Crysis with Bonus Pre-Order $39.90

Too bad it's not on the 360...

Quick question, so... if people couldn't play S.T.A.LK.E.R. how are they gonna play this game? xD

[quote name='VipFREAK']Too bad it's not on the 360...

Quick question, so... if people couldn't play S.T.A.LK.E.R. how are they gonna play this game? xD[/quote]

STALKER isn't optimized as it could've been.

As for Crysis, save that $10 now and cash in for that $300 videocard later.

[quote name='gorgo']Right, we don't even know what the system specs are yet, and they are bound to be terrifying.[/quote]
2 gb ram, good Core 2 Duo, and an 8800 GTS will be able to run Crysis at Ultra settings, according to the designer.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Too bad it's not on the 360...

Quick question, so... if people couldn't play S.T.A.LK.E.R. how are they gonna play this game? xD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the 360/PS3 can't run this game anyway. (I mean obviously something that plays similarly with worse graphics would run, but...lets face it, part of the reason we want it is the drool worthy graphics, besides it probably also being a good game)

Come to think of it, the original Farcry never came to the consoles either, although I'd think that nowadays the PS3/360 could probably run it well aside from RAM considerations.

The game is supposedly going to run well on systems that would've been high end three years ago, so it's not like the system requirements are going to be ridiculous. STALKER was horribly optimized, which was the problem.

[quote name='ihadFG']The release date is September 11...[/QUOTE]

so what? it's not a game about flying planes into buildings you twit.

I might have to jump in on this deal. And as for the 360 comment, no plans on it being ported. It's a DX10 game anyway if you want the fancy new graphics

I don't think the release date is official yet, does anyone have a link to an official date? Looking forward to this game, the original Far Cry was amazing, and this game looked great at the last E3.

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']2 gb ram, good Core 2 Duo, and an 8800 GTS will be able to run Crysis at Ultra settings, according to the designer.[/quote]

Oh really?

Well, if I read correctly from somewhere, the designers said that current hardware cannot play Crysis at MAX settings! :hot:

Terrifying indeed

[quote name='Kromis']Oh really?

Well, if I read correctly from somewhere, the designers said that current hardware cannot play Crysis at MAX settings! :hot:

Terrifying indeed[/QUOTE]

True, but that's max settings.

I'm sure it will piss a lot of people off who spent a bunch of money on an upgrade and expect to be able to play everything at max settings, but they're doing it so the game can still looks amazing in a few years.

It sounds like it will run well on a wide range of systems as long as you don't overdo it on the settings.

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']2 gb ram, good Core 2 Duo, and an 8800 GTS will be able to run Crysis at Ultra settings, according to the designer.[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot lower than I had expected! :applause:

[quote name='Kunikos']Wow, that's a lot lower than I had expected! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I somehow doubt that with Windows Vista. These specs seem too low to play on high quality.

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw... Gogamer usually seems to send import versions of games... and I don't want imports.[/QUOTE]

They aren't imports unless there is an "(I)" next to the title, from what I've been able to tell.

Does it really matter though? The imports they carry usually are exactly the same except for the package. Really, if it means spending less money, why not buy it? ;)

bread's done
Back