[DEAD]NewEgg Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $47.99 plus free shipping

Raygne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
NewEgg Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $47.99 plus free shipping

Limit 1 per customer!
Promo Code: EMCYTZT636

The ad specifies Xbox 360 but it does say available for PS3 and PC. Promo ends 11:59PM PDT on Sunday, 7/31/2011
Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']Ordered this along with a $14.74 total 1600 Microsoft Points card. Thanks so much, OP. I love newegg pre-orders and their NEWCUSTOMER10 + pre-order code stacking :p[/QUOTE]

The codes don't stack for me. You must have been lucky.

BF3's graphics look way better than MW3. I was looking forward to MW3 but since the original IW developers jumped ship, I'm less optimistic about the quality of this game.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes...I think most of us could ascertain what your implications were. So why didn't you simply state such to begin with instead of making a stupid initial comment? And what is it to you that he wants to wait until it hits $20? Did you forget what site you're in?

Your comment seems more suitable with the rest of the dregs at Gamefaqs.

In other words...people like you annoy me...and others here. Either say something constructive or fuck off son.[/QUOTE]

Tons of cags do this all the time on deal posts. The only difference i did was saying i'm going to get battlefield 3 first. If battlefield 3 wasn't coming out this year, i'd probably waste my money on CoD, because come november the hype waggon will be rollin' round.. Also my comment on activision? Yes, i stand buy it. Why would i want to continue to support a publisher that butchers games and fires lead developers?

In reality, call of duty is the next madden, the next guitar hero. Yearly releases. What i meant is, i can wait a year for this game to be much cheaper, because there will be another one out in a year.

I can't believe all the mindless and thoughtless CAGS around here these days, i've been expressing my opinion about things and people act like i killed someone.

[quote name='poker360']Tons of cags do this all the time on deal posts. The only difference i did was saying i'm going to get battlefield 3 first. If battlefield 3 wasn't coming out this year, i'd probably waste my money on CoD, because come november the hype waggon will be rollin' round.. Also my comment on activision? Yes, i stand buy it. Why would i want to continue to support a publisher that butchers games and fires lead developers?

In reality, call of duty is the next madden, the next guitar hero. Yearly releases. What i meant is, i can wait a year for this game to be much cheaper, because there will be another one out in a year.

I can't believe all the mindless and thoughtless CAGS around here these days, i've been expressing my opinion about things and people act like i killed someone.[/QUOTE]

What the hell..

I dont care what military shooter you want to go to bed at night with in November, nor do I care about your thoughts on Activision. The only thing I was referring to was that CM3 will not be $20 even when CM4 comes out, THAT IS ALL!

Thanks OP. $47.99 is a great deal for New Yorkers since Newegg doesn't charge tax. Even if Amazon gave a $20 credit, a $59.99 game would cost me $65.31 after tax. I'd rather save $20 upfront than receive credit.

[quote name='Mikocouch']What the hell..

I dont care what military shooter you want to go to bed at night with in November, nor do I care about your thoughts on Activision. The only thing I was referring to was that CM3 will not be $20 even when CM4 comes out, THAT IS ALL![/QUOTE]

Ok, then i will wait until when it is $20?
Lol.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes...I think most of us could ascertain what your implications were. So why didn't you simply state such to begin with instead of making a stupid initial comment? And what is it to you that he wants to wait until it hits $20? Did you forget what site you're in?

Your comment seems more suitable with the rest of the dregs at Gamefaqs.

In other words...people like you annoy me...and others here. Either say something constructive or fuck off son.[/QUOTE]

Why are you reacting so hostile at something so minor? I see people post comments that aren't always constructive all the time, so just calm down and reserve your anger for something that warrants it.

[quote name='Donut2922']The codes don't stack for me. You must have been lucky.

BF3's graphics look way better than MW3. I was looking forward to MW3 but since the original IW developers jumped ship, I'm less optimistic about the quality of this game.[/QUOTE]

there's a method, have the 2 items in your cart and use both codes. change the quality to like 4 or 5 on the points items, set it back to 1 and it should work :booty: i hope you enjoy!

[quote name='victimsofadown']Can I cancel if amz has a better deal?[/QUOTE]

yeah they don't charge you till they ship.

i believe they do have tax in Cali but again you can cancel if amazon has the better deal.

[quote name='karyadi']yeah they don't charge you till they ship.

i believe they do have tax in Cali but again you can cancel if amazon has the better deal.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

[quote name='iRandom']Call me when it's < $20[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's not really how it works here. See, folks post deals, and those that are interested participate and usually reply with something cordial, like 'Thanks OP' or the like. There aren't any phone call reminders or anything like. At least not yet. Maybe you could recommend this feature to CheapyD. On the other hand, you could look up the game page and setup an email price alert to get notified when the price drops below $20. But, contrary to the widespread misconception exhibited in this thread, you actually do not need to post anything in a thread about the game in order to setup the email alert. It's magic like that.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='karyadi']there's a method, have the 2 items in your cart and use both codes. change the quality to like 4 or 5 on the points items, set it back to 1 and it should work :booty: i hope you enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks but I tried it and the newcustomer code doesn't apply for me by itself. I assume it's because I'm not a new customer. I was hoping it would glitch and still take.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks but I tried it and the newcustomer code doesn't apply for me by itself. I assume it's because I'm not a new customer. I was hoping it would glitch and still take.[/QUOTE]

you can make a new account on the same email like this. [email protected] -> [email protected]. takes like 5 seconds to do and this way you'll always get $10 off. again hope that helps!

I really want to bite, but between Rage, BF3 and Skyrim don't feel like I'll really play it that much. But if I can get the manipulation to get it down to 38 I may just have to get it. I too am weary of them IW jumping ship but at the same time MW2 had it faults. I think I'll just wait for Black Friday but appreciate the post.

Come BF, I'm sure there'll be all sorts of combo deals so I'll just wait till then
But DE HR comes in less than a month so I'm uber excited for that

[quote name='Lucian']Yeah, that's not really how it works here. See, folks post deals, and those that are interested participate and usually reply with something cordial, like 'Thanks OP' or the like. There aren't any phone call reminders or anything like. At least not yet. Maybe you could recommend this feature to CheapyD. On the other hand, you could look up the game page and setup an email price alert to get notified when the price drops below $20. But, contrary to the widespread misconception exhibited in this thread, you actually do not need to post anything in a thread about the game in order to setup the email alert. It's magic like that.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

oh lol

I loved both the games and anticipate on getting both. They're both good in their own way.

As for the bickering. I'm sure its ok to let some things go. Thanks OP for the contribution that really makes this community great.

maybe i am adding fuel to the fire but i thought this image was pretty cool

MW3vsBF3-600x337.png

[quote name='ShockandAww']How many times have you done that? Seems like a good way to get banned from their site.[/QUOTE]

Just twice, it's because I didn't want to make a completely new email. Thanks for the note because obviously there are options that are more risky than others. You should tell the people who got more than one 40% coupon at goHastings that too. ;)

Thanks, ordered it for $48, although I'm mostly likely going to cancel because I'll be riding the Kmart coupon train in the coming months.

[quote name='avalanche4']Thanks, ordered it for $48, although I'm mostly likely going to cancel because I'll be riding the Kmart coupon train in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

Was that including tax? How did you pull that off? I don't have a newegg account but if there's a way to combine this promo code with another get it for $48 total please let me know! :D

Want to pre-order but I also want to find out if the Hardened edition is going to have anything worthwhile before I commit to the standard edition.

[quote name='poker360']Just got this email as well. Will wait till it's < $20, and hopefully used so i don't support activision.

Battlefield 3 will hold me until then.[/QUOTE]

Then why buy it at all? Yes, I know buying used means the money doesn't go to Activision, but if you don't care for the company then why even bother getting it? Put up or shut up, kid.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Want to pre-order but I also want to find out if the Hardened edition is going to have anything worthwhile before I commit to the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Just preorder and cancel if you need to...they don't charge your card until the order ships and the game releases...
it's a win-win

Any other Newegg deals (preorder hopefully) currently going on I may have missed? Looking to possibly apply the new customer code as well.

If not, I'll just add 1600 points to the cart and basically get that free.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Newegg has the PC version of Dead Island listed for $39.99 (was $49.99) if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

have a strange feeling that Dead Island is a game that will end up being $20-$30 across the board not very long after release

I hope Call of Duty DOESN'T go away anytime soon. Something needs to babysit all the 12 year olds, don't need them migrating over to BF3.

[quote name='Lucian']Yeah, that's not really how it works here. See, folks post deals, and those that are interested participate and usually reply with something cordial, like 'Thanks OP' or the like. There aren't any phone call reminders or anything like. At least not yet. Maybe you could recommend this feature to CheapyD. On the other hand, you could look up the game page and setup an email price alert to get notified when the price drops below $20. But, contrary to the widespread misconception exhibited in this thread, you actually do not need to post anything in a thread about the game in order to setup the email alert. It's magic like that.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

O BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *like a goat*

tempting...

[quote name='Cyrcle']Any other Newegg deals (preorder hopefully) currently going on I may have missed? Looking to possibly apply the new customer code as well.

If not, I'll just add 1600 points to the cart and basically get that free.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please explain to me how the new customer code works and what the price of MW3 would be after the code (tax included)? It would be much appreciated. Also LOL at people saying the will wait for the game to hit $20 :roll:. First of all that will take forever, MW2 is still at least $40 most places. Secondly, if you want to buy the game used so that you don't support Activision you are basically saying that they make a quality product that you want to play, but that you don't want to support them for it. That makes a lot of sense /sarcasm.

If a company can make a product that you want to buy, they are a good company. If you think they are money hungry then don't buy the DLC or COD Elite sub. But if you are tempted to buy those things too then don't whine about it.

[quote name='Jurassic425']No. Are you new to literacy?[/QUOTE]
No. Did you read?

It makes sense why people share feelings of disgust towards Activision

[quote name='cRodz']No. Did you read?

It makes sense why people share feelings of disgust towards Activision[/QUOTE]

You totally missed the point.

[quote name='shingletingle']You totally missed the point.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he really did. I'm not even going to bother to explain myself again. The bottom line in this thread is that for anyone who wants to purchase the game this is an excellent deal. Consider the fact that Black Ops is still selling for 59.99 at many retailers. Getting MW3 pre-ordered for 20% off is an excellent deal.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Exactly, he really did. I'm not even going to bother to explain myself again. The bottom line in this thread is that for anyone who wants to purchase the game this is an excellent deal. Consider the fact that Black Ops is still selling for 59.99 at many retailers. Getting MW3 pre-ordered for 20% off is an excellent deal.[/QUOTE]

but getting it pre ordered at amazon will make it 33% off when the $20 credit is added...plus newegg charges tax in a couple of big states

I might actually bite on this one. Battlefield 3 looks like a bore-fest, do people actually enjoy walking across huge maps for 10 minutes only to get sniped by someone you will most likely never find?

CoD has consistently made good upgrades on all of their games... they have fast-paced action and literally all of my friend, classmates, and co-workers play CoD. It is the best social game on both PSN and Xbox Live.

BF3 is just a terrible social game. It has no splitscreen options, so no local mulitplayer matches with friends. It has no splitscreen online, which is one of the best features on Black Ops, and barely any people use the online chat features on BF3.

EA is no better than Activision so the only people complaining about Activision are those that try to attract attention by not liking the most popular thing out there. They would hate on BF3 if it was the most popular FPS series too.

So this is a great price for CoD and all the BF trolls should get the hell out of here.

Now as much as I hate Activision, their pricing, the whole IW debacle (core team having nothing to do with this and the gall Activision has to keep the title) and the fact that it kinda is a yearly game (2 year development cycles and all, much still doesn't change year to year), CoD is incredibly popular to hate on (pretty much the definition of a "mainstream" game that seems incredibly overrated by the masses) but I don't think the level of hate a lot of people have for it is deserved. I'm tempted to bite since I know Activision's pricing will guarantee that this doesn't get much cheaper until CoD 10 comes out. However, not really into supporting how that debacle with IW came out, so I'll pass. I'd probably say I'm more of a BF fan (main series) but I do agree with some of the missing inclusions mentioned above. BF3 is getting very overhyped though, but it does seem like a solid game.

Off-topic slightly: Does that $10 off promo code for Halo: CE Anniversary still work? I've just been waiting for something to go on sale @ Newegg that was worth $20+. Same question to the NEWCUSTOMER10 code.

bread's done
Back