[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

My redemption screenwas also codeless. Clicked the QR code, and now receive the following message: "The voucher you're trying to access is no longer available."

Sent a DM to GameStop, figured it'd be worth a try.

Count me in for one of the folks who got a code early. Tried to redeem it immediately and got an error, tried to redeem it later and got the code's been used message.

I think they got hit so hard and heavy and fast that the system doling out the codes was way overwhelmed.  It couldn't hand out codes fast enough and started handing out the same code to more than one person.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no one got a code that actually worked? Shit is going to hit the fan. Especially when people start selling these codes.  :rofl:

It ended so fast because of all the greedy little fucks like you. Take one and move along, is that so hard to do? I got mine at least.
Not really.

Anyways, got a extra 3 so 6 in total. Wasn't able to redeem one since it was already redeemed somehow.

got-to-say-today-was-a-good-day-o.gif

Mine works :0

I think I'll try and sell it, can't find anything else I want for $10 :/

So no one got a code that actually worked? Shit is going to hit the fan. Especially when people start selling these codes. :rofl:
Mine worked, got it before they dropped the second clue. I redeemed it online for what its worth, not on the Xbox

I think they got hit so hard and heavy and fast that the system doling out the codes was way overwhelmed...
Doubtful. Probably whoever was in charge of setting up the database that stores the codes still had last weeks batch queued, and it gave away those again instead. They pulled the promo temporarily once the mistake was caught so they could fix it.

That said, if you're sitting on codes from last week, I'd use them now.

So no one got a code that actually worked? Shit is going to hit the fan. Especially when people start selling these codes. :rofl:
You can verify if a code still works without redeeming it. Unless of course people are crooks and want to sell used codes. :)

Doubtful. Probably whoever was in charge of setting up the database that stores the codes still had last weeks batch queued, and it gave away those again instead. They pulled the promo temporarily once the mistake was caught so they could fix it.

That said, if you're sitting on codes from last week, I'd use them now.
Maybe

Up to 13 codes so far. It's great having half Indian kids at home for summer break working like a sweatshop for dad's Xbox live credits

Weird...

I got a code that redeemed just fine about 10 minutes ago. *shrug*  :p

At least I can FINALLY say I got a code from this promo, after missing this the past two weeks.  :D/

Got a couple more codes to work now. My legit account got screwed by a duplicate code which sucks, But got a few others to go through. Stopping at the five I got. That's two free arcade games which is good enough. Plus most likely won't be able to participate in next weeks debacle.

Mine worked, my wife's worked, my mom's said already been used. all on different computers and in different towns. Werid. Oh well, $10 is more than good enough for me. Love this promo

This whole promo is proof of a new sort of greedy self absorbed gamer. People trying as fast as they can to abuse this promo to scam as much cash as possible. People making 100's while other can't get a single code. To the people bragging about how much they got today I say "you're one of the largest reasons I don't play online games with strangers and pretty much avoid other gamers altogether". A promo that could've been fun for everyone to get $5 for a movie rental or DLC turns into a stressful cash grab with no sense of community or fellow gamers.

I was able to get quite a few today but most of my codes didnt work. :(

Only 5 codes worked.

2 of my accounts got this code

2GDGN-9TPP2-KYFQF-XKMCG-KTKRJ

This whole promo is proof of a new sort of greedy self absorbed gamer. People trying as fast as they can to abuse this promo to scam as much cash as possible. People making 100's while other can't get a single code. To the people bragging about how much they got today I say "you're one of the largest reasons I don't play online games with strangers and pretty much avoid other gamers altogether". A promo that could've been fun for everyone to get $5 for a movie rental or DLC turns into a stressful cash grab with no sense of community or fellow gamers.
Welcome to 2014?

While I get your point, I don't think ANYONE had time to go through 100s of FB accounts. If they could do so that fast, then more power to them. :)

I think a good percentage here got one for them selves and their spouse or sibiling . I know I did the current weeks. I got one for my wife and my self. However, if my brother says, "I got a code because I like treasure hunts (which I didn't even know how to reply to him after that) but I'll never use it so here." I gladly accept it. However, people getting 10 20 and more, yeah, they ruin it. Not all people online are scumbags though.

yeah same here, the 2 codes i got when it first started were used...the ones when it came back up are all good
Maybe it was there way of weeding through the people that were using multiple FB accounts to get lots of codes. :)

This is always the most fun aspect of these giveaways. The people who couldn't get more cry foul at others who did.

Maybe it was there way of weeding through the people that were using multiple FB accounts to get lots of codes. :)
Kinda the opposite. If you have only one or two accounts like normal and used those at the beginning you were screwed completely. You got two used codes while the people with 100 accounts were able to use their other 98 accounts to get legit codes. lol

I think a good percentage here got one for them selves and their spouse or sibiling . I know I did the current weeks. I got one for my wife and my self. However, if my brother says, "I got a code because I like treasure hunts (which I didn't even know how to reply to him after that) but I'll never use it so here." I gladly accept it. However, people getting 10 20 and more, yeah, they ruin it. Not all people online are scumbags though.
Yeah, if you have legit friends and family getting codes for you, that's great. That's part of being a friend or family. I did this myself, and have gotten 3 each week (2 this week though since one was said it's already been used)

If you're making fake facebook accounts for this, you are going to kill this promo in the future. And you have wayy too much free time.

The best way for them to do this in the future is to tie it with your gamertag. then you have to authenticate with your gamertag, the code is locked to your gamertag and that's it. one per gamertag, and bam - that's it. the most you could get is $5. Sure, you could create multiple gamertags, but each would only get $5 in them.

Wow I did it with my account, my brother tried his and my mom did hers, and each one got a used code

Yeah, if you have legit friends and family getting codes for you, that's great. That's part of being a friend or family. I did this myself, and have gotten 3 each week (2 this week though since one was said it's already been used)

If you're making fake facebook accounts for this, you are going to kill this promo in the future. And you have wayy too much free time.

The best way for them to do this in the future is to tie it with your gamertag. then you have to authenticate with your gamertag, the code is locked to your gamertag and that's it. one per gamertag, and bam - that's it. the most you could get is $5. Sure, you could create multiple gamertags, but each would only get $5 in them.

You sound retarded

Kinda the opposite. If you have only one or two accounts like normal and used those at the beginning you were screwed completely. You got two used codes while the people with 100 accounts were able to use their other 98 accounts to get legit codes. lol
yeap. i was one of those casualties. My bro tried it after it went down and he got one that worked.

I was able to get 5 codes... used the cleared browsing history every time. I made sure to register them on Microsoft Account page. Click the Payment options tab and enter the code there... just feels a bit more legit, with all the chaos going on.

I did use 5 different Facebook accounts. just incase ppl are wondering. I have 2 accounts, GF, mothers, and sister.

bread's done
Back