(DEAD) DDD 20% OFF SALE IS ON now until June 17th

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
The sale is on. DVDTALK works

Info from DDD's Dave at dvdtalk:
The 20% coupon excludes preorders, but applies to all DVDs, HDDVDs, Blu-Rays, UMDs, Posters, Storage Accessories and the new Puzzles and Board Games cateogries.

Your discount will show in your shopping cart and on your order history screen as a total promotional discount amount and will not be reflected on the line item basis.

The 20% coupons do not apply to Books, CDs, Electronics or Video Games.

However, we have discounted nearly 150,000 books and 15,000 CDs an additional 20% off for this sale. Those titles are marked with a "Mega Sale" logo and the price shown on the site is the discounted price--no coupon is necessary to get the discount on the titles marked with a "Mega Sale" logo. All of these titles will appear on the site on June 1 and there will be rooms for you to sort through the Book and CD titles on sale.

www.deepdiscount.com

Also here are past codes that may work this time around too:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
WCKG

Now I'm thinking about picking up seasons 2 and 3 of the Sopranos since I can get them for $35 each, with is a pretty good deal.
I didn't want to spend any more money during the sale, but I might not be able to help myself.

I ordered the following for 60 bucks and change:

Invader Zim Bonus Disc with Collector's Box (on backorder)
Invader Zim 3-Disc Box Set (on backorder)
All Thumbs Box Set (in stock)

I hope the Zim stuff doesn't get cancelled, but either way, at least I'm getting all of the Steve Oedekirk thumb movies for less than $5 each.

Ordered Invader Zim 3-Disc as well, I've only picked up Ghost Hunters Season 2 from this sale (it was for my mom.)

I'm too busy wasting money on Fox DVDs at Best Buy. :lol:

here are my top picks from the deep discount 20% off sale

xmen.jpg
X-Men Trilogy Pack $44.95 $20.66

melbrooks.jpg
Mel Brooks Boxset Collection $99.95 $39.90
spclear.gif

battlestar.jpg
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0/Battlestar Galactic: Season 2.5 $69.95 $41.51

house-1.jpg
House: Season One/House: Season Two Value Pack$69.95 $41.51

bean.jpg
Mr. Bean - The Complete Mr. Bean $49.95 $23.50

scrub.jpg
Scrubs - Season Five $39.95 $22.31

whose.jpg
Whose Line is it Anyway?: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 $49.95 $24.14

super.jpg
Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition $99.95 $58.22

offfice.jpg
Office: Season One and Season Two $59.95 $35.14

Thanks for starting this thread, some excellent savings. I picked up 6 HD-DVDS for close to $100, very nice deal.

I think the best part is that I work at Best Buy and these prices are still better than any of the discount prices... (even on the standard DVDS, ESPECIALLY box sets, I paid way more for the Films Alejandro Jodorowsky box set by Anchor Bay) I grow more disgruntled everyday :wall:

Just thought I'd share those 2 cents as well, damn BBY.

Been a while since I posted. Originally I was getting 2004 Red Sox World Series DVD set, Hellboy on Blu-Ray, Batman Begins, and Cinderella Man. The last two of that order have shipped but haven't arrived yet.

Was trying to be good and not order too much, so I decided not to get Pirates 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray from Deep Discount. At still over $20, I passed. Then DVD Planet had them both for less than $25 before the discount, making them UNDER $20 after, and I bit. Both arrived in great shape, and faster than my Deep Discount order. So I can recommend them now. :)

Shortly after this order, someone brought Season 1 of Red Dwarf in to work. I always enjoyed that show, and had considered getting them in the past... but they were too much $$$ (about $40 a season I think). Deep Discount had all eight season for what... $140? And after discount, it was about $113 I think.... so I ordered that and 2 season of Frasier I was missing.

Finally, if I wasn't already going to owe on my credit card for longer than I'd like... I watched the last 3 episodes of Rescue Me, Season 1 last night. The 10th episode was kinda depressing, and since I watch it for Denis and the comedy... I wasn't sure I was going to continue to watch the series. Boy, am I glad I went on to Episode 11. Though the topics aren't all laughs, I really enjoyed those last 3, and I'm bound to open my Season 2 DVD's tonight or this weekend. So I went back online and placed an order for the Blu-Ray set of Season 3.

Long story short, the bills are going to be high for a while... but I've taken plenty advantage of the sale. Thanks to the OPs, those who have provided great insight on recommendations, etc... and best wishes to ALL of you and your purchases!!!

If I'd like to start watching the new Battlestar Galactica, where should I begin: with Season One or with the mini-series?

Also, do I need a working knowlege of the old BSG series to "get" this one?

[quote name='bmachine']If I'd like to start watching the new Battlestar Galactica, where should I begin: with Season One or with the mini-series?

Also, do I need a working knowlege of the old BSG series to "get" this one?[/quote]

Definitely the mini-series- if you don't watch it, you'll be missing out on a lot of back story.

Mini Series sets the stage.

And no, you dont need to know anything about the show fromt he 70's, but you'll be missing out big time if you do!!! (its an awesome show, take it from someone who looked forward to every Sunday night at 7 when it came on!)

Thanks for the responses, folks!

Here's what I got:
- HEX, Season 1
- Invader Zim, Complete Series
- Ravenous
- Battlestar Galactica, Mini-Series

All for $64.00! Was hoping to snag Brotherhood of the Wolf, too, but DD doesn't have the "good" 3-disc version. Balls.

Update: apparently the mini-series is included in the season one set. Might have to do a switcheroo.

Here's my orders even though I said I was only going to place one order. :bomb:

These run the course from when the sale started to tonight.

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997
Newsradio - The Complete Fifth Season
Lethal Weapon 1/Lethal Weapon 2/Lethal Weapon 3
Rescue Me - The Complete Third Season
Bill Hicks Live: Satirist, Social Critic, Stand Up Comedian
Ghost Rider 2 disc SE
Comedians of Comedy
Zach Galifianakis - Live at the Purple Onion
This item is a pre-order.
For a Few Dollars More
Fistful of Dollars
Simpsons - Season 7

Around $200 on 4 orders isn't too bad. :roll:

[quote name='bmachine']If I'd like to start watching the new Battlestar Galactica, where should I begin: with Season One or with the mini-series?

Also, do I need a working knowlege of the old BSG series to "get" this one?[/quote]

the mini series is included in the season one box set.

one last small order:

Pans labyrinth

Blood diamonds (blu ray)

was gonna get theoffice seasons 1 and 2, but I just got seasons 1-5 of scrubs. Office will have to wait till the next sale.

[quote name='The Shiznit']Same here[/QUOTE]

I hope the sale is still on. :(

They usually end it the midnight of the last day. Technically we should still have one full day to order.

[quote name='Requiem']I hope the sale is still on. :(

They usually end it the midnight of the last day. Technically we should still have one full day to order.[/quote]

That's what I thought. I should have ordered earlier.....damn!

Even if it ends on the 16th, that should be the last full day of the sale. When I have a coupon for $1 off Dog Chow that expires on the 16th, I should be able to use it on the 16th. Once the 17th hits, the coupon is officially expired.

I've tried every coupon code, they all say invalid or expired.

Well looks like I'm going to have to finish the rest of my business at DVDPlanet's 20% sale. Not as good but it's something.

DeepdiscountDVD, I love your site, but you lost a sale! *takes wallet elsewhere*

I was thinking of getting TNG but was reluctant even though I could afford it, guess they took care of that for me. Maybe I'll make one or two more Rightstuf orders.

DVDPLANET "20offsale" still works. Some of the stuff is cheaper. You can get 3% back by going through ebates.com too(if anyone does sign up, I'd appreciate it if you refer me, [email protected]). And with dvdplanet you get a $5 coupon for every $200 you spend.

I just placed an order since the DDD one died. I think thats weird that one site works but the other doesn't since they ship from the same stock.

DVDtalk reports that it should start working again in a few hours. You can also call in your order or just order and call in later and they should give you the discount. It is good until midnight.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Why did everyone wait until the last minute? I know paychecks come in but you had two weeks to order.[/QUOTE]

Some people like to really think and decide if they want something or not.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Why did everyone wait until the last minute? I know paychecks come in but you had two weeks to order.[/QUOTE]my birthday was this week so i wanted to wait it out, see what I got, then order stuff on the weekend.

I think last time it ended early, though not this early (like 6 pm on Saturday).
If stuff is out of stock, you can always order it then cancel if you change your mind.
I placed my big order last night, now there's a couple more things I'd be interested (one for me one for a gift) in if it comes back.

This coupon stuff is a mistake. Call DDD at 1-800-258-1995 and place your order. That's what I just did.

I picked up the Neon Genesis Evangelion Boxset for 36 bucks.

Use the coupon DEALCATCHER. I found it searching google. I tried it and it brought up some discounts on Ghost Rider Blu-ray so I assume it is another 20% coupon.

Edit- It is listed as expired 6/16/07. So I assume it will expire very soon.

I ordered using DVDTALK about 30 minutes ago. Kept it small this time, as I'm trying to use Netflix as much as possible during the transition to HD.

Picked up Scrubs Season 5 and Seinfeld Season 8, and grabbed a Rogue Galaxy guide for ~$60 total.

My dad tried to place an order this morning, but he told me that he got the coupon expired error that you guys got. I'll be sure to tell him that he can still get the 20% off his order, but I think he may have already emailed them telling them that he wanted the 20% off or they had to cancel his order.

To the guy asking why I waited until the last day, I am very busy during the work week. And since I have such a huge list I wanted to spend my free day Saturday, taking my time, even looking at some DVD reviews before I buy some Criterions/boxsets/etc.

Good to see some coupons are now working again.

My final order:

1 BAN080260 DVD : WITCH HUNTER ROBIN-ANIME LE $ 21.09
1 LVD014098 DVD : T2-EXTREME (terminator 2) $ 5.35
1 MCA020928 DVD : JAWS 2 $ 4.87
1 PRD012567 DVD : ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ $ 4.86
1 UWE025312 DVD : COSBY SHOW-1ST SEASON, THE $ 9.75

Merchandise Total: $ 45.92
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 45.92

I also bought my little nephew some baby einstein and some blues clues. :p

Only placed one order

1 BBC029390 HDD : PLANET EARTH-COMPLETE COLLE $ 53.47 In-stock
1 WBD012346 DVD : NBA CHICAGO BULLS 1991 CHAM $ 25.39 In-stock

Cosby Show - Season 1
$9.75
Cosby Show - Season 2
$12.19
Cosby Show: Season 3
$12.19
Cosby Show - Season 4
$12.20
Wedding Singer
$5.86
Secondhand Lions
$5.30
Count of Monte Cristo
$7.62
The Notebook
$10.28
Adventures of Indiana Jones Box Set
$26.31
Click
$11.31
Essential Classic American Musicals
$17.92
Rodgers and Hammerstein Collection
$39.90

Total
$170.83

I went in for The Cosby Show. I came out with so much more. I was hoping to not work during the summer semester. There goes that hope...

The sale has been extended due to the issue. Here's my exchange with customer service. The only question might be if midnight 6/18 is midnight on Monday or Tuesday. >.>

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We apologize for the inconvenience with your coupon. As a result we have changed the coupon expiration to Midnight, June 18th. Please resubmit your order with the previously used coupon code.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com

Customer () - 06/16/2007 06:27 AM
Name :
Phone :
Store : Deep Discount
Order #:
Reason : Hi, I'm trying to make a purchase with the coupon code SUPERSALE that I received in my email. The email said the code was valid from 6/1/2007 to 6/16/2007. However, it doesn't seem to be working this morning (4:23AM PST 6/16/2007). Any help? I was hoping to get an order in today. Thank you.

I broke down and placed one more order.

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 PRD700074 DVD : STNG-1ST-7TH SEASONS $ 253.75 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 253.75
Shipping & Processing: $ 9.95

Total for this Order: $ 263.70

Put in a couple more orders. Shame they fixed the 20%+Mega Sale glitch.

Penny Arcade 2: Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings $7.40
Penny Arcade 3: The Warsun Prophecies $7.40
Penny Arcade 1: Attack of the Bacon Robots $8.08
Onegai Twins GN $7.11
---------
$29.99 (kinda funny)

21 Grams $7.59
Initial D (live action) $10.70
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring $11.31
Scooby-Doo - The Movie [HD DVD] $15.46
This Is Spinal Tap $7.72
Wiz $4.87
GTO Shonan Junai Gumi 3 GN $7.43
------------
$65.09

[quote name='Drahken']I broke down and placed one more order.

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 PRD700074 DVD : STNG-1ST-7TH SEASONS $ 253.75 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 253.75
Shipping & Processing: $ 9.95

Total for this Order: $ 263.70[/QUOTE]

That's one helluva break-down, impulse buy. :lol:

In right under the wire (or maybe 24hrs before the wire, depending on which day this ends):

Mythbusters Collection 1: $16.07
LeapFrog 5-Pack: $29.58 (only $5.91 per DVD, excellent deal for these)
Invader Zim Box Set: $14.51

DVDTALK worked for me...

EDIT: 48 hours before the wire :) (thanks netranger!) I just might be tempted to place one more order...perhaps this time they won't ALL be out of stock :oldman:

bread's done
Back