[DEAD] Broken Sword FREE @ GOG until 10/1

Downloading it tonight! I was always kind of curious about this game, and I guess this includes the original plus the 2008 remake!

The person who bought the 6 millionth game got the entire GOG catalog free!

WONDERFUL game, but of course I already own it. Too bad there's not a free game for those of us who do!

I also have the game on Steam, but for anyone who is wondering if you should grab it (and why would you, it's FREE!) then let me say YES YOU SHOULD as it really is a fun point and click adventure game.

Good old classic adventure games.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s playing a lot of traditional adventure games. Even played most of the text adventure games. Most gamers today seem to unless they can shoot, blow up or kill, the game isn't fun. Action adventure games like Uncharted is really a shooting game with a story. Not a lot of free exploration except a few small scenes. By half way through Uncharted 2, I completely lost interesting because there are so much shooting as the solution to progress. When I played an "adventure" games, I prefer not having to kill everyone as the solution to progress.

One of the last well made classic adventure game was The Longest Journey/DreamFall. Love both of them. But developers just can't survive trying to make classic adventure games that don't need to shoot or kill everyone.

Thanks OP!!!

A general, noob question, is there a time limit for downloading the games you own on GOG? I do not have a PC at the moment, but did not want to miss this awesome gift.

Thanks!

[quote name='Asgardian']Thanks OP!!!

A general, noob question, is there a time limit for downloading the games you own on GOG? I do not have a PC at the moment, but did not want to miss this awesome gift.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

No time limit to download it, just a time limit on getting it added to your list of games for free.

Of course I bought that off Steam the last time it went on sale lol Oh well. Still definitely grabbing it, especially with the Director's Cut included. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet since I bought it anyway. Looks good though. Thanks GOG!

Also...

[quote name='Aibo'] One of the last well made classic adventure game was The Longest Journey/DreamFall. Love both of them. But developers just can't survive trying to make classic adventure games that don't need to shoot or kill everyone.[/QUOTE]

I swear I heard rumors of a new Dreamfall due out by 2013 (not sure about that date) but I have no idea if it got canned or not. Hopefully not, as it's an excellent series. I'm in the middle of my first playthrough right now. :)

Don't forget that GOG is getting hammered from people downloading the The Witcher 2 2.0 patch. Hang in there! At the very least, "purchase" the game then download it later. You'll have the game in your catalog waiting for you.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Where's Gargus when we need him most? Cheap as free is ruining our community!!![/QUOTE]

Oh shit, that's right! Wrong section, lololololol

[quote name='MastaNinja']Can't even get to the game's page on GOG :([/QUOTE]

I haven't had trouble getting on the page but every time I click download or search the game and add to cart/checkout it just hangs and doesn't do anything. Been like that for the few hours I've tried. Can't believe the servers are still so busy this late at night too.

I got this yesterday, and I got the email confirming the purchase, but it's not showing up in my owned games. Did I mess up? First time using this site.

Weird.

I never got a confirmation email but the game is in game list.

All I did was click 'download now' on the game's page. Sorry for those whom missed it.

bread's done
Back