Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

From Arlington here. I hit up entertainmart often, one on cooper and one in Dallas. Also movie trading co. Is a good place to find some deals, the one on cooper next to the tru even had a collectibles section with rare toys.

I've been in tx 2 years, if anyone wants to go to traders village sometime let me know we can hang out. Always looking for new friends, I'm 27, into all things nerd.

evolution games in fort worth is a great place, has decent deals on games. target clearance is always a good place to hunt for gems as far as clearance goes. i picked up phantom hourglass about a month ago for 4 bucks new. super good deal. i even go as far as looking in the furniture displays in case people try to hide things. and more often than not, i find clearanced electronics.

[quote name='Cmw7290']Making a trip to Dallas next week from Wichita Falls, what are the go to places in Ft Worth and Dallas?[/QUOTE]

Target... and Half Price Books... lol... not sure any of the local places. I've been to Entertainmart but they tend to price their games according to online prices so it's not really a deal to be had there IMO.

Trader's Village used to be a good place for all things, but more and more it's becoming like a trashy/cheap place IMO. People selling cheaply made products and overcharging for used stuff. But it is a spectacle if you want a place to walk around on the weekends (Friday to Sunday).

I never liked Hastings for video games, but if you pass one they sometimes have great deals on used DVDs (Buy one, get one for $1). There's one in Denton and one in Waxahachie... don't know if any of those are on your way.

Yeah we have Hastings, and I've only found one meh deal there (Alpha Protocol for $9.99 lol) Opening up Saturday is Game X Change, not sure how good they are but I'll check them out. Defiantly will hit up all the Targets I pass, and Half Price Books.

Never heard of Game X Change. There used to be some small retro game chain here, but I heard the prices were always through the roof. I also don't get out to Dallas at all so someone else can fill you in. I stay in Fort Worth.Arlington.Grand Prairie area for the most part.

Over the course of a weekend a few months ago I visited every Target in the DFW Metroplex, ALL 44 of them, I skipped on the Burleson location because I had no luck at any of them and Burleson is very out of the way. I've also been to every Sears in the DFW metroplex over the past 12 months give or take, found some ok deals at a few. I seem to always be a step behind on the best deals unfortunately. Do we just live in a crappy region or am I really getting beat out on some of these deals? Sound off DFW CAGS, what are some of the best deals you've found in the metroplex? I'd have to say my best deal was the $20 Band Hero bundle at Sears a while back. That and the dozen or so penny guides I've scored at Best Buy about a year and a half ago, just sold my last two on Amazon last week.

There is also Movie Trading Company stores everywhere, prices are usually a bit high but every now and then you can find a gem.

If your looking to flip some games, head to MicroCenter, they have some crazy trade in values. (Just check out VG Deals Forum)

Damn... RedFoxCommando all 44 Targets, how long did that take and how many miles? LOL
I agree most locations seem to be dry around here, my best scores were probably at sears getting some $5 wii games (pokemon, zelda, fire emblem)

[quote name='toocool17']There is also Movie Trading Company stores everywhere, prices are usually a bit high but every now and then you can find a gem.

If your looking to flip some games, head to MicroCenter, they have some crazy trade in values. (Just check out VG Deals Forum)

Damn... RedFoxCommando all 44 Targets, how long did that take and how many miles? LOL
I agree most locations seem to be dry around here, my best scores were probably at sears getting some $5 wii games (pokemon, zelda, fire emblem)[/QUOTE]

I took two full days and who knows how many miles. Started in Grapevine, down south to Fort Worth and sarrounding areas, over to south Dallas then back up to Allen and McKinney. It was just as exhausting as a regular road trip. Most locations were completely dry but the best location was in Lake Worth, the had a lot of :360: but unfortunately I didn't have a :360: at the time so I passed on all of it. I'll do it again one day when I hear about a lot of good finds on the Target clearance thread.

Target Flower Mound TX

Saw for:

:ps3:
Cabelas Adventure Camp - $19.98
Space Marine - $19.98
Alice - $14.98
Undead Nightmare - $9.98
Singularity - $19.98
Smackdown VS Raw 11 - $14.98
Driver SF - $19.98
Socom 4 - $14.98
Family Game Night 4 - $14.98
Skate 3 - $9.98
Dark Souls - $27.98
NASCAR Unleashed - $14.98

:360:
Let's Cheer - $14.98
L.A. Noire Complete - $19.98
Prince of Persia the forgotten sands - $9.98
Space Marine - $19.98
Kane & Lynch - $9.98
Fighters Unleashed - $9.98
Dead Space 2 - $14.98
Brink - $9.98

Vita
AC Adaptor - $10.48
USB Cable - $10.48

Multiples of everything but Driver and Dark Souls. Nothing of interest for me.

North Ft Worth CAGer checking in. Its rare for me to find a good deal locally. I've had a lucky find at the Movie Trading Company when I picked up the Prime Trilogy, but that was over a year ago.

Edit: I just realized that I've been looking at the same Sly Cooper Collection at the walmart on N. Beach Street for weeks and at $20 it's the cheapest I've found it anywhere. I have all the PS2 games so I don't plan on double dipping on a game over $10, but anyone else is welcome to it.

North Dallas reporting!

I usually go to the GS's, Top Dollar Pawn, Sam's, Walmart, Target's, Big Lots,, Frys and BB's around the area.

Nothing interesting so far.

Until Sunday (Feb 24th) Lucky Dog Books/Paperbacks Plus is giving a free item to the first 40 people each day in each store as well as having drawings for gift certificates. They have some games at each store, not many, but a great credit system that beats HPB by far. They give you store credit for items you bring them and you can use the credit for up to half of the purchase price which on most items is half of retail (so with credit 1/4 of retail).

They have three locations. One in Mesquite, Garland and Oak Cliff. Website is: (still a new user so can't post it exact) luckydogbooks dot com

Great company I've been doing business with for years and stores you can find a bit of everything in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking have been slim around by me (Grand Prairie/Arlington) and even if you see anything it's usually overpriced..

Last thing I picked up was 'Mass Effect 3' (360) from Sam's for $7.71

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back