Costco Wii Bundle Information *UPDATED* B&M

I would imagine that one would have a better chance of getting a Wii or PS3 at a Costco type store during launch, as these are cost membership type stores.

Although I have my Wii reserved at GS, I would prefer to pick it up elsewhere, as well as a PS3. Does Costco offer warranties for these systems?

Strong work there my fellow CAG. I think I'll try to get there for launch. Much better deal than most other places. I was hoping it would come with a second remote, but two games might work. Still, as long as they get accessories those will be cheaper than other places by a few bucks no coupons needed.

The only question I have is what are the chances that they let me in early if I have a basic membership? Would they set up some sort of seperate line outside the place?

Sounds great, might actually try that out instead of other places first. Blah to pre-orders, lol. Thanks for the heads up. I hope its instock for launch day.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

I'm going to start making notes of all of these various deals as the next three weeks go by, so I can make a decision on where to do my big fat wait. Toys R Us is still my #1 choice, simply because I love that store and choose to support them, and I generally like how my location handles lines, but deals like this will be good to think about just in case!

Do you guys think the Wii will be in high demand around Christmas time? Or will Nintendo produce enough to make sure that everyone will have a chance to buy one?

I would be able to get my hands on one but I would rather sell it on ebay and try to make a profit. Whaddya think???

I'll have to find out how my local Costco handles membership differences in the morning, I might buy the upgrade just for this...

So the bundle is just the same price as buying a Wii and 2 games seperately from Costco? (actually 2 cents cheaper 249.99+44.99+44.99 = 339.97 instead of 339.99)

I wonder if Sam's Club is going to have anything special. I can hopefully pick up one for me, and maybe pick up the other one I need to send off.

[quote name='sonderiaom']That is the theory. It didn't say that there were any on order but with the release date in part of the description and the amount of money they'd make, it'll be that way.

As well though, it STILL says nothing about the ps3 system in the computer.

The warranty in my store is 2 years max. At other stores, there has been reports of "lifetime" though I sincerely doubt it. In any case, it's free; so besides the $50 membership fee with the 2 year warranty on everything, it's not that bad. Besides, almost all video games are cheaper there new than most other places.[/quote]

I can assure you that lifetime warranties exist for Costco. I have a few friends who have taken items back with no receipt, years after buying them and after Costco checks in their system that you have actually purchased the item there, they give full cash refunds, no questions asked. Tis true.

Oh and if they do the launch like they did with the 360, don't worry about which membership you have, they'll let everyone in at the same time.

Three things. I't probably notm Zelda. Probably some other two launch titles. They rarely do the most popular games. Watch it be omething like Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. :p

Secondly, I wonder if only gold members will get a shot. I say that because don't they get to enter a few hours earlier into the store? I just have normal membership.

Three, this doesn't seem like a whole lot of savings. Not unless they throw somethign extra in. When the 360 bundle came out at launch it actually was less expensive then it's parts sold separately.

I was lucky to get a 360 on launch at my local Costco in Yakima, WA. I didn't have to wait in line all day. I drove up and there was quite a line, but I got in hoping they would have enough. It ran pretty smoothly. Only one system was given to each membership. They hand out a slip with a stamp and you used that to get a given system. They really did a great job! If they do get the PS3 I will definitely get in line over night and hope to get one.

Im not sure how this works so can someone please explain how they did it for the 360 more clearly?

I want to knowbeforehand cause im gonna drag my family to Costco early in the morning....

I'm guessing the bundled games will be Zelda and ExciteTruck, which would be good because those are the two I most want (along with Monkey Ball, which looks to nice and cheap here). I'm going to take my chances at WalMart on Saturday, but maybe this will be my backup.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Three things. I't probably notm Zelda. Probably some other two launch titles. They rarely do the most popular games. Watch it be omething like Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. :p

Secondly, I wonder if only gold members will get a shot. I say that because don't they get to enter a few hours earlier into the store? I just have normal membership.

Three, this doesn't seem like a whole lot of savings. Not unless they throw somethign extra in. When the 360 bundle came out at launch it actually was less expensive then it's parts sold separately.[/QUOTE]

I am very certain that executive and gold members were in line the day I got my 360. I don't think any one with a gold membership was turned away. The 360 bundle came with the system an extra controller, a charger kit, and a copy of Kameo.

[quote name='Dante Devil']I am very certain that executive and gold members were in line the day I got my 360. I don't think any one with a gold membership was turned away. The 360 bundle came with the system an extra controller, a charger kit, and a copy of Kameo.[/QUOTE]

Our 360 Bundles came with PGR.

Two games huh? I still think it's suspicious that zelda isn't listed in the OP's list while it's listed online. Actually they list zelda, red steel, and tony, and what with tony being the only game in the OP's list, maybe we can expect a zelda/red steel bundle. Might be alright, although I can't believe there won't be a second controller.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Correct, and with only counting the northernwest states, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon, there are 38 werehouses[/QUOTE]
So that means about 40 per store assuming even distribution and that each store recieves an even allocation. Sounds pretty good to me.

[quote name='Duncanzits']So 40 per Costco abouts? Considering how many were in line for the Elmos, that's not great.[/QUOTE]
But I've heard most big box stores are expecting about 28 Wii's at launch, and they don't require memberships.

[quote name='madmofo']But I've heard most big box stores are expecting about 28 Wii's at launch, and they don't require memberships.[/QUOTE]

Bingo, also who really buys video games at Costco ? Don't most people use the store for food ?

But I'm glad this info was posted. I hope it's legit because now it looks like Costco is my place to buy a wii. I only wish my local costco wasn't next to a bestbuy.

It would be nice if they let the Executive members in early. I just upgraded my membership this summer after being asked for about 5 years to do so. It would be nice if I could get *something* out of it. They promised me exclusive coupons and in 6 months I haven't gotten anything they don't hand out in the store :D. There is the 2% rebate I suppose (which easily pays for the difference in membership rates, anyway).

I fully intend to get my personal PS3 system at Costco because of the warranty. I had assumed I would need to wait until March or April to get one. It seems 360's didn't show up until then or later. Maybe they had some on launch day, but I was out of the loop on that one.

I'm seriously looking to hear more info. about this OP. Thanks for your contributions.

I'm starting to worry about getting a system after failing at 2 EB's and seeing huge TRU lines on the web. I cannot believe how crazy pre-orders are! I don't have a car (public transportation FTW) and Costco may be the sanest place (i.e. no massive hordes of campers) to get a Wii.

I'd also be saving $5/game (and maybe controllers) and get to do some grocery shopping, too!

I fully intend to get my personal PS3 system at Costco because of the warranty. I had assumed I would need to wait until March or April to get one. It seems 360's didn't show up until then or later. Maybe they had some on launch day said:
I was thinking the exact same thing re: PS3. I've never had an issue with Nintendo hardware, but have had issues with both my PS2 and 360. The Costco membership is the equivalent of buying an extended warranty plan anyway. Plus, some of those exclusive PS3 games coming in 2007 look pretty sweet (Lair, Heavenly Sword).

Thanks OP for the heads up! Now, which stores in the Chicagoland area will be carrying them? Would I be able to call the store up prior to the launch and ask if they will have them on launch day? Thanks again!

Thanks, OP! This is great news. I was actually planning on buying the Wii there anyway because of their good bundles and warranty, even if I had to wait.

Now I'd just like to know if Costco will be getting the PS3 on launch, and how many. :)

[quote name='sonderiaom']Alright boys and girls, I was debating whether or not to give this information as it means that people will probably be lining up in front of all the Costco's on launch day to get one, but I've decided to give all the info about the Wii Costco bundle.

Item number is 200619
Description is that it is a Console + 2 Games
Price is $339.99
[/QUOTE]

Any word on if that bundle may include an extra controller?

Do bundles normally retail for roughly the same price as the divided units?

[quote name='iufoltzie']Any word on if that bundle may include an extra controller?

Do bundles normally retail for roughly the same price as the divided units?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has an extra controller.

Costco's bundles generally equal out to the same price or less than if you bought the items individually. The Xbox 360 bundle originally saved you $50 as opposed to if you purchased everything separately, and it looks like the Wii bundle will save you $20 (given that the games are $50 MSRP each).

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Three things. I't probably notm Zelda. Probably some other two launch titles. They rarely do the most popular games. Watch it be omething like Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. :p

Three, this doesn't seem like a whole lot of savings. Not unless they throw somethign extra in. When the 360 bundle came out at launch it actually was less expensive then it's parts sold separately.[/QUOTE]

At my Costco they don't let gold members in early for some reason. They let everyone in at the same time. I notice this when I lined up to get a flu shot this year.

Anyway, OP please posts any info you hear on the PS3 system bundle when they finally price it. Thanks.

bread's done
Back