[DEAD] 50+% off on Select FUNimation Anime / LA Titles inc. BDs @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M?)

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M) [DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] | Expires 7/24/10

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

Last edited by a moderator:
Not happy with Best Buy. Since Amazon matched the prices I called to cancel order, since I save a few bucks at Amazon and have Prime so free 2 day shipping, and one of the items I ordered isn't backordered on Amazon. But you can't cancel an order thats "In Process" so looks like I'm stuck with Best Buy.

Debating on Champloo from Amazon now....When EB had their mistake i just got the DVD couterpart which i got rid of.

Samurai 7 is $10 more at amazon and the other 2 i grabbed are the same price so i don't feel too bad about amazon's sale.

[quote name='mitnosi']Not happy with Best Buy. Since Amazon matched the prices I called to cancel order, since I save a few bucks at Amazon and have Prime so free 2 day shipping, and one of the items I ordered isn't backordered on Amazon. But you can't cancel an order thats "In Process" so looks like I'm stuck with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well shit, I was going to cancel the School Rumble S1 set that's on backorder to get it at Amazon but my order says in process as well. They better ship it eventually (I have bad experiences with backorders) :bomb:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Debating on Champloo from Amazon now....When EB had their mistake i just got the DVD couterpart which i got rid of.[/QUOTE]
If you got rid of the dvd version don't bother with the bluray. I've heard the Champloo bluray is not better (or if anything, maybe worse) than the dvd version.

[quote name='lilman']If you got rid of the dvd version don't bother with the bluray. I've heard the Champloo bluray is not better (or if anything, maybe worse) than the dvd version.[/QUOTE]

From what i've read that applies to a lot of Funi blu-rays, pretty much why i'm not upgrading just buying what I never owned

Price matched School Rumble Complete on Amazon was a no-brainer; I checked out Best Buy online to see what they had in stock and Season 2 was the only thing nearby for instore pick-up. Sweet saved effort, taxes, and gas. :D

Picked up Ouran and Gunslinger 2 on blu ray today. Already have Witchblade and Gunslinger 1 on dvd. Sucks I got Samurai 7 for $35 last year during the half off anime at BB instead of $20 now. Oh well.

[quote name='mitnosi']Not happy with Best Buy. Since Amazon matched the prices I called to cancel order, since I save a few bucks at Amazon and have Prime so free 2 day shipping, and one of the items I ordered isn't backordered on Amazon. But you can't cancel an order thats "In Process" so looks like I'm stuck with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much taxes you have but my order was cheaper at best buy with taxes (3% BCB just sweetens the deal).

[quote name='HunteR7411']Not sure how much taxes you have but my order was cheaper at best buy with taxes (3% BCB just sweetens the deal).[/QUOTE]
Well I'm having the items shipped from Best Buy which is an extra 9 dollars which is good considering its a 45 min drive to and 45 min drive back from the closest Best Buy, so In-store really isn't that great for me. But with Amazon I would have free shipping and it would end up being about 3 dollars cheaper.

[quote name='mitnosi']Well I'm having the items shipped from Best Buy which is an extra 9 dollars which is good considering its a 45 min drive to and 45 min drive back from the closest Best Buy, so In-store really isn't that great for me. But with Amazon I would have free shipping and it would end up being about 3 dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Ah I just assumed you did a local pick-up. My bad.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I tried 10%, didn't work on sale items. It didn't apply to anything that had an Astrix.[/QUOTE]

hmm dunno... I know it's not supposed to work on sale items, but the cashier just scanned the coupon and hit ok (just like if items aren't on sale) and it took off the extra... and both items had the * beside them. He didn't do anything special for it to work.

Went ahead and bit on the Complete School Rumble set for 25 from amazon as well as the S.A.V.E Pumpkin Scissors. A lot of people said School Rumble was good so hopefully I won't be let down there.

[quote name='Afflicted']hmm dunno... I know it's not supposed to work on sale items, but the cashier just scanned the coupon and hit ok (just like if items aren't on sale) and it took off the extra... and both items had the * beside them. He didn't do anything special for it to work.[/QUOTE]

Well, the guy didn't seem like an ass but whatever. :/ Sorta disappointed but what can I do ...

I ordered both Gunslinger Girls on Bestbuy.com, and canceled them once I saw that Amazon had them both in stock. Called and reached a lady named Margaret who canceled both right over the phone. I already got my PP funds refunded in just a quick 5 minute call. I was shocked since I'm so used to being burned by customer support lines (not to mention long waits). Did you use a card or something?

I also drove over to the store to get Samurai 7 for $20. Couldn't find it because my head somehow thought I was looking for Killer 7 (the game) and I had this BB guy convinced that a movie called Killer 7 existed. He went to find someone to help, and I turned around and saw it. Poor guy was racing around that store to find the guy who was a electronics expert or something, found him and told him, and he just walked away. Could have been a douche and just left, but whatever. Anyway, similar to the sale last year, the register automatically rung up the discount. Great deal. :D

Best Buy said 2 to 3 weeks on Ouran Host Club BR set, but it shipped yesterday, so I'm happy. With tax and free shipping it was cheaper than Amazon's set when I ordered it.

It has some blood and stuff. They (The Japanese company) did some editing of their own before it even came here. One such noticeable edit is when Goku is blasted by Piccolo through the stomach. No blood, just like a burned spot or something. But it is less edited than the Nicktoons version.

Picked up Samurai 7 from this sale, as well as Speed Racer and The Lost Boys on Blu-ray for $10 each. Had I gotten in earlier, I'd have had FMA and Host Club, but oh well. I need a car more than I need shiny things. Too many sales, not enough money. :)

[quote name='FactionG']Picked up Samurai 7 at a location that said it was unavailable... What gives?[/QUOTE]

if a store has less than 3 copies in stock it auto goes to unavailable status for in-store pickup

First time poster here.

I manage to get Baccano! as a gift yesterday. Ever since the sale, I've been meaning to get that anime, but I didn't have the funds. Lucky for I got someone to help me.

While I was at Best buy to get it, I found a copy of Black Lagoon, but I decided to just hold it off. I heard good thing about it, but I'll lay it off for now.

Sale is live once more @ BestBuy.com (likely B&M as well). Check first post. Not all titles from the last sale are included this time and the sales prices are not all the same either.

[quote name='thelonepig']Wow; Samurai 7 is in stock for shipping. Awesome. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had to pick this up, wanted it before but wasn't available in my area and they wouldn't ship.

Should I get Baccano or Samurai 7 on Blu?

Only want to get one but can't decide. Anyone? :)

I will pretty much watch any type of anime. Just been in a big anime mood as of late (picked up Heroic Age, Claymore, and Witchblade on blu-ray during the previous sale)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Should I get Baccano or Samurai 7 on Blu?

Only want to get one but can't decide. Anyone? :)

I will pretty much watch any type of anime. Just been in a big anime mood as of late (picked up Heroic Age, Claymore, and Witchblade on blu-ray during the previous sale)[/QUOTE]
I went with Samurai 7, looks awesome. And for 20 bucks! I also picked up Heroic Age and Witchblade last month, skipped on Claymore though I really wanted it lol

Thanks for the heads up for the DBZ Fusion Reborn bluray double feature. I had actually been eyeing up the lone copy of it at my Best Buy, waiting for a drop on it. Also picked up the bluray Fullmetal Alchemist movie and the bluray Samurai 7 set. Thanks again!

Just a heads up, the shipping option for Samurai 7 is no longer available, my order for it just slipped into backorder :(

[quote name='G-Nitro']wish they had My Bride Is a Mermaid part 1 on the sale. lol $20 is about my cut off for it.[/QUOTE]

Same, and also wish they had the DTB complete collection on sale as well.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Claymore is no longer available for shipping, nor pickup in my area.

Balls.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened with Samurai 7, I had ordered a copy to be shipped and it went on backorder and the item was no longer available for shipping. When I called in the lady said because their warehouse didn't have any in stock, and to wait a week or two. You should keep checking back, or if you would prefer, Amazon has the item in stock and is the same price, heres a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Claymore-Comp...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281661994&sr=8-1

[quote name='mitnosi']Same thing happened with Samurai 7, I had ordered a copy to be shipped and it went on backorder and the item was no longer available for shipping. When I called in the lady said because their warehouse didn't have any in stock, and to wait a week or two. You should keep checking back, or if you would prefer, Amazon has the item in stock and is the same price, heres a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Claymore-Comp...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281661994&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Its up to $43.99 now. Bummer.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Its up to $43.99 now. Bummer.[/QUOTE]
Wow, changed over night, sorry dude.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Picked up Samurai 7 on :br:! Snagged the last copy at Best Buy. :)[/QUOTE]
Nice, I got shipping confirmation on mine. Thought I was gonna have to wait a few weeks.

Looking for help on the Dragon Box vs orange brick issue. On a buy one get one free Hastings whim I bought an orange brick season (2) for my son and I just to see if it was something we would like, as it turns out my son thinks its neat and I am surprisingly being drawn in as well. So are the Dragon box sets the way to go? I know about the aspect ratio "issue" but honestly I like things to be in wide screen, and the orange bricks seem cheaper, but as it turns out my best buy has the $24.99 Dragon box seasons. Any help would be great.

[quote name='just joe']Looking for help on the Dragon Box vs orange brick issue. On a buy one get one free Hastings whim I bought an orange brick season (2) for my son and I just to see if it was something we would like, as it turns out my son thinks its neat and I am surprisingly being drawn in as well. So are the Dragon box sets the way to go? I know about the aspect ratio "issue" but honestly I like things to be in wide screen, and the orange bricks seem cheaper, but as it turns out my best buy has the $24.99 Dragon box seasons. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Boxes all the way. It sounds like you already know about the faux-widescreen bullshit Funimation pulled with the orange sets and don't care too much (Huge chunks of the picture are missing, why does this not bother people?!), but the video quality on the Dragon Boxes is also remastered and *drastically* improved from the oversaturated, oversharpened video of the orange sets as well.

bread's done
Back