(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

Preordered my copy with the e-gift card from my Fallout: New Vegas preorder. Thanks for the post. Spend $5.83 out of pocket for a Blu-ray? Hell ya.

Pre-ordered it, thanks OP. Like others I hope Amazon price matches this but it's too good to pass up.

Very tempting, but I might have to wait till black friday. I want to upgrade my first Iron Man DVD to BD soon, and get the '08 Hulk on BD.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to see how the Blu transition is going. I like it very much.

Disc 1: BD of Movie & some special features
Disc 2: BD of more special features
Disc 3: DVD of barebones movie & digital copy.

Very nice way of distributing the content. No worthless disc of just a digital copy, let the kids watch the movie on any DVD player you have, and watch a ton of special features when you can sit down and enjoy blu-ray. They're finally doing it right. :applause:

(Disney almost had it right except for the splitting of DVD/Digital on pointlessly separate discs)

I guess target is the only company doing a steelbook version?
but for the price walmart has, I cant really pass that up even though I don't have a blu ray player yet lol

Had to get one, can't beat that price anywhere. Like many, I hope Amazon price matches. I would also rather give them my business.

[quote name='squishface']I guess target is the only company doing a steelbook version?
but for the price walmart has, I cant really pass that up even though I don't have a blu ray player yet lol[/QUOTE]
For the record, that's not a SteelBook, its a MetalPak. Other countries are doing a steelbook version (Germany and part of Asia)

Placed, and I still think I have my Target order for the special edition ones, and I can't find it...... Lame.

Great price for a bad movie.

sorry, Iron Man 2 does not deserve my BluRay money. i already wasted 10$ seeing this in theaters.

I'd usually wait to see if there will be an Amazon match, but I doubt it would be more than a dollar difference (if any difference at all). Thanks OP.

[quote name='siniestro02']got one! how come you all want to switch to amazon once they price match?[/QUOTE]
No tax for most and a lot of us use Amazon credit we've built up from trading.

Ordered one too.

I'd rather give my business to Amazon for some of the reasons mentioned above, so I e-mailed their Customer Service people to see if they would PM, since they were in such a war with Walmart last year. Unfortunately, the response was, "we don't PM, but we do have the pre-order guarantee" yadda yadda.

Oh well, worth a shot! Guess Walmart just got my $15.

If it was a mistake, maybe Walmart won't cancel the orders that were already placed. I'm not sure what they normally do in those cases.

Bummer...I was about to email Amazon to see if I could get a PM on my existing pre-order. Ah well, guess It'll have to come from Wal-Mart. No release date delivery, but for about $7 cheaper, I'll take it.

Now it makes sense of why it was $15 and not the current price of $24.96 it was now.

I think they meant to have the price be $24.96 and not the discount. Current price is $24.96, though that's what the discount was when I placed my pre-order. I think someone meant to enter in $24.96 in the price field and not in the discount field, which is why it ended up as $15, since I think the MSRP with Walmart was $39.96.

I'll bet they all get canceled. If this was a week before it releases, we might get lucky, two weeks before release, I doubt it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Now it makes sense of why it was $15 and not the current price of $24.96 it was now.

I think they meant to have the price be $24.96 and not the discount. Current price is $24.96, though that's what the discount was when I placed my pre-order. I think someone meant to enter in $24.96 in the price field and not in the discount field, which is why it ended up as $15, since I think the MSRP with Walmart was $39.96.

I'll bet they all get canceled. If this was a week before it releases, we might get lucky, two weeks before release, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Please don't say that. My ridiculous $18 BSG set got cancelled. I'd be pissed if Iron Man gets canceled too.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Please don't say that. My ridiculous $18 BSG set got cancelled. I'd be pissed if Iron Man gets canceled too.[/QUOTE]Doesn't matter what I say. It's what Walmart decides to do.

They better not fucking cancel it.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I think they meant to have the price be $24.96 and not the discount.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... How the fuck do you "mix up" $24.96 with $15... ?

Someone over at bluray.com is reporting that they got a look at the ad for the week Iron Man 2 comes out and the combo pack is listed for $15 in the ad. Maybe them killing the deal was just a case of them not wanting to show their hand this early and get price matched by Amazon two weeks before the movie comes out.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Seriously... How the fuck do you "mix up" $24.96 with $15... ?[/QUOTE]Damned if I know.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Someone over at bluray.com is reporting that they got a look at the ad for the week Iron Man 2 comes out and the combo pack is listed for $15 in the ad. Maybe them killing the deal was just a case of them not wanting to show their hand this early and get price matched by Amazon two weeks before the movie comes out.[/QUOTE]That makes more sense, and in that case, the orders shouldn't get canceled.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Someone over at bluray.com is reporting that they got a look at the ad for the week Iron Man 2 comes out and the combo pack is listed for $15 in the ad. Maybe them killing the deal was just a case of them not wanting to show their hand this early and get price matched by Amazon two weeks before the movie comes out.[/QUOTE]

no it's THIS week's ad. I saw it in store

take a look here:

http://walmart.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/presentation/media/September_12_2010/?rfx_versioningid=32&rfx_versions=32&drpStoreID=5069&drpStoreID=5069&ec_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fecircular%2Fca_ecircularfinder_results.do%3Fsfsearch_zip%3D08876%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

it has Iron Man 2 in with the $15 blu-ray movie section and it says "$15 each. Blu-ray Disc Movies"

Maybe the price was supposed to go into effect when the movie actually came out and they let it go early?

EDIT:
So even if for some odd reason they cancel your orders, you can pick it up in store at this price. If they give you hassle, just refer to the ad. I wonder if we'll be able to price match the Target metal pack with this, that could be interesting..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Penguin1084']no it's THIS week's ad. I saw it in store

take a look here:

http://walmart.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/presentation/media/September_12_2010/?rfx_versioningid=32&rfx_versions=32&drpStoreID=5069&drpStoreID=5069&ec_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fecircular%2Fca_ecircularfinder_results.do%3Fsfsearch_zip%3D08876%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

it has Iron Man 2 in with the $15 blu-ray movie section and it says "$15 each. Blu-ray Disc Movies"

Maybe the price was supposed to go into effect when the movie actually came out and they let it go early?[/QUOTE]It's not in the same color block as the other movies, which might show that it's not the same $15 price as the other items. Bad place for them to put it, as they could have moved it elsewhere on the page and not had the confusion. I doubt they'll be bringing it out for $15.

The pic on page 11 of the Flash ad link shows Iron Man 2 in a white block, with the other movies that are $15 in an orange block. That would make me think Iron Man 2 isn't supposed to be $15, though again, bad ad design as you could certainly think it would be $15 on release.

I think we're back to trying to see if it'll get canceled or not.

EDIT:
Penguin1084, we can't have ad scans on CAG, so I removed your pic. Link still works, so let's use that instead, and it's on page 11.

[quote name='Penguin1084']no it's THIS week's ad. I saw it in store

take a look here:

Maybe the price was supposed to go into effect when the movie actually came out and they let it go early?

EDIT:
So even if for some odd reason they cancel your orders, you can pick it up in store at this price. If they give you hassle, just refer to the ad. I wonder if we'll be able to price match the Target metal pack with this, that could be interesting..[/QUOTE]

Personally, it looks to me as if it's NOT supposed to be part of the $15 sale, It's off to the side , in it's own white background, and It's image is larger than the others. It was probably just a notice advertising when the item will be in stock. I hope my order doesn't get canceled but I think it's a mistake to begin with.

I saw that in the ad this week and agree it's NOT supposed to be part of the $15 price. I think Walmart would've made a bigger deal about IM2 for $15, honestly.

I've had Walmart go either way with mistakes, sometimes they cancel and sometimes they ship, I think it depends on how many orders they got and how big of a loss they'll take if they honor it. I usually get a gift card or something when they cancel so they may decide it's not worth the cancellations if they have to send everyone $5 anyway.

bread's done
Back