Dawn of Mana PS2 - $19.49 @ Amazon.com

See, now, I would jump on this but this game received such miserable reviews that even at the magical point of $20 I'm nervous to jump on this.

[quote name='bassec']See, now, I would jump on this but this game received such miserable reviews that even at the magical point of $20 I'm nervous to jump on this.[/quote]
LOL, same here.

[quote name='bassec']See, now, I would jump on this but this game received such miserable reviews that even at the magical point of $20 I'm nervous to jump on this.[/quote]

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well

[quote name='fairtrade']YES SWEET OMFG AWESO...

Oh, wait... it's "Dawn of Mana"... where is my deal on "Heroes of Mana" already? :cry:[/quote]

An equally piss poor game I heard.

From what I've read Dawn of Mana got horrible reviews and scores (something about the game being a super repetitive action title). Heroes seems to have scored and reviewed decently (and I have a heavy leaning towards strategy personally, though I honestly prefer turn-based to real time).

[quote name='bassec']If your looking for the DS strategy title you should play...I hear FFXII: RW is much better.[/quote]

Nah. I'm not too eager to get any RTS title, but this title I don't even want at $20. Either HoM or FFXIIRW would be full of win at $20. :bouncy:

and the sad part is that this is actually Seiken Densetsu 4. Has a RPG series see such a drop in quality?

folks I recommend not buying this game at this price. If you must try it then I would get it at 10 bucks.

I want this SO bad. I'm going to grit my teeth and wait until it hits $15. (Mario Kart Wii *is* keeping my and my wife's attention at the moment.)

[quote name='T3kN']I will only buy this game if it drops to under $10.
Preferably $5[/quote]

geez, i was thinkin of gettin this but after reading what everyone says, im having doubts..

is this game THAT bad???

Gamestop gave it a 5.1.
meta critic gives it a 57
ign gave it a 6.5 (which is them being nice)
1up gave it a C-

Its Average, well below average.
I remmember watching a review video on it a while ago, or maybe it was listening to the 1up podcast or something. I can't remmember exactly. All I know is its really not worth your $20.

512V-8PMpsL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Of-America-Inc-68016/dp/B000R0RHIG/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_a

Like everyone else I'm tempted by this, but...yeah.

Unfortunatly most Square games tempt me like this :(

This series is just like Saga. They started out AMAZING and just seem to get worse and worse. Saga 1-3 are awesome (Final Fantasy Legend 1-3), and the first Mana game (Final Fantasy Adventure) remains the only one I really like (although the second one on the SNES is good too.

[quote name='daminion']It's $16.96 (or cheaper) at Circuit City.

I actually picked this up for $11 when they were running the 33% off clearance sale, but returned it after reading reviews.[/quote]

OMG returned it even for $11.. i guess it is that bad

bread's done
Back