Costco Wii Bundle Information *UPDATED* B&M

My gf is also showing up with me, but we don't know whether Target or Costco will be the final decision. The Target near me only has 39 and I don't know about Costco.

We must bus to both stores and then walk for ~15 min, since we have no cars (poor college students). I already looked at the bus schedule for the 19th and the first one available is 6 am.

It's all wait and see from here. PS3 launch will be good indicator of the mayhem for these stores. I can't believe how out of hand this is getting (failed 2 EB's for Wii and 1 EB for PS3).

So PS3 will probably not be launching at costco eh? Too bad. I'd really like to own my PS3 from costco after my xbox 360 broke in less than a year =/

Keep us up to date on that, Sonderiaom. We all appreciate it. And sorry to all for the PS3 talk in this Wii thread

[quote name='sonderiaom']Correct. Unfortunately; the amount of launch systems for the ps3, and the fact that Costco is a bulk-buyer kinda makes it hard. When/if it ever does show, I'll let people know.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised by this. The 360 had similar small numbers last year but Costco managed to get some for launch anyway.

Here's my 360/Costco launch story:

The one I was at last year didn't give out tickets but there was no mad dash either. Everyone was in a single-file line (people had been there hours before the store opened). The manager(?) came out, said he was going to count off heads starting at the front and everyone that was counted was going to get one.

Everyone who was counted was moved in to the gated entrance area and they shut the gate behind them. Then they let people in to the actual store about 10 at a time until they were done. At that point they lifted the gates and let the store open for normal business.

They had a table set up at the front of the store with all the 360s, games and accessories for those lucky few who got in early. I have to say overall it was well done.

sonderiaom

Thanks for the info. I hope Costco will carry it, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to wait for a PS3. I have copies of F.E.A.R, FFXII, Splinter Cell DA, and Gears of War to play through. That will keep me plenty busy.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I got the info about Zelda, but at the time I asked the guy handling the bundles, he didn't have the info about the other game included. I updated the OP with the info and once I get more info I'll update accordingly.[/quote]

So are we confirmed that costco will include zelda in the bundle? and that excite truck is a possible second piece. Honestly, i want to know the games but what other stuff is included is so much more interesting to me so if you guys hear anything about what else is in there, let me know. Thanks

[quote name='suaveric']I'm kind of surprised by this. The 360 had similar small numbers last year but Costco managed to get some for launch anyway.

Here's my 360/Costco launch story:

The one I was at last year didn't give out tickets but there was no mad dash either. Everyone was in a single-file line (people had been there hours before the store opened). The manager(?) came out, said he was going to count off heads starting at the front and everyone that was counted was going to get one.

Everyone who was counted was moved in to the gated entrance area and they shut the gate behind them. Then they let people in to the actual store about 10 at a time until they were done. At that point they lifted the gates and let the store open for normal business.

They had a table set up at the front of the store with all the 360s, games and accessories for those lucky few who got in early. I have to say overall it was well done.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Lincoln Park/Chicago Costco from last year

I'm very surprised they (Costco) arent throwing in another controller(wiimote+nunchuk). Not really a good bundle, like the 360 one.

Do you know if the northeast costco's bundle pack will be the same? For as long as I can remember, there has always been an extra controller in the bundles. I called my costco, and the lady on the line (rudely) told me that all the computer said was that they were going to have it on launch day, (11/19).

I talked to a guy in my store working in majors and he checked the computer and I've been checking it. I'm in the northwest region and are we confirmed that costco will carry it on launch day and do you guys have any figures for how many units different warehouses will have? Not just hearsay here, can anyone actually confirm from reliable sources that costco will have wii bundles come november 19th?

2 Questions:

1) How much is Costco going to sell extra controllers for?

2) Any stories from San Luis Obispo, CA for the 360 launch?

Thanks!

Is it possible that the reason the second game is not known at this point is because it is Wii Sports and that actually this bundle could possible include a second controller? That just seems to make more sense as I can't think of any launch bundle Costco has ever had with two games and no extra controller. Anyway, I'd still like to know the numbers of bundles individual Costco's are going to get of this bundle so I can decide if it's worth waiting until they opne to snag one or just cut my line waiting time and go to a store that opens earlier. I tried calling my local store the other day and while they found it in the system, they couldn't give me any numbers as they said they didn't show up in the system yet.

[quote name='lawdood']Is it possible that the reason the second game is not known at this point is because it is Wii Sports and that actually this bundle could possible include a second controller? That just seems to make more sense as I can't think of any launch bundle Costco has ever had with two games and no extra controller. Anyway, I'd still like to know the numbers of bundles individual Costco's are going to get of this bundle so I can decide if it's worth waiting until they opne to snag one or just cut my line waiting time and go to a store that opens earlier. I tried calling my local store the other day and while they found it in the system, they couldn't give me any numbers as they said they didn't show up in the system yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm worried that this means Costco won't be getting the Wii (or PS3) at launch. I assume they need an even longer processing time than most stores because they have to get the product from Nintendo and Sony, then repackage it before they ship it again. I would think that with this extra amount of time that Costco would have to know by now what the numbers are looking like for each store or at the very least what was going to be in the bundles.

We're only a week away, is this how it usually is with Costco? I didn't follow the 360 very closely last year so i don't have anything to compare it to.

[quote name='sonderiaom']No, I don't believe that they're counting Wii Sports as a seperate game. As well, I don't think that they would include another controller without putting it in the description.

And, yeah, I thought that we would get numbers in our computers yesterday of what all the werehouses will be getting, but nothing is in there. So, unfortunately, I can't give exact numbers. What I'm thinking is happening is that we're getting it directly from Nintendo which is why it isn't showing up in the computers; that would be what we're getting from Depot.[/QUOTE]

So if they are coming right from Nintendo/Sony what does that mean? That stores won't know how many they'll be getting, if they're getting any at all? This could put a serious cramp in my launch plans!

If it looks like there's going to be close to 100 units per store, I don't see that there's going to be that much of a need for lining up. I think there's going to plenty to go around especially if those Target numbers are correct (60-200/store). This is better for those of us looking to score the system from Costco. All this hype is coming from some weird place, they're not going to sell out in the first hour, it's just not going to happen, but if they do, as long as I get a system I'll be happy.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Yes the Wii, though I'll give some info on the PS3 in a second.

I don't think that the 1182 units would be for ALL costcos because the math doesn't add up. The pallets have 24 Wii's on them. The NW is getting at least 64. That's 1536 right there. I could only assume then that the depot with the 1182 units only hit seattle and north, therefore being around 15 werehouses there. That'd be around 78 Wiis each.

As for the PS3, it's a definite NO for the time being. The bundles are in the computer however if you'd like to bother your specific werehouse every week or so.

60GB Sony Playstation 3 is item Number 333333 and is $699.99
20GB Sony Playstation 3 is item Number 233333 and is $599.99

I frankly have no idea what it comes with and I'm not bothering the guy again who helped me before.[/QUOTE]

Crap, that throws a serious wrench in to my PS3 plans! I didn't want to camp outside for 12+ hours at a Target this year....

Thanks for all the info sonderiaom. I'm planning to get mine at Costco for the warranty and since I have $75 in Costco Cash. Now I just need to decide which of 4 Costco stores to go to...all of them near equidistant :)

[quote name='oxidative']Thanks for all the info sonderiaom. I'm planning to get mine at Costco for the warranty and since I have $75 in Costco Cash. Now I just need to decide which of 4 Costco stores to go to...all of them near equidistant :)[/quote]

yes, thanks for the info sonderiaom! It is getting tough to decide where to get mine... costco for the warranty but we still do not know the 2nd game in the bundle... or will I cave and go to target which opens 2 hours before hand

[quote name='blahness']yes, thanks for the info sonderiaom! It is getting tough to decide where to get mine... costco for the warranty but we still do not know the 2nd game in the bundle... or will I cave and go to target which opens 2 hours before hand[/quote]

Ha, I'm in the same boat. It's going to be very hard waiting until 10AM to pick one up when I know my local Target will have like 60 of them and opens at 8AM.

[quote name='sonderiaom']You're welcome to all, I know that this'll make things harder for me, but I'd rather everyone here benefit. Not to mention it hasn't made any of the major news sites I've gone to so it's "our little secret".

In any case, I'm not sure if I'm picking it up at my stores or not. I still have my preorder at EB but I'd also like to save the $20 and it wouldn't hurt for at least a little warranty.

As well, I doubt really anyone else will look to Costco as a viable option for the Wii as not really any other people know about it, while all the other venues will be hounded constantly.[/QUOTE]

not sure how secret this is since some of the costco's in CA already have plans with extra security etc. for people camping out overnight.

[quote name='blahness']yes, thanks for the info sonderiaom! It is getting tough to decide where to get mine... costco for the warranty but we still do not know the 2nd game in the bundle... or will I cave and go to target which opens 2 hours before hand[/quote]
Its exite truck, or at least thats what the costo that i shop at says in its computer system. They have one on the wall you can get employees to check things on it for you. It still doesent say unit numbers yet, it does say the release date, but not the date the store will get any, so they may not get it on launch. The guy at the computer that seemed to actualy know what it was beforehand. He said they were not getting them in the store on launch becuse it wasent in the system, but he also said it was comeing out the 17th untill he checked the computer, so he was saying they werent getting any, but i am pritty sure he doesent actualy know, just guessing. This was last week i think.

It mentions everythingthat comes with the bundle along with everything in the box too, so it says zelda, exite truck, nunchuck, wiimote, cables n' junk, system, wii sports, ect.

I really do hope my costco gets some on launch, its a awsome place to camp at, else i know of a place that has a target, and a toys are us right next to eachother (ok down the street)

question... if i sell exite truck, and my wii breaks, can i still return it and get a new wii? i really dont want exite truck. I will sell it for 30$ +shipping to anyone on this forum if i dont need it for a return.

[quote name='bball1515']not sure how secret this is since some of the costco's in CA already have plans with extra security etc. for people camping out overnight.[/quote] what ones?

sigh... looks like i have to fight off 13 thousand people off with a stick. yeah its not a secret anymore... :(

[quote name='White-Wolf']Its exite truck, or at least thats what the costo that i shop at says in its computer system. They have one on the wall you can get emploies to check things on it for you. It still doesent say unit numbers yet, it does say the release date, but not the date the store will get any, so they may not get it on launch. The guy at the computer that seemed to actualy know what it was beforehand said they were not getting them in the store on launch becuse it wasent in the system, but he also said it was comeing out the 17th untill he checked the computer, so he was saying they werent getting any mirly based off that the units amount were not in the system. This was last week i think.

It mentions everythingthat comes with the bundle along with everything in the box too, so it says zelda, exite truck, nunchuck, wiimote, cables n' junk, system, wii sports, ect.

I really do hope my costco gets some on launch, its a awsome place to camp at, else i know of a place that has a target, and a toys are us right next to eachother (ok down the street)

question... if i sell exite truck, and my wii breaks, can i still return it and get a new wii? i really dont want exite truck. I will sell it for 30$ +shipping to anyone on this forum if i dont need it for a return.

what ones?[/QUOTE]

I know the van nuys one specifically, still talking to the others to see how they are gonna handle it.

[quote name='White-Wolf']your not too far from me. ghhhh i gota stop posting in this thread, its only going to hurt me.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. At least now I know to avoid the Van Nuys Costco. I wonder how things will be at the Northridge and Woodland stores...

And I'm pretty sure you need to bring back EVERYTHING in order to get a return. So don't sell off Excite Truck. You might as well play it. I had absolutely no interest in the game when I first heard about it, but spending some time with a demo had me convinced that it's actually quite good.

I wonder if they are going to post bundles on costco.com sometime this weekend. I just looked and they removed the placeholder for the playstation 3 and nintendo wii since this morning. They used to have a coming soon spot for both where you could submit your e-mail for notification but both are now gone.

AHH!! i have been waiting and dreaming about this forever. I'm gonna check my Laguna Niguel, CA costco tomorrow with the code, which is 200619 for those whho dont know and wanna check. I hope they have an extra controller.

P.S. Anyone else live near mission viejo, aliso viejo, or laguna niguel??
P.S.S. sigmachi96 , yeah, i saw that they removed the place and item number for the wii on costco.com. Hopefully its updated tomorrow with the sacred bundle!!!! I HATE THIS TINGLING EXCITEMENT!!!! I'm typing so fast!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Gamedude6006']AHH!! i have been waiting and dreaming about this forever. I'm gonna check my Laguna Niguel, CA costco tomorrow with the code, which is 200619 for those whho dont know and wanna check. I hope they have an extra controller.

P.S. Anyone else live near mission viejo, aliso viejo, or laguna niguel??
P.S.S. sigmachi96 , yeah, i saw that they removed the place and item number for the wii on costco.com. Hopefully its updated tomorrow with the sacred bundle!!!! I HATE THIS TINGLING EXCITEMENT!!!! I'm typing so fast!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Someone needs a prozac. stat.

hmmmm...costco.com no longer has the wii or ps3 preorder page on their website. did i miss the online preorder? or did they pull it all together.

Wait, White-Wolf says that the computer at his costco says that it comes with an extra controller. Sonderiaom says it doesn't. Which one is true?

[quote name='White-Wolf']

[/QUOTE]
He never said extra controller. That's the one that comes with the system.

it would be very surprising if Costco didnt include an extra controller. They always have as far as when i got my n64. And besides, the Wii is almost completely directed at playing fun games with all your friends. If they dont give 2 controllers, i may need to swing by gamestop. Do you think they'll run out of controllers on launch day???

According to the guy in the Best Buy thread he said they weren't getting many remotes (around half, I think, for the units allotted per store) and even less nunchucks were getting there, so while Costco would probably have the best prices, I don't know how many accessories they'll get. I guess we'll wait for those numbers and go from there right?

[quote name='sonderiaom']With that $50 (or $100) everything is then warrantied for 2 years, besides computers which are 6 months. And if you say it's a lifetime warranty; I swear....[/QUOTE]

I've always been under the impression that the Costco policy effectively gave a lifetime warranty (besides computers, of course). I've never had to return anything two years past purchase so I don't have firsthand experience with the policy, but I've had friends return items after three or four years, supposedly with no questions asked. Has the two-year limit always been in effect but unenforced, or is this a recent change in policy?

Just FYI. I just got back from the Seattle (Downtown) Costco and I was at the customer service desk. The assistant warehouse manager was there and I asked him about the Wii release details. He said that store wasn't gettting ANY because they didn't want to deal with the campers like they had at the 360 release. There was alcohol and too much partying, he said it wasn't worth it.
He also said that all the NW costcos were only allocated a total of 8 pallets (24 per pallet). He said Kirkland was getting some but wasn't sure how many.
Glad I asked becaue that's where I planned to be on launch day.
Just thought I'd share the info since I've been watching this thread trying to get info...

[quote name='jdinseattle']Just FYI. I just got back from the Seattle (Downtown) Costco and I was at the customer service desk. The assistant warehouse manager was there and I asked him about the Wii release details. He said that store wasn't gettting ANY because they didn't want to deal with the campers like they had at the 360 release. There was alcohol and too much partying, he said it wasn't worth it.
He also said that all the NW costcos were only allocated a total of 8 pallets (24 per pallet). He said Kirkland was getting some but wasn't sure how many.
Glad I asked becaue that's where I planned to be on launch day.
Just thought I'd share the info since I've been watching this thread trying to get info...[/quote]

Soooo.... where at the end it says 8 pallets, 24 per, does that mean 8 pallets a store?? Probably not.. It means 24 per store huh.. When i asked my Costco about it, they said they were getting them on 11/19, supposedly, and that it was a console and two games... nothing else.

[quote name='Gamedude6006']Soooo.... where at the end it says 8 pallets, 24 per, does that mean 8 pallets a store?? Probably not.. It means 24 per store huh.. When i asked my Costco about it, they said they were getting them on 11/19, supposedly, and that it was a console and two games... nothing else.[/quote]

No, he said that the 8 pallets were to be distributed across all NW Costco's. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just passing on info that was told to me by an assistant warehouse manager.

You guys are killing me! LOL!!

I have been lurking on this thread now for a week or so, only because I work for Costco also.

On the Wii: No one knows for sure how many Wii's we are getting (company wide) so you can keep on guessing along with the rest of us. Our corporate buyer's got smart after the 360 launch last year and won't put any numbers in the computer until later this week. I'm sure someone will leak the numbers on here when they find out. (It won't be me). It is the same situation with the PS3. Just because we have an item # and price set up doesn't mean we are going to get them.

On the return policy: 100% guarantee is the policy. There is NO, and I repeat NO time limit on ANYTHING, except computers which are 6 months. There are of course exceptions to the rule, but it will normally be for abusing the system. It takes a warehouse manager to refuse a return. If you ever get a clerk refusing to take something back, ask for the warehouse manager. If that doesn't work contact the Corporate office.

Personally, I can't wait for all this console hype to be over with :)

bread's done
Back