Caliber.

LINK

Thanks again for all of the work and contests!

I *love* the Microsoft line graph. 3 lines, that must be Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony. Ooops, wait, what is that? Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360’s lead over Playstation 3? What? Since when did graphs become so hard to read that I needed a line to show the difference between two lines?

Nintendo and Microsoft Go Straight to Step 3

only one thing comes to mind when looking at such graphs… Shane McMahon’s entrance music “Here comes the money!’

Posted by Xpacdos on 01/18 at 02:35 PM

Hey there! Very excited about this contest! So excited that I told 5 of my friends about it! Which is kinda contrary to my chances of winning but what the hey!?!?

Posted by Raymond Adams on 01/18 at 02:43 PM

From "Virtua Fighter: Actual Rip-Off":

considering I have the PS3 version of VF5, this doesn’t directly effect me, but this is still a disturbing thread. However, DLC that’s ON THE ACTUAL DISK is still a load of crap. Take the upcoming SC4 with Vader and Yoda. The PS3 is gonna have Vader, but Yoda will be DLC (and V.V. on the 360)? If I pay 60 bones for a game I want everything that’s on the freaking disk, not have to pay another 10 to get the rest of what’s on it.
Posted by ElfAngel7 on 01/18 at 02:48 PM

It's a Mod, Mod World:

I agree, doesn’t look as sleek as the 360, although MS could stand to make a system with cooling that actually works well.
Posted by portland485 on 01/18 at 02:53 PM

Does anyone think Sony’s online store will improve in this generation or will it take the PS4 to make it better integrated? Example: Original Xbox live was kinda crap, but the 360 really tightly integrated DLC, friends lists, and achievements. PSN seems more of a separate component added to the PS3.
Posted by Slippage on 01/18 at 03:06 PM
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/more_stuff_from_sony_some_of_its_free/

Good luck with UGO. Hope you make a lot of money.

"Nintendo had a good year, lets see if the Wii can keep up with the Xbox 360. The PS3 should have a much better year too.

Posted by Eliazar on 01/18 at 03:52 PM"

Just Like John Bonham, but Without the Sand Shark:

You have an empty room :D

Posted by Zolika on 01/11 at 10:46 AM

bread's done
Back