[DEAD] Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition $119.99 ($80 off) @ BB PS3 ONLY

Aren't season passes usually like 20 dollars?
Not for high profile games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. $50.

Here's how I value the extras:

- season pass = $40 minimum if sold on ebay

- camera = $50 minimum (could be more, being waterproof and all...this is just a minimum)

- steelbook case = $10 minimum

- bracelet = meh, don't care

Total extra value = $100

These are just minimum estimates. Obviously it's possible to get more. I'm not too familiar with pricing of sports/action cameras so I can totally see that being a bit higher, but I can't imagine it'd be less than $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is crazy 50 bucks is another game >.< I got one of the prestige editions but only for the steelcase so I will probably sell it. But I might keep it if the DLC looks good but there is no zombies so I don't see it being worth it.

That is crazy 50 bucks is another game >.< I got one of the prestige editions but only for the steelcase so I will probably sell it. But I might keep it if the DLC looks good but there is no zombies so I don't see it being worth it.
Agreed. It does seem high. Here's how it's justified:

- there will be 4 DLCs

- each is priced at $15

- total is 4 x 15 = $60

So $50 for the season pass -- which includes all 4 DLCs and throws in some bonus digital content -- is a good value from that viewpoint. Still pricey, imo, but it's CoD...

well, for the diehards its probably worth it, they are playing hours every week and that is fresh new content every couple months. plus the online stays active far longer than any other game.

well, for the diehards its probably worth it, they are playing hours every week and that is fresh new content every couple months. plus the online stays active far longer than any other game.
Yeah I might keep it depending on how good the game is and what not. Is there a trade up program for the PS3 to PS4 or only xbox 360 to XBONE?

Yeah I might keep it depending on how good the game is and what not. Is there a trade up program for the PS3 to PS4 or only xbox 360 to XBONE?
yep, $10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/upgrade-call-of-duty-ghosts-from-ps3-to-ps4-for-a-tenner

edit: im not really sure how this works though, the xbox deal is at amazon and gamestop, im wondering if the playstation 4 version will end up being digital or something, as it doesnt mention a retailer participating.

DEAD.

I just noticed they bumped the price back up to $199.99.  Still out of stock though.

Good luck to everyone who got in!  :)

Aren't season passes usually like 20 dollars?

Edit: wow just looked it up and it was 50 bucks so yeah... looks like im gonna sell that not really interested in the DLC at all.
Season Passes are based off the total price of all the packs and how much of a discount the developer / publisher wants to give. Like all the DLC packs for Borderlands 2 were $40, so the season pass was $30 and gave you $45 dollars worth of content (5 more added for the level pack).

It has nothing to do with the profile and everything to do with how nice the pass is. Like Uncharted 3 is a high profile game (I assume we live in a reality where this is agreed upon...) and the Fortune Hunter pass was $25 dollars, but gave $45 dollars worth of content.

That is crazy 50 bucks is another game >.< I got one of the prestige editions but only for the steelcase so I will probably sell it.
Depends your logic really. These DLC packs aren't known for going on sale and they don't tend to do GOTY bundles, so getting them on release isn't always a terrible idea. Most people can get more value out of a CoD map pack, than I can get out of your standard $60 dollar game, so it works out fairly well.

---

On topic

Happy I missed out on it! I would have def jumped on it and I despise CoD.

WTF, there was a price mistake for the ps3/ps4 versions as well!? Ugh, cant believe I missed this. fuck.

Got the dynamic theme a couple days ago, the 500 points should show up in 2 weeks.

With a decent amount of people willing to wait for the next-gen versions...I see the current-gen prestige editions selling for this price again soon...if not less.  Also believe price drops will occur for standard versions of current-gen in no time.  Just a hunch...

But this is a great deal.  If it comes back, I'm all in! 

With a decent amount of people willing to wait for the next-gen versions...I see the current-gen prestige editions selling for this price again soon...if not less. Also believe price drops will occur for standard versions of current-gen in no time. Just a hunch...

But this is a great deal. If it comes back, I'm all in!
Unlikely. The main demographic isn't the type to buy a $400+ dollar system just to play Call of Duty, so there will be a market for it. Next gen will play a role in sales, but it will be the next installment that is affected, not this one.

Looking good for my xbone order to ship,sadly I am going digital since I am getting two systems and don't want to have to buy two copies of each game to play when friends come over.

Unlikely. The main demographic isn't the type to buy a $400+ dollar system just to play Call of Duty, so there will be a market for it. Next gen will play a role in sales, but it will be the next installment that is affected, not this one.
I don't actually agree with this. If somebody justifies spending $120-$200 dollars on a game w/ dlc and the plastic shit toys they package with it then they hopefully find justice in paying $400-$500 on the hardware to play the game. Price drops on the current gen versions are likely (base copies), as people doing the $10 trade up to next gen versions are going to swarm the retailers with used copies. They are going to want to clear shelf space and I have no doubt they will push to move these.

I must respectfully disagree. CE's, especially for mainstream games this generation have been found not to be that limited. Just check the topic in this forum exclusively for it.

Couple that with this franchise, which their goal is to milk as much money out of it as they can...you can best believe this edition will not be that limited. Especially being the proving ground for the new trilogy. These will not be that limited. They will eventually sell out...but no where near release date.

Again, the deal price in this topic is great. I myself would jump on it...but I have a gut feeling this could still be available after launch at this price or cheaper. How many and for how long will remain to be seen. Just my opinion...

I don't actually agree with this. If many retailers are doing the $10 trade in for the next gen versions, they will be swarmed with used copies of these and want to push them for shelf space. Also, if somebody justifies spending $120-$200 dollars on a game w/ dlc and the plastic shit toys they package with it then they hopefully find justice in paying $400-$500 on the hardware to play the game.
Well, only the Xbox One is doing trade ins like that and even then, there are a fair amount of restrictions. Like you must purchase your game within 30 days of the release, you must use your power up rewards card at the time of purchase, you must present a coupon at the time of the trade in and before December 31st to get in on this deal. Amazon appears to be a lot less of a hassle, though they don't have the shelf space issue and you might see people avoid it for instant gratification.

I must respectfully disagree. CE's, especially for mainstream games this generation have been found not to be that limited. Just check the topic in this forum exclusively for it.

Couple that with this franchise, which their goal is to milk as much money out of it as they can...you can best believe this edition will not be that limited. Especially being the proving ground for the new trilogy. These will not be that limited. They will eventually sell out...but no where near release date.

Again, the deal price in this topic is great. I myself would jump on it...but I have a gut feeling this could still be available after launch at this price or cheaper. How many and for how long will remain to be seen. Just my opinion...
I actually wasn't talking about the CE, since I don't like to guess about this sort of thing. My comment was 100% directed at how many were willing to wait and how current gen versions would drop faster.

Well, only the Xbox One is doing trade ins like that and even then, there are a fair amount of restrictions. Like you must purchase your game within 30 days of the release, you must use your power up rewards card at the time of purchase, you must present a coupon at the time of the trade in and before December 31st to get in on this deal. Amazon appears to be a lot less of a hassle, though they don't have the shelf space issue and you might see people avoid it for instant gratification.

I actually wasn't talking about the CE, since I don't like to guess about this sort of thing. My comment was 100% directed at how many were willing to wait and how current gen versions would drop faster.
No problem...just rectifying things since you commented on my initial comment where I was strictly commenting about the CE/Presitge Edition.

In edition to the prestige edition for $119, the 360/Xbox1 versions actually came with a year of Live, 500msp, and some other extra $5 "tokens" (whatever that means) . I just recently receive a male/female CoD Ghosts avatar t-shirt randomly in my email, hopefully that's not what the $5 token thing was supposed to be. The 500MSP actually came within days after pre-ordering it.

My 360 version has shipped, still waiting on the 1 year of Live though. Will see what happens.

How does the season pass work? Is it a $50 code? I know for the xbox version the season pass is just 4000 ms points.
What do you mean by how the season pass works? If you mean the one included with the Prestige/Hardened editions, it's a code that's included on a slip in the steelbook. You redeem the code and unlock the season pass. When new DLC arrives, you just download it.

My 360 version has shipped, still waiting on the 1 year of Live though. Will see what happens.
They'll probably email you around the time the game official releases (Tuesday, give or take).

What do you mean by how the season pass works? If you mean the one included with the Prestige/Hardened editions, it's a code that's included on a slip in the steelbook. You redeem the code and unlock the season pass. When new DLC arrives, you just download it.
I think he wants to know if it is going to be a $50 code for PSN wallet or just a code for season pass.

If anyone wants to trade their PS4 Prestige Edition for an Xbox One Prestige edition let me know.  I was going to get an Xbox One but I am not so sure now.  

I think he wants to know if it is going to be a $50 code for PSN wallet or just a code for season pass.

I would assume a code. If it is $50 PSN they wouldn't have to use it on Ghosts.

I would assume a code. If it is $50 PSN they wouldn't have to use it on Ghosts.
Yeah, it's always a code inside the game case. From my experience, I have never heard of season passes in collector/special editions that give you (virtual) currency rather than a game specific code.

Does anyone have a guess on what Amazon will give for trade-in on the 360 Prestige version?  It shows $26.66 on their site right now, but also shows that for the standard version.  I'm hoping that's not accurate.  I never expected my order to go through and have decided I really don't want all the extra stuff.

Does anyone have a guess on what Amazon will give for trade-in on the 360 Prestige version? It shows $26.66 on their site right now, but also shows that for the standard version. I'm hoping that's not accurate. I never expected my order to go through and have decided I really don't want all the extra stuff.
Sell the pieces you don't want.

Does anyone have a guess on what Amazon will give for trade-in on the 360 Prestige version? It shows $26.66 on their site right now, but also shows that for the standard version. I'm hoping that's not accurate. I never expected my order to go through and have decided I really don't want all the extra stuff.
when flipping goes wrong

when flipping goes wrong
My intention wasn't to flip when I ordered it. I assume I can still return it to Best Buy, but if I do i'll be paying full price for the Xbox Live code, so I may as well keep it since I would only get a $65 refund.

You don't flip these, you chop them. Game will private sale/ebay/trade in for a good price, ditto season pass to almost recoup entire cost, sell other goodies for bonus profit.

The camera alone will pay for the bundle. I already checked. :)
Wow! You're right. Is the camera actually any good. I assumed it was some cheap pack-in to look cool to kids wanting to play real-life COD in the back yard. I'm just not sure I want to go through all the hassle to sell the pieces (i've never sold on eBay before). If I could make most of it back with a simple trade-in to Amazon, I would be happy to avoid the hassle.

Wow! You're right. Is the camera actually any good. I assumed it was some cheap pack-in to look cool to kids wanting to play real-life COD in the back yard. I'm just not sure I want to go through all the hassle to sell the pieces (i've never sold on eBay before). If I could make most of it back with a simple trade-in to Amazon, I would be happy to avoid the hassle.
They posted an unboxing video that had some footage from the camera. It's pretty nice. Equivalent to a Go2Pro or other camera. IW talked about it and said that it was a legit tactical camera. It includes all the mounts and everything. I'm tempted to keep it.

I saw video on YouTube of a kid who received an early release and it looked pretty good transitioning from different lighting types.

I would just wait after Nov. 5 when the games actually get released. Am thinking that TIV is just wrong and probably like a place-holder until they know the real value of the game. Plus nobody should have the game right now anyways.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I may just give the camera to one of the kids for Christmas (unless TIV is too much to resist).

bread's done
Back