[DEAD] FREE USB Headset w/ Mic

I'm guessing "Canceled promotion" more than "expired".  I know it says expired but it "expiring" the morning after the Reddit flood probably isn't a coincidence.

Yea, if my order history just disappeared with no signs of ever existing, I wouldn't chalk it up as an expired promotion.

Definitely agree. To be on the safe side, I sent a support query asking why this had happened even though I activated the trial. I even messed around a bit with the program and it's not that bad to be honest.

Definitely agree. To be on the safe side, I sent a support query asking why this had happened even though I activated the trial. I even messed around a bit with the program and it's not that bad to be honest.
Let me know if they respond. I activated my trial last night as well and will be curious to know if it's worth pursuing from that angle.

Lol, no surpirse that they cancelled. It wasn't meant to be for so many. Let's put this into perspective if 100 people ordered it(and you know it was more than that) they're already out $4000. And notice the code says "educator" and they send you an email talking about your "students" after you sign up. This was clearly meant for teachers, not a bunch of random people.

I sure wouldn't email them, just let it go.

I got the confirmation email yesterday and checked my account history> orders and it's gone.

I kind of figured it was too good to be true. This isn't the first time I signed up for something in the contest and free sections that wasn't honored.

They should have had a quantity that once the code was used enough it just stopped working all together yesterday.  I've already emailed them and taken pictures of my email order and sent it, then I did the whole nine yards about not honoring your own deals and so forth, I'm going to keep emailing and seeing what the responses are because I find it fun.

They should have had a quantity that once the code was used enough it just stopped working all together yesterday.
Regardless, it's supposed to be a gift for people who are actually interested in their product. Not a hand-out for a bunch of internet mooches (myself included). If you know you have 100 units to give away and 98 of them are going to go to people who'll never be interested in buying your product, canceling the promotion makes perfect sense.

Kinda figured it was too good to last. They had to figure out something was up once the flood gates opened.

Maybe I should have used my .edu e-mail, make it look more legit

Not that anybody really has room to complain. A bad design on the site's part, yes, but considering you needed a special code to get in on the offer it was obviously not meant for the public.

They should have had a quantity that once the code was used enough it just stopped working all together yesterday. I've already emailed them and taken pictures of my email order and sent it, then I did the whole nine yards about not honoring your own deals and so forth, I'm going to keep emailing and seeing what the responses are because I find it fun.
Lol, they don't care if you're dissatisfied. You made your account yesterday, the free thing is the only thing you ordered, and you're not who the deal was meant for in the first place.

No one is moralizing. I took my shot at the same deal. But I don't think there's ground to be upset that they're not honoring the promotion.
Yup, I fully expect people in this community (myself included) to try for this deal (I even entered twice using two addresses names and computers)

But when it took about 10 seconds, was clearly not intended for our use, and was a free item, no point in getting upset. Not out anything for trying.

Lol, they don't care if you're dissatisfied. You made your account yesterday, the free thing is the only thing you ordered, and you're not who the deal was meant for in the first place.
You can quote me, and you can laugh and act like I care, but they get paid to deal with emails, so I'll give them a bit to work with and have some laughs while I do it, maybe read the whole message you quote first, said I'm gonna have some fun with it, not "Omgozzors I'm Butthurt"

You can quote me, and you can laugh and act like I care, but they get paid to deal with emails, so I'll give them a bit to work with and have some laughs while I do it, maybe read the whole message you quote first, said I'm gonna have some fun with it, not "Omgozzors I'm Butthurt"
I did read it, thanks. Nice to see you're so proud of being an asshole.

Internet Moral Superiority Ahooy! Couldn't give a damn less about how I email once or twice while I'm working, get back to topic or just leave, we're bringing up a dead deal.

Yup, I fully expect people in this community (myself included) to try for this deal (I even entered twice using two addresses names and computers)

But when it took about 10 seconds, was clearly not intended for our use, and was a free item, no point in getting upset. Not out anything for trying.

IMO you're greed is worse then the whiners. You're greed is often why the don't honor these types of promos.

Whiners do nothing but whine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read it, thanks. Nice to see you're so proud of being an asshole.
HEY......I was going to call him an asshole. His idea of fun is being a dick over something he has no cause to be a dick about.

Calmdawg = ASSHOLE.

It's these kinds of member that bring this community down.

Simmer down people, it's the Internet and you have preconceived notions that you really know someone.

Name calling just turns this into the bodybuilding forum, and nobody wants that!

Hugs for all!

I had sent a brief support ticket ("I noticed an invoice is missing, please advise") and received a response that I had not completed the necessary preliminary steps so my order was canceled.

I remember seeing something on Reddit about a video from which the code was taken.  I'm guessing unless you had registered and taken the appropriate steps to get the video, they know you're a moocher who got the code online.  So there's not any wiggle room for debate.

No hard feelings on my end but just to let anyone else know.

Just got this email: 

"Thank you for your interest in SmartMusic. Recently you placed an order for a free microphone using a code that is part of a special promotion for music educators. Unfortunately you have not met the requirements for this promotion and your order has been cancelled. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
If you upgraded your shipping to ground or express your credit card has not been charged.
Any questions or concerns can been addressed with our Customer Support team at http://www.smartmusic.com/support/.

Thank you,

MakeMusic, Inc."

We basically all tried to rip them off and you're crying that it didn't work? Grow up.

Thank you for your interest in SmartMusic. Recently you placed an order for a free microphone using a code that is part of a special promotion for music educators. Unfortunately you have not met the requirements for this promotion and your order has been cancelled. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

True. I'm a musician (hobby), not an educator ;)

Just received my cancellation email. Oh well, it was worth a shot :p

Thank you for your interest in SmartMusic. Recently you placed an order for a free microphone using a code that is part of a special promotion for music educators. Unfortunately you have not met the requirements for this promotion and your order has been cancelled. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

If you upgraded your shipping to ground or express your credit card has not been charged.
Any questions or concerns can been addressed with our Customer Support team at http://smartmusic.com/support.

Thank you,

MakeMusic, Inc.

I had sent a brief support ticket ("I noticed an invoice is missing, please advise") and received a response that I had not completed the necessary preliminary steps so my order was canceled.

I remember seeing something on Reddit about a video from which the code was taken. I'm guessing unless you had registered and taken the appropriate steps to get the video, they know you're a moocher who got the code online. So there's not any wiggle room for debate.

No hard feelings on my end but just to let anyone else know.

I blame the TC then. He created a topic about a promo that he didn't even know the qualifications for. Therefore dozens of members in the community pretty much wasted their time.

It's not my first round a go at something like this. When I first signed up I was suspicious that the company wouldn't honor it.

We basically all tried to rip them off and you're crying that it didn't work? Grow up.

How is taking up an promotional offer from a company ripping them off? It's not the consumers fault they don't know what the qualifications are for the promo.

As mentioned in earlier posts sometimes these types of companies do bait and switches and they will amend their terms of service.

Why do I put this stuff off? I saw this two days ago, and could have had a nice headset.

I probably thought it was one of those cheap freebies from 1daysale or something. Such is life.

Why do I put this stuff off? I saw this two days ago, and could have had a nice headset.

I probably thought it was one of those cheap freebies from 1daysale or something. Such is life.
I think everyone's order got cancelled so you didn't miss out on much.

Again read the whole message, I wasn't crying it didn't work. I emailed them with that whole not honoring your offer, and also used kind words, you can get more flies with honey than with vinegar. I recieved a few emails back from their support, the first was hopeful that they where looking into reinstating my order, but that one fell through, then obviously the ones you guys already got saying how I didn't meet the prerequirements to get the offer, then I got quite a surprise with another nice one, telling me where to go to meet the requirements, if and when they start up the program again.

Any questions or concerns can been addressed with our Customer Support team at http://www.smartmusic.com/support/.

Waste of time is money lost. rofl to bad to i was gonna use them. $ lost from me and shady stuff they did makes me spread the neg reps when someone asks. now time to cry... lol

bread's done
Back