Dark Souls (Project Dark) - October 4, 2011

Excellent. I've managed to avoid all spoilers for the DLC thus far - just one more month to go! Of course, I haven't played since around February, so I'll probably get my ass kicked all over again. Guess I'll start a new character and run through once more as part of this....

The retail console version of 'Prepare to Die' is set to be released on 10/26. No real incentive to get it other than for the new box art or to have everything on one disc.

[quote name='jacknicklson']That's only in the UK, US version is not getting a stand alone[/QUOTE]
Damn. I got excited and let down for a second time ha. Not sure how I feel about buying it as DLC, since I've never bought any ever. Maybe if fans plead enough we'll get a GOTY edition and I can buy that instead. If not, I feel content enough that I've already beat Dark Souls and might skip on this.

I am fine supporting it because it is what DLC should be, content created after the fact to add longevity to a game which sold well, not features developed in tandem with the main game (which in the previous generation would of come with the game on disc at launch) then held back to milk extra money from the consumer.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I am fine supporting it because it is what DLC should be, content created after the fact to add longevity to a game which sold well, not features developed in tandem with the main game (which in the previous generation would of come with the game on disc at launch) then held back to milk extra money from the consumer.[/QUOTE]
Oh for sure and it's well done from what I've heard. I just prefer a retail copy is all because I don't mind paying extra, just like I did with RDR when they put out the Halloween DLC.

I'd rather have more of Jessica Alba presenting. Actually, she should go on tour to promote the game.

Oh, the game...yeah....love the video.

Someone should make a new thread for Dark Souls 2. I would but I know I'm going to be really busy in the next coming months to keep updating the first post and I apologize to the members here for not updating this thread as much as possible, this semester has been the toughest ever for me.

[quote name='Assasin']Someone should make a new thread for Dark Souls 2. I would but I know I'm going to be really busy in the next coming months to keep updating the first post and I apologize to the members here for not updating this thread as much as possible, this semester has been the toughest ever for me.[/QUOTE]

No worries, made one.

Also, I thought this thread would explode again after the release of the Abyss dlc. o_O

[quote name='Supplice']No worries, made one.

Also, I thought this thread would explode again after the release of the Abyss dlc. o_O[/QUOTE]
It goes back to the issue of me being really busy which is why I wasn't able to constantly update the post.

Going to revive this as I am getting back to this after a LONG layoff and realize that I am stuck in Tomb of the Giants and need some assistance.  Anyone willing to help a (poor) soul get through that?  I am at the first bonfire and have only found 1 person trying to help and he got pissed after I died while fighting Nito.  

Got overwhelmed in there honestly...was less than 1/2 health....and didn't have a blessed weapon (still cannot fully utilize one).  Really do not want to go back up to level up.  So if there is a person or two who would not mind spending 15-20 minutes running me through I would be indebted.

Actually, make that at the second bonfire and completely hosed without help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I got off track playing like a years ago in the crystal caverns and have never gotten back to it. Also what your soul level is would help people to know if they are even in the correct range to help you, it's like 10 levels + 10% of the difference or something like that. If you don't want to go up to level you could also try putting down your white stone down and help someone else beat Nito, cooping kill a boss nets you quite a few souls. Even if you failed killing the boss you would still keep all the souls you got from killing the normal enemies on the way down.

Yep...forgot about that level thingy.  Finally got some help online last night.  Duke's Archive seems easier...should've rested before trying to save the guy in the cell all in one run.  Hindsight....

I would have continued my PC venture but I've misplaced my puck for my 360 controller.  Finally finished up the PS3 run through & chose the Dark ending.  I have no desire to run through NG+.

For humor though I should have recorded my "fun" with both the bed of chaos and the guy by firelink shrine after starting up NG+.  I think it was 5 or 6 times that I was swiped into the void while trying to hit the main tree trunk to kill the bed of chaos.  I found out why you should be prepared if you swipe at the guy by Firelink Shine as well.  That was funny watching him filet me the first time - and once he's hostile he is that way until he dies or you quit.  FUN!

Waiting for Dark Souls 2 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back