Crackdown $9.99 at Amazon

Indeed. A really under-appreciated title, in my opinion. It gets a bad rap, because of the Halo 3 beta, but it really is a lot of fun. Can't wait for the sequel.

Wow, nice price. Will probably throw this into my Amazon cart when I pre-order some games in a couple days. Hopefully the price lasts until then.

[quote name='Lucian']Wow. Nice price. I may have to pick one up as a gift.

Can anyone comment on the online co-op?[/QUOTE]
The online co-op is still very much alive, and is really fun, IMO its the only way to play it.

[quote name='Lucian']Can anyone comment on the online co-op?[/QUOTE]

It's literally the game: you can play through the entire campaign with a partner. Do note that friendly fire is always on... so, yea.

That said, the game is probably the single best reason to own a 360, and hopefully the sequel lives up to its pedigree.

THanks for the comments, guys. I'm not concerned about friendly fire; I'm usually the one doing it. :) (Unintentionally, of course. I tend to get carried away when there are explosions involved.)

[quote name='Lucian']For anyone interested but not wanting to spend another $15 for FSSS, Newegg also has this for $10 with free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...103043&cm_re=crackdown-_-74-103-043-_-Product

EDIT: For the record, I've played this game, just not in co-op. My bro-in-law finally got a 360 over the weekend, so I'm going to gift this to him so we have another co-op title. Thanks for all the co-op comments.[/QUOTE]

Ahh beat me to it! Newegg has had it for $9.99 w/ free shipping for some time now. Love newegg, usually get things within a day or two of placing an order.

I've always been tempted to pick it up, but never pulled the trigger:twoguns:

This really is a fantastic game, and I highly recommend it.

The only negative about this game is there's only one save file. I wanted to start a new game with my cousin (rather than having his brand new agent trying to keep up with my maxed out agent), but I'd have to lose all my existing data.

[quote name='PR Mega X']This really is a fantastic game, and I highly recommend it.

The only negative about this game is there's only one save file. I wanted to start a new game with my cousin (rather than having his brand new agent trying to keep up with my maxed out agent), but I'd have to lose all my existing data.[/QUOTE]

Memory card?

[quote name='PR Mega X']The only negative about this game is there's only one save file. I wanted to start a new game with my cousin (rather than having his brand new agent trying to keep up with my maxed out agent), but I'd have to lose all my existing data.[/QUOTE]

New Xbox 360 profile? If you're playing via System Link, that shouldn't be a problem. If you plan on playing over XBL, just create a new gamercard as well. You're able to get 1 month of XBL for free from the console itself (limited to 2 or 3 profiles). If you're doing co-op, you shouldn't have much trouble beating the game during the trial period.

Good spot, thanks OP.

Been waiting for a while to pick this up, with Prime and the all important ECA, there's no reason not to.

Yeah unless you're a Prime member, this is cheaper at Newegg with free shipping. From my experience Newegg's free shipping is a bit speedier than Amazon's which is incredibly random (been waiting for Batman:AA a good week and a half now from them).

Achievement completionists be warned, though: those fucking orbs are a pain in the ass, unless you wanna sit there with a map all the time and mark them off.

[quote name='Lucian']Wow. Nice price. I may have to pick one up as a gift.

Can anyone comment on the online co-op?[/QUOTE]

Co op is awesome. I played it about a month ago and it is a blast. The campaign is basically a single player story that you can play with a friend.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Achievement completionists be warned, though: those fucking orbs are a pain in the ass, unless you wanna sit there with a map all the time and mark them off.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I really loved this game, but it was pretty much THE game that made me hate collection achievements. Something like 800 orbs spread out across the city. Still, an excellent title.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Achievement completionists be warned, though: those fucking orbs are a pain in the ass, unless you wanna sit there with a map all the time and mark them off.[/QUOTE]

I loved finding orbs. I never went into it with the intention of finding every last one but there's something strangely addicting about jumping hundreds of feet in the air to get to that shiny orb in the distance. I think I ended up with 60% of the total (whatever I could find in 1 playthrough) but thank god I'm not an achievement whore, otherwise I'd drive myself insane finding all of them.

[quote name='zenintrude']Memory card?[/QUOTE]

I'm cheap.

[quote name='Crono51']New Xbox 360 profile? If you're playing via System Link, that shouldn't be a problem. If you plan on playing over XBL, just create a new gamercard as well. [/QUOTE]

I'm an achievement whore.

It doesn't matter now, he didn't play long before going back to COD. Just pointing out an annoyance (one that hopefully gets fixed in the sequel).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. A really under-appreciated title, in my opinion. It gets a bad rap, because of the Halo 3 beta, but it really is a lot of fun. Can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you have any interest in the concept, buy it. It was every bit as fun as I'd hoped it would be.

My biggest complaint with it is you can't install to drive, I guess because of the Halo demo or whatever, which I had zero interest in.

Before Batman: Arkham Asylum came out, this was basically my favorite current-gen superhero game. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop and throwing cars a city block, with the driver still in the vehicle, never gets old.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, if you have any interest in the concept, buy it. It was every bit as fun as I'd hoped it would be.

My biggest complaint with it is you can't install to drive, I guess because of the Halo demo or whatever, which I had zero interest in.[/QUOTE]

Amazon shows the box art as Platinum Hits. I wonder if you are able to install it to the drive since it's possibly a reprint without the halo beta option?

I bought this game full price and believe it was totally worth it, anyone who doesn't have it should 100% pick it up at $10 it is still on my top 5 360 games out there along with bioshock, batman, dead space, and the NHL series

[quote name='ryanflucas']Amazon shows the box art as Platinum Hits. I wonder if you are able to install it to the drive since it's possibly a reprint without the halo beta option?[/QUOTE]

Heeeeeey, good point! No idea, but it sounds plausible, unless it was something else about it that broke things, or who knows. I *hate* how loud the 360's drive is, and even despite that I loved this game though :)

[quote name='ryanflucas']Amazon shows the box art as Platinum Hits. I wonder if you are able to install it to the drive since it's possibly a reprint without the halo beta option?[/QUOTE]

I believe the problem is caused by the way that the city is streamed from the disc to the hard drive so that there is no loading, not the Halo 3 beta.

I just got my copy from Amazon and it was the non-platinum hits version. There's nothing about a Halo 3 beta on it though so it's not that old

bread's done
Back