(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

cancelled also, saying limited availability, funny how you can still order it for $24.96 and before it was listed on their site front page for $15.00. Paypal money was refunded

Yes, mine was canceled as well. I sent a very strongly worded, yet well stated, letter to customer service. Hopefully amazon will drop their price a bit more since we are all such good customers. ^.^

I just called the customer service number listed in the cancellation e-mail. The rep said that the distributor cancelled the order because they weren't able to fulfill (yeah, right), and that the item is still being shown online as being available because the system hasn't updated yet (also, yeah right!). She did tell me that I could re-order at the new price, and then call back customer service and they would have a note on my order to adjust to the original $15 to honor their Preorder Pricing Promise. I'll try that later today (on my way to work) and see if that works, otherwise I'll just cancel the second order myself.

Mine was canceled as well. No big loss. I can wait an extra 2-3 months to get it for $15 during the Xmas shopping season.

Canceled as well. From reading other posts, I think it is a bunch of shite. They just didn't want to lose money and saw all of the pre-orders that they would have to fulfill. Walmart has always sucked ass and again, they prove me right.

[quote name='jbirou']I just called the customer service number listed in the cancellation e-mail. The rep said that the distributor cancelled the order because they weren't able to fulfill (yeah, right), and that the item is still being shown online as being available because the system hasn't updated yet (also, yeah right!). She did tell me that I could re-order at the new price, and then call back customer service and they would have a note on my order to adjust to the original $15 to honor their Preorder Pricing Promise. I'll try that later today (on my way to work) and see if that works, otherwise I'll just cancel the second order myself.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious that they said it is still showing as available because the site hasn't updated yet. They sure got the site updated quickly when they realized they didn't like the $15 price being up there.

Mine was canceled. I used gift cards from preordering games I had saved to get this and a couple other Blu-Rays, with $3.xx tax going on my debit card. They refunded $0.44 onto one gift card and nothing on my debit card for the cancellation. I said two sentences to the customer service guy on the phone and have now been on hold just under 33 minutes.

I'll be damned if I don't get this cheaper than $15 after all this, I shouldn't have to waste my personal time because they don't know how to issue a refund.

[quote name='BuckSatan']That's hilarious that they said it is still showing as available because the site hasn't updated yet. They sure got the site updated quickly when they realized they didn't like the $15 price being up there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree! It was definitely a "How can I get out of this phone call as fast as possible?" response on part of the CSR. Oh well, maybe it's a tactic others can try!

EDIT: I just got off the phone with another CSR, who verified that the price on my re-order will be adjusted to $15. I guess they assume that the vast majority of people who got their ordered canceled will not try to get Walmart to honor the original price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called in and now that they're saying it's a price mistake, so they can't honor it. :whistle2:s They also said that no supervisors are available :whistle2:s and that no orders have been reinstated at the $15 price :whistle2:s. Love that consistent customer service. :whistle2:s

Plus, if you go to the local ad link that Penguin1084 posted, it's still showing as $15 when you float your cursor over it.

EDIT: Apparently, the rep I spoke with on Walmart called me back about 10 minutes after my call to them, saying he spoke with his supervisor and that they'd honor the price. I'd make a new order and he would adjust the price of the item to $15. The rep updated it while I was on the phone with him, and it's showing the correct price for the original order with $15 + tax.

I guess what did it was the fact I kept pointing out that the order was canceled for an invalid reason and if they just said it was a pricing mistake, it would have been a non-issue, plus the fact that he said that it was the $24.96 price since 07/13/10 :whistle2:s and has never been $15. That and the website local ad was still showing the $15 price.

[quote name='shrike4242']They also said that no supervisors are available :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

That part is true. Hour and a half on hold now waiting for one. Hate Wal-Mart.

Just got another email after I sent off a disappointment email yesterday.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding cancellation of Iron Man 2.

Unfortunately, due to a pricing error your Blu-ray: Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) was cancelled. A refund has been issued to your original method of payment. We will honor the original purchase price. If you would like to reorder the item please email us back and we will replace the order using your original method of payment and credit the difference in price to your original method of payment.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

I replied of course with a yes. So Emails may work if phoning them doesnt.
Yay for no human contact!

Just sent them an email. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work, no harm, no foul. I'll wait until I can get this movie for cheap, as it's not a must-have for me.

Sent an email last night once I receive the cancellation email and also got a positive response.

Unfortunately, due to a pricing error your Blu-ray: Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) was cancelled. A refund has been issued to your original method of payment. We will honor the original purchase price. If you would like to reorder the item please email us back and we will replace the order using your original method of payment and credit the difference in price to your original method of payment.

I will note they tried to call me before they issued this email (unable to answer).
So props for walmart customer service (at least the email department).

Just called the 800 number. Got told by both the phone rep and a "supervisor" that there is nothing they can do and that I can order it for $24.96. I emphasized on the fact that I was given the pre-order guarantee and that its still on their site for $15 via the "local ad." Both people said "well its in our terms that we can cancel it and its $24.96 on the site" which kinda tells me that they don't understand what the word "guarantee" means let alone are incapable of looking up the "local ad" on their own site. I got left with being told I would hear something within one business day with how this will get resolved but I can order it for $24.96.

Oh, and according to the "supervisor" they haven't adjusted the price back to $15 for anyone on this at all. I guess she might not be aware that they in fact have already. Just sent an e-mail reply to the cancellation notice in hopes maybe that will get things resolved.

wow, i think for $10 I'll avoid the hassle! :bomb: may not be smart financially, but it's a pretty justifiable purchase day one no matter what.

[quote name='shrike4242']
EDIT: Apparently, the rep I spoke with on Walmart called me back about 10 minutes after my call to them, saying he spoke with his supervisor and that they'd honor the price.
[/QUOTE]

I'd follow what you did but I know it's going to be a waste of time and I won't get my order honored... :roll:

Edit: Yep... wasted my time. I noticed my email said "limited availability" so I called. They straight up said, were idiots we know, it's getting so old we had to put up a special message on out CS line saying it is so don't call and try to get this price for Ironman 2... They used the BS "we reserve the right to cancel your order" even if were idiots as the best reason to not honor the price error.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, i think for $10 I'll avoid the hassle! :bomb: may not be smart financially, but it's a pretty justifiable purchase day one no matter what.[/QUOTE]As I told the rep repeatedly, had they canceled it and said "it was a price mistake", I wouldn't have emailed / called to complain. Since it was a bogus reason for the cancellation and the website was still showing the $15 on the daily ad, plus the fact that he said "it's been $24.96 since July 13th", it was worth making a stink over. If they didn't honor it, oh well. I took my one shot and lucked out, as have others, though not all.

I just tried calling the 800#. They've added a message to their recording for customers who pre-ordered Iron Man 2 and had their order canceled to get more information. Supposedly, everyone who had their order cancelled should be receiving an e-mail shortly with next steps on how to replace the order. You can hear the message if you call the 800# and press 9. I assume this means they're going to reinstate all the orders? Though the message does say they reserve the right to cancel any orders due to pricing errors.

[quote name='POMusashi']I just tried calling the 800#. They've added a message to their recording for customers who pre-ordered Iron Man 2 and had their order canceled to get more information. Supposedly, everyone who had their order cancelled should be receiving an e-mail shortly with next steps on how to replace the order. You can hear the message if you call the 800# and press 9. I assume this means they're going to reinstate all the orders? Though the message does say they reserve the right to cancel any orders due to pricing errors.[/QUOTE]I have a feeling that it won't be at the $15 price, though we'll see what happens when the emails start going out.

I'm going to hope they'll honor it for everyone, since as they've done it for some previous orders, they should do it for all or do it for none.

They must have decided that it was worth their while dollar-wise to go ahead and let the customers re-order IM2 at the $15 price. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their heart, no doubt...

Stage 1:
Oh good deal! Wheres amazon? Pff definitely a price error?

Stage 2:
WTF?!?!?! they canceled our order! Walmart sucks!!!

Stage 3:
Calling customer service

Stage 4:
TBA.

I haven't contacted Walmart, didn't even read the cancellation email closely but just now noticed that mine did indeed say "Due to limited availability." I'm hoping they honor the $15 price, if not, oh well... this is not a day one must have movie for me. It does put a sour taste in my mouth about Walmart though, they've always been a store I tend to avoid but even more so now.

[quote name='DanRydell from Consumerist comments area']

It's kind of an unwritten rule of price mistakes - if the store honors the price, great; if the store cancels your order, don't bitch about it. They didn't intend to sell it at that price.[/quote]

I'm all for that but... Seriously... again... how the fuck do you confuse $24.96 with $15.99????????????????????????????????? If I'm not going to get it at that price then the person creating this pricing shit better be fired and this never happen again. It's 2010 and it's the internet... It's not rocket science...

Emailed them letting them know I was very upset that I intended to purchase the item and send them my payment information yet they will not honor the price. We'll see how it goes, I suppose.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm all for that but... Seriously... again... how the fuck do you confuse $24.96 with $15.99????????????????????????????????? If I'm not going to get it at that price then the person creating this pricing shit better be fired and this never happen again. It's 2010 and it's the internet... It's not rocket science...[/QUOTE]How the fuck do you confuse $15.99 with $15.00? It was $15.00 not $15.99. ;)

Data entry mistakes happen. When they happen like this, people do tend to get fired, yes.

Walmart probably decided the way they handled it was an absolute disaster and classic "bait and switch" and figured they better honor the price for anyone upset enough to call...

what 800 number did ya'll call? just a general one off the .com site??

still waiting for some kind of email honoring it, but don't think that'll come thru if you don't email or call..

(what? I knew I said I'd give up, but then I wouldn't be a CAG :D )

[quote name='Justin42']Walmart probably decided the way they handled it was an absolute disaster and classic "bait and switch" and figured they better honor the price for anyone upset enough to call...[/QUOTE]

Except they are now giving people the middle finger when you call.

[quote name='shrike4242'] It was $15.00 not $15.99. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha... yeah. So, sue me.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']FYI, Target will have this for $17 plus something. Just wait for the AD prices in a few minute.[/QUOTE]

It's showing $22.99 right now...

[quote name='VipFREAK']
It's showing $22.99 right now...[/QUOTE]
Someone is updating the AD prices on the forum. We already have one on the video game section. So just hold on tight.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Someone is updating the AD prices on the forum. We already have one on the video game section. So just hold on tight.[/QUOTE]You do know there's a single-disc version and a three-disc BR/DVD/DC version, don't you?

3-disc on Amazon @ $24.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Three-Disc-Blu-ray-Combo-Digital/dp/B0021L8V1Q/

1-disc on Amazon @ $22.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-2-Single-Disc-Blu-ray/dp/B003YHSE7W

I'd bet the single-disc version is the one that's the price you're thinking of, not the 3-disc.

I contacted CS twice. The first time was a no go. Second time the lady put my info in to be referred to their financial dept to contact me in the next 24 hours with a resolution. Not sure if there will be any compensation or get it at orig. price but had to try. Really pissed me off with the limited availability email. Same thing happened last year with preorder of LOST bluray through BB. In the end I got it at the price it was originally for and they even gave me a $10 gift card for my trouble. I will post again with Wally's response.

bread's done
Back