Crackdown - $11.99 shipped new at Buy.com

[quote name='Indiana Jones']GS/EB's site says used. Some people here seem to think their view of used games should be shared by everyone else.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: So true. And if they're buying copies off of GameStop.com, they're buying with the condition blind.

Anyway, thanks OP. My order shipped already.

No, not new - I don't think they've ever had a B2G1 promo on new items. Obviously, this deal only applies to you if you don't mind buying used. No need to be stuck-up about it if you're not interested.

[quote name='whitereflection']No, not new - I don't think they've ever had a B2G1 promo on new items. Obviously, this deal only applies to you if you don't mind buying used. No need to be stuck-up about it if you're not interested.[/quote]

I think the problem is you didn't say it was used originally. Since GS sells new as well (if you count open packages as new), it can be confusing if you don't know they never do B2G1 on new.

Ordered one as well. Gonna play this game again. Thanks OP!

Edit: Oh darnit, I got charged tax. $13 and change after. But then again, the distribution center is close by so I should get it faster.

Thanks for the head's up on this deal, OP! $11.99 shipped (I didn't get hit with any tax) is an great deal for this game new. I ordered it from Buy.com this morning and added to my growing backlog on the 360.

Ugh...my cousin and I got so far in this game while I was babysitting my friend's 360. He took it back, and we lost all of our hard work. I haven't had the strength to go back to it.

Having said that, this game is a blast, and I'm sure I'll get back into it soon. Buy it.

I've been on the fence about buying this but for this price and all the rave reviews, I'm gonna pick up 2, for me and my honey. Thanks for this OP!!

this game is the bomb yo! ;) i actually just purchased the DLC a few weeks back when MS lowered the price... fun game, what gta iv should have been. fun.

I wanted to buy it but it won't be here for Xmas delivery w/the free shipping option. I wanted to give it as a gift. Perfect present for that gamer. I loved it.

Now I need to track down an affordable copy that WILL be available for Christmas.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I wanted to buy it but it won't be here for Xmas delivery w/the free shipping option. I wanted to give it as a gift. Perfect present for that gamer. I loved it.

Now I need to track down an affordable copy that WILL be available for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think it won't arrive before Christmas? Mine just shipped.

[quote name='Demontooth']Why do you think it won't arrive before Christmas? Mine just shipped.[/quote]

Probably because it's Buy.com and their customer service tends to suck.

Just curious but how long did it take for you guys to get an email receipt? I'm so use to things being instant now I thought it was a little odd that I haven't received an email yet and paypal hasn't been charged yet (I can see my order on buy.com with the order number though).

[quote name='Demontooth']Why do you think it won't arrive before Christmas? Mine just shipped.[/QUOTE]

7-9 business days for the free shipping, and it even states in red letters, THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHRISTMAS ARRIVAL or something like that.

Otherwise, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I just can't take that chance.

[quote name='powersurge']Just curious but how long did it take for you guys to get an email receipt? I'm so use to things being instant now I thought it was a little odd that I haven't received an email yet and paypal hasn't been charged yet (I can see my order on buy.com with the order number though).[/quote]
i was wondering the same thing after i ordered. paypal took a few minutes to send me the receipt but buy.com took about 20 minutes after the paypal receipt.

I ordered the game this morning and even though it says the free shipping may take a while I already received an email saying it had shipped. Good times

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from Gamestop, this weekend Crackdown is $10 used, combine that with B2G1, that's not a pretty good deal IMO. Plus if you have an Edge card is basically negates the tax.

[quote name='Kelegacy']7-9 business days for the free shipping, and it even states in red letters, THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHRISTMAS ARRIVAL or something like that.

Otherwise, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I just can't take that chance.[/QUOTE]

They're just saying that to cover their asses.

[quote name='LegolasFett']Just got an email from Gamestop, this weekend Crackdown is $10 used, combine that with B2G1, that's not a pretty good deal IMO. Plus if you have an Edge card is basically negates the tax.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the used Crackdowns at several Gamestops, all of them looked like they had been in floods.

hmm i didn't get the email that it shipped but i checked the site and it did in fact ship out already but the tracking number doesn't seem to be working. i guess it just left the warehouse maybe.

[quote name='Kelegacy']7-9 business days for the free shipping, and it even states in red letters, THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHRISTMAS ARRIVAL or something like that.

Otherwise, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I just can't take that chance.[/quote]

Despite what someone else said, it's NOT to cover their ass. I speak from experience. Last Christmas I ordered DVD's through them in the area of December 10th and picked Free Shipping.

It sucked to explain to my brother that Christmas would be coming a little late that year.

He was, he's in his late 20's. The real point of my post was that Buy.com's free shipping option is extremely unreliable. I bought a digital camera for my mom at buy.com yesterday and HAD to upgrade the shipping. It was only $5 to do so, so it wasn't even worth the risk.

Just a little heads up, the people saying Buy.com took forever last year are right. I was very happy with my purchases from them.....but they did indeed take an insane amount of time to ship stuff to me.

bread's done
Back