Crimson Gem Saga $20 used at gamestop

Apparently the store locator on the Gamestop website just isn't very accurate, because it said there were no copies of Crimson Gem Saga at any stores within 100 miles of me, but I stopped in at a nearby store today and found it right away. Picked it up in the buy 2 get 1 free sale too, so it came out to just over $13 for it. Now I just need Amazon to hurry up and process my trade-ins, so that I get the credit to get my PSP!

Something I've noticed about GS locator thing is that for used copies of newer games, it seems to always say none are available.

Said that about Wanted, but when I went to GS they had at least 3 used copies.

How reliable is asking the employees in the store to check if there are copies at other stores in your town? I'm just wondering if they just go to the gamestop website, or do they have something more accurate?

I used the GS locator thing last night and it said nowhere in the whole city of Denver. I went to the Colorado Mills mall GS and they actually had one that wasn't gutted!!?! fuck ? That doesn't ever happen! They also had class of heroes as well! I had to refrain from getting it for now.

So everyone should not use the locator thing on the site. Go into the store and ask and if they don't have them look in the computer.

I also scored a NR Mint copy of ICO today for $19.99!!!! fuck 'in good weekend of finds!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I used the GS locator thing last night and it said nowhere in the whole city of Denver. I went to the Colorado Mills mall GS and they actually had one that wasn't gutted!!?! fuck ? That doesn't ever happen! They also had class of heroes as well! I had to refrain from getting it for now.

So everyone should not use the locator thing on the site. Go into the store and ask and if they don't have them look in the computer.

I also scored a NR Mint copy of ICO today for $19.99!!!! fuck 'in good weekend of finds![/QUOTE]

Ya, people's best bet is calling and asking. (Huh, this is usually frowned up on here and SD, but...) The locator works for crap. It said none in 100 miles of where I live, but the GS employee said there was one about 40 miles away, still too far, but at least I know.

[quote name='bojay1997']Where did you pre-order from? I will agree that they had a more limited run than many PSP games, but they aren't sold out anywhere just yet and I know that Amazon and Gamestop both have a bunch more copies on the way from Atlus of CGS.[/QUOTE]

Normally, I preorder everything from Gamestop, but they weren't accepting preorders for Class of Heroes, so I preordered from GameCrazy. They still haven't gotten it in yet, and I've read in other forums that I'm not the only one still waiting. I would just buy it someone else, but I haven't found it anywhere else locally. I noticed that NewEgg has it for $37 with free shipping, so I think I'll give GameCrazy until Monday and then just order it online.

Anyone looking for a copy, check Play-N-Trade if you have any nearby. FINALLY found a copy of it there last night. Unfortunately, I also found a lot of other shit there. Spent over $150. Their prices are ALL over the map, but the cheap is pretty damn cheap. Picked up Legendary new for $15 and Battle Fantasia new for $20. Far cheaper than anywhere else I'm aware of on those. Very impressed with the local one. I'd never been before.

[quote name='mietha']Anyone looking for a copy, check Play-N-Trade if you have any nearby. FINALLY found a copy of it there last night. Unfortunately, I also found a lot of other shit there. Spent over $150. Their prices are ALL over the map, but the cheap is pretty damn cheap. Picked up Legendary new for $15 and Battle Fantasia new for $20. Far cheaper than anywhere else I'm aware of on those. Very impressed with the local one. I'd never been before.[/QUOTE]

Not to get too far off topic but Play N Trade is great. I got a platinum gamecube for $20 and got a RE: Code Veronica for the cube for $20 as well :)

Made me very happy to get a cube again (my sis is borrowing my Wii currently). And it helped me to complete my RE collection on the cube as well.

I've had similar experiences with the Gamestop locater, for both Klonoa Wii and Crimson Gem Saga it told me that there were no products in my area and yet it turned out when I went into a nearby store they actually still had the display copies left.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ya, people's best bet is calling and asking. (Huh, this is usually frowned up on here and SD, but...) The locator works for crap. It said none in 100 miles of where I live, but the GS employee said there was one about 40 miles away, still too far, but at least I know.[/QUOTE]

Well, calling and asking is bad for deals, but I don't see why it would be an issue just to find out whether they have a normal, everyday item in stock before you drive there to get it.

It suck's that the online store locator doesn't work with newer releases (new or used). It's nice to know if a GS in a certain area has a game in-stock or not. I hate going around to different GS's blindly hoping they have a certain game I want...unless I am going to a GS to just see what they have in stock. Yes, I can always ask a clerk in a store...but that can get annoying.

I finally picked up my copy of CGS and Class of Heroes on Friday. I think they will sit shrinkwrapped for a while as I slog through my backlog of games.

[quote name='tylerdurden10']Just so everybody knows, the online search function has been disabled for newer releases, that's why you haven't been seeing any new games in your area. It seems the game venders are responsible for this. They are putting pressure on Gamestop to sell new products first. They may even disable the feature all together so lets keep our fingers crossed. I mean without the search feature, it will be next to impossible to track down hard to find titles.[/QUOTE]

Good to know... but FWIW I've checked probably 4 or 5 Gamestop's around my town and no one has any new or used copies of it. I don't think it's JUST the locator...

Still waiting for my Amazon copy to ship, from my order placed almost two weeks ago.... I just hope it DOES ship eventually! Usually Amazon is much quicker than their estimates.

The inventory locator they use in-store can still locate used copies of newer games. I had an employee look this game up for me yesterday and was informed there were 2 stores in my state that had new copies. The nearest used copy wasn't even in the state though...

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon has them new for $30. They're not shipping for 2-3 weeks, but still.

BarnesAndNoble.com has it in stock and it says it ships within 24 hours from Gamestop. GQD has it as well.

Doesn't look like this one will be readily available much longer. It's a turn based RPG, so it's now on my radar.[/QUOTE]

GQD doesn't have it. They just sent me a back-ordered email, though they still show the game in-stock on their website.

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon has them new for $30. They're not shipping for 2-3 weeks, but still.

BarnesAndNoble.com has it in stock and it says it ships within 24 hours from Gamestop. GQD has it as well.

Doesn't look like this one will be readily available much longer. It's a turn based RPG, so it's now on my radar.[/QUOTE]

GQD doesn't have it. They just sent me a back-ordered email, though they still show the game in-stock on their website.

Straight from the horse's mouth

Manly Biceps
Administrator
Site Admin

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vherub
why is this game difficult to find instore and online? Is there another printing coming?

There was higher initial demand than some retailers were expecting, and it was compounded by shipping problems, and a non-postal holiday. So, once word got out that all the online sources had dried up, people started snapping up all the scant few they were sporadically seeing.

There are actually (some) more copies on the way, so don't despair if you haven't gotten one yet. You'll still have a shot at getting your Crimson on without having to pay the eBay tax.

bread's done
Back