CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Well if I won, it would be beginers luck because this finally prompted a lurker to actually post.

I'd use the xbox games for trade in deals at various game stories. The ones I always read about on here but never have any games to trade in a use. Because I simply refuse to ever buy a microsoft console. EVER.

The PS2 games, I'd keep about half, I could care less about the sports games but I'd try the rest and likely keep them. First person shoots likely wouldn't last either.

The Game cube games I'd keep, I love my cube.

The ps1 game sound kewl, even though i've never played it, so I'd keep that.

The Shwag sounds awsome as well, except for the xbox 360 brochure. The nintendo buttons could rule.

I'm not going to promise to hold contests or do anything special because I'm not, just trying to be honest.

I think this is a reallly kewl gesture, and I love the site btw, but I just lurk and never post.

My wife and I are planning to go to Japan for our 5 year anniversary... Hopefully we'll be able to afford it once the time comes.

I'd like to see you take pictures of all the stores with copies of our American stuff. And while your at it, give me a bunch of shit before it comes out here

When I went to a Japanese camp as a child, if you lost something you had to turn around in front of the group, shake your butt and sing a song. You must find out how to sing this song and tell me what it means. My foggy poorly phoenetic memory of this song is as follows:

che che ko-dee
che che ko-dee eesaw
ah nah
ah nah
oh ma che che!

Then you got your stuff back.

Holy moly, this contest is awesome.

I know Japan is about the size of California, and it's economy is ridiculously prosperous, especially given the country's size.

Also, MXC is about the coolest show ever. Japan rocks.

The games would be perfect to add to my collection and the duplicates of what I already have I'd probably give away here. Anyway, have lots of fun in Japan Cheapy, I love this site.

Enter

Theres this wierd thing in Japan where people actually bow to the telephone booth before and after use of it. I would love to see a photo of that.

If I were to win your games I would put them in a mini power ranger pool(with no water) and bask in the glory of the games(clothes optional).

this is what i want you to do in japan.

my.php

Let's see, this is my first post in these message boards, and what a topic to post in if I do say so myself. Have a great time in Japan, the place has always looked like an amazing time with all the weird culture, and from what I've heard they like to put eggs on everything, so I hope you enjoy eggs. If I were to win, I'd finally have a reason to get myself an X-Box. But anyway, go show those Japanese what's up!

y0 cheapy-
congrats to you and your wife, I'm sure you'll be fluent in the old Nihongo in no time.

I recommend: the Imperial Palace (the east garden's free and open to the public.) The SONY showroom in Yurakucho/ Downtown Tokyo- check out the QUALIA product line, take in some Blu-Ray- oh, and sign up for kendo classes. And go see some movies that never come over here.

Enjoy!

Wow that's cool to be moving to Japan. Good luck with everything there. Maybe you can pick me up some import stuff since my old Japanese contact moved back to the states.

Wow 129 pages of posts, a very cool contest but winning it is becoming like winning the lottery.

And I never win anything, so I'll just say to kiss the ground you walk on when you're in Japan. I'm jealous, that's where I want to live.

Have a great time!

Japan is made up of many islands, so I would like to see CheapyD eat ramen from every shop that sells them. I am mostly a PC gamer so having those games will be great to add to my very small collection of console games.

Have fun in Japan...hopefully I'll get to visit one day! I would like to see Cheapy show off any weird cultural aspects of Japan he encounters. Well that and all the cool stuff we never get here.

I'd like to see your own column, talking about any cool imports you are playing over in Japan, that way we can know if a game is worth spending good money before it hits stateside.

*drool* all of those games! I could quit my job, drop out of school, and finish every single game! People would come from all around to watch me sit in front of the TV until I pass out! And when I run out of money I could sell my other belongings to pay the electricity bill... *glee*

Hope you have fun with the moving thing.

And here's something you should do once you get to Japan.

Two words.......Street Fighter.

I would like Cheapy to take the subway and find out if there really are guys whose job it is to stuff people into the cars by pushing the crowd with large boards. If this is true, try and experience what it's like to be a pushee.

/* edit */
Almost forgot about about the for my amusement part. See if you can talk your way into being one of the pushers for an hour and report on the experience.

I would like to see Cheapy D wear i giant diaper and carrying a giant teddy bear. Then romp around town throwing the teddy bear into large crowds.

Well, I just wish you the best of luck in Japan. I have been there on vacation in the past and I can't wait to be back there visiting. I am also sad and afraid that once you are gone.. the Cheap Ass Gamer site might not be the same anymore. I hope that will not be the case. Again wish you the best.

Good luck in Japan. I'd like to see a list of all the food products that you can buy that contain squid or octopus. Tentacles is good eatin'.

I spent about a year, off and on, in Japan during my time with the USMC. I had always wanted to go to Japan but when I finally got there it blew my mind. Tokyo was UNREAL. If anyone ever gets the chance jump on it, you will not regret it. Just keep in mind that it is very expensive. Like $8 for a beer in a dive expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back