Crimson Gem Saga $20 used at gamestop

I doubt anyone will find this in a Gamestop used...Most people will likely have trouble finding a brand new copy of the game.

That's true. Only reason I noticed it was because it was in stock earlier on the website. They had an unusual amount of rare games available online yesterday before the b2g1 sale started.

[quote name='Kush']I doubt anyone will find this in a Gamestop used...Most people will likely have trouble finding a brand new copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can order them new from Gamestop.com for $29.99 each. The cart will let you add up to 100.

[quote name='doodofdoods']That's true. Only reason I noticed it was because it was in stock earlier on the website. They had an unusual amount of rare games available online yesterday before the b2g1 sale started.[/QUOTE]

probally a problem with their site.. it happen a few weeks back..ordered a few games and all of them are on backorder .... would of been nice to grab this at 10.. since i have 10 buck off coupon

Oh crap, I figured I could skip on this one and find it later for cheaper.

Really that rare? A lot of people say Atlus games get "rare", but they really don't unless you can't buy things online. Only Atlus older titles get rare, like DDS2, since it hasn't been reprinted yet.

So will it get rare, or just more "rare" hype?

Amazon has them new for $30. They're not shipping for 2-3 weeks, but still.

BarnesAndNoble.com has it in stock and it says it ships within 24 hours from Gamestop. GQD has it as well.

Doesn't look like this one will be readily available much longer. It's a turn based RPG, so it's now on my radar.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Why pay taxes & shipping at GS/EB. You can get it at Amazon with free shipping :)[/QUOTE]

You can get free shipping from GS/EB, of course, and some people might want to use their EB/GS credit (even if it means paying tax) rather than real money, if they don't have enough Amazon credit. Both are good options to have.

Is the release date listed on Amazon correct? May 26th, 2009? As in less than a month ago? And it's so rare that people are already worried about being able to get it? Wow. I've heard of limited releases before, of course, but that's kind of crazy.

Damn. I'm planning to get a PSP soon, mainly to play RPGs. Is this one good enough that I need to rush to pick it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Is the release date listed on Amazon correct? May 26th, 2009? As in less than a month ago? And it's so rare that people are already worried about being able to get it? Wow. I've heard of limited releases before, of course, but that's kind of crazy.

Damn. I'm planning to get a PSP soon, mainly to play RPGs. Is this one good enough that I need to rush to pick it up?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the date is correct, I pre-ordered and got the game around that time.

[quote name='newlu']Yes, the date is correct, I pre-ordered and got the game around that time.[/QUOTE]

So is it really that rare and out-of-print already, or are people just being overly paranoid?

Seems like people are being paranoid. Amazon and newegg have it being in stock shortly meaning new shipment and gs rarely restocks smaller titles

Atlus recently came out with quite a few rpgs for the ds/psp, it was probably difficult for them to gauge which ones would do well or not. I imagine atlus has gone back to press to meet demand.
psp games rarely reach rare status though

I imported the Asia version a long time ago from play-asia because I wanted a PSP RPG and I heard that the translation was horribly funny, and it is.

I am curious if the translation was worked on.

Ya, I only got so paranoid because my GS still has a bunch of Atlus' recently released stuff, but they don't have this one for about 50 miles from where I live.

yeah. Dark Spire was OOS at amazon. it wasn't even the order now or back order deal and prices went to mid $30s +. Then amazon came back and priced it at $22. It is currently $28.

I am not too worry, Crimson Gem Saga was in my quick pick a few time. I will probably pick it up the next time it shows up.

I did a site-to-store from Walmart a few weeks back since no Gamestop had it in stock (not even by Fri-Sat of release week like they usually do with smaller games). I love old-skool RPGs - I prefer the first few FF games, Chronotrigger, even Tales of Vesperia - and this is a fine reason to bust out my rarely used PSP.

Does anyone know if Best Buy carries this? I can't find it on their site, but I swear I saw this game somewhere recently (the cover art looks very familiar), and that's the only place I've really looked at PSP games. Wish I could find it on the site, so I could check store stock before going looking for it.

Yeah none within 100 miles of me here in Southern California. I just bought it off Amazon but I'm not going to get it until probably the first week in July.

It released on May 26, 09 and now is OOS most places or possible OOP ?? Seem like i must spend full $30 on this $ucker b4 it getting hard to find later on :(

So have they not printed barely any of this or have they just not shipped all of their prints out to stores?

[quote name='Josef']This and Steal Princess have been a bitch for me to find.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Atlus said that Steal Princess would be available at even fewer retailers than normal. I got my copy off of Amazon and have never seen one for sale at a physical location.

This is pretty bad news about Crimson Gem Saga, though. I just got a PSP two weeks ago and, while interested in the game, decided to put it off because I already had a small backlog of essential PSP games I'd gotten at different places on clearance long before I got the system. I really don't want to have to buy yet another game just to throw it on the backlog, but it looks like Atlus is going back to really limited print in some cases.

I was hoping that stuff like My World, My Way was just an anomaly (after all, it was supposedly a reskinned-for-girls version of Master of the Monster Lair, which saw a quick drop in price and is still easy to find) but I guess they got burned with all the copies of Draglade, Izuna 2, Baroque etc. piling up. Will seek out and settle for a gutted Gamestop copy of CGS if I happen upon one, I suppose.

The online store locator has been wonky at GS for the last few months. Some games that have been out for a bit do not show up "used" using the store locator, i.e. GH: Metallica.

I've noticed that a few GS's I've been to in NYC have Crimson Gem Saga in stock, but, again, online store locator shows nothing.

At this point, your best bet is to ask someone at GS to check if any GSs in the area have the game used in-stock.

[quote name='Poor2More']This is my top RPG for PSP easily, even over crisis core, and Im a Final fantasy 7 fan.[/QUOTE]
What made you like it so much?

I'm SO happy that I pre-ordered this from Amazon. Crimson Gem Saga is an amazing PSP RPG. I have to completely agree with Poor2More, I've found this game to be far more engaging than the recent efforts on Square Enix's part -- by a long shot.

The best 27.58 I've spent in a long time.

[quote name='arcane93']Does anyone know if Best Buy carries this? I can't find it on their site, but I swear I saw this game somewhere recently (the cover art looks very familiar), and that's the only place I've really looked at PSP games. Wish I could find it on the site, so I could check store stock before going looking for it.[/QUOTE]

in Atlus email, it announced that the game is available at select retailer.
they listed

amazon.com
amazon.ca
gamestop store and online
walmart online only
gamecrazy in store only
gamefly

so guessing bestbuy probably didn't order an order with them, or significant quantity.

Just so everybody knows, the online search function has been disabled for newer releases, that's why you haven't been seeing any new games in your area. It seems the game venders are responsible for this. They are putting pressure on Gamestop to sell new products first. They may even disable the feature all together so lets keep our fingers crossed. I mean without the search feature, it will be next to impossible to track down hard to find titles.

[quote name='tylerdurden10']Just so everybody knows, the online search function has been disabled for newer releases, that's why you haven't been seeing any new games in your area. It seems the game venders are responsible for this. They are putting pressure on Gamestop to sell new products first. They may even disable the feature all together so lets keep our fingers crossed. I mean without the search feature, it will be next to impossible to track down hard to find titles.[/QUOTE]

Call up or go to the store and ask??

I'm thinking that the search feature is great for lazy and shy people. I'm exactly the same way.

Part of the issue with this title was Gamestop didn't even have it for preorder in store (if i remember the Gaf thread correctly), so its not surprising it is difficult to find. Order it from Amazon. That is what I did and got it in 6 days despite the 2-3 week back order.

I ordered it from Amazon as well about 2 weeks ago. I too got the 2-3 weeks message, but managed to get a copy of it shipped within 4-5 days from ordering. I would recommend getting it now before it becomes rare. I already looked locally for the game, but to no avail....

It looks like Crimson Gem Saga and Class of Heroes had very few copies made, presumably because they're PSP games. I preordered Class of Heroes, and I still haven't gotten it, two weeks after its release. As for CGS, it is a very good game - beautiful graphics, great voice acting, classic turn-based battles, and some nicely-done humor.

[quote name='Zbornak']It looks like Crimson Gem Saga and Class of Heroes had very few copies made, presumably because they're PSP games. I preordered Class of Heroes, and I still haven't gotten it, two weeks after its release. As for CGS, it is a very good game - beautiful graphics, great voice acting, classic turn-based battles, and some nicely-done humor.[/QUOTE]

Class of Heroes is available from Newegg at the moment. I find it funny that you preordered it and haven't gotten it and I'm receiving it from Gamefly tomorrow. Maybe I should keep it...IDK....

[quote name='iRent']Class of Heroes is available from Newegg at the moment. I find it funny that you preordered it and haven't gotten it and I'm receiving it from Gamefly tomorrow. Maybe I should keep it...IDK....[/QUOTE]

i got it from gamefly last week.... Did not care for it and it went back a few days later... I was hoping it would of been a great game but it was a major pain in the ass to play..

If one of your people gets killed it cost like 10 gold to bring them back, YET many of the monsters do not give gold.. Its just a major pain in the ass hard game until you get about 10 hours into it , but most people will give up way before that

[quote name='Zbornak']It looks like Crimson Gem Saga and Class of Heroes had very few copies made, presumably because they're PSP games. I preordered Class of Heroes, and I still haven't gotten it, two weeks after its release. As for CGS, it is a very good game - beautiful graphics, great voice acting, classic turn-based battles, and some nicely-done humor.[/QUOTE]

Where did you pre-order from? I will agree that they had a more limited run than many PSP games, but they aren't sold out anywhere just yet and I know that Amazon and Gamestop both have a bunch more copies on the way from Atlus of CGS.

Yes, that is weird, I had my copy of Class of heroes last Friday.

[quote name='Dezuria']^ You get drops that you sell for gold.[/QUOTE]

Yea but this is at least how my stuff worked (unless i did not go far enough in)

Fight a monster you get ITEM...

you then have to APPRASE the item before you sell it...

Item app. cost 1 gold

Item sell cost 1 gold

so you make nothing so its a no gain

at least everything i was getting in drops said i could not sell it till the items were apprased and the items cost the same as it did to get them that

I'm having no luck finding this here. Neither game crazy store, nor the gamestops in town got this game. I might just have to order online from amazon.

bread's done
Back