Contest (CAGcast #103) Win AirDrives Interactive Stereo Earphones & an iPod Shuffle!

From "Open Discussion: Cloverfield"

I haven’t seen this movie yet, but all my friends say it’s great.
Too bad I have to work all weekend, and can’t sneak in a peek!!
Posted by Muncle on 01/19 at 11:31 AM

WOot Woot!

Justice League Movie on Indefinite Hold

this is so sad 2 hear but maybe they will get a new cast and they will be better than the others

Posted by cheatassskater on 01/19 at 02:14 PM

Open Discussion: Cloverfield

I really want to see this movie but I hate seeing movie that are just released. I hate the long lines and packed theater. I’ll probably see it a few days afteward.
Posted by slayzz on 01/19 at 03:05 PM

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/comments/open_discussion_cloverfield/

Putting my post in spoiler - consider yourself warned:

I’ll be the first to admit that I missed the Coney Island drop at the end of the movie.

That does make me wonder....what other ‘easter eggs’ are people going to end up finding when the DVD comes out (particularly in the recorded-over footage).

I did see that Nokia dropped a bit of product placement into the film, shows where my priorities are.

Since we knew where the camcorder was going to end up, I kept hoping that the battery would run out, or it’d be dropped...so that we didn’t know what happened to the characters at the end.

Final thought: what copter pilot in their right mind flies over - and not away from - the city-demolishing monster?

Posted by BJK on 01/19 at 04:48 PM

Monster-Sized Box Office on Cloverfield's Opening Night

I wonder if Cloverfield will keep doing well once people start spoiling it to their friends.
Posted by Run4Fun on 1/19 at 05:56 PM

Monster-Sized Box Office on Cloverfield's Opening Night

Just saw Cloverfield and really enjoyed it

Posted by Benopolis on 01/19 at 06:47 PM

First Images from The X-Files 2

Well, I just hope it’s better than the first movie. That series has always had tremendous potential and I was disappointed by the first film.
Posted by JackFlash666 on 01/19 at 10:51 PM

Is this really that interesting? It’s just an easy way to say that Hollywood is prepared to make a Cloverfield sequel if movie-goers decide to vote with their wallet.

Monster-Sized Box Office on Cloverfield’s Opening Night

Glad to see the movie did great this weekend. The viral stuff was insanely cool and kudos to Abrams and staff to pull it off so well.

The movie was a fantastic way to kick off the new year. Shooting the film from the point of view from the average joe's while a huge monster attacks was brilliant.

Granted, the two ideas of shaky cam and monster movies are nothing grand breaking alone using them together sure is.

The great thing about the movie is theres still so much mystery around it. From the viral stuff to a few select parts in the movie where there might be more then one big monster.

The ending was also really trippy too. I caught it while walking out and had to look it up because it sounded like static and nothing more.

I can only hope that if there's a sequel, they shoot it the same way just later during the attack. Oh and if they could explain the viral stuff, that would be great.

Posted by ParticleReality on 01/20 at 01:46 AM

X-Files the Movie 2

I’m glad X-files 2 will be about the supernatural, not the alien conspiracy. If Frank Black (Lance Henriksen)makes a cameo, I’ll be thrilled.

Oh, and Duchovny’s face looks weird.
Posted by chakan on 01/20 at 05:05 AM

Open Discussion: Cloverfield

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/comments/open_discussion_cloverfield/P25/

I got to see Cloverfield yesterday and thought it was amazing! I only saw the trailers and tried not to read a whole lot about the movie, which I think made it even more enjoyable to me. I’m a big fan of Lost and knew that I would enjoy this movie. I didn’t mind that questions weren’t answered and that the camera was shaky, as the movie was from the point of view of the survivors. Can’t wait for the DVD to watch it again for anything I missed, as well as for the extra content!

Posted by GenDV138 on 01/20 at 05:11 PM

Bale and Depp are Mann's Public Enemies

I am really looking forward to this movie. Bale and Depp are two of the best actors around. Seeing them on screen together will be awesome. I also think Michael Mann is an excellent director, the way he shot Collateral was perfect for the material.

Posted by cgarb84 on 01/20 at 05:58 PM

First Images From The X-Files 2

i wonder if they’ll really answer some questions this time. ....probably not.

Posted by LiK on 01/20 at 11:10 PM

Justice League Movie on Indefinite Hold

Well, hopefully this will come sooner than later, it looks promising.

Posted by soccerstud652 on 01/20 at 11:16 PM

The Star Trek Trailer is Online

Meh. I’ll start getting excited or disappointed when I see actual footage of Spock and the rest of the crew in action.

Posted by Jicky Jacks on 01/21 at 12:28 AM

The movie was well worth the wait! Finally a movie that I didn't mind forking over my $8.50 to see. I may have to see it again or catch the DVD release because I missed the footage after the credits :(

(Posted on the Cloverfield: Open Discusion article)

I’m really looking forward to Cloverfield 2, the first movie was good, but the camera just wasn’t shaky enough. More shaky equals more realism.

Posted by M NINE on 01/21 at 02:13 AM

Under the X-Files 2 post:

I loved the show. I enjoyed the first movie. I have a lot of high hopes for this film. It is neat to finally see some pictures from the movie.

Posted by zombienutz on 01/21 at 02:42 AM

Well, there's no year supply of Old Spice to win here, but I guess those earphones sound pretty sweet too. :)

Get Smart Just Got Hot

I’m really looking forward to this movie, I think Steve Carrell was a great choice. I just hope it’s a “40-year-old Virgin” and not another mediocre, transparently-pandering-to-credulous-dimwits “Evan Almighty”.

But seriously, I’m not bitter. =D

Posted by Adrael on 01/21 at 07:57 AM

That is impressive. Cloverfield’s idea of not giving much information out seems to have paid off. It is a great risk to be so secretive. Well played.

Posted by lebkin on 01/21 at 09:49 AM

I’ll be interested to see what they do with the movie. I was always a fan, but the show struggled big time when Duchovny left the show.
Oh yea, nice product placement with the DELL computer there! I hope this film isn’t one long advertisement…

Posted by GLOCKGLOCK on 01/21 at 10:51 AM

[quote name='lebkin']That is impressive. Cloverfield’s idea of not giving much information out seems to have paid off. It is a great risk to be so secretive. Well played.

Posted by lebkin on 01/21 at 09:49 AM[/quote]

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/comments/cloverfield_opening_weekend_sets_january_box_office_record/

^^ That’s sort of the reason why I don’t really want to see the movie. It does make me curious as to what it’s all about though.
Posted by encendido5 on 01/21 at 12:15 PM

In the "Cloverfield Opening Weekend Sets January Box Office":

Already in my Netflix queue.
Cant justify $20 for a movie when I can get 2 months of Netflix for that price. Plus my wife makes a mean batch of popcorn.

Oh Great, another Oliver Stone movie, even more great: More “mess” over Bush. But I’m pretty sure we’ll get to learn how he was involved in the Kennedy assassination.

Posted by GaffandSlasher on 01/21 at 07:50 PM

I’m surprised it didnt make more at my local theature there was a line around the palce
Posted by Unlucky97 on 01/21 at 09:14 PM

"i wonder if they’ll really answer some questions this time. ....probably not."
Posted by LiK on 01/20 at 11:10 PM

I saw this trailer while seeing Cloverfield, and it was nearly the same, no details, just thrust you into it and hope it generates hype that way.

Posted by zerowing on 01/22 at 02:34 AM

Posted under "what was that at the end of cloverfield"

The splash at the end was not the monster “clover”. It is believed to be, as found through the ARG to be a catalyst that possibly agitated the parasites thus waking clover OR something that just plain woke clover.
The coney island shots are taken a month before the “cloverfield incident”

Posted by squirrel007 on 01/22 at 02:45 AM

bread's done
Back