Contest (CAGcast #104) Win 1 of 4 copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS)

No Clever Title for Sick Men

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/no_clever_title_for_sick_men/

"I missed out owning the SMS. I had a NES myself. However, I never forgot the day I played a SMS at my friends house. Fast forward to the release of the Sega Genesis. I quickly choose that system over the SNES when asked what I wanted for Christmas. I loved it and never regretted my decision. I eventually bought a SNES shortly before it left store shelves. All that to say, I am glad they are releasing some SMS games on the VC."

Posted by zombienutz on 01/27 at 11:37 PM

Oh man,I really wanted a Wii for this game but the PS3/DS pretty keep me satisfied!I really don’t want to buy the Wii just for one game!Oh well...I’ll go over to my friends house to play it if he HOPEFULLY buys it.

For the Masterpiece Brawl blog

CAGcast 104 is on the Air

Great Cagcast as always. I completely agree with CheapyD on the whole Mass Effect “controversy”, it’s sad when a “news station” can make up their own story and use “experts” that have never played or even heard of the game until the day of the show.

dopa345
Posted by dopa345 on 01/28 at 06:56 AM

Most anticipated in 2008 - Nintendo DS

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/most_anticipated_in_2008_nintendo_ds/

"I can’t believe I’m going to admit this, but I have to agree that the Sonic RPG is my most anticipated DS game in 2008. I have yet to play a disappointing Bioware game, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I’m not a huge Sonic fan, but with Bioware behind it, I’m sure this will be one of the best RPGs on the DS. "

"My purchase of the DS late last year is gonna make me really poor this year cause I want all these games here. Posted by redthehaze on 01/28 at 04:48 PM"

Help me out by giving me advance wars so I have one game to get on that list please?!!! :cry:

Most Anticipated in 2008: Nintendo DS

I’m really hoping that the Sonic RPG is good.

Posted by SteveDaWonder on 01/28 at 06:51 PM

No Clever Title for Sick Men

Having more consoles on the VC is both exciting and disconcerning. It’s exciting for obvious reasons; more games.
However, with the Wii’s memory kinda.. feh.. You really can hold just oh so much before you *HAVE* to delete or store the game(s) you no longer play. Pretty lame :(

This game looks fun, too. I never had a Master System so this is good news for me.
Feel better. I am also sick and dying at home too :( :(

Posted by lilboo on 01/28 at 08:41 PM

Most Anticipated in 2008: Nintendo DS

Prof. Layon and the Curious Village is my most anticipated… haven’t played an adventure game since hotel dusk, I think the time has come.
Posted by hoytel on 01/28 at 09:51 PM

I'd love me some Advance Wars, and damn if a WiFi shirt doesn't sound cool as hell.

EA hates comic book fans, or am I just over-reacting
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/ea_hates_comic_book_fans_or_i_am_over_reacting/

I don't know...I still see Marvel:UA as more of a fluke: a good comics game. Maybe canceling it isn't too bad of an idea. Trailer looked cool, though...
And God! Atlantis Attacks? Wash that down with some Evolutionary War (and that crossed over into Alf!) and it'd be hard to make a game worse than that.

I'll take a copy of Advance Wars please!

Here's what I posted on the PC Games Going Extinct post:

I think a lot of the problem with PC games is that they require such beefy machines to play and thus are aimed at a very narrow market. Games like Crysis and UT3 sold poorly (by console game standards at least) because those with the rigs to play them are few and far between.

Thanks Wombat!

PC Games Going Extinct?

As many have already pointed out correctly, I think PC gamers have shift their focus to MMO look at the success of WoW. Also the problem of privacy definitely have something to do with poor sale of non-subscription based PC games.
Privacy is also a problem with console but your average consumer is much less technically advance than your average PC users. However, if console privacy can be easily done, console games sale will suffer also. Just look at the disparity of PSP systems vs. games sale numbers.

Posted by Shadowgram on 01/29 at 10:46 AM

When I watched this Fox News report, I felt like beating the hell out of my TV. These idiots from fox apparently studied up on these alien races. Dumbasses.

When I watched this Fox News report, I felt like beating the hell out of my TV. These idiots from fox apparently studied up on these alien races. Dumbasses.

To be honest aside from XML/M:UA has there been any game to even come close to the greatness that was the comic game masterpiece of Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.
EA Hates..

Has Microsoft officially cancelled the Marvel MMO? (I’d love to see a link; the closest I’ve heard is speculation along those lines.)

What Marvel really needs to do is get this game franchise back into the hands of a fighting game developer. I’m sure most of us would love a return to Capcom, but even someone like Namco-Bandai would be a big step in the right direction.

Posted by BJK on 01/29 at 09:56 AMPage 1 of 1 pages

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/ea_hates_comic_book_fans_or_i_am_over_reacting/

I was a big PC gamer years ago but I have slowly drifted more and more over to the console side. I still pick up a few PC games a year but I just don't seem to have the time to play them.

I think part of the problem is that years ago the PC platform was vastly superior(in terms of raw power) to the consoles but this is not really the case anymore.

I also think that a lot of people such as myself are tired of sitting at the computer all day long and so when relaxing they want to play on the couch with a nice TV.

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/pc_games_going_extinct/

I posted this in the PixelJunk Monsters thread:

"I really, really like this game. It's super hard, but I've already spent over 8 hours on this game, which very much justifies the $8!"

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/billy_billy_dont_you_lose_that_email/

What a wonderful XBox and Mas I had! Rock Band, CoD4, GH3 and all the stuff to fill my closet with. First CoD4 would not work consistant online and my achievements failed to unlock in Project Goth. 4 then the red ring of death. It has been almost one month with all my presents not played with and I’m thinking I should at least get Undertow. Is it worth a bitch call with aggrevation on the side? Where are you Xbox… this is not ending pretty.
Merry XBoxMas to all!
Posted by swiller on 01/29 at 11:19 PM

Billy, Billy Don’t You Lose That Email

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/billy_billy_dont_you_lose_that_email/

What a wonderful XBox and Mas I had! Rock Band, CoD4, GH3 and all the stuff to fill my closet with. First CoD4 would not work consistant online and my achievements failed to unlock in Project Goth. 4 then the red ring of death. It has been almost one month with all my presents not played with and I’m thinking I should at least get Undertow. Is it worth a bitch call with aggrevation on the side? Where are you Xbox… this is not ending pretty.
Merry XBoxMas to all!
Posted by swiller on 01/29 at 11:19 PM

"
I just got the rings the other night while playing Rock Band, or so I think. I had been out drinking all night, and came home to a nice session of Mississippi Queen. I was roodly interrupted by the heart stopping image of three red flashing lights beaming from the side of my television. I was drunk and unwilling to except this horrible vision so turned off the system and went to bed. I woke up in the morning like a flash with a cold sweat. The image of those flashing red rings burned into my mind. Was it a dream? Was it real? I can’t remember. The box seems to be working fine for now. If it goes out again, this will be my second system. Say it ain’t so MS.. Say it ain’t so...."

Posted by Edog Lost on 01/29 at 07:22 PM

Guitar Playing Dogs Make Me Squeal

I wasn't big into Animal Crossing back on the Gamecube but am pretty excited about the possibility of a MMO-AC. Like Gillespee said, I wonder what kind of in-game games they will throw in there.

From CAGcast 104 is on the Air:
"Here is my entry for the contest: Wombat, you used “whomever” when you should have used “whoever.” The who in question was performing a verb, and therefore subjunctive. Wouldn’t I have made a great intern? It’s too late! Hahaha."

Better than Free Camel Toe

As a free downloadable game, Undertow isn’t half bad. If I had paid money for this, though, I’d be very disappointed.

Posted by JoeX111 on 02/03 at 02:14 PM
Link!

bread's done
Back