[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

i dont have a xbox and none of my friends want it. so heres a code that i got.

RQ96N-G9CC4-H642C-6VDK2-J42H8

may not work, may work.

Sent them a tweet about 5 mins ago. Hopefully they reply back with a new code, i even still have the used one if they need conformation. But i have a feeling i wont be getting one. Will let you guys know if i do. 

For anyone who knows. 

I know it says that the codes will expire on 12/31/2014.  and a poster above said that they last 1 year once in your account.

So if i redeem my codes on 12/30/2014 will they last till 2015?

I would use them now but i rather get the most time i can with them since their isnt much on the Xbox1 that i want currently. 

Some cags got a reply form GS through DM, and guys on twitter confirmed that pictures.  But it's only few, just take a look at how many ppl have no reply what so ever.

Ended up $75 in credit this week (Thanks kids). Got $11 in Bing rewards (Amazon) and I found a $1 bill outside today. I feel great

Last week I got 4 codes from myself and family. This week the codes I got on those accounts appeared as used.

Other friends did it for me today for the first time and those were all ok. Might have something to do with it

ok speculations on this one:

GS will bale on us and no body will receive any replacement.

1. Because number of unsatisfied ppl is growing large.

2. GS would think ppl just tagging along with the issue to receive free code.

or

GS will follow through with everyone.  To be on the safe side they will ask for confirmation and issue replacement code.

>Hopefully GS will not give up on us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tweeted them about getting a replacement code but I forgot that I don't follow them meaning they can't send me a DM. They even replied to a few tweets asking people to follow them so they can send a DM.

So make sure to follow them or they have no way of sending you a replacement.

Is the expiration date for the code redemption or the use of the funds?
The expiration date is usually when the code can no longer be redeemed. Once redeemed, promotional credit will expire one year from the date you redeemed it. It's possible certain promotional credits will have different lifespans, but I've only seen one year. Also, when making purchases, the promotional credit that expires the soonest will always be used first.

You can view your total balance, along with promotional amounts and expiration dates by going here and clicking the Microsoft account payment type:

https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument/

^

I never knew promotional balance had an expiration or about that website that clearly shows when your credit expires. Thanks for that!

To stop cheaters, Amazon autoflags accounts that are logged in on websites on the same computer lol. I had 2 facebooks to use on another website and even though i used pinger to verify them, they had to be verified again, which doesn't make any sense. 

To stop cheaters, Amazon autoflags accounts that are logged in on websites on the same computer lol. I had 2 facebooks to use on another website and even though i used pinger to verify them, they had to be verified again, which doesn't make any sense.
What does this have to do with Amazon? :p

The expiration date is usually when the code can no longer be redeemed. Once redeemed, promotional credit will expire one year from the date you redeemed it. It's possible certain promotional credits will have different lifespans, but I've only seen one year. Also, when making purchases, the promotional credit that expires the soonest will always be used first.

You can view your total balance, along with promotional amounts and expiration dates by going here and clicking the Microsoft account payment type:
https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument/
I checked and it says nothing about an expiration date for these codes.

[quote name="kyuby" post="11894730" timestamp="1404496209"]24 hours since I tweeted them about my used code, and they haven't replied yet[/quote]

Have you tried reminding them?

I hope they do something about the used codes. I had 4 used ones.
Doubt it at this point. The way they were having people do it got overrun with requests and new(fake) twitter accounts. At most you'd get one anyway since it supposed to be one per person to begin with.

I'd give that one of my speculations came true: GS bailed and left many folks without replacement code.  It was more than a day so mind as well let it go and get ready for another treasure hunt.

bread's done
Back