(DEAD) DDD 20% OFF SALE IS ON now until June 17th

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
The sale is on. DVDTALK works

Info from DDD's Dave at dvdtalk:
The 20% coupon excludes preorders, but applies to all DVDs, HDDVDs, Blu-Rays, UMDs, Posters, Storage Accessories and the new Puzzles and Board Games cateogries.

Your discount will show in your shopping cart and on your order history screen as a total promotional discount amount and will not be reflected on the line item basis.

The 20% coupons do not apply to Books, CDs, Electronics or Video Games.

However, we have discounted nearly 150,000 books and 15,000 CDs an additional 20% off for this sale. Those titles are marked with a "Mega Sale" logo and the price shown on the site is the discounted price--no coupon is necessary to get the discount on the titles marked with a "Mega Sale" logo. All of these titles will appear on the site on June 1 and there will be rooms for you to sort through the Book and CD titles on sale.

www.deepdiscount.com

Also here are past codes that may work this time around too:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN
WCKG

Pissed that it ends the 17th. There are several series I want that come out the 19th. Like Tenchi Universe and 12 kingdom economy boxsets

[quote name='dafunkk12']Thanks for the help. So it still has the discs in individual cases with art?[/QUOTE]

That it does. It's the three single DVDs tossed into a cheap box.

[quote name='furyk']That it does. It's the three single DVDs tossed into a cheap box.[/QUOTE]
Thanks again for the quick response.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. People were saying that this was going to start later. I got:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Vol. 1 LE
Full Metal Panic TSR Vol. 2
Full Metal Panic TSR Vol. 3
Full Metal Panic TSR Vol. 4
Dragon Ball Z Complete Season 1 (to go with my $7.99 Season 2 score at BB :applause: )
The Prestige (BR)
The Departed (BR)
The Pursuit of Happyness (BR)
Night at the Museum (BR)

ordered just under $300 worht of stuff, will make another order here in a week or so when a couple more movies I want are available.

[quote name='furyk']That it does. It's the three single DVDs tossed into a cheap box.[/QUOTE]
Not true, not true!

The Genshiken ECONOMY set is actually three discs packed into a normal-sized DVD case. The disc content is the exact same, with no extras removed, but the packaging is completely different. They did the same kind of packaging for the Midori Days economy version as well.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not true, not true!

The Genshiken ECONOMY set is actually three discs packed into a normal-sized DVD case. The disc content is the exact same, with no extras removed, but the packaging is completely different. They did the same kind of packaging for the Midori Days economy version as well.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I'm a dirty liar then. This is a rather recent change then because all of the older economy boxes from Media Blasters were cheap cardboard/singles.

1 FXD020330 DVD : GRAPES OF WRATH, THE $ 8.31 In-stock
1 FXD038162 DVD : THAT THING YOU DO (DC/2D) $ 11.79 In-stock
1 MGD006786 DVD : STARGATE ATLANTIS-2ND SEASO $ 27.34 In-stock
1 MGD007431 DVD : RAGING BULL (CE) $ 16.39 In-stock
1 MGD907674 DVD : PATHS OF GLORY $ 7.72 In-stock
1 PRD004046 DVD : CHEERS-8TH SEASON $ 16.84 In-stock
1 WBD011959 DVD : ER-7TH SEASON $ 25.39 In-stock
1 WBD065816 DVD : TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADR $ 15.02 Avl 06/04

That is a sick price on Seasons of Cheers ($16) all 8 of them.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not true, not true!

The Genshiken ECONOMY set is actually three discs packed into a normal-sized DVD case. The disc content is the exact same, with no extras removed, but the packaging is completely different. They did the same kind of packaging for the Midori Days economy version as well.[/QUOTE]
Hmm. Now I just need to decide how important individual cases/art are to me. I was crazy enough to preorder both new Pokemon games for the stylus holder versus just buying one/both at CC for $7/each cheaper. Thanks to both of you for the info.

Canoe Multimedia Cabinet - Maple $35.96

American Splendor $7.40

Batman Beyond: Season 3 $18.77

Karate Kid Set $27.45

Scrubs - Season Five $27.89

Star Wars - Clone Wars: Vol. 1 $16.76

Star Wars - Clone Wars: Vol. 2 $16.76

Thing $9.49

Adventures of Ma and Pa Kettle - Volume 1 $14.23

Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy $20.74

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels $9.49

Munich $9.49

might hit up one or two more dvds later

So far the only things I really want are:

The Departed
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine S6 or S7
Da Ali G Show: Da Compleet Seereez

I need to figure out if I want anything else before too long.

Neverending Story/Neverending Story II
$7.40

Seven Years in Tibet
$9.49

Patriot
$14.14

Gremlins 2 - The New Batch
$8.28

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
$7.32

Last Samurai
$7.32

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Anniversary Edition
$7.91

discount = 12.37
total = 49.49

Sweeet.

sliders S3 for my first order.
Second order will be Dead Zone S5 when its released next week.
Debatable items are Brisco County Jr. and Andromeda

Lost - The Complete Second Season - $39.88

Lost - The Complete First Season - $46.12

28 Days Later - $10.39

American Hardcore - $19.83

Who's That Knocking at My Door? - $12.20

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - $12.20

Boxcar Bertha - $9.65

Protector - $15.41

Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior - $10.39

Dawn of the Dead - $30.18

Day of the Dead - $15.08

Discount - $44.27
Total - $177.06

Probably only 2 or 3 more that I'll order later, Seinfeld Season 8 when that comes out and Animation Show Vol. 1 & 2.

[quote name='dallow']Wait, why do you guys go crazy over 20%?[/quote]

20% off the typically lowest prices around

hmmmm, I wonder how I can scrape together to afford the Janus collection?

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale
$10.05
OPEN 1 0 $10.05

Babel [Blu-ray Disc]
$29.28
OPEN 1 0 $29.28

Scrubs - The Complete First Season
$32.33
OPEN 1 0 $32.33

Scrubs - The Complete Second Season
$32.33
OPEN 1 0 $32.33

Scrubs - Season Five
$27.89
OPEN 1 0 $27.89

Scrubs - Season 3
$29.86
OPEN 1 0 $29.86

Scrubs: The Complete Fourth Season
$29.86
OPEN 1 0 $29.86

Big Lebowski
$8.60
OPEN 1 0 $8.60

Thank You For Smoking
$14.74
OPEN 1 0 $14.74

V For Vendetta
$20.74
OPEN 1 0 $20.74

Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
$20.85
OPEN 1 0 $20.85

Fight Club
$14.74
OPEN 1 0 $14.74

Italian Job [Blu-ray Disc]
$21.89
OPEN 1 0 $21.89

Mission: Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection [Blu-ray Disc]
$59.87
OPEN 1 0 $59.87

Corpse Bride [Blu-ray Disc]
$19.32
OPEN 1 0 $19.32

DAMN YOU TRANSMISSION!!! If I only didn't charge that to my card, I could afford it, $455.59 is the best price I've ever seen on it. Hopefully I'll have it on my card for the next sale

[quote name='fart_bubble']20% off the typically lowest prices around

hmmmm, I wonder how I can scrape together to afford the Janus collection?[/QUOTE]

ya I think my total savings from teh 20% off was like $80, then the total savings due to DDD already having lower prices than everyone else was like in the $200 range.

My copy of Spirit Of The Beehive came out to $25.69 and my copy of ELECTRIC DRAGON 80,000V came out to 13.38

So I saved about $16 if your going through Amazon prices or $10 something with DDD's own prices and if you go for retail, I saved $25 something

Shit, it's on like Donkey Kong...going to check my wishlist now...

Edit: Ugh, I hate this time of year, but still good deals on stuff I really want to add to my collection.

Naruto Uncut - Box Set Vol. 2
$33.54
Naruto Uncut - Box Set Vol. 3
$33.54
Naruto OVA - Mission: Protect the Waterfall Villag
$8.71
Ultimate Matrix Collection [HD DVD]
$77.22
Scrubs - Season Five
$27.89
Noein: Volume 1
$12.06
Black Lagoon - Vol. 1
$20.12

Total Damage: $170.46

Ouch.

Picked up Rurouni Kenshin Season 2 for $43.52 (to complete the series) and Digital Video Essentials (DVD) for $13.38. Would have bought a few other things, but I'm short on cash right now, and have promised to cut down on unnecessary expenses.

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997
$42.36
Newsradio - The Complete Fifth Season
$24.28
Lethal Weapon 1/Lethal Weapon 2/Lethal Weapon 3
$7.28

$73.92

I'm done, not buying anything else. I really mean that. I only wanted Batman and then saw that Newsradio 5th season had came out.

I've noticed they've bumped a lot of stuff up to MSRP, more then in the past. I had a few flicks on my wishlist that were sub $10. But now are $15+

hmmmm, I wonder how I can scrape together to afford the Janus collection?[/quote]

.. and no tax and free shipping.

hmmmm, I wonder how I can scrape together to afford the Janus collection?[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, I hate you for bringing that up. Now I'm going to have to spend the 400 or so dollars on it.

hmmmm, I wonder how I can scrape together to afford the Janus collection?[/quote]Unless they turn into GameStop and jack up their prices for the sale. He-Man sets are up from $20 to $27. Discount brings it down to $21, woo. As a result, might just stick with Voltron V2 for now.

[quote name='fart_bubble']20% off the typically lowest prices around[/quote]

Yeah, that and the fact that those of us who buy anime pretty much know that it's WAY less common for anime to ever be discounted anywhere as opposed to mainstream DVDs. So that on top of DDD's lowest or near-lowest prices makes a pretty big difference, even if it's "just" a 20% sale.

1 FUN002242 DVD : DRAGON BALL Z VEGETA SAGA S $ 24.39
1 FXD025792 DVD : STAR WARS-CLONE WARS V.01 $ 13.41
1 FXD031413 DVD : STAR WARS-CLONE WARS V.02 ( $ 13.41
1 PRD005538 DVD : STAR TREK-COMPLETE ORIGINAL $ 110.76

Merchandise Total: $ 161.97

Will probably place another order in a few days, couple things I was on the fence about picking up.

[quote name='Graystone']I'm done, not buying anything else. I really mean that. I only wanted Batman and then saw that Newsradio 5th season had came out. [/QUOTE]
Hmmm, I wasn't aware that NewsRadio S5 was out yet either. I have mixed feelings about picking up that set. I've got the first four seasons, so I should just finish it off, but I remember that all I kept thinking while watching it when it aired was how depressing it was that Phil Hartman was gone.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might actually let this sale go by without buying anything at all.

[quote name='botticus']Unless they turn into GameStop and jack up their prices for the sale. He-Man sets are up from $20 to $27. Discount brings it down to $21, woo. As a result, might just stick with Voltron V2 for now.[/quote]

Are you referring to the MOTU sets or all He-man (New Adventures and She-ra) sets having an increase?

Just for the record = DDD rules!!!!!

Picked up the new, just released, Andy Griffith Show Complete Series - 40 disc box set for

Thanks for the heads-up. I try to get in early on these, because DD has a habit of raising prices at least 10% after a few days. Ordered Complete Matrix Trilogy and Children of Men on HD DVD. That's enough for me!

[quote name='kdunn77']Are you referring to the MOTU sets or all He-man (New Adventures and She-ra) sets having an increase?[/quote]All of them.

[quote name='botticus']All of them.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up botticus, I'll be holding off on those sets for now. :applause:

For now just this

MABURAHO-COMPLETE COLLECTIO $ 37.59
TENCHI MUYO GXP BOX SET $ 43.91

$110.21 after discount

I'm going to place a very small order. I'll post it up later.

I just noticed that a lot of stuff in my wishlist is way more expensive than before. I'm just going to order some Criterions, so I'll wait to see if dvdplanet matches this sale (they sometimes do).

hmmm, WWE Royal Rumble set looks mighty tempting. Any obvious deals for that one elsewhere? I'm assuming the DDD sale is my best bet, but I want to double-check before pulling the trigger.

My first and (hopefully) only purchase this go round:

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 COL009006 DVD : TAE GUK GI-BROTHERHOOD OF W $ 7.60 In-stock
1 COL011730 DVD : 2046 $ 7.66 In-stock
1 FAC073549 DVD : OASIS $ 10.97 In-stock
1 HSV002602 DVD : BANG RAJAN $ 12.04 In-stock
1 NLD010887 DVD : PAN'S LABYRINTH (2D) $ 17.91 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 56.18
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 56.18

I've been buying way too may movies recently and just invested in an upconverting player. Heck, I've still got movies from this sale LAST May that I haven't watched yet! :)

Placed my Second order;

1 BAN026306 DVD : PLANETES COMPLETE COLLECTIO $ 24.43 Avl 06/11
1 FUN002242 DVD : DRAGON BALL Z VEGETA SAGA S $ 24.39 Avl 06/08

Total for this Order: $ 48.82

I'm really pondering getting all of TNG, I'll probably place one more order with other odds and ends at least.

bread's done
Back