Dark Void (Xbox 360) $9.99 on Amazon

MICHGoBlue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Void-Xbo...s&ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276296092&sr=8-36

So as usual, it qualifies for Prime Shipping or spend $25 and get free super savers shipping.

I was actually searching for Bayonetta on Amazon to see if they matched GameStop's price, and this happened to be on the same results page.

Not my cup on tea, but I figured anyone still waiting to get this game, this is a pretty good price for a game that's less than 1/2 year old.

Update : It is now 9.99 on Amazon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not cheap enough for me, unfortunately... I think it's going to take a $5 price for me to bite on this one ;)

Thanks though, OP!

Just finished this game today after getting it from Amazon for $14. It's ok for what it is but the story is bad and ending is terrible.

I don't think I could spend more than $10 on it, demo was so bad.

Also, if you have a Fred Meyer near you, it's going for $15 new there right now.

[quote name='Velo214']Bought at bbv b1g1 1/2 off. Easy plat. Pretty bad game tho, like uncharted but with a jetpack.[/QUOTE]

Wow that last sentence is completely contradictory haha

I am apparently about the only person that liked the game. The turret sections are unplayable, everything else works great.

Ok, I will say that the dlc jumps on the horde mode bandwagon, and sucks.

[quote name='skubish']Good enough price for me
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yep good price for me too, gonna pick this one up.

This game dropped like a rock. I figured something was up when it kept getting delayed. Capcom dropped the ball on this one.

All right! Nice find. This is a game I've been still somewhat curious about even after the mixed reviews.

If nothing else, it's got Nathan Drake AND Bear Mcreary (however you spell that) doing the music.

Is there activation in the PC version? That and the Playstation one are just a few dollars more, but...psychologically this feels a lot cheaper :whistle2:D

Thanks, OP. The way I look at $10-and-under games like this is "If it were released on XBLA at that price, how would we initially view it?"

No idea if that's sound thinking, but sound thinking and impulse buys never were the best of friends.

P.S. It's too early in the Summer to make a Rich Rodriguez comparison joke, OP. So I won't.

[quote name='jollydwarf']
P.S. It's too early in the Summer to make a Rich Rodriguez comparison joke, OP. So I won't.[/QUOTE]

lol you are too kind sir. ;)

Just ordered w/prime. Will return my unopened copy to Target for $15. Was hoping this would hit $10.

Is this the next Bionic Commando? Keep dropping it till it's gone.

[quote name='Velo214']Bought at bbv b1g1 1/2 off. Easy plat. Pretty bad game tho, like uncharted but with a jetpack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Wow that last sentence is completely contradictory haha[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing, uncharted with jetpacks sounds awesome!! C'mon PS3 version....budge!!

I got this back when GS had a glitch for $2.50 and I have yet to play it, the demo wasn't bad and I am big Nolan North fan so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

I just bout it along with a second copy of Final Fantasy 9 (why, I don't know...) and Stephanie Myers new (mini?) book.

EDIT: Oh, and Darksiders is $30 so $20 at Gamestop, but I don't know which platform to buy it on! DAMN it, I need to standardize already.

Hee hee, yeah, I had $23 something I spent on mine stuff. I don't even remember what it's from, but hey, cool.

I understand that $9.99 is a good price for this game, but I would rather pay full price for a good game than $10 for a shitty game, NO SALE!!!

Sure, but for me at least I have SOME interest in this, and if nothing else I'll get to hear the music.

Sure, why not. I bought it when it first came out and wasnt happy paying $50 for it, so I sold it right away. I've been waiting for it to drop to Below $10 so I could pick it up again. Thanks

[quote name='Wolfpup']Sure, but for me at least I have SOME interest in this, and if nothing else I'll get to hear the music.[/QUOTE]

This. Bear McCreary does the soundtrack to this game. I listened to the theme on youtube for this and the 8-Bit Dark Void Zero and was impressed. He did such amazing scores on Battlestar Galactica that at this point, I'm pretty interested in anything he does musically. He's supposed to be scoring Socom 4 also.

From all that I've read, where this game fails is trying to copy popular cover based third-person shooters like Gears of War. These were the same developers who made the wonderful Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. I feel that if they focused on aerial combat or made it a spiritual successor to Crimson Skies, this game would have done a lot better. As it is, I'm still curious to play through it, flaws and all.

bread's done
Back