Craziest/Funnies thing you've ever heard from an EB/GameStop employee

[quote name='io']
Otherwise I just have the usual issues to deal with like pushed preorders (you always know what's coming when they ask you what systems you own) and the fact that I nearly always have to fill them in about their own deals.[/quote]

You know what would be hilarious would be to say 'Oh I own the best console out'. Now, they'll probably be thinking the PS3 or 360, but you come back with(name OLDDDDDDD SYSTEM, like the Atari 2600).

That would be a 'wtf' moment right there and I could only imagine how slack jawed they would be with your 'best console'. Even better would be if you asked if a game based on the movie ET was coming out for it. :lol:

[quote name='MrCress21']As long as it doesn't stop you from getting your game, you'd be surprised what you can take.
If I hadn't had a copy of that game...well that kid was fuckin dead. In a way, it's not their fault. That company is pretty crazy, but hey we love games and they sell them. We're stuck together.
When I worked there, I had another amusing thing happen - this guy comes in with a pretty gem-mint X-Box (from the outside anyway) that he wants to sell. Now last summer, these were in high demand for some reason.
So I give him I think around $50 for it, but he takes cash and that's 20% less. So I think he's got around $40.
Well, he decides to spend it in the store (I asked him to just put it in credit, but he wanted cash in his hand).
So while he's looking around, I print out a tag for the XBox, bag up the cords and shit and put a $119.99 sticker on that bad boy.
Five minutes later, kid comes in, sees me putting it in the case and buys it.
Dude comes back up to me, says there's nothing else he wants so maybe he should keep his XBox.
Oops.
Maybe not in the spirit of this thread, but funny nonetheless.[/quote]

LOL And this is why you NEVER trade in stuff until you're done browsing the store, since once you sign that paper saying you traded it, it's the store's property now.

Poor slappy.....I won't ever sell my Xboxs, though my PRP is running out on mine in Nov, so I may be looking for a used, complete one that works like shit to use for that purpose, since the PRP doesn't say it HAS to be the one I bought from them. :lol:

[quote name='io']Ah, that's a bit too far out there for me - never been to that one. Seriously, I frequent 6-8 other stores in the Portland area, but not that one :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Blech. How can you stand the idiocy? Haha. The only other ones I go to are EBX in Washington Square (which is surprisingly competent...for the most part) and the Babbages (which is not so competent)

I also visit the Pioneer Square one sometimes when I'm downtown, but since I'm in the burbs I'm not over there much.

Another story I thought of. This kid and his mom came in to trade in his Xbox1 and some games. They offer some amount and the mom is like umm...we're going to go to GC and see how much they give us.

The clerk is like oh wait, "can you...write down the amount on this business card and bring it back. Gamecrazy gives some excessive trade-ins, it's just not business."

She's like "Oh sure, if its less than here I promise we'll come back."

I was in the store for like another 15 minutes...they never came back. And the GC is literally 30 seconds away in a car. Literally. Not exactly dumb, but I enjoyed seeing GS lose their business.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Poor slappy.....I won't ever sell my Xboxs, though my PRP is running out on mine in Nov, so I may be looking for a used, complete one that works like shit to use for that purpose, since the PRP doesn't say it HAS to be the one I bought from them. :lol:[/quote]

That won't work. They print the serial number of the console on the receipt, which is needed to swap the system. So as soon as they notice the serial numbers don't match, they'll deny it.

As for weird, ever had a employee tell you Mech Assault was coming to PS2?

The first rule of thumb is to NEVER call a GS or EB to ask if they have a game in stock from the locator, all you are doing is telling them that they have something good in the store and then the employees wisk it away to that magical employee hold drawer and you will never see it again while it is still showing up on the locator. If you want to go buy something from the locator you have to actually drive to the store to get it.

[quote name='SaraAB']The first rule of thumb is to NEVER call a GS or EB to ask if they have a game in stock from the locator, all you are doing is telling them that they have something good in the store and then the employees wisk it away to that magical employee hold drawer and you will never see it again while it is still showing up on the locator. If you want to go buy something from the locator you have to actually drive to the store to get it.[/quote]

yeah but 90% of the stores that i called that didnt know what was the whole deal with the lumines. if i didnt call them, i would have driven about 150 miles total to all the stores, not a very smart move. the majority of the stores i called had 1 or no copies. about 20% of the stores that had one either just sold their copy or someone already put it on hold. when i went to the store that had 4 copies someone had called in and said that they'll also pick them up as well. of course i beat them to it.

there was 1 store i called that had 8 copies , but they were 80 miles away from new york city. im sure someone made a small fortune out of those like i did with mine (sold each for $40+, my last copy was $48).

Alright I'm old I guess, but here's a couple semi-amusing stories:

1) I worked at a Funcoland years ago during the time when they merged with Gamestop. Anyways this chunky Mario looking guy comes in and trades in some SNES rpgs, he gets the credit slip, walks around looking for some SNES rpgs and decides to buy one of them he just traded in because he couldn't find any others he wanted to play.

2) I got fired because I smarted off to the district manager once when he commented on how poor my cleaner and magazine subscription sales were. I believe I told him it was stupid to have to force something on customers they don't really need or they may already have. Ironically a week or so later he came in and fired most everyone from the store I had like 80% upsales that day or whatever the fuck they were called back then... they called it insubordination. (I want to give a shout out to Doug who may or may not still be working as a DM in Houston, fuck you!!!) HAHA

3) A long long time ago in a glaxay far away, and before I worked there, a buddy of mine from High School worked there. I was talking to him one day and he tells me some kid came in and tried to steal the foam padding around a Virtual Boy they had. The kid took off running and he chased after the kid and tackled him. Subsequently the kids parents were called and the dad beat his kids ass infront of my friend.

i guess i'm a lucky one because i rarely even have gamestop employees mention preordering to me and if they do it's just once and then they drop it. i'm more annoyed by their customer service. everytime i go in their is 3 or more employees behind the counter just bullshitting and only 1 employee ringing customers up. i end up spending 10+ minutes in line waiting to be helped.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']i'm more annoyed by their customer service. everytime i go in their is 3 or more employees behind the counter just bullshitting and only 1 employee ringing customers up. i end up spending 10+ minutes in line waiting to be helped.[/quote]
which brings me sometime ago i see 3 of them behind the counter doing nothing and all of a sudden the guy ringing me up starts throwing the game boxes pretty hard on the counter, and give me this look like hes doing me a big favour. i gave him a bad look but that didnt do anything so i slammed by credit card ontop of the boxes and he has this look like he was about to be eaten. pretty funny. he didnt mention any pre-orders to me after that incident.

I was in a Gamestop two days in a row (My brother asked me to pick up Madden '08 for GC for him). The same clerk who had helped me on Tuesday helped me again on Wed (since they usually have the old PC games I want in the back room). Even though he remembered me and the games I had been looking for the previous day, AND the fact that I did not have a 360 or PS3, he still tried to push Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Heavenly Sword pre-orders on me. Twice in two days!

[quote name='tangytangerine']That won't work. They print the serial number of the console on the receipt, which is needed to swap the system. So as soon as they notice the serial numbers don't match, they'll deny it.

As for weird, ever had a employee tell you Mech Assault was coming to PS2?[/quote]

Well then, I guess I'm going to be calling BB corp, since I swapped out my Xbox I bought on Black Friday about 2-3 days later since the controller sounded like it was gonna fly apart at any second and they told me my extended warranty was STILL good and "covered the Xbox I had at that time"or some such vague statement, which to me is loophole speak for 'ANY fuckin Xbox I decide to bring in'.

We shall see in November though, as I plan on trying(at least) to cash in that PRP on SOME Xbox.

I remember I was in a gamestop and this guy called up and asked for some Naruto game for the PS2. The first naruto game for the ps2 i think. I'm thinking it was like " Naruto Ultimate Ninja ". The guy who called up asked for " Naruto Ultimate Fighter " and the clerk said " no, we don't have it". The guy hung up the phone and said " Naruto Ultimate NInja dumbass". Don't know if it was that game, but it was pretty funny / dickish.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I remember I was in a gamestop and this guy called up and asked for some Naruto game for the PS2. The first naruto game for the ps2 i think. I'm thinking it was like " Naruto Ultimate Ninja ". The guy who called up asked for " Naruto Ultimate Fighter " and the clerk said " no, we don't have it". The guy hung up the phone and said " Naruto Ultimate NInja dumbass". Don't know if it was that game, but it was pretty funny / dickish.[/quote]
How would you feel if you got calls all day asking for wrong titles. Say someone called asking for "Super Mario Sunny Delight" for Gamecube:roll:. Who knows, the kid calling could've been a dick about asking for it.

Iamthecheapestassgamer, the warranty just covers that one system. So as soon as you returned it, the PRP was used up. So expect to fight it in November.

[quote name='tangytangerine']

Iamthecheapestassgamer, the warranty just covers that one system. So as soon as you returned it, the PRP was used up. So expect to fight it in November.[/quote]

Oh I plan on doing just that, since I was told the wrong thing apparently and that it was STILL valid. I may hit a BB and verify that NOW, so I don't have this much hassle in Nov.

[quote name='tangytangerine']How would you feel if you got calls all day asking for wrong titles. Say someone called asking for "Super Mario Sunny Delight" for Gamecube:roll:. Who knows, the kid calling could've been a dick about asking for it.

Iamthecheapestassgamer, the warranty just covers that one system. So as soon as you returned it, the PRP was used up. So expect to fight it in November.[/QUOTE]

Ehh. Some complaints against retail employees aren't warranted...but that's a legitimate complaint. How hard is it to say "Oh you mean Super Mario Sunshine" or "Oh, you mean Naruto Ultimate Ninja?"

Not very.

That employee is a dick for sure and actually should be repremanded. By saying no they don't have it, he basically lost out on a sale.

Also, whats the worst the kid could've said to be a dick? "Hey, do you fucks have Naruto Ultimate Fighter in?" I highly doubt that.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That employee is a dick for sure and actually should be repremanded. By saying no they don't have it, he basically lost out on a sale.[/quote]
If its anything now like it was 5-6 years ago, which I'm positive it is, they don't care. The only thing that matters are upsales and preorders. A regular sale just lowers your percentages and makes you look bad.

Was in an EB games across the street from a Wal Mart Supercenter and joked with my wife about the 9 copies of CSI season one they had instock used. The clerk asked if we needed help and I made a comment how those probably came from the WM across the street. he stated no they couldnt be stolen because "they run all the serial numbers on their products to make sure they arent stolen"......

Walked in today to trade in some PSP games. The employee inspects them, then tells me the games are "too new" and they wont take them...

[quote name='Chuplayer']Me and the guy there were talking about Nintendo 64 and Zelda 64 before Zelda 64 came out. He wasn't a fan.

Him: "I can't stand that joystick."
Me: "But Zelda's gonna be awesome."
Him: "Meh."
Me: "And the gold cart!"
Him: "You wanna make every game for your N64 gold? I can do it for you."
Me: "Really?"
Him: "Yeah. I've just gotta get a can of gold spraypaint from Home Depot."
Me: :|
[/QUOTE]
That's actually funny in a way that all the other stories in this thread are not.

[quote name='life.exe']Walked in today to trade in some PSP games. The employee inspects them, then tells me the games are "too new" and they wont take them...[/quote]

You should know that GS requires games to have at least one skip across a sidewalk before they are acceptable. :D

craziest thing i ever heard from a GS employee was that they could not take trades because they lost their pawn license. Since buying games for $3 and then putting them on the shelves to sell for $30 is their bread and butter, i thought it was pretty dumb not to stay on top of something that important.

Not long ago they changed the sign of from EB to Gamestop at one mall store that I sometimes go to. When it was changed they had some people asking what happened... Well the clerk was trying to seem intelligent and started telling a story. " EB Games and Gamestop were the biggest game stores and were fighting for the same market share and with competition from Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart they got together and decided to merge and that was they would have a bigger market share and not be fighting with each other."

A few years back ign had an April Fool's article about an upcoming virtual boy themed gba sp that played all the games in red and black only and so on. This article was obviously fake and anyone with half a mind would know that. So a couple days after that article was on the ign I'm at a gamestop checking out the gba games and the clerk comes up to me and asks me if I heard about the virtual boy gba sp that was going to be coming out. After his rant I just walked out of the store trying not to laugh.

This old lady walks in and ask the employee, I want to buy a good racing game for playstation 2 for my son (it was christmas). The gamestop employee gives her GTA san andreas LOL

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Not long ago they changed the sign of from EB to Gamestop at one mall store that I sometimes go to. When it was changed they had some people asking what happened... Well the clerk was trying to seem intelligent and started telling a story. " EB Games and Gamestop were the biggest game stores and were fighting for the same market share and with competition from Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart they got together and decided to merge and that was they would have a bigger market share and not be fighting with each other."

.....[/quote]

He probably believes that.

[quote name='asem2006']This old lady walks in and ask the employee, I want to buy a good racing game for playstation 2 for my son (it was christmas). The gamestop employee gives her GTA san andreas LOL[/quote]

Err...an old lady's son is probably like 30, and it is called Grand Theft Auto, so it really isn't that whack(hehe- whack)

[quote name='Techsticles']Alright I'm old I guess, but here's a couple semi-amusing stories:

3) A long long time ago in a glaxay far away, and before I worked there, a buddy of mine from High School worked there. I was talking to him one day and he tells me some kid came in and tried to steal the foam padding around a Virtual Boy they had. The kid took off running and he chased after the kid and tackled him. Subsequently the kids parents were called and the dad beat his kids ass infront of my friend.[/QUOTE]

Funniest video game store story ever.

[quote name='masterofdarkness']If I ever work there I will have my facts straight and not be a total asshole :p[/QUOTE]
That's what you say now but if you ever do end up working there, part of your "training" will be to have your brain lobotomized and replaced with a recording that loops "would you like to pre-order (insert hyped upcoming game)?" True story.

[quote name='life.exe']Walked in today to trade in some PSP games. The employee inspects them, then tells me the games are "too new" and they wont take them...[/QUOTE]

Wuhhh? What does that even mean? You should have rubbed them on your crotch, and then put them back on the counter, saying "How about now?"

the current email 10% off coupon 'is not complete and cannot be accepted' and no he wouldnt even look at it and said i was trying to scam him.

wow, i guess i know who i'm cancelling 3 preorders on

I put $10 on Crackdown about a two months before release. The receipt was faded to begin with, so I stored it in an old sun-light proof ammo container.

Still, it became pretty unreadable. I picked up Crackdown for cheaper, and go into Gamestop about three weeks later.

Me: "I'd like to pick up [game x] and use my store credit from Crackdown. Here's my receipt"

GS: "I can't read your receipt, dude."

Me:" Well can you look it up by telephone number?"

GS:"No, dude. You need a valid receipt to pick up the game. That receipt isn't valid"

Me:"Well, what am I supposed to do, you guys have my money."

GS: "Take better care of your receipts, man.

Me:"Well, can I talk with the DM?"

GS:"That's policy from the DM; I can't do a thing"

Complete bullshit. I got GS Corporate to get me in touch with the DM. He said the only way they could give me credit, was if the order was under my cell phone number and they would call me in-store. Luckily it was. What a wired situation them calling me, standing 5 feet away.

Never went back to that Gamestop.

[quote name='Techsticles']Alright I'm old I guess, but here's a couple semi-amusing stories:

1) I worked at a Funcoland years ago during the time when they merged with Gamestop. Anyways this chunky Mario looking guy comes in and trades in some SNES rpgs, he gets the credit slip, walks around looking for some SNES rpgs and decides to buy one of them he just traded in because he couldn't find any others he wanted to play.

2) I got fired because I smarted off to the district manager once when he commented on how poor my cleaner and magazine subscription sales were. I believe I told him it was stupid to have to force something on customers they don't really need or they may already have. Ironically a week or so later he came in and fired most everyone from the store I had like 80% upsales that day or whatever the fuck they were called back then... they called it insubordination. (I want to give a shout out to Doug who may or may not still be working as a DM in Houston, fuck you!!!) HAHA

3) A long long time ago in a glaxay far away, and before I worked there, a buddy of mine from High School worked there. I was talking to him one day and he tells me some kid came in and tried to steal the foam padding around a Virtual Boy they had. The kid took off running and he chased after the kid and tackled him. Subsequently the kids parents were called and the dad beat his kids ass infront of my friend.[/quote]

:applause: First story is great, lmfao.

One time I was at GS with my friend. He was trading in some games because he needed something to play. He was trading in FF12 CE and the asian dude behind the counter was like "no way your trading this is man! I can't believe it!". It was like a 5 minute back and forth thing debating my friend NOT to trade in FF12.

Another time this prick worker was showing off to the asian dude (who was probably a noob worker) about how many preorders he gets and how good he is on XBL. Funny too cause I haven't seen the guy since, LOL. He probably got fired.

Another time at this ghetto in da hood GS, I had to wait 20 minutes in line for Armored Core PSP. there was like 6 people working there, but only one person at the counter. One black dude who was working there was hitting on some chicks and like 3 employees were in front checking out some car. Meanwhile the GS is packed to hell. It was probably the most ghetto GS ever. Games were on the floor, stacks of games everywhere. It was a mess.

I go in to a few as often as I can.. I remember picking up Balder's gate dark alliance 2 for the xbox.. and i was purchasing, inspected the disc (no scratches or anything) and was pushed for the warrenty was told "i'm never going to see another one again you should get the warrenty" I told him "i'm an adult I think I can handle disc based media by myself thanks by no thanks"..

another time I was purchasing midway arcade treasures 2.. it was a few years ago.. but i've always had a beard , i'm pretty obviously over 18 (i think i was around 20 at the time) anyways, i was talking to the clerk before i bought it how "i loved Mortal Kombat in the arcades i cant wait to play it again.. " and i got ID'd.. it was kinda weird.. i never got ID'd for a game before..

and finally this one comes from my girlfriend.. she was in NC and I was in UT and I told her she should go find Marvel Vs Capcom 2.. and she went to a gamestop or something and asked the clerks and they pretty much laughed at her saying "you're never going to find one again" and everytime we go into a used game store now and find one we are sure to mention it..

Taking in 3 ps2 games (including rare edition of Xenosaga 1) and 10 dvds and getting offered a grand total of ...$18 dollars for them...I was trading in for WOW:TBC and was totally hooked at that time that I almost took them up on it; althought I had...like no money on me... :drool:

I worked at a mom & pops video game store about 8-9 years ago when I was in High School. We were mall based so parents would drop their kids off at the mall during summer and play our PS2 & Dreamcast kiosks all day long. We had them all connected to one power strip and to be a dick I would occasinally unplug the system when we noticed they had been playing for way too long or was getting very involved. The kids would say "Hey, it turned off." & I'd replay with something like, "Yeah, somtimes it shuts down when the system gets too hot."

At the same store we had alot of regular customers and some where plain freaks. We constantly had an odd couple with their son come in. I think the kid didn't go to school cause he was as dumb as bricks. But this was when the Pokemon card craze was hot and they got perminatly removed from the mall cause they were scamming little kids out of their Pokemon cards. They were always real shaddy people and the father would constantly ask me if I had an idea for an invention to tell him and he could get the rights to make it and we could split the profits.

Lastly we had one of those real annoying geeks that constantly came in but never bought anything. The guy was like 6 foot tall, weighed about 300 lbs and had the most annoying rat tail hair cut. I just wanted to clip the stupid looking thing off. Anyways he came in and constantly would lie about random shit for no reason. One of my favorite lies he told me was that his uncle made all the Final Fantasy music. So I asked him, "So your uncle is Nobu Uematsu" and said, "Yeah but I call him uncle Kevin." He later told me uncle Kevin married a Japanese girl and it was their culture if you're international that you must change your name to a Japanese name.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I worked at a mom & pops video game store about 8-9 years ago when I was in High School. We were mall based so parents would drop their kids off at the mall during summer and play our PS2 & Dreamcast kiosks all day long. We had them all connected to one power strip and to be a dick I would occasinally unplug the system when we noticed they had been playing for way too long or was getting very involved. The kids would say "Hey, it turned off." & I'd replay with something like, "Yeah, somtimes it shuts down when the system gets too hot."

At the same store we had alot of regular customers and some where plain freaks. We constantly had an odd couple with their son come in. I think the kid didn't go to school cause he was as dumb as bricks. But this was when the Pokemon card craze was hot and they got perminatly removed from the mall cause they were scamming little kids out of their Pokemon cards. They were always real shaddy people and the father would constantly ask me if I had an idea for an invention to tell him and he could get the rights to make it and we could split the profits.

Lastly my we had one of those real annoying geeks that constantly came in but never bought anything. The guy was like 6 foot tall, weighed about 300 lbs and had the most annoying rat tail hair cut. I just wanted to clip the stupid looking thing off. Anyways the came in an constantly would lie about random shit for no reason. One of my favorite lies he told me was that his uncle made all the Final Fantasy music. So I asked him, "So your uncle is Nobu Uematsu" and said, "Yeah but I call him uncle Kevin." He later told me uncle Kevin married a Japanese girl and it was their culture if you're international that you must change your name to a Japanese name.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahaha. I don't care if its not a GS story, but I think we have a winner.

Me: hey id like to return this copy of Vampire Rain, i didnt open it
GS Employee: Sorry dude you cant return new games
GS Manager: Yes you can you fag, dont you ever pay attention you lazy ass?

Lastly we had one of those real annoying geeks that constantly came in but never bought anything. The guy was like 6 foot tall, weighed about 300 lbs and had the most annoying rat tail hair cut. I just wanted to clip the stupid looking thing off. Anyways he came in and constantly would lie about random shit for no reason. One of my favorite lies he told me was that his uncle made all the Final Fantasy music. So I asked him, "So your uncle is Nobu Uematsu" and said, "Yeah but I call him uncle Kevin." He later told me uncle Kevin married a Japanese girl and it was their culture if you're international that you must change your name to a Japanese name.[/quote]

Comic Book Guy!:D

[quote name='mxpowar']That's what you say now but if you ever do end up working there, part of your "training" will be to have your brain lobotomized and replaced with a recording that loops "would you like to pre-order (insert hyped upcoming game)?" True story.[/quote] Nah I'd kick their ass if they tried...

Well I work there and I'm about to leave with this upcoming tuesday being my last day (w00t).

Regardless, so many weird ass customers walk in and I will admit some of my co-workers are idiots when it comes to policy and common sense on video games. The other day some guy asked if he new HDMI port 360 Premiums were out and my employee blatanly said it was only the Elite about 4 times to the guy. I always have to but in and fix the situation with the correct information. I understand all of your situations you had with many of the locations. I visited a few myself and despise a good chunk of them.

Our best customer in the sense of not being the best is this one we named CODE BOY. He's in his 40s and comes in with we assume his wife. He always looks at the same games and talks to himself.

CB: THRILLVILLE? BEAT IT......DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!!!"

Then he will continue to walk around the store doing this and yellingout that same exact phrase, but with a different game.

Now why we call him CODE BOY. Everytime he comes in for the past 3 years, he always tells us the same 2 codes.

CB: Hey, you play Castlevania?
EMP 1: I gotta get something in the back
EMP 2: No.
CB: WELL, YOU CAN DOUBLE JUMP LIKE INTO OTHER LEVELS AND GET THESE SUPER POWERS THAT DESTROY EVERYTHING AND YOU CAN DOUBLE JUMP AND....(insert more BS here)

or the other code.

CB: IN SOCOM 3, I GOT THIS CODE WHERE YOU CAN SHOOT SOMEONE FROM A MILE AWAY!!!! I SHOT SOMEONE 15 LEVELS AHEAD OF ME IN THE LAST LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!

If there are 2 employees on the floor, one will always leave the other to suffer.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Well I work there and I'm about to leave with this upcoming tuesday being my last day (w00t).

Regardless, so many weird ass customers walk in and I will admit some of my co-workers are idiots when it comes to policy and common sense on video games. The other day some guy asked if he new HDMI port 360 Premiums were out and my employee blatanly said it was only the Elite about 4 times to the guy. I always have to but in and fix the situation with the correct information. I understand all of your situations you had with many of the locations. I visited a few myself and despise a good chunk of them.

Our best customer in the sense of not being the best is this one we named CODE BOY. He's in his 40s and comes in with we assume his wife. He always looks at the same games and talks to himself.

CB: THRILLVILLE? BEAT IT......DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!!!"

Then he will continue to walk around the store doing this and yellingout that same exact phrase, but with a different game.

Now why we call him CODE BOY. Everytime he comes in for the past 3 years, he always tells us the same 2 codes.

CB: Hey, you play Castlevania?
EMP 1: I gotta get something in the back
EMP 2: No.
CB: WELL, YOU CAN DOUBLE JUMP LIKE INTO OTHER LEVELS AND GET THESE SUPER POWERS THAT DESTROY EVERYTHING AND YOU CAN DOUBLE JUMP AND....(insert more BS here)

or the other code.

CB: IN SOCOM 3, I GOT THIS CODE WHERE YOU CAN SHOOT SOMEONE FROM A MILE AWAY!!!! I SHOT SOMEONE 15 LEVELS AHEAD OF ME IN THE LAST LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!

If there are 2 employees on the floor, one will always leave the other to suffer.[/quote]
haha that sucks

^ Where I worked we also had special names for the usual odd ball customers.

Nerd Guy: Very Quite, rarely spoke, he was about 40 years old. He was a good customer and very loyal to us, however sometimes he asked the most random questions like, "Didn't the last boss of Grandia 1 have more HP than the last boss of Grandia 2?" He never looked you in the eye and was always rocking back and forth, he would often point at stuff he wasn't even looking at which confused me. I think he had autism. For some reason we created a myth that he visited the woods and ate bacon with squirrels.

Stubbles: This guy always had a five o'clock shadow and came in with with his gf alot. He always looked like he hadn't taken a shower in a week. He rarely ever bought anything and when he did he would try to bring it in just a day or two later claiming it didn't work. The first time we gave him his money back since we couldn't replace it. But the second time I knew he was lying. He was trying to return Draconus for the DC, he claimed it frooze at the memory card screen. I told him we could replace it and he didn't want to cause he was scared the same problem would happen again. I quickly hooked up a DC, popped the game in and showed him it worked fine on ours and it must be his system or VMU. After about 5 minutes of arguing he finally brooke down and said he just didn't want it and he didn't like the game. I told him that's not a valid reason to return something and said I could give him trade-in credit. He didn't like it, but he had to take it. I won :)

Convertable Kid: He was about 9 years old, he had a lisp and was obsesed with DBZ. We carried those PS1 DBZ imports with the Game Wizard to play imports on your American PS1. The DBZ games & Game Wizards were very expensive at the time so he could never buy one, but he always came in an asked about them. Since he had a lisp he didn't call the Game Wizards "Converters" but "Convertables" hence his name. It was hard for me not to laugh everytime he came in asked, "Do you stwill hawve the convertables?" He thought these games were the greatest in the world just cause it was DBZ. He couldn't have been more far from the truth. I was such an a-hole when I was younger, making fun of little kids with lisps. :cry:

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I put $10 on Crackdown about a two months before release. The receipt was faded to begin with, so I stored it in an old sun-light proof ammo container.

Still, it became pretty unreadable. I picked up Crackdown for cheaper, and go into Gamestop about three weeks later.

Me: "I'd like to pick up [game x] and use my store credit from Crackdown. Here's my receipt"

GS: "I can't read your receipt, dude."

Me:" Well can you look it up by telephone number?"

GS:"No, dude. You need a valid receipt to pick up the game. That receipt isn't valid"

Me:"Well, what am I supposed to do, you guys have my money."

GS: "Take better care of your receipts, man.

Me:"Well, can I talk with the DM?"

GS:"That's policy from the DM; I can't do a thing"

Complete bullshit. I got GS Corporate to get me in touch with the DM. He said the only way they could give me credit, was if the order was under my cell phone number and they would call me in-store. Luckily it was. What a wired situation them calling me, standing 5 feet away.

Never went back to that Gamestop.[/quote]

I swear, I think Best Buy AND Gamestop use invisible or disappearing ink on their receipts, since even the receipts from Circuit City I have somewhere around here in this mess from 2 years ago are still legible.

Then again, I keep all my receipts stacked on top of one another on my one dresser, so that could be it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']^ Where I worked we also had special names for the usual odd ball customers.

Nerd Guy: Very Quite, rarely spoke, he was about 40 years old. He was a good customer and very loyal to us, however sometimes he asked the most random questions like, "Didn't the last boss of Grandia 1 have more HP than the last boss of Grandia 2?" He never looked you in the eye and was always rocking back and forth, he would often point at stuff he wasn't even looking at which confused me. I think he had autism. For some reason we created a myth that he visited the woods and ate bacon with squirrels.

Stubbles: This guy always had a five o'clock shadow and came in with with his gf alot. He always looked like he hadn't taken a shower in a week. He rarely ever bought anything and when he did he would try to bring it in just a day or two later claiming it didn't work. The first time we gave him his money back since we couldn't replace it. But the second time I knew he was lying. He was trying to return Draconus for the DC, he claimed it frooze at the memory card screen. I told him we could replace it and he didn't want to cause he was scared the same problem would happen again. I quickly hooked up a DC, popped the game in and showed him it worked fine on ours and it must be his system or VMU. After about 5 minutes of arguing he finally brooke down and said he just didn't want it and he didn't like the game. I told him that's not a valid reason to return something and said I could give him trade-in credit. He didn't like it, but he had to take it. I won :)

Convertable Kid: He was about 9 years old, he had a lisp and was obsesed with DBZ. We carried those PS1 DBZ imports with the Game Wizard to play imports on your American PS1. The DBZ games & Game Wizards were very expensive at the time so he could never buy one, but he always came in an asked about them. Since he had a lisp he didn't call the Game Wizards "Converters" but "Convertables" hence his name. It was hard for me not to laugh everytime he came in asked, "Do you stwill hawve the convertables?" He thought these games were the greatest in the world just cause it was DBZ. He couldn't have been more far from the truth. I was such an a-hole when I was younger, making fun of little kids with lisps. :cry:[/quote]
I'd laugh too, if he spit on someone else XDXDXDXDXD

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I swear, I think Best Buy AND Gamestop use invisible or disappearing ink on their receipts, since even the receipts from Circuit City I have somewhere around here in this mess from 2 years ago are still legible.

Then again, I keep all my receipts stacked on top of one another on my one dresser, so that could be it.[/quote]
They use something called "thermal receipts" I think, which are cheaper for the company to buy but at worse for the consumer because they wear out. FYE uses the same ones I believe.

Also, once I saw a kid ask for Dragonball Z Budokai 3 and the guy kept insisting they had no new copies left (even though I saw one on the shelf) and they said all they have is the used one.

And I had an employee walk up to me, acting nice and then trying to get me to pre-order Halo 3 legendary, saying it's going to be worth hundreds of dollars on eBay one day. Yeah, I'm sure of it.

bread's done
Back