Contest (CAGcast #104) Win 1 of 4 copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS)

There is a Reason Consoles Don't Have Robots Anymore

Good thing I don’t live in Japan--if I had seen that commercial as a kid, I would’ve really wanted one. The subsequent disappointment after getting it would’ve turned me emo. Well, almost. Ok, not really.
Posted by gunm on 01/25 at 01:51 PM

Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out

Azurite rapes at drums! Definitely worth to get the SE then rather buy the peripherals individually. Yea drumming is amazing.
Posted by NOXER36 on 01/25 at 02:11 PM

Pieces of “Masterpieces” On Brawl
While it’s a great idea for Brawl to cut out the middleman and offer bite-sized pieces of Nintendo’s biggest hits, I’m going to have to say they should really just include small demos of games in the Virtual Console Shop a la XBLA.

It’s a great introductory step for the non-gaming or Playstation generation to jump into a small demo and see where the magic came from, though. In my opinion it’s a smart-but-counterintuitive move, as most people wouldn’t go into the VC to search for games blindly, but at the same time it’s a little preposterous that Nintendo wouldn’t have already implemented demos for the VC Shop in the first place.

What’s even more unbelievable, and yet still not surprising, is that there’s probably no option in SSBB to send players straight to the VC to purchase these games after tinkering around with them. The easiest way to turn a profit would be to include a “Purchase from VC” option. Heck, they’d have a lot of customers nailed if there was a discount through the purchase of the game via DVD implementation, as well.

As far as Smash Bros. is concerned with educating gamers on video games’ past, it’s a little strange that they don’t encourage players to follow up by giving either a direct link to the VC or offering a discount. We already paid $50 got the game, right? Doesn’t it seem like gamers may be a little more compelled to buy a title based off a demo if a game disc chunked off a dollar or two to buy these VC titles?

Yeah it’s all theory, but with Nintendo’s ass-backwards online strategy, it’s pretty safe to assume that it’ll remain as a little daydream. Most people may not even consider picking up any of these “master"pieces in the first place, but you gotta strike while the iron’s hot.

Game looks pretty sweet, though.

Posted by Mr. Spinnington on 01/25 at 02:14 PM

Thanks if you took the time to read all that : )

On Snappy Snappy Joy Joy

Condemned’s level design was clever. Almost every room had multiple ways to move as soon as you enter, they were rarely a corridor. For me, this led to total unease as you could always have something bad behind you if you made a wrong turn in a room. Spooky game.

Posted by McBacon on 01/25 at 02:47 PM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/pieces_of_masterpieces_on_brawl/
I can’t fault Nintendo for including these demos, as some appear to be doing. However, I can’t get overly excited about them either. These are largely games that I already have multiple copies of for multiple systems. Who hasn’t played these games by now? Who needs a demo to be “sold” on Metroid or SMB or Zelda? Give me some time with the games I haven’t played, like the Japan only Fire Emblems or Earthbounds (a.k.a. Mother).

I viewed the inclusion of the demos being a smart move for Nintendo. These samples are not for the hardcore gamer but more for the newest casual gamers crowd who now owns a Wii. I’m pretty sure that once the game is finally released, every game shop on this rock will be pushing this game to everybody. This way, they can reintroduce the retro games to a whole new audience and get additional Virtual Console sales in the process. We can’t assume that everyone has played Super Mario Bros before. Think 10 year old gamer whose parents were never into gaming and the Wii is his/her’s first console.

Posted by Jangofatt on 01/25 at 03:35 PM

Very good news to finally be getting some demos. Previews of other games that have yet to be released on the VC would also be pretty cool.
Posted by spree4567 on 01/25 at 06:38 PM

Better Than Free Camel Toe

Free is free. I’m downloading it now. I hope it’s good.I would have liked to get points or a selection of games instead but it is what it is.

Posted by heatdolphins45 on 01/25 at 06:54 PM

I’ll join the chorus of gamers wondering why on earth are VC demos not available. What reaosn can they possibly have not to do it? what is there for them to lose?. I think they are really missing an opportunity.

Having said that, I’m really looking forward to playing Brawl(especially on-line, irritating friend codes notwithstanding), and the whole demo dealie sounds like a cool add-on I wasn’t expecting.

Posted by Adrael on 01/25 at 08:05 PM

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

CAGcast 104 is on the Air

Hurray! I wish the CAGcast would go back to it’s regular day, but I understand why. Since Friday’s are my extra day of the weekend, I usually don’t get to listen until Monday. I cheated today though because I had places to go, things to do… *Sigh* A day off is never really a day off.

Anyways! I love ThinkGeek.com! They also have totally awesome stuff. My wishlist has almost 3 grand of stuff. The newest addition to my wishlist? Of course, the 8-bit tie. Who would have thought that a April Fool’s joke could become such a hot seller? Don’t worry, the wifi shirt is also on my wishlist. That’ll be a fun prize for someone!

Posted by tyhana on 01/25 at 08:14 PM

OLD SCHOOL! I sure do miss that ROB guy. Think he is in a dump somewhere now, sorry ROB…

Posted by ItlnStln on 01/25 at 08:35 PM

Wait, So Electronic Arts are the Good Guys?

Who really cares what they said?

Posted by super d on 01/25 at 09:12 PM

from Pieces of “Masterpieces” On Brawl on page 2 of comments:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/pieces_of_masterpieces_on_brawl/

"This is awsome that they are putting these demos in the game. Gives the games a better chance of being purchased off the VC. However, I think a better idea is to put demos on the VC. I think putting like a 10 minute demo of games would be easy. Then like after 10 minutes you can either buy it or it deletes itself.

I still can’t wait for this game to come out, going to be amazing.
Posted by MotzCTG on 01/25 at 10:17 PM"

"Does that mean we get a demo of Mother 3 for Lucas?"

Posted by Boolean on 01/25 at 10:45 PM

Great Podcast Wombat, you rock, I don’t understand all the haters.
-Jake

Posted by Jake Rosow on 01/25 at 11:46 PM

on the cagcast 104 post

I was actaually listen to this podcast as I got my DS in the mail. It’s seems like to powerful of a sign for you guys to ignore. I am destined to win this game.

Posted by UltimoRey on 01/26 at 02:37 AM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/...nce_wars_days_of_ruin_launch_with_wombat/P50/

"Finally stopped by to watch after the plugs on CAG Foreplay and the CAGcast, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how refreshingly cool everyone was. Most game videos just make me think "awkward" (esp. when I wince at the forced smiles), but Wombat's never looked happier... at least, in video form. Good editing -- short 'n' sweet."

Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of Advance Wars. Great work on the Nintendo event!

ok now i’m kinda diggin Undertow, but it might not be better than camel toe… it depends on the camel thats showing off the toe.

Posted by ELSock on 01/26 at 09:05 AM

bread's done
Back