Crysis Warhead $16.99 @ Best Buy

Mr_Vanderbilt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looking for christmas gifts and ran across this today! It was still $29.99 in system, but the clerk adjusted it to match the price tag.

Thought it was a "re-tag" at first, but all of the copies were tagged at this price. Not bad for a game that's still fairly new.

I love the reviews on amazon because of the MASSIVE DRM DAMAGE! It's like a giant grab infested game with all that DRM.

Aside from that, is the game any good?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I love the reviews on amazon because of the MASSIVE DRM DAMAGE! It's like a giant grab infested game with all that DRM.

Aside from that, is the game any good?[/quote]

its more of the same with performance improvements so if you liked crysis then its worth a purchase.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Man, I would get it but the whole Securom thing scares me.[/quote]

Don't let it. Mack's kind of a nut about that, but really, it's not going to kill you.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Don't let it. Mack's kind of a nut about that, but really, it's not going to kill you.[/QUOTE]

It can potentially ruin your disk drive and some programs. I experienced it before. It's probably not as bad as before, but I rather not run the risk of the hassle.

Dropped fast, my friend just picked it up last week for $20.

[quote name='brighenne']lolwut?[/quote]

SecuROM can destroy disk drives, just as Sony's Toolkit has once before.

DRM is becoming more and more prevalent and really needs to stop. It's a waste, the pirates are going to pirate and it's just hurting honest customers.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I still want the first Crysis![/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too...If only my pc could run it the way it was meant to be....

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Don't let it. Mack's kind of a nut about that, but really, it's not going to kill you.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, but as mentioned it can cause issues, and more importantly, it turns this into a rental.

$17 for a rental is a rip off. I *might* bite if it hits $3 or less, but it's not worth more than that to me.

I should have bought the original (which didn't have activation) when it was on sale for $20 last year. I knew it would be a while before I had hardware for it, and figured "oh, it'll hit that price again", but...

[quote name='Mr_Vanderbilt']Looking for christmas gifts and ran across this today! It was still $29.99 in system, but the clerk adjusted it to match the price tag.

Thought it was a "re-tag" at first, but all of the copies were tagged at this price. Not bad for a game that's still fairly new.[/quote]

Still $29.99 on the BB website. This looks like a YMMV to me until it's confirmed by someone at a different store.

The $19.99 price was an advertised sale from 11/2 to 11/8.

[quote name='BarryC']SecuROM can destroy disk drives, just as Sony's Toolkit has once before.

DRM is becoming more and more prevalent and really needs to stop. It's a waste, the pirates are going to pirate and it's just hurting honest customers.[/quote]

Who has been hurt by Crysis, Fallout, Spore, or any recent game with drm? The last I've heard of people being hurt by DRM was Sony's rootkit. It's more prevalent but it's not as invasive.

bread's done
Back