Dead Island (PC) $9.99 on Newegg

Grabbed one as well, currently playing it on the 360 from a gamefly rental and enjoying it. I was hoping it came back in stock.

confirmed like the rest. I just bought one. Newegg seems to do this alot? They throttle their stock I think (maybe this helps with bringing in more traffic to their site?), or maybe I just lucky alot and check back when people cancel their orders?

:D

I just ordered a copy myself.

I hope my "old" pc runs the game well enough to play on low/medium"ish"

64 X2 2.2 GHz dual core
2GB of DDR ram
and 8800GT

[quote name='XtraN']or maybe I just lucky alot and check back when people cancel their orders? [/QUOTE]
If they did, they need to be smacked.

Got one too, $10 is easily worth something like this, zombie killing in a tropical locale.

I think Newegg does that cause they don't want to oversell something if their not sure on their available quantities. Customers get real pissy if something goes back ordered. Just seems simpler this way.

[quote name='argyle']Yes, it is.[/QUOTE]

That is honestly what would have been a make-it-or-break it decision for me. Thanks for the heads up.\\:D/

[quote name='Funkenstein91']I ordered it. Out of curiosity could I activate the game on Steam and then let my friend borrow the physical copy to play?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']No, Steam is required to play.[/QUOTE]

So I could throw away the game disc, and box since it would essentially render the disc useless?

I love me some digital games, not too much a fan of physical copies of games.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']So I could throw away the game disc, and box since it would essentially render the disc useless?

I love me some digital games, not too much a fan of physical copies of games.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can so long as you install it first and make sure it's on your Steam account. ^_^

[quote name='amundsjm']Yes, you can so long as you install it first and make sure it's on your Steam account. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think you don't even need to install it via disc. Just toss the key into Steam and install via that, no need to even have a dvd drive that way. Assuming you're OK waiting for the download.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']So I could throw away the game disc, and box since it would essentially render the disc useless?

I love me some digital games, not too much a fan of physical copies of games.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Jumped on one! Thanks OP! :D[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Coolicy']wow, I love you OP! Great find!

Any ideas how long this deal will last?[/QUOTE]

Jeeze, where's the love to the guy who revived this. =(

In all seriousness, you could throw the disc away, but it would save you a few GB of downloads if you install it using the disc. Afterwards, Steam will patch it to the latest version. Useful for anyone who's on a bandwidth cap.

In regards to how long it lasts, probably until they sell out since it's a pretty big drop for a game that quite a few want to pick up. They ran out of stock yesterday at around 1 PM EST, so I don't doubt it'll go OOS again.

What I find odd is that newegg is treating this game as something that is not on sale but just the new price point for the game. Also thanks immanewb.

Alright. I hesitated, and then hesitated again for a bit, but it was still in stock, so I ordered a copy for myself and someone who gifted me something in December. I would have missed out on this if not for cag, so thanks to OP!

[quote name='immanewb']Jeeze, where's the love to the guy who revived this. =([/QUOTE]

I love you.

[quote name='Coolicy']wow, I love you OP! Great find!

Any ideas how long this deal will last?[/QUOTE]

If it ends with the rest of the deals in the email, it should end 1/30. Of course, they could sell out again too. I grabbed one today after being disappointed yesterday.

Awesome! Thanks OP! I was planning on waiting to see if this went on sale on Steam, since I had a 25% off coupon, but I doubt it'd end up being 10 bucks even with the coupon, or if Steam would even have the game on sale again before the coupon expired on the first of March.

So this ends up being perfect, since it's Steam anyway.

[quote name='Zimmy']I wish it was a digital download.
By the time NewEgg ships it, Dead Island 2 will be out.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit being confused by your comment. Everything I've ever ordered from Newegg, even free shipping has arrived in a week tops.

[quote name='tominater12']What I find odd is that newegg is treating this game as something that is not on sale but just the new price point for the game. Also thanks immanewb.[/QUOTE]

your right. Maybe their trying to sell the stock off since it didn't sell well because everyone was just buying digital keys for it on steam. with this you got to wait for the game in the mail, rather then just download it off steam. Which even on DSL is far faster then waiting 1-7 days for the game in the mail.

[quote name='Earthbound_X']I have to admit being confused by your comment. Everything I've ever ordered from Newegg, even free shipping has arrived in a week tops.[/QUOTE]
With the $1 shoprunner deal going on, you can get it shipped 2-day for free.

[quote name='Mooby']How does it keep going in and out of stock?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to believe they run out of copies, then realize they had more just a few hours later, pretty weird.

[quote name='Earthbound_X']Yeah, I'm finding it hard to believe they run out of copies, then realize they had more just a few hours later, pretty weird.[/QUOTE]
maybe people are canceling orders?

[quote name='netscorer']Already received and finished downloading. Almost as fast as ordering directly from Steam and at 75% off it's an excellent buy![/QUOTE]

That must be some extremely fast shipping to receive it almost as fast as ordering through Steam. Did they teleport it to you?

[quote name='sunghost']That must be some extremely fast shipping to receive it almost as fast as ordering through Steam. Did they teleport it to you?[/QUOTE]

Yep, It took them 24 hours and it seemed like 23 of them the package was stuck in New Jersey terminal - damn that Christie and his unti-teleporting laws!

Still in stock and i picked one up! Thanks OP! Hopefully they ship tomorrow out of their Commerce, CA location and i will have it on Saturday!

[quote name='netscorer']Yep, It took them 24 hours and it seemed like 23 of them the package was stuck in New Jersey terminal - damn that Christie and his unti-teleporting laws![/QUOTE]
What region do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I live in southeastern PA about an hour from Philly, so NJ isn't that far away. Just trying to gauge when I should expect to see it.

I might not get mine until monday. But i've lived without it for about 4 months now, a few more days is nothing. Well unless I die of course, then it's everything.

::knocks on wood::

Picked one up combined with an ink order to use up the $40 google offer certificate for a grand total of $4.15 which makes for a very nice deal.

gonna pm this at frys. if i don't like it 10 bucks is an easier sacrifice then 30+ for the console version, and if i like it i'll probably pick it up for ps3 when it hits bargain bin price. thanks op

[quote name='Goatbuster']What region do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I live in southeastern PA about an hour from Philly, so NJ isn't that far away. Just trying to gauge when I should expect to see it.[/QUOTE]

Central CT. I usually always get Newegg shipments next day.

For anyone who gets it and doesn't like it, it's currently worth 1000 pts for trade at Goozex.com. Not bad for 10 bucks. And currently it's an instant trade, people are lining up to get it so there's no queue. I'm sure that will change very soon, and the point value will almost definitely go down next time they adjust, so act fast if you want it.

Note that if you chose to activate your key on Steam then you can't trade it.

Man Newegg needs more downloadable games/codes with all their deals...sigh. Not that it matters too much but still just nice to not have to worry about shipping and stuff sometimes. Plus it would put more pressure on Amazon and Steam (D2D has sucked lately and even more since merging with Gamefly).

[quote name='JKSonic']Man Newegg needs more downloadable games/codes with all their deals...sigh. Not that it matters too much but still just nice to not have to worry about shipping and stuff sometimes. Plus it would put more pressure on Amazon and Steam (D2D has sucked lately and even more since merging with Gamefly).[/QUOTE]

Well on the plus side, Newegg tends to have free shipping and no tax on most things.

If anybody got an extra copy I would like to trade Deus Ex HR or Dirt 3 steam keys for Dead Island's key (retail key is redeemable on Steam) :)

Just got mine today went to install and steam said it was a duplicate CD key, so I emailed newegg and lets see what they say, sucks.

bread's done
Back