Darksiders (360/PS3) $12.99 (+tax?)free ship from Newegg

Received mine from Amazon yesterday. Saw it had the pinched shrinkwrap at the corners and not the Y folds. Totally thought it was used, but kind of expected that after reading some of your posts, so I was prepared to return. But after reading the most recent posts about later issues of a game without the holographic cover, which mine does not, I opened it. And after careful evaluation of the disc, I have to say it is brand new. Again, the shinkwrap was pinched at the corners but along the front and back covers there are three rows of miniscule, equidistant holes. I don't think stores have this kind of shinkwrap "technology" to wrap their used games.

So good luck to anyone else. Maybe I got lucky. Thanks OP for the deal. I've been waiting a long time for this game.

[quote name='donbaloo']My newegg copy arrived today. Has the holographic cover and is new. Can't wait to get started on it![/QUOTE]

This really makes me want to cancel my replacement order from Amazon (hasn't shipped yet) and buy this from Newegg instead.

What do you guys mean with holographic cover? I've always ordered my games thru Amazon, but it never crossed my mind that the games could be re-packaged, considering that they always said NEW.

My Darksiders should be arriving this Thursday or somewhere around.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']What do you guys mean with holographic cover? I've always ordered my games thru Amazon, but it never crossed my mind that the games could be re-packaged, considering that they always said NEW.

My Darksiders should be arriving this Thursday or somewhere around.[/QUOTE]

The holographic cover is the shiny cover art that came with the original print of the game. This version is the one that comes with the y-fold (standard) type of wrap.

Apparently, the newer prints of the game come with a non-shiny, standard cover, and come wrapped in shrink-wrap. I received this version, but the case looked a little worn and the disc itself had a greasy, fingerprint smudge and the manual didn't have that "new game smell". This was blatantly used. But not all that come with this wrap are used, and in fact, new.

I have a replacement coming from Amazon by Wednesday next week...and since they are now back-ordered, and will get more by Monday...I'm pretty confident I will actually get a new one. It would be nice to have one of the original print...but my order is processing and cannot cancel. I could refuse the delivery, but that's just a hassle if it's new.

If it turns out to not be new...then I will simply return for a refund (which I should have done in the first place) and then buy from Newegg (that is, if they aren't sold out by then).

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the Darksiders listing on Newegg for a new copy of the game? I don't see anything on the web page listing whether it is new or used.

[quote name='EliteMilkman']Correct me if I'm wrong but is the Darksiders listing on Newegg for a new copy of the game? I don't see anything on the web page listing whether it is new or used.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's new.

[quote name='explorer1990']Received mine from Amazon yesterday. Saw it had the pinched shrinkwrap at the corners and not the Y folds. Totally thought it was used, but kind of expected that after reading some of your posts, so I was prepared to return. But after reading the most recent posts about later issues of a game without the holographic cover, which mine does not, I opened it. And after careful evaluation of the disc, I have to say it is brand new. Again, the shinkwrap was pinched at the corners but along the front and back covers there are three rows of miniscule, equidistant holes. I don't think stores have this kind of shinkwrap "technology" to wrap their used games.

So good luck to anyone else. Maybe I got lucky. Thanks OP for the deal. I've been waiting a long time for this game.[/QUOTE]

got mine today and had that same cheap shrink wrap but with the tiny holes in front and back. does this mean it is really brand new sealed? and one more thing, which seems to be better, castlevania LoS or Darksiders?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']The holographic cover is the shiny cover art that came with the original print of the game. This version is the one that comes with the y-fold (standard) type of wrap.

Apparently, the newer prints of the game come with a non-shiny, standard cover, and come wrapped in shrink-wrap. I received this version, but the case looked a little worn and the disc itself had a greasy, fingerprint smudge and the manual didn't have that "new game smell". This was blatantly used. But not all that come with this wrap are used, and in fact, new.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but there may be newer prints that also come with the y-fold as well (similar to Midnight Club LA Complete Greatest Hits ps3 -- same exact version of the game w/ two different wraps).

Hope you end up getting a brand new copy since that's what you are paying for.

[quote name='Muroso']got mine today and had that same cheap shrink wrap but with the tiny holes in front and back. does this mean it is really brand new sealed? and one more thing, which seems to be better, castlevania LoS or Darksiders?[/QUOTE]

I THINK it's new. But I'm not 100% sure. Unless mine is from a gamer that doesn't touch and scratch the data side of his discs. Which I doubt. I mean, the disc is pristine.

I took a chance and opened it. I figured 'what's the worst thing that can happen? If its scratched and fingerprinted, I'll return it. If its not, I'll keep it."

Either way, I was lucky.

Good luck to you. And I haven't played Darksiders yet, but C:LOS is a fun game with great graphics. Try to find it for $40 or under. The only negative I have is that there is way to many attack combos. The button presses are ridiculous to remember and eventually you'll remember a few key ones, and everything else is a button mash fest.

[quote name='explorer1990']I THINK it's new. But I'm not 100% sure. Unless mine is from a gamer that doesn't touch and scratch the data side of his discs. Which I doubt. I mean, the disc is pristine.

I took a chance and opened it. I figured 'what's the worst thing that can happen? If its scratched and fingerprinted, I'll return it. If its not, I'll keep it."

Either way, I was lucky.

Good luck to you. And I haven't played Darksiders yet, but C:LOS is a fun game with great graphics. Try to find it for $40 or under. The only negative I have is that there is way to many attack combos. The button presses are ridiculous to remember and eventually you'll remember a few key ones, and everything else is a button mash fest.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that! I hope amazon does not repackage used games. I have both xbox 360 and ps3 but I just use my ps3 mostly for blu-ray and exclusives. Can anyone tell me that upscaling the game to 1080p is much better than the native 720p on most ps3 games? for example Castlevania LOS? does it look better on 1080p?

Got mine today. Shipped late last night and arrived this morning, two days ahead of time. I love amazon's little surprises.

Also, it was the holographic cover too.

Loved this game but it so pissed me off. The last boss with it's 2 forms I could never beat. I would always beat the first form but that second is a bitch. Maybe it was the difficulty I was playing on, but come on it was just too tough. And this is from someone that beats these type of games all the time. I had less trouble beating GOW3 on Titan than this title. I just finally game up and walked away from the game never beating it, maybe one day I'll come back and try it again.

[quote name='Euripides']I also got the holographic cover from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
That's funny. I ordered this on Amazon when they first matched Newegg's price and did not get a holographic cover. Oh well.

Received my Darksiders copy from Amazon yesterday, I didn't see anything "holographic" on it... The copy seemed new, tho.

bread's done
Back