[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

Walla Walla, WA KB is completely stripped clean. The manager said that they will be getting re-stock over the next few days and that they will continue with the $9.99-19.99 prices for awhile.

I got new, almost nobody there at opening

Boktai GBA 9.99
Otogi X-Box 14.99
Dino Crisis 3 X-Box 19.99
Tao Feng X-Box 9.99
Serious Sam X-Box 9.99
Midnight Club 2 X-Box 19.99
D&D Heroes X-Box 19.99
Solider Of Fortune II X-Box 19.99
NBA Street Vol 2 X-Box 9.99

BAD ASS HUH? Could not stop myself.... Thanks to you all for the price list since I had to tell the manager what was on sale.

Calling all cheapass gamers in the Southern NH/Northeast MA area! Both the KB Toys in Chelmsford, MA (Eastgate Plaza) and the KB Toys Outlet in Nashua, NH (Westside Plaza) were having the 9.99-19.99 sales. I was able to pick up Panzer, WSB 2k3, NBA Street 2, Otogi, and Genma earlier this evening. No one seemed to know there was even a sale going on (including the people who work there whom I had called earlier :). Your mileage may vary!

:oops:

YOu all are really LUCKY

I live in Missouri & i did checked out 3 Kbtoys store all they have is 20% off sale and Nothing else.

I wanted Arc the Lad for $14.99 not $31.99 (I can pickup someplace for $24.99 or Less)

Would anyone be able to pick me up a copy of Otogi (XBOX) brute force (XBOX) Xenosaga (PS2) arc the lad (PS2), Boktai (GBA). I can pay via paypal. My email is [email protected] or you can AIM me at Jtnguyen12

Please........... Gimme some of ur LOVE for your poorly !! :)

Man I really wanted to pick up Moto GP2 for xbox but I had to work today. I'm going to go up there tomorrow but I am willing to bet that they won't have it.

Hmmm... got a couple of things but really didn't make out that well...

I think the manager let the employee hold stuff in back (all the Botoki and G-Force) since they hand 5-10 copies the day before.... :roll:

Anyway.... I did find Silent Hill, Gandia 2, and Brute Force. Not bad....

I already had Otogi (which I paid $50 for). Good game....

I'm looking for Botoki, G-Force and Ico.
My store had lots of Otogi, maybe a couple more Brute Force, lots of Metroid Prime. I can also still find most of the Circuity City sale thread games if anyone is interested in a trade just PM me and I can go back.

After a disappointing visit to one KB Toys, I randomly stumbled upon another one that was having the sale. I picked up Panzer Dragoon Orta for $10, and *drumroll* VAGRANT STORY FOR $10!!! WHEE!!!!

Thanks for all the info on this sale, I probably never would have gotten Vagrant Story otherwise.

I got these game at kb toys:

1. nba street vol2
2. brute force
3. f zero
4. high heat baseball
5. AVP
6. ICO
7. Onimusha

[quote name='valkyriesound']Hmmm... got a couple of things but really didn't make out that well...

I think the manager let the employee hold stuff in back .[/quote]

I can personally confirm this one through a Kaybe employee who came on gamefaqs before this sale became big news -- but I doubt all stores are run that way

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=2000105&topic=11701025

^if anyone missed out on arc the Lad: twilight of spirits, here is the Kaybe employee to blame

In fact, I'm all for blaming him for every copy of that game missing from every single store -- even those stores who weren't honoring the sale ;-)

[quote name='Querjek'][quote name='WhoDey72'][quote name='Querjek']The KB in Parkersburg, WV is having the $9.99-$19.99 sale. I'm going a bit later. *hopes they still have Boktai and Contra: SS*[/quote]

What!?!?

I called that store both Fri evening and Sat morning and they made no mention of it. Therefore, I didn't bother going. Are you sure they are doing the sale?[/quote]

Yes. I got 5 of the 7 games I wanted, including Contra and Boktai. w00t.[/quote]

Should have known not to trust clueless employees. I may run down there today when I get back in town but I'm sure they are out of what I wanted by now. Did you happen to notice if there were a lot of copies of F-Zero and Botkai?

Also, are these games marked down with stickers or are they just showing the discounts when scanned?

Argh, my "luck" in getting the last Panzer Dragoon Orta wasn't so real afterall- it won't play in my xbox at all and I had to return it.

If anyone has an extra copy of PDO or Ico and wants to help me out, I'll gladly pay through paypal or another method :). email: pimp_star@hotmailDOTcom

[quote name='WhoDey72']
Should have known not to trust clueless employees.[/quote]

Yeah, I would have to agree with this. Unless specifically told otherwise that your local stores aren't doing a sale (and even then!), check the place out in person if you can. I dropped by two places on Friday, and called a third on Saturday morning, and none of them seemed to know anything about a "sale". That's why I didn't bother racing around in the morning, and instead just dropped by a couple of places during the evening. And lo and behold -- there they were!

I was at the one in Succasunna/Ledgewood NJ today. They still had TONS of stuff. F-Zero GX, Silent Hill 3, PD Orta, a bunch of others.

The GBA games were unsorted but they had plenty of those too.

I grabbed Activision Anthology, Clock Tower 3, Contra Advance and Mark of Kri. Might go back for Brute Force, Amplitude and any other GB games they had. I'm going to check the one in the Rockaway Mall on my dinner break.

After hearing the annoyances, I was surprised that the girl working there was incredibly nice. She obviously didn't know anything about video games, but keeping your sanity working retail at Christmas time is definitely not very easy.

My one local K.B. Toys shop that had anything in stock on sale was a mess Saturday morning, so I went back later and found Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Silent Hill 3, Ico and Clock Tower 3. It's too bad their stores aren't more organized.

Anyone :oops:

Would you be able to pick me up these titles for meeh. It would be greatly appreciated as my store was out of stock on those titles. I can pay via paypal. My email is [email protected] or you can AIM me at Jtnguyen12.

Brute Force (XBOX) $9.99
Otogi: Myth of Demon (XBOX) $14.99
Arc The Lad (PS2) $14.99
Clock Towers 2 (PS2) $9.99
Xenosaga (PS2) $9.99
Boktai (GBA) $9.99

Pleasee............. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee..........Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee SHOW your Cheapass Friend some love !!! :twisted:

I went to mine this morning to pick up Boktai and I also found a Castlevania Harmoney of Dissonance for 9.99

How much was Activision Anthology for the GBA?

I would like to say thanks to everyone who posted the KB Toys stores, that had the $9.99-$19.99 green dot sale, in the Chicagoland area...

I went to KB Toys last night and asked the employee for Panzer Dragoon Orta and Otogi: Myth of Demons. He scanned the shelves in the Xbox display case for a few minutes, then said he didn't see the games. I then got as close as I could to the Xbox display case, and scanned the shelves myself, cause I wasn't leaving without Xbox games. After 5 minutes of scanning the shelves, I noticed Otogi: Myth of Demons and soon after Panzer Dragoon Orta! I got the 2 games I really wanted the most! I also noticed other Xbox games I want too, but I ran out of money...

Hopfully I can go back again and pick up a few more Xbox games... :lol:

Well, I missed out on this one. For those that don't want to read 32 pgs of this thread...I had called Fri night and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I then called Sat morning before leaving town and they still didn't know anything so I didn't bother going.

While at a relatives house Sat evening, I jumped online to check out this thread and naturally somebody that lives in my town (Parkersburg WV) posted they had gotten cheap games there. This really irritated me (being told there was no sale). So after traveling back to town Sun evening I ran by before going home. Sure enough, theres the table with the sale going on.

I was looking for F-Zero and Botkai but it looked like the table had been thoroughly searched as there was nothing of interest to me. They did still have Metroid Prime but I already have that game. I checked with the counter to make sure they didn't have a copy behind the shelf but they couldn't find any. The girl was like "I know we had the game yesterday." Yeah, someone told me it was $50 so I passed, I thought as I walked out.

Oh well.

Kings Plaza Mall in Brooklyn, NY has the $9.99 to $19.99 sale. I found absolutely nothing there though. I was looking for Contra: Shattered Soldier and F-Zero GX, but they only had F-Zero. When I brought it up to the counter, they didn't even have the game. :x

Yeah, I went today and saw they had Midtown Madness 3 but they didn't even have it in stock. The girl was looking at NCAA March Madness the whole time even after I told her not that game.

These stores are all having the sale:
MASSAPEQUA, NY
PLAINVIEW, NY
HUNTINGTON STATION, NY
FARMINGDALE, NY
W. HEMPSTEAD, NY
OCEANSIDE, NY

FunkSoulBrother, I just came back from the Kings Plaza mall and they had a bunch of PS2 games on sale, that weren't there when I went last night. I finally got Amplitude. They also had Xenosaga and a bunch of other alright games. I didn't see Contra or F-Zero though. Last night they had alot of Xbox games on sale, but today there were only a few left.

Brooklyn NY here

I got Metroid and Megaman Transmissions in Woodbury. Do any of the Brooklyn KB's still have decent GC games? I might go tomorrow again.

I went up to the kb by my house in puyallup, wa and it was only doing the 20% off. Plus they had hardly any games to begin with. So it sucked and I wasnt able to get moto gp 2.

[quote name='discoalucard']I was at the one in Succasunna/Ledgewood NJ today. [/quote]

Word I went there Saturday!!

Yo, check the one in Morris Plains (on rt 10 next to Khols) They put NCAA Football 2004 (Xbox) on for $9.99 Im thinking by accident. They might still have some because only the GC games were really selling because of all the moms that were there.

Just got back from KB Toys in Newtown, CT. The place looked untouched. Couldn't find any Gamecube F-zeros. Picked up Boktai and Xenosaga for $9.99 each. Plus Dark Cloud 2 at $19.99.

KB Toys in Stratford, CT was having the $9.99 - $19.99 sale but they were RAIDED.

The KBToys at Southpoint in Durham, NC had some different games the second time I went there; it seems many of the stores are getting new shipments in during the clearance. Between my two trips i picked up:

Brute Force - $9.99
Otogi - $14.99
Arc the Lad - $14.99
Silent Hill 3 - $19.99
Boktai - $9.99

I actually bought a used copy of Boktai for $20 recently, but couldnt help myself when I saw it at the store. If anyone bought an extra NBA Street vol. 2, I'd be willing to trade the unopened Boktai for it.

Dark Cloud 2 should have been 14.99!!!

"those KB employees are dumb "

...Cheapy, I'd like to use a vowel.. in the middle of 3 other letters [face_angry]

Went really late tonight to the Aresenal Mall in Watertown MA.
They had a decend selection, though they are idiots. There were no Xenosaga's on the shelf, but he had a few outback.

Ended up with Xenosaga, Boktai and Clock Tower 3.

Thanks for the info!

BTW, Braintree MA (South Shore Plaza) is NOT doing this sale, only the 20% off.

I went to Arsenal kb earier picked up
winback-ps2 9.99
monopoly party-gc 14.99
metroid prime gc 19.99
Megaman trans-gc 14.99
shadow of destiny -ps2 9.99
xenosaga-9.99

[quote name='Romeo']Yep, Wilkes Barre PA.

They didn't have F Zero or Boktai... well they did, but shelf copies.[/quote]

Have them check the price!!!!! I picked up Boktai, along with several other games, off the shelf, and they all rang up at the prices on the list. Go now!!!! Hehe

West Covina, CA is having the $10-20 sale.
Puente Hills, CA is 20% off.

Tonight I picked up:

Boktai: $10
MotoGP 2: $20
P.N. 03: $20
Shadow of Destiny: $10

The West Covina store also had Otogi, Dino Crisis 3, Dynasty Warriors 4, D&D Heroes, Dark Cloud 2, Silent Hill 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta. and a few more copies of everything I bought. No Arc the Lad or F-Zero though.

I'm thinking of going back for DC2, and DW4. Can anyone hook me up with F-Zero or Arc? I'm sure I can pick up copies of stuff for trade.

My first cheap ass post! This site rocks!

Anyway, I went to the KB in Reseda CA....and they had no idea anything was supposed to be on sale, but sure enough Boktai GBA rang up as $9.99 and Otogi XBOX rang up as $14.99...awesome. I also picked up Crazy Chase for GBA (9.99) since I used to dig it on SNES.

Oh, and I also got Ico PS2 (9.99) for a friend of mine...because anyone with a PS2 should f*ing have Ico!!!!

Rare Hero

Sonuva.... I checked the KB in Ocala, FL today and they only had the 20% off signs everywhere, none of the games were labeled as these prices. I still need an Otogi, should have had them check.

bread's done
Back