Contest (CAGcast #103) Win AirDrives Interactive Stereo Earphones & an iPod Shuffle!

Cloverfield Opening Weekend Sets January Box Office

I went and saw this movie on opening night. Theater was packed, and the movie was awesome.

Posted by InuFaye on 01/22 at 09:18 AM

From: Cloverfield Opening Weekend Sets January Box Office

How… How.... is Alvin and the Chipmunks making nearly $200 mill? That just blows me away.

I am excited to see Cloverfield but will probably wait for the DVD. Might be too scary for me in the theater =/.

Posted by Longshot099 on 01/22 at 09:19 AM

Open Discussion: Cloverfield

Saw it yesterday, really interesting and good film. For only spending 30 million the special effects were amazing! I didn’t expect this much from the movie but it was really good.

Posted by SnotRocket on 01/22 at 09:57 AM

Cloverfield Opening Weekend Sets January Box Office

Not all that surprised; my theater had a line of at least a hundred people at around 7 or so buying tickets for Cloverfield that night. The screening room was so packed that they had to turn people away since they had nowhere to sit.
It’d be interesting to see how the second week holds up though. Most of my theater was filled up with teens and 20-somethings, and most of them seemed disappointed with the movie. Word of mouth seems to be mixed, as far as I can tell.

Posted by Ricochet on 01/22 at 10:31 AM

First Images from The X-Files 2

Good ... never really caught on to the UFO/Alien parts of the show.

Posted by Gem on 01/22 at 12:34 PM

Iron Man Shows the Hand

Please don’t let this movie be just another superhero film. I think Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor who can really make his part shine. I just hope the rest of the movie can match his “potential” performance.

Posted by CyberTrick on 01/22 at 03:04 PM

HTML:
http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/comments/oliver_stone_moves_from_jfk_and_nixon_to_bush/

He probably just wanted to grab headlines again. It will probably be just as useless/controversial as the clinton/fight-on-terrorism movie a while back.

Posted by drevezan on 01/22 at 07:02 PM

This is truly a shame, this is going to make watching Dark Knight a little awkward. Not to mention a new joker in a 3rd Batman. I’m still looking forward to it.
RIP Heath

Posted by babyassacin on 01/22 at 08:33 PM

Heath Ledger Has Died

I am bummed. It sucks when great actors are cut down in their prime. I’m going to go watch Lords of Dogtown now.

“You gotta approach every day as if it’s your last!”

Very sad and kind of eye opening as I am only three years younger than he was. Makes you really take stock of what is important in your life while you still have it. One of my favorite movies of his has to be A Knights Tale.

Posted by Ken on 01/23 at 12:53 AM

Heath Ledger Has Died

Cloverfield Opening Weekend Sets January Box Office Record

Wow, $41 million in 3 days. I can’t wait until it gets a dvd / hd format release.

Posted by T4Revan on 01/23 at 02:59 PM

First Images from The X-Files 2

This sequel is a little out of the blue but I think fans don’t care how long it took, I know I will go see it when it comes out.

Posted by AmanoUsagi on 01/23 at 03:30 PM

It’s a shame. The joker looks really good in the new Batman movie. Can’t wait to see the movie, and him in it.

Posted by TripMasterMunky on 01/23 at 05:07 PM

Heath Ledger Has Died

It's always sad to here about an actor passing away but it's especially sad when their only 28 years old with child left behind, and such a promising acting career ahead. As someone we've grown a custom to seeing alot on TV for the past 10 years it will be odd not to see him in future films as we thought we would. From what clips I've seen him as the Joker through the newest Batman movie trailors it's looks to be Ledger's best role yet.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it on Digg, this is definitely going to make The Dark Knight both chilling and a bit sad. I was really looking forward to his performance as the Joker.

Posted by NiVRaM on 01/23 at 08:00 PM

Heath Ledger Has Died

The first thought that popped into my mind was if the Dark Knight was finished or not, which doesn’t sit right with me. RIP to a young actor who had a lot of potential. I don’t recall watching any of his past movies, but I intend to watch the Dark Knight and I’m sure he played a great “Joker”.

Posted by doaremonkerpal on 01/23 at 08:06 PM

I seriously hope he just said something stupid to throw us off. I mean, that would be as stupid as naming the next Indiana Jones movies something dumb like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..............oh wait
Posted by XXXplosive1 on 01/24 at 08:21 PM

Oh sweet I just got around to listening this weeks cagcast and heard I won the Ipod and a set of earphones! Thanks Cheapy and Wombat.

bread's done
Back