Dark Messiah 14.90 at GoGamer!

I really enjoyed the demo and missed out on the sale at Best Buy a couple of months back. Maybe I'll pick up this version. I wonder if this authenticates with Steam so I can just download it again if I lost the CD. (Like Sin Episode 1 does)

You people are going to break me. :p

I've been waiting on a good deal on this one ever since playing the demo - thanks OP!

Even though this got pretty mediocre reviews, I enjoyed it very much. It's only a patch or two away from being pretty good, IMO. Definately worth this price!

[quote name='phreak5k']I really enjoyed the demo and missed out on the sale at Best Buy a couple of months back. Maybe I'll pick up this version. I wonder if this authenticates with Steam so I can just download it again if I lost the CD. (Like Sin Episode 1 does)[/QUOTE]
I believe the game can be played stand-alone without registering it on Steam, but you have the option of doing so in order to store it in your profile and download it whenever you wish (like Prey).

The game does look pretty fun and I thought the demo was OK, but I'm holding out to see if the Collector's Edition drops in price anymore (already down to $40, same as the regular version). If it gets down to $30, maybe I'll luck out and those "$10 off PC game $29.99 or above" coupons will resurface again...

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']God damnit I thought I got an awesome deal from Target when it was clearanced for 12 bucks..LAME.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... you did.

[quote name='drock']Sold out :([/quote]Damn, it's sad when the OP even misses out :( my own fault, i guess. maybe they'll get more in.

Damn, I missed it too. I've been waiting to pick this game up until it wen tto $20 or less. Oh well, It'll get there eventually.

You should update this for the whole Madness thing since I'm in it for the $8 Riddick. Show those uppity punks at Target who wouldn't sell me it because it wasn't in the system...

[quote name='odhen']Damn, I missed it too. I've been waiting to pick this game up until it wen tto $20 or less. Oh well, It'll get there eventually.[/quote]

Ditto.

This game is a lot of fun.. I played the hell out of Single Player.. Multiplayer, however is another story.. for whatever reason, I had like like 2 FPS, no matter what server I played on (yes I authed the game via Steam). I havent tried playing online in a couple of months, I might try again and sse if it's improved.

That's good to know it doesn't require Steam.

This got good reviews from what I've seen, I've been looking forward to it.

Woo, hopped on it this time. Also signed up for Google checkout since I noticed Gogamer supports 'em now, so hopefully I'll get it for $7.50

It's still listed as $17.50 on Google checkout, but they haven't completed the order yet, so hopefully they'll take the $10 off at the end. Never used it before, anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Woo, hopped on it this time. Also signed up for Google checkout since I noticed Gogamer supports 'em now, so hopefully I'll get it for $7.50

It's still listed as $17.50 on Google checkout, but they haven't completed the order yet, so hopefully they'll take the $10 off at the end. Never used it before, anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

It should show the discount somewhere in the checkout before you finish. I just bought something on buy.com and I think the screen right before you confirm had it on there and it corrected the price.

I don't think GoGamer is on the list at Google where they give you $10. I asked about this in another thread but no one ever responded. Presumably this confirms that if the company isn't specifically on the list, Google doesn't give you $10.

Got mine in the mail today - pretty fast shipping for the level they describe as "dirt cheap". :p

BTW, not that this matters at all but I just found it interesting - the game is apparently the European version. It has a strange "15" rating sticker on the front, and it's packaged in a standard dvd case. There's none of that PAL/NTSC crap w/ pc games so it doesn't matter at all, just thought it was curious. :)

Here is a help page about the google offer.

It goes through the steps of ordering and then shows an image of the coupon being applied:

step5.jpg

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't think GoGamer is on the list at Google where they give you $10. I asked about this in another thread but no one ever responded. Presumably this confirms that if the company isn't specifically on the list, Google doesn't give you $10.[/QUOTE]
I guess that could be. When I was signing up with Google, they had a thing saying "A LIST OF PARTICIPATING $10 OFF STORES WILL BE SHOWN AT ACCOUNT CONFIRMATION". Only problem is, there was no confirmation page. I clicked done and that was it.

Oh well. Guess I've got $10 floating around for something.

Edit: Yeah, I didn't get that Nam. Just tried going to checkout with another Gogamer item over $10 and it didn't show up either. I guess they just don't support it or... Something.

[quote name='argyle']

BTW, not that this matters at all but I just found it interesting - the game is apparently the European version. It has a strange "15" rating sticker on the front, and it's packaged in a standard dvd case. There's none of that PAL/NTSC crap w/ pc games so it doesn't matter at all, just thought it was curious. :)[/quote]
Just noticed that myself as well - the only hint you get is the (I) in the title. Nice to know it's so clearly marked... but at least as you pointed out, it will still run fine - as long as you like European English ;).

Wow.....even after updating it with 1.2 patch......it still crashes pretty bad. Maybe i'll wait for another patch.

bread's done
Back