Crackdown 2 pre-order on Amazon

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
You can currently pre-order Crackdown 2 on Amazon for $55.99
It can be shipped either with FREE Super Saving Shipping, or release-day shipping for $5.98

So, you can get the game on launch day for $61.97 delivered to your door, and still getting the extras:
-4 extra skins for you agent (Xbox LIVE Download Code)
-$10 off your next videogame purchase on Amazon.com

I would post a link, but since I'm a new user I can't, simply go to Amazon and look for Crackdown 2, and see you in the City, Agents!

I only saw the $10 credit there, but not the $4 discount and the pre-order extra, so I decided to create the thread since with that discount, you essentially get the game shipped to you on release date for an extra $1. 98

I'll think twice next time though.

[quote name='DarkPGR']I only saw the $10 credit there, but not the $4 discount and the pre-order extra, so I decided to create the thread since with that discount, you essentially get the game shipped to you on release date for an extra $1. 98

I'll think twice next time though.[/QUOTE]alot of releases are $4 cheaper on amazon. Thanx for trying though

Eh, he's new, and it's very easy for even us long timers to miss that something had been posted (and in this case there wasn't a thread dedicated just to that game). Thank you, DarkPGR, and welcome to CAG! :)

[quote name='Matt Young']Eh, he's new, and it's very easy for even us long timers to miss that something had been posted (and in this case there wasn't a thread dedicated just to that game). Thank you, DarkPGR, and welcome to CAG! :)[/QUOTE]
You're right.

Hey new guy, this isn't a deal. Amazon gives that great price for release date delivery all of the time and they hardly EVER charge a full $60 for a game. Pretty much $56 IS full price on Amazon, so not a deal but thanks for trying.

Welcome to CAG :bouncy:

HOW DARE YOU POST A DEAL!

LEAVE CAG AND NEVER RETURN.

Bit on this and then played the demo and promptly canceled the preorder. It felt like a Crackdown reskin... not even a patch to the old Crackdown.

you should also sign up for the month trial of amazon prime - gives you free release date delivery (as well as free 2-day shipping on everything else) so what I did was sign up for a month and pre-order a ton of games. Even after the trial period expires, your shipping method will be locked in - so you could get your release date delivery for free even if you preordered something months earlier. Just make sure to cancel the trial membership - unless you want to spend $80 to have it for the rest of the year.

Crackdown 2 preorder was at $49.99 at one point (lasted about a day) around March or so (I'm guessing the month). Anyone that preordered before this day is getting it at this price plus all preorder bonuses. Amazon raised it to $55.99 later, which really is too common to make a threat about it. Again welcome to CAG, but we as a community we are wise to this "discounts" and these aren't big enough deals to make threads usually.

[quote name='nightmare452']Crackdown 2 preorder was at $49.99 at one point (lasted about a day) around March or so (I'm guessing the month). Anyone that preordered before this day is getting it at this price plus all preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I got this as a Gold Box deal, so my total is $47.66 with free release day shipping (via Prime) + all the pre-order bonues. So much better than paying $60 + tax at retail.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Bit on this and then played the demo and promptly canceled the preorder. It felt like a Crackdown reskin... not even a patch to the old Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Except I bit on it when it was $49.99 in that limited time slot, and still canceled it.

[quote name='heybtbm']Tell me about it. I got this as a Gold Box deal, so my total is $47.66 with free release day shipping (via Prime) + all the pre-order bonues. So much better than paying $60 + tax at retail.[/QUOTE]

Same here except I pay tax, so mine is $50 and change.

[quote name='animalspinners']Ditto.

Except I bit on it when it was $49.99 in that limited time slot, and still canceled it.[/QUOTE]

So the demo really does suck that much, huh? Another board I frequent also said that it was a big disappointment. I downloaded it yesterday afternoon but have yet to try it out.

Geez guys. Amazon doesn't ALWAYS have pre-release games below MSRP. Sometimes, yes, but not always. This is a deal and I would argue that its own thread is justified. If I hadn't stumbled upon the deal on my own yesterday, this would have pointed me to it and I would have ordered from this.

So, thanks OP! I'm sure you're helping somebody with this.

And finally, the demo seems to be more of the same ol' Crackdown, but to me that's great. I love the original and am excited about this.

[quote name='bigredvan14']So the demo really does suck that much, huh? Another board I frequent also said that it was a big disappointment. I downloaded it yesterday afternoon but have yet to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play a whole lot of the demo, but I don't know what they're talking about. I loved the first game and enjoyed the demo. That's good enough for me.

[quote name='bigredvan14']So the demo really does suck that much, huh? Another board I frequent also said that it was a big disappointment. I downloaded it yesterday afternoon but have yet to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to the haters. The demo restricts you to 30 minutes which makes it tough to level up much in more than one area, so you don't really get the full experience.

There's a glitch floating around to remove the 30 minute timer so you can level up more, at which point the game is more fun than I can describe with words, especially if you have friends to co-op with.

[quote name='abilyk']And finally, the demo seems to be more of the same ol' Crackdown, but to me that's great. I love the original and am excited about this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. More of the same? Sign me up. Not even gonna bother with the demo since I'm trying to finish RDR and some other stuff in the next two weeks.

Crackdown is my favorite 360 game so far, period. Just got my own 360 a few months ago, and Crackdown was the first game I bought/played, even though it's 3 years old (played w/ my former roommate back when it came out).

Glad I preordered 3 months ago to lock in at $50.

Played the demo last night. Not getting Crackdown 2.

I loved the TAR out of Crackdown 1. Played it co-op w/ a friend all the time and beat the game twice. I still go back and play it.

Crackdown 2 feels like a terrible PC mod of the first. The art style has changed to Crayolla-Throwup-Rainbow. The first was cell-shady, but this is looks like a Wii game and has actually lost some of the effects/filters. The controls/handling doesn't feel right, either. The weapons feel flimsy in this one.

When nighttime came and the zombies came out, I exited out and deleted it. There was the Freaks in the first game, but that was just one boss. They're trying to Me-Too the game into every other Zombie game right now. Next thing we know, they'll have sparkly Vampires and Werewolves. (Deliberate Twilight bash there.)

[quote name='RollingSkull']Bit on this and then played the demo and promptly canceled the preorder. It felt like a Crackdown reskin... not even a patch to the old Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see that as a bad thing. I loved the shit out of the first Crackdown.

Here's a link to a great video tut on how to get the unlimited time glitch:

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?40730-Crackdown-2-Demo-Unlimited-Time-Glitch

By the way, I really love the demo and am more excited for Crackdown 2 than any other game right now. I only played the first one a bit and thought it was shallow. I find this one to be a subtle but substantial enough improvement over the first. I hope the transforming cars return though, I don't think they are in this one. Anyway, the game rocks!

[quote name='emperordahc']Played the demo last night. Not getting Crackdown 2.

I loved the TAR out of Crackdown 1. Played it co-op w/ a friend all the time and beat the game twice. I still go back and play it.

Crackdown 2 feels like a terrible PC mod of the first. The art style has changed to Crayolla-Throwup-Rainbow. The first was cell-shady, but this is looks like a Wii game and has actually lost some of the effects/filters. The controls/handling doesn't feel right, either. The weapons feel flimsy in this one.

When nighttime came and the zombies came out, I exited out and deleted it. There was the Freaks in the first game, but that was just one boss. They're trying to Me-Too the game into every other Zombie game right now. Next thing we know, they'll have sparkly Vampires and Werewolves. (Deliberate Twilight bash there.)[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.

The generic characters and lack of transforming vehicles doesn't help it much either.

To me, it had all the ingredients to be better than the first, but falls short and just misses that fun factor from the original.

It feels like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 did to the first.

Hey this amazon deal sounds good. I have never pre ordered online and was wondering when will I get billed? DO i get billed right now if I pre order or do they bill me when the game ships in 2 weeks?

[quote name='odogs4']Hey this amazon deal sounds good. I have never pre ordered online and was wondering when will I get billed? DO i get billed right now if I pre order or do they bill me when the game ships in 2 weeks?[/QUOTE]

They bill on ship.

[quote name='eastx']The transforming vehicles in part 1 were cool, but they certainly weren't one of the game's main features.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't care for driving games personally; I had a ton of fun running around on foot and jumping all over buildings in the first one.

I was lucky enough to get this for $50 at one point. With another $10 off and gc's total is $21 with release day delivery. good times.

Also, if it weren't for reposts I wouldn't catch half the deals on CAG. For that I thank you new guy ;)

[quote name='PR Mega X']I fail to see that as a bad thing. I loved the shit out of the first Crackdown.[/QUOTE]
Cuz most people don't want to spend ~60 dollars for a game that feels like a ~15 dollar DLC pack.

Aww doesn't it make your grinchy cheap ass heart swell three sizes bigger to see a bright eyed newbie make his first contribution? Welcome Newbie!

I don't understand the hate, the co-op, which is the best part of the game, has been improved and expanded, the graphics are much sharper, and this game is awesome fun!

I played the demo for about 4 hours last night with 4 friends, and that was way more fun than Red Dead Redemption's free roam.
All of us are buying it on release day.

[quote name='RollingSkull']HOW DARE YOU POST A DEAL!

LEAVE CAG AND NEVER RETURN.

Bit on this and then played the demo and promptly canceled the preorder. It felt like a Crackdown reskin... not even a patch to the old Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

I did the same, but I didn't like it for a different reason. Maybe I don't remember Crackdown 1 very well, or I didn't give this one a good enough shot, but I did not like this one nearly as much as the first. I think the auto aim/controls is what really bothered me, was that in the first one?

my opinion on this game has changed alot...

I loved me some of the first crackdown....

I was excited for this when it FINALLY got announced...

I played it at PAX East and the control scheme they set up sucked and it ruined my fun...

I did the demo and had fun again (except im not sure i like all the new orbs...and hate the ones that run away)...

Im keepin my pre-order at $50 and after gc im pay $20. So to me, thats worth it!

[quote name='PR Mega X']I fail to see that as a bad thing. I loved the shit out of the first Crackdown.[/QUOTE]
You serious? You wanted a return of that awful lock-on system and the game's pathetic on the whole shooting mechanics? The melee system that ensures your super-powered blows feel like throwing paper balls (And a momentum system that ensures you miss most of the time?).

Crackdown 1 was awesome but it needed some upgrades for the sequel. Here, they just slowed your ass down. They didn't fix anything.

I'm locked in for $42.49 ($49.99 guarantee + gold box + eca coupon) + $10 future credit, but I'm still not sure even after playing the demo.

I loved the first Crackdown... I want to believe!~

Game is bland, dull, uninspired, looks worse than the first one with the same clunky controls.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE EXCITED ABOUT IT?

[quote name='nightmare452']Crackdown 2 preorder was at $49.99 at one point (lasted about a day) around March or so (I'm guessing the month). Anyone that preordered before this day is getting it at this price plus all preorder bonuses. Amazon raised it to $55.99 later, which really is too common to make a threat about it. Again welcome to CAG, but we as a community we are wise to this "discounts" and these aren't big enough deals to make threads usually.[/QUOTE]

How do I make sure I get it for the $9.99 price? I preordered back in September last year when it was listed at $59.99 and its still listed as that in the invoice.

Wow the first few posters on this thread really got at DarkPGR for his post. I for one did not see anything about Crackdown 2 specifically that made me see the others thread. This however easily caught my eye. Do we know for sure that Amazon is offering preorder DLC/bonuses besides the $10 credit? I only know of gamestop that is offering any kind of preorder incentive for the game aside from a game discount/credit. I preordered at newegg for $50 with no dlc or credit but if amazon is offering it for only 55 and the dlc and 10 credit I would totally cancel my newegg order and hit up amazon. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='adawg555']How do I make sure I get it for the $9.99 price? I preordered back in September last year when it was listed at $59.99 and its still listed as that in the invoice.[/QUOTE]

Send them a message through CS that you preordered the game in September 2009. Say the price at one point dropped to $49.99 recently and under the pre-order price guarantee they offer with the game, you should only be charged that much.

If they still deny you claiming you're trying to get a post-order price guarantee (as happened with me), say that it is not a post-order price guarantee because it hasn't been released yet and the product page specifically states the pre-order price guarantee.

bread's done
Back