Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

[quote name='banpeikun']I think you're thinking of the game place in Hillsboro. Let me look up its name...[/quote]
I can't find it in the store directory. it might have closed or something. I went there once, they had some complete snes games for like $100+.

[quote name='banpeikun']I can't find it in the store directory. it might have closed or something. I went there once, they had some complete snes games for like $100+.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's too bad. I got some good games there at good prices (not complete though). I think I got Faxanadu, Zoda's Revenge (Star Tropics 2), Ducktales, and Actraiser. And the guy also gave me a bunch of extra black NES game sleeves for my games at home.

For all you DFW CAG's I was at the Best Buy off 635 by The Dump(Furniture Store) and came across a decent deal. The store had 25% off certain 360/Wii/PS3 titles (50% off Xbox), but if you bought any game accessory you got one of the 25% off games for $10. Now there is no sign posted with this deal I was told by an employee and it was confirmed by another employee who works specifically in Video Games section. My wife said she saw the actual print out that had either 25% off or $10 w/ accessory purchase. The girl that worked in video games walked me around pointing out clearance accessories, which was shocking because most employees would push controllers or high dollar accessories. Any ways here is what I scored:

Wii Power Save 512 MB SD Card - $8.49 + Kane & Lynch - $10
WiiMote NFL Controller Skins Accessory Pack - $8.49 + Turning Point - $10

These are a few of the other titles:

- Fifa Street 3 (360)
- NFL Tour (360)
- Simpsons (Wii Version/360)
- Folklore (PS3)
- Nascar 08 (360)

and a few others

Also if you want to score just the games you can return the accessories to another store or later at the same location because the promo does not appear on the receipt.

[quote name='neudog']For all you DFW CAG's I was at the Best Buy off 635 by The Dump(Furniture Store) and came across a decent deal. The store had 25% off certain 360/Wii/PS3 titles (50% off Xbox), but if you bought any game accessory you got one of the 25% off games for $10. Now there is no sign posted with this deal I was told by an employee and it was confirmed by another employee who works specifically in Video Games section. My wife said she saw the actual print out that had either 25% off or $10 w/ accessory purchase. The girl that worked in video games walked me around pointing out clearance accessories, which was shocking because most employees would push controllers or high dollar accessories. Any ways here is what I scored:

Wii Power Save 512 MB SD Card - $8.49 + Kane & Lynch - $10
WiiMote NFL Controller Skins Accessory Pack - $8.49 + Turning Point - $10

These are a few of the other titles:

- Fifa Street 3 (360)
- NFL Tour (360)
- Simpsons (Wii Version/360)
- Folklore (PS3)
- Nascar 08 (360)

and a few others

Also if you want to score just the games you can return the accessories to another store or later at the same location because the promo does not appear on the receipt.[/quote]Wow dude, I work right by that place. I'll get Folkkore for ten no doubt.
Thanks a lot. Dallas thread comes through!

[quote name='Santurio']where exactly is this store? I need to go there.[/quote]It's on 635 and Olympus in Irving.
I went but they only had all the 360 games left, no PS3 for me.

All the GBA games are 50 percent off though, all of them.
I bought two for 9 bucks.

Are there any Kmarts left in Dallas. I currently buy clearance games from my local target (Coit and Campbell) to flip at gamestop because they have a few good deals, but the people on the general forum often reference Kmart. So what do yall know?????????????

All the Kmarts in Dallas closed. The closest ones are like two hours out. Unless there's a whole rack of great clearance games, it's not worth it ;)

well currently I do most of my shopping up at target (campbell @ Coit) but their clearance has been getting worse and worse. Does anyone have any other good spots to check out, for used games too.

try the clearance threads in the master trade list forum. lots of people found them at target etc when they were clearanced a while back. it'd probably be hard to find them in-store now, but you could probably get it off a cag for a good price.

Does anyone know about the new store called Entertainment Media near Valley View Mall? I heard they had some promos going on. I just need the phone number.

[quote name='whatup5']Does anyone know about the new store called Entertainment Media near Valley View Mall? I heard they had some promos going on. I just need the phone number.[/quote]
I've never heard of it, where is it exactly?

I just went by that place today. Its off of preston and alpha. The website is www.entertainmart.net and phone number is 469-364-8760 They seem like a bigger movie trading co, they give cash for like video game systems. I saw they give $200 for 360 premium, and like $300 for 40gb ps3.

I went there and its a pretty good. Its a great place to find rare games. I found :gc: MGS:TTS for $15 it was the last one they had. Its also a great place for flippers. If you have lots of credit at gamestop like i do, you can buy some of these games for like $35 used (with PS3 coupon and edge) and sell them here for cash. I checked today and that store gives $300 for an unopened Nintendo WII (you gotta have the receipt with it)
$130 for unopened WII FIt (receipt as well)
$60 for Mario Kart Wii
$45 for used MGS4 and Battlefield Bad Company
$40 for used GTA4, COD4, civ revolution,
$60 for used Xbox or $50 with generic controller as i found out:cry:

Just dont sell your games there if you arent gonna use there promos.
They tried to give me $19 for PS3 GTA4. I was like wtf? I just pointed to the big billboard that read GTA4 $40. They have to manually override the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to entertainmart and sold a bunch of games. Here are a few of the values I got. They give near the same value gamestop gives for credit, not including promo's.

halo 3 xbox 360 $17
mario party 4 gc $14
god of war II ps2 $8
rouge ps2 galaxy $14
valkyrie profile 2 ps2 $9
star wars battlefront II $7

I was driving down Preston the other day looking for Tru Gamerz, and I guess they closed down. Maybe I'll check out Entertainmart on my next day off.

[quote name='newguy 87']well currently I do most of my shopping up at target (campbell @ Coit) but their clearance has been getting worse and worse. Does anyone have any other good spots to check out, for used games too.[/quote]

I feel you about the Target situation - I primarily use the store on George Bush in Garland and the clearance is woeful. I would love to find a store that had cheapo budget 360 games to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks.

I've found my best bet for surprising cheapo used finds is to hit half price books up in Richardson, Plano, McKinney and Frisco but only if you like old PC games like Stronghold. Being that I do (I have an old PC), that's fine by me. Lots of flippers hit those places though - I've seen shoppers there with barcode scanners on their PDAs scanning the shelves looking for high value items - so have low expectations and simple tastes, or you'll be disappointed. That way, when you find PS1 FFVII and Chrono Cross mint + complete black label for $4 each (like I did), you'll savour it that much more...

[quote name='banpeikun']Interesting that they buy the Wii, Wii Fit, Mario Kart for above retail.[/quote]

They sell them for above retail though.
Wii - $350
Wii Fit - $130

That paticular store actually buys the Wii for $320. There should be a piece of yellow paper on the countertops throughout the store that lists the TIV of consoles. The Wii is at the bottom for $250 used and $320 new. Just show them the piece of paper and they should honor the price.

What an awesome store.
Great sign.

crunk_prices.jpg

I'm from Dallas too actually, but I'm trying to find some place that sells import games. anyone know of any? I know CGX in Stonebriar had a few (like... 5) but they over-price a lot of their stuff and their imports are for older systems. Anyone know of any that would sell PS2 imports or something?

So I went to Entertainmart, and they gave my friend and I pretty good chunks of money for the crap we had.
I also managed to get an import copy of Breath of Fire 3 for PSP there, so it worked out for the best.

[quote name='olde_english']I feel you about the Target situation - I primarily use the store on George Bush in Garland and the clearance is woeful. I would love to find a store that had cheapo budget 360 games to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks.

I've found my best bet for surprising cheapo used finds is to hit half price books up in Richardson, Plano, McKinney and Frisco but only if you like old PC games like Stronghold. Being that I do (I have an old PC), that's fine by me. Lots of flippers hit those places though - I've seen shoppers there with barcode scanners on their PDAs scanning the shelves looking for high value items - so have low expectations and simple tastes, or you'll be disappointed. That way, when you find PS1 FFVII and Chrono Cross mint + complete black label for $4 each (like I did), you'll savour it that much more...[/quote]I'm not sure that I believe that part about the PS1 games. I've seen copies of FF7 at Half Price several times and it's always been $50 or more. Suikoden II was on sale at the Plano shop on Parker for like $100 or $200 a few months ago. Off the top of my head I'm not sure that I've EVER seen PS1 games as low as $4.

If you actually found those at those prices, that was a once in a lifetime shot at an employee screwing up majorly.

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I've been shopping HPB for games ever since I moved here on 2003, and I always found Plano and Richardson especially rich. Richardson is where I found the two PS1 games as well as a whole bunch of N64 stuff (mario tennis, mario golf, space station silicon valley for $5 a cart. This was maybe two years ago. They still had some expensive games - mint Arc The Lad collection was listed at $100 - but I took the time to chat to the staff in the buy area and simply asked them what new stock they hadn't put out yet. Prices haven't been that awesome in a long time, I think staff got wise to the potential margin on games. I always seem to do all right on game guides however; not stuff that's worth any money, but things I'm super glad to have like Banjo-Tooie with the sticker sheet intact or WCW/NWO Revenge.

These days, all I ever really find is el cheapo PC games but seeing as my PC sucks and I don't have much inclination to drop $60 every time I want to play a game, I'll happily take Civ3 for $6 instead.

Target is good to go in around Dallas. Plano for me. Since there are so many around here. Whenever I have the time and am driving by I take a look at there clearence games.

Bully for $10 on 360 I got for trade since I want the Wii version or upcoming PC version.

I also got Universe at War for $10. Great game.

I managed to get Tales of the Abyss for $8 one time that I think was really lucky.

I also got Pokemon XD gale of Darkness or something for $7.

For a while now Toys R Us has been a good place but lately their stock has been going down.

The Toys R Us on 75 though has GodFather Blackhand edition for $10 though. I recomend that to everyone here with a Wii. It's the highest rated version of the game for a reason.

Other then that Rumble Roses XX, 99 Nights, Splinter Cell Double Agent for 360 and Wii, and One Piece for Wii that's the Zelda stlye game are all very cheap at that Toys R Us and the one near StoneBriar Mall in Frisco.

Hope that helps somebody.

Hey everyone, I'm going to be in Dallas for a few days and am looking for a nice resaurant to take my wife for our anniversary. She's from Dallas originally but hasn't lived there in about 8 years, so she doesn't know of any places. I'm told there's a place called Oceanaire that has good seafood...other than that I'm in the dark.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

[quote name='John Ketch']Hey everyone, I'm going to be in Dallas for a few days and am looking for a nice resaurant to take my wife for our anniversary. She's from Dallas originally but hasn't lived there in about 8 years, so she doesn't know of any places. I'm told there's a place called Oceanaire that has good seafood...other than that I'm in the dark.

Any suggestions? Thanks.[/quote]

The only good seafood place I've heard of is Pappadeaux. A bit expansive though.

what up dallas. Born and raised. I was wondering the same thing as the op for ages. I guess I gotta represent oak cliff... and stuff...

I couldn't stand seeing "CAG'ers" in the title anymore so I fixed it. Hope y'all don't mind.

And you better be treating my old stomping ground well. I grew up near UTD.

I heard the TRU in Irving is closing. Just a heads up. Maybe there might be some decent clearance for someone in this thread. It is way too far for me to check with the price of gas. Maybe someone closer can fill in some of the details.

[quote name='spamfree2']I heard the TRU in Irving is closing. Just a heads up. Maybe there might be some decent clearance for someone in this thread. It is way too far for me to check with the price of gas. Maybe someone closer can fill in some of the details.[/quote]
Hmm, I'll try to check it out soon then.

[quote name='spamfree2']I heard the TRU in Irving is closing. Just a heads up. Maybe there might be some decent clearance for someone in this thread. It is way too far for me to check with the price of gas. Maybe someone closer can fill in some of the details.[/QUOTE]

The one in Plano is moving across the highway from Allen Premium Outlets. Thats 2 TRU around me that are moving away :cry:

[quote name='whatup5']The one in Plano is moving across the highway from Allen Premium Outlets. Thats 2 TRU around me that are moving away :cry:[/quote]
Thank god. I HATED getting in and out of this store.

Also, in regards to good restaurants, Three Forks, or Two Forks, or Two spoons, something like that, on the DNT and, uhh, Trinity Mills I think, is one of the best steakhouses in the country.

So the TRU are in Dallas are the one at the mall in Frisco. And now near Allen Premium Outlets near Stacy and 75 from Plano near 75.

The target by me @ campbell and coit has (360)Madden 08 for 7.48 and (360)NBA 2K8 for 15.00 and ALOT of copies, and there was a copy of (PS3)Kane and Lynch for 10 bucks

Entertainmart has quite the epic prices on some of these games. I may have to stop in to unload cod4, l4d and halo 3....

Hell, I only paid 35 for the legendary edition, so I basically get to keep the bonus materials for 5$, well worth it.

Yea e-mart prices are great, i unloaded a ton of games this last weekend. The only thing is that they require the game box, so you can't trade in disc only games.

E-mart is great for trade->cash. I remember trading in a Wii (new w/reciept ) for what I payed plus $80 when I couldn't sell it on CL. Most of their used game prices are way overpriced though. Their guide prices are nice though.

Amazing. I really like the store, the selling counter guy was a little obnoxious... but the people selling the DVDs and Games at the counters were great.

I picked up a MGS: TS complete/mint for 14.99, but they also had LoZ: OoT/MQ, Pikmin 2, Fire Emblem: PoR for 19.99 all complete, and a copy of Pikmin 1 for 14.99. Im glad I got to unload my CoD4 and Halo 3. I bought the legendary edition for 34.99 at BBV a while back, and it sold for 30.00 and got to keep the helmet and bonus disk. Also got to get rid of Left 4 Dead that I picked up at the last b2g1 free so 35ish->40. I am definitely going to make this one of my regular stores, since I can buy Alf Season 1 for 17.99 there too :)

^^^ Plano too here!

Entertainment Mart looks like they give really good deals but their forums are kind of
unprofessional.

They have employees that admit to getting fired from there and coming back to meet people, employees hitting on customers, and employees teaching people how to get a job by flirting with the manager. Then someone said they bought all the Wii's up in one town and sold them off at 100$ markup.

uhh..wtf?

Yeah, Entertainmart is full of douchebags, and who I assume is the manager is the biggest one of all.

But, they took my copy of X-Blades for $40, so that's fine with me.

bread's done
Back