Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

Didn't want to start a Fort Worth Thread for the following deal, so I'll post it here. Was at Ridgmar Mall (River Oaks area) today and they had three 3-month LIVE Subscriptions for $9.99 each. They might be cheaper than the sticker price, but I didn't scan.

I"m interested in that dragon quest 8 copy :eek: I live in Fort Worth btw :eek:

I" m sure someone has an extra copy that they got fromt he cc clearance sell.

I found their website. I've never been though. It's not very far from me at all so I may try to check it out this month. I'd like to know if it's worth it for games and other eletronics. I wish reibeatall would reply...

Anyone checked that CompUSA store in Irving thats closing? They might drop prices gradually like Radio Shack did with some stores.

Garland CAGer here. I was waiting at the front doors of CC in Rockwall, then immediately drove to the one on Town East the day they had that clearance sale and managed to grab quite a few games.

Don't know if any of you have PC's but at the Lewisville Circuit City they have quite a few (older) PC games dirt cheap.. trying to remember all the prices but here you go..

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - $1.28
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban - $2.74
Beyond Good & Evil - $2.96
Command & Conquer: Renegade - $1.96
Mob Enforcer - $1.33
Battlefield 1942- The Road to Rome - $1.28
Total War - Vikings Expansion for Medieval Total War - $1.28
The Bard's Tale - $4.96
Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring - $2.68
Boiling Point - $9.99
Command & Conquer: Generals - $6.96

There are some more (at least there were at about 4pm Saturday) but i can't remember them at the moment.

AHHHH Sorry for not replying sooner guys.
McKinney Trade Days is really either hit-or-miss. I've found an unopened Brave Fencer Mushashi, but I've also gone away empty handed several times.

It's basically just a huge flea market. But it's a bit better than that. Except in this heat. I used to go every month, but I just can't do that to myself right now.

I was gonna go this past weekend but we forgot until Sat at about 2pm and then we figured it was probably too late, more or less.

[quote name='Backlash']I was gonna go this past weekend but we forgot until Sat at about 2pm and then we figured it was probably too late, more or less.[/quote]

Yeah, the best time to go is Saturday morning, since no venders are really there on Friday.

The next Trade Days will be the 15th, the 16th, and the 17th. I'm gonna be heading up there Sunday, so here's hoping I find something awesome.

Trade Days in McKinney is very hit/miss with it usually being a miss. Basically a giant flea market with typical arts and crafts.

Im from Dallas, (specifically Desoto), im a lurker here, so i dont post often.

anyone know of any good places to buy a 360 in dallas? craigslist has some
pretty intriguing offers, but would rather buy brand new on the cheap.

Thanks guys!

Unless you are in the right place at the right time Craigs List still has about the best opportunity, just get one that is unopened.

Fry's has had them several times within the past week when I have gone in during lunch but they require a rediculous bundle purchase (5 games - $1000 for 20gig, $1100 for 60gig) and their game selection absolutely positively sucks allways (this is the Fry's in Plano, the one in Dallas might be different as far as selection).

I don't know about this week but last week most of the Gamestops received some - I did see them available at the one in the Collin Creek Mall in Plano at regular price with no bundle purchase required.

Actually, when it comes down to it I've seen more PS3's in the stores than I have Wii's.

TexTuna

[quote name='Pestilence']Im from Dallas, (specifically Desoto), im a lurker here, so i dont post often.

anyone know of any good places to buy a 360 in dallas? craigslist has some
pretty intriguing offers, but would rather buy brand new on the cheap.

Thanks guys![/quote]

I'm from Frisco. Pestilence, online deals will almost always be better than local stores because free/cheap shipping is less than tax. If you do want to buy locally look into the Microcenter $100 rebate, I think they re-instated that, will probably be your best local deal. Target at one point was giving a $50 giftcard with the purchase of one, don't know if that's still in effect though.

360's can be had just about anywhere. Microcenter has the best deal (IMO) with a $100 MIR on them. A few other retialers (TRU, Best Buy, Walmart, Circuit City, etc.) are offering giftcards from $25 to $100 upon purchase and many are including a game or another wireless controller.

I had been holding off all year getting a 360 with the intentions of getting a PS3 instead - but then there was the price, the availability, and the final straw the fact that it can't play games in 1080i on my older (as in ancient) HDTV. So I threw in the towell and purchased a 360 Premium from Microcenter for the family for Xmas so won't have it setup and playing until then (it's a surprise for the boys, they think the Wii was their Xmas).

TexTuna

Thanks guys i appreciate the help.

im probably gonna keep an eye on craigslist, and if no luck there, ill just go to TRU for the $100 gift card deal.

[quote name='TexTuna']360's can be had just about anywhere. Microcenter has the best deal (IMO) with a $100 MIR on them. A few other retialers (TRU, Best Buy, Walmart, Circuit City, etc.) are offering giftcards from $25 to $100 upon purchase and many are including a game or another wireless controller.

I had been holding off all year getting a 360 with the intentions of getting a PS3 instead - but then there was the price, the availability, and the final straw the fact that it can't play games in 1080i on my older (as in ancient) HDTV. So I threw in the towell and purchased a 360 Premium from Microcenter for the family for Xmas so won't have it setup and playing until then (it's a surprise for the boys, they think the Wii was their Xmas).

TexTuna[/quote]
Sony just released a firmwire update that lets you play games in 1080i.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/06/sony-releases-ps3-firmware-1-3-ignores-1080i-woes/

Hmm, then what store that carried games was I thinking of... I think it was in Plano and shut down 3 years ago.

I don't make it down to Richardson much, so that's probably why I forgot about it.

I was at CC on 75 last night while they were putting out wiimotes and nunchucks. I believe they had 10 of each.

Also, I was at TRU on 75 last night and the lady in the games department said she thought they may be getting wiis on their overnight shipment (available this morning)

[quote name='rye']I was at CC on 75 last night while they were putting out wiimotes and nunchucks. I believe they had 10 of each.

Also, I was at TRU on 75 last night and the lady in the games department said she thought they may be getting wiis on their overnight shipment (available this morning)[/quote]

I'm heading over there in about 5 minutes for some other stuff anyway (Fatal Frame 3 at TRU) so I'll check it out and update here.

Man, I was just at one the day before yesterday. They had remotes so I picked up 2, don't feel like going back and finding out I missed my chance. :( Maybe I'll just wait till Sunday, or I'll go Wii hunting tomorrow/saturday.

Checked itrackr this morning/last night and saw that the Medallion Target (right where I live) had some in stock. Left early before work and what a surprise when I got there and there was a girl checking one out right when I walked up. Luckily they had 2 left and I got one.

Anyone seen any DS Lites in stock anywhere?

I called every possible store around here and all say that they are all sold out, but tell me to call back on Tuesday or Wednesday to check up on availability...

I've been hearing many different things from different locations of GameStop so I really don't know what to believe

If anyone is still looking for DS Lites, the Target in West Plano on Park and Tollway has a bunch

I counted 10 pink ones and 6 black ones

Has anyone gone to any tru's to get guides/games? I went to the one in frisco, and they only had a few clearance games left but I did see abunch of penny guides. Gonna head out to the one in lewisville tommorow.

[quote name='toocool17']Has anyone gone to any tru's to get guides/games? I went to the one in frisco, and they only had a few clearance games left but I did see abunch of penny guides. Gonna head out to the one in lewisville tommorow.[/quote]

I hit it up the first day of the sale, and picked up the last copies of a few of the games. Apparently somebody was there before me and got the games I REALLY wanted.

If you check the lewisville one, could you see if they've got Atlier Iris 2?

Just got back from the one in lewisville. They had nothing good, and they didn't have any guides either. Just saw abunch of tomb raiders and true crime ny's.

Anyone seen any Wiis in the northern part of Dallas? I just got back to Richardson, and I've been looking around for about a week now. I've been using itrackr as well as some other sites, but I've yet to see any pop up on there. I've also went around to various stores and none have any and most don't know when they'll get more in. If I had some vague idea of when they'd get them in, then I'd know whether it's actually worth my while to be up there when they open.

Sunday is still probably the best day to seek out a Wii. That is how I got mine.

A friend of mine picked up a PS3 at Best Buy yesterday.

Two Gamestops in Richardson got Wiis in yesterday morning, but I had class so I couldn't be there when they opened. By the time I got there, they were sold out. According to them, the shipments lasted less than 5 minutes. Quite sad.

I am hearing that this next week Best Buy is supposed to get a decent sized shipment and Target is stock piling for the 21st. So I guess if I can't find one this weekend, I still have chances there.

bread's done
Back