DC Universe free beta codes live now. (ps3/pc) 5000+ keys avail update in OP 12/17

Dang, I missed out, If anyone has an extra ps3 beta code I would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

It says "no more keys are available".
I finish downloading mine 3 days ago (got my code from MMORPG.com).
I'm playing it on Ps3, 8 hours total and I'm at level 6 (villain, female, mage warrior, Circe is my mentor). After the patch and so far this game rocks! I am giving this beta 8/10. So much fun and very addictive :joystick:
This is my first MMORPG ever.

Yeah too bad gamesrader is out of Beta Codes too. I give up -.- Its so dumb id be playing WoW right now if i had money for a new computer, not wanting to play a dumb MMO like DC -.-

This is really shaping up to be something great, it still has some rough edges ( I mean it is a beta) and I'm not really sure if there is any kind of pvp balance yet. The controls take some getting use to if your a mmo vet, because its being co developed for two wildly diffrent control schemes, while you can customize everything the mouse use is limited to largly smashy smashy. This might be the first MMO I've gotten into for a long time.

edit= I should have just gave my code away--left the ps3 downloading for 3 hours as i heard it takes a long time to download the beta--about %20 downloaded, so fuck that--im giving up-not going to leave my ps3 for 9 more hours just to play this--just going to play some brotherhood instead-hope the game turns out well though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been play testing this all week at work and will continue to do so all of next week. The game is much more fun than I originally thought! :applause:

My favorite element by far is the superb voice acting and comic-style artwork.

[quote name='Darknuke']Champions > City of Heroes > DC Universe[/QUOTE]

Which is unfortunate, since after the first few days Champions is pretty bland.

[quote name='FerDK']Really? I finish downloading the Ps3 beta and I found it really really fun.
I've been playing for 4 hours or so.
Although I agree when you say that there are major improvements to do. I have sent a lot of feedback, I hope they listen.
The one thing that worries me is that the release date was in first place Nov 2010, then March 2011 and now Jan 2011... let's hope they do not rush things.
I read that a beta patch is coming this Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

That (PS3) might be the key difference. I've been playing on PC. The controls aren't that great, the graphics need improvement (and I'm not even a graphics person) and outside the first series of missions the story feels a bit flat to me. Then again, I've come up on WoW and RPGs for years so I've got some obvious biases.

well after playing the game many hours i find it fun, somehow it reminds me of GTA, prototype, and ro.

the game freeze a lot but then its a beta so its expected, what im not sure its that they are going to release it at january, there a lot of things to be fixed.

the menu and the letters its so small but other than that i really hope they drop the monthly fee thing...

I have a PS3 key if someone would like to grab it, I've got too much going on now (and other games to play as well). Enjoy!

53EM-3PN2-5HJC

[quote name='Railbird13']I have a PS3 key if someone would like to grab it, I've got too much going on now (and other games to play as well). Enjoy!

53EM-3PN2-5HJC[/QUOTE]

Got it! You da man =)

If anyone else has a PS3 key that they don't want to use, I would gladly take it off of their hands! Send me a PM, and in the meantime I'll cross my fingers!

Has anybody come across a bug where the menus shrink to about 1/4 screen size, and become impossible to see? It's the reason I turn this game off every time I try to play. :(

Sadly, I don't think the game has the "polish" of WoW. It never feels like you're actually accomplishing anything, and the zones are relatively huge without any sense of direction. (since you can fly/parkour/speedrun)

Iteresting to hear the comments and how some seem to love it and others hate it. I have never played an online game like this and am very curious-- just picked up a PS3 too. Hmmmm. If anyone does have an extra beta for the PS3 that would be great. I just don't know if I would enjoy this kind of game or not--playing the beta would be a great way to find out!

Thanks

Brer Dan

The game is a lot of fun, I would pick the game up full price at launch if there wasn't the monthly fee.

Also there is the issue of being able to sell the game after you're done with it. I don't see this as a game you can simply rent from BBV.

I think they are taking a big chance trying to do what WoW has done, sadly I think it is going to backfire.

The only thing this game has over other ps3 superhero games is the ability to play with friends online. If Infamous 2 just adds co-op and maybe character creation they are dead in the water.

Looks like I was a bit late to the party as well...

I would also take a PS3 key if someone doesn't think they're gonna use it, just PM me!

I have a few extra PS3 and PC codes. If anybody has any xbox live points or wants to make a child's play charity donation that would be nice in exchange, Not required but would be cool. PM me if you want the codes and include in the message if you did either in case I get overwhelmed and have to pick out who to give codes to.

Include your email address too so I can just forward the email to you.

[quote name='Moco64']I sent you 2 pms, 1 for the code and the other with my email address.

Thanks a ton[/QUOTE]

PS3 code sent. I hope you enjoy it.

Sent out codes to the people that PM'ed so far. I'll check back again this evening if anyone still needs them I have a few of both PC and PS3 left.

[quote name='Lexicon']Sent out codes to the people that PM'ed so far. I'll check back again this evening if anyone still needs them I have a few of both PC and PS3 left.[/QUOTE]
I'll take a ps3 code if you have any left please

hey looking for a ps3 code [email protected] if anyones got one, really appreciate it..... ill be making a childs play donation on thursday when i'm able to take a trip to the bank..... if no one has one of these codes anyone got info where i can find a ps3 code by pre-ordering or something? really wanna check it out before i buy though

thanks for the code. Has anyone else downloaded this yet. I thought i had it downloaded and was ready to play then it is started downloading another 14,500mb file at about a 1 mb per second. if my math is right thats about 4 hours.

bread's done
Back